* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23881 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11230 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

Never ordered from them before.  How is their shipping quality?  How do they ship out single games or blu-ray singles.  When do they upgrade to using a box, etc.

In my experience they only use bubble mailers for small game, CD or movie orders, though that's not any different than Best Buy or Amazon.  That said I've never gotten anything damaged from them.  Plus they have great customer service so I imagine a replacement would be pretty easy if it came damaged.

#23882 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Looking at bullmoose, are their pre owned games usually complete?

I've never seen a game without the case and insert in the store.  The reason is, if you try to trade in disc only at Bullmoose they only give you like 1 cent no matter what it is, so no one trades in there if they only have the disc.  So the odds are really low for you to come across disc only for any of their physical media.   

MidoriMonkey.png

#23883 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

I've never seen a game without the case and insert in the store.  The reason is, if you try to trade in disc only at Bullmoose they only give you like 1 cent no matter what it is, so no one trades in there if they only have the disc.  So the odds are really low for you to come across disc only for any of their physical media.   

Cool, gives me a bit more confidence in buying some games, thanks.

#23884 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

In my experience they only use bubble mailers for small game, CD or movie orders, though that's not any different than Best Buy or Amazon.  That said I've never gotten anything damaged from them.  Plus they have great customer service so I imagine a replacement would be pretty easy if it came damaged.

Thanks. I'll give them a try next time amazon is out of something I want.

#23885 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8575 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Draekon 7'Scarlet has a physical Vita release too. 

#23886 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5536 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

Draekon 7'Scarlet has a physical Vita release too. 

You know, when I remember when I first checked it I saw that. Then at the end I thought "I should check PS Blog just in case." and it said Digital Only there, so that's what I recorded. That's what I get for doing it past the time I normally go to sleep.

#23887 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:25 AM

Shenmue III Shows Off The Graphical Brush-ups Since The Last Trailer

Square Enix producer on Star Ocean 6: “Please wait a little longer”

The Lost Child Shows Off Its English Voice Acting

Spoiler

SEGA teases news coming soon for its mystery Sonic racing game

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan via Cloud Gaming

Spoiler

Fire Pro Wrestling World for PS4 Japanese Premium Edition and Season Pass announced

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker’s Japanese Release Date Announced; New Screenshots Released

Bullet Girls Phantasia Japanese shop-specific purchase bonuses announced

Here Are The Results For The Mega Man Series Famitsu Survey

Fate/Grand Order Arcade Adds Georgios And Gaius Julius Caesar To Its Launch Roster

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey X Will Get All Class Illustrations From Past Games As DLC

Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC characters Fused Zamasu and SSGSS Vegito launch May 31

My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? to release for Switch in North America and Europe

#23888 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

The weeb-pocalypse is happening too quickly for me.

I dont read CAG for a weekend and all this news is what I'm greeted with? As if Mondays weren't bad enough!

tumblr_inline_o1a9a6oogL1qhmcv4_500.png

#23889 nagpo  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Who does Samael's voice in The Lost child? I like it.

And I'm really excited for the new sonic racing game. They're so much better than mario kart.

And shenmue... well, it does look better at the very least but I just have a bad feeling about the game.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!

#23890 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5536 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

I dont read CAG for a weekend and all this news is what I'm greeted with? As if Mondays weren't bad enough!

Then you should know that Steam/Valve sent out mails to those who received it saying they'll re-review each game. Not sure if everybody who received the original notice got one or not.

#23891 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Then you should know that Steam/Valve sent out mails to those who received it saying they'll re-review each game. Not sure if everybody who received the original notice got one or not.

At least four developers/publishers did (Huniepot, Lupiesoft, Mangagamer and NekoWorks).

#23892 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8575 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

Also Sekai I think did for Tropical Liquor (this game looks horrible haha). Hopefully these all turn out well.

#23893 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

tumblr_inline_o1a9a6oogL1qhmcv4_500.png

1V1k9KD.jpg

This is one of those things that started off great in my head, but then sort of fell apart during the image search. Anyway, here's Anime Garfield because he also hates Mondays.

#23894 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

Also Sekai I think did for Tropical Liquor (this game looks horrible haha). Hopefully these all turn out well.

Neko Works actually got the notice for Tropical Liquor (even though Steam says it's published by Sekai).  Not sure who owns what really.

And it's not a horrible game, it's just not exactly worth the $10 it costs.  At $5 or less it's okay though.

#23895 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Both Muv-Luv VITA games available for Pre-Order on Amazon and release June 8th (1 - 2)

Meanwhile backers are told to wait...  [-(

#23896 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Death Stranding Screenshot Shared by Hideo Kojima Shows Some Beautiful Moss

Summer Lesson: Allison Snow & Chisato Shinjo English version ‘Chisato Shinjo’ trailer

Spoiler

#23897 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:32 AM

I like Persona 4 just as much as anyone... but shit, can't they let it rest? I thought Dancing All Night was supposed to be the end of it.

#23898 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39994 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

I don't know why Persona 4 gets milked so much. It's not even as good as Persona 3.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#23899 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3676 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:15 AM

Vita's officially dead, maybe they're finally gonna port it. 

#23900 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:17 AM

Persona 4: The Flamethrower

#23901 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life Cycle”

PlayStation: Sony Promises Exclusive First-Party Games, New IP, and Strengthening Existing Ones

Visual Novel Sumire Announced for English Release

Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 PS4 Remasters Announced on Famitsu

Spoiler

Yakuza 3, 4, 5 Remasters Will Run At 1080p And 60fps With The Same Content From The Originals

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Releases September 27 In Japan

Everybody’s Golf’s Level-5 Collaboration Has Dark Cloud, Ni no Kuni, Layton, Yo-kai Watch Costumes

Haku, Kuon, Ukon, Nekone, Ougi, And Nosori Join Utawarerumono Zan

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Gets Western Release Date, Trailer, Screenshots, and More

Spoiler

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Adds Love Heart, Releases September 6 In Japan

Atlus Working On Mid & Long-Term Plans For Persona Including A New Numbered Title

Kemco announces visual novel Saiaku Naru Saiyaku Ningen ni Sasagu for PS4

#23902 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 PS4 Remasters Announced on Famitsu

Spoiler

Nice. Now 3 can get an uncut release here.

#23903 Tothoro  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hopefully we continue to get localizations and physical releases for Yakuza 3-5. Would be really cool to have steelbooks for 1-6.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#23904 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Persona 4: The Flamethrower

nido04b.png

#23905 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36505 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

I feel like this could have been worded better; now everyone will take it out of context as meaning the PS5 is right around the corner.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps3: Devil May Cry HD; FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: HM: Project Diva f [JP]; Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: SEGA Genesis Classics (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#23906 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Gungrave VR, Gal Metal, and More Announced by Xseed Games

Spoiler

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity Announced For PC In The West With A Summer 2018 Release

Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient Headed Westward In Fall 2018 (PC)

Switch Rhythm Game Gal Metal Headed To North America And Europe In Fall 2018

Gungrave VR Headed To PlayStation VR In The West In Fall 2018

Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round Will Be at EVO With New Side Tournament

Dragon Ball FighterZ’s New DLC Character Vegito (SSGSS) Stars in New Trailer and Screenshots

Spoiler

Shining Resonance Refrain Gets New Trailer, and it’s All About Dragons

Spoiler

Following Steam’s Crackdown on Games with Adult Content, MangaGamer Debuts on GOG

#23907 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36505 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

None of these are Cold Steel III. :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps3: Devil May Cry HD; FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: HM: Project Diva f [JP]; Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: SEGA Genesis Classics (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#23908 nagpo  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

I feel like this could have been worded better; now everyone will take it out of context as meaning the PS5 is right around the corner.

yeah he basically says 20121 is when they'll start developing for PS5.

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!

#23909 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36505 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

yeah he basically says 20121 is when they'll start developing for PS5.

Oh boy, 18000 more years of PS4! :whee:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#23910 nagpo  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

Oh boy, 18000 more years of PS4! :whee:

you know what i meant 2021. look at the last bullet point

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!