New Nintendo Account System Pre-Registration Now Live

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
New Nintendo Account Pre-Registration Now available

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login?post_login_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

sign in using your NNID, social media profile, or new account all together.

Also:

People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch.

my-nintendo.jpg

Nintendo outlines launch plans for first mobile app Miitomo

Nintendo's first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch in North America in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting Feb. 17, people will be able to pre-register for Miitomo by signing up for the new Nintendo Account service using their existing email, social media accounts or current Nintendo Network IDs. People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch. Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo's Mii characters, which first debuted on the Wii console, to engage friends in a lighthearted and welcoming environment. Users can spark fun conversations and learn more about each other by answering questions such as "What song has been stuck in your head lately?", "Do you believe in aliens?", or even "If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend's nose, what would you do?" Users can also easily take and share photos featuring their Mii with the Miifoto feature. Nintendo's new My Nintendo rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March, and will be able to connect with the app.

"Miitomo is a uniquely entertaining mobile experience that only Nintendo can deliver," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "Featuring Mii characters, users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way that transforms communication into a form of play."

Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017. More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on http://www.nintendo.com in the coming weeks. https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nr8Ki13MRetye5Ejq2y3320LSWt_1aqQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to sign in with my NNID, and it sent me to the "create an account" page. Which already had all my information pre-filled.

Then it said it sent an email to my address, but I never got it.

I tried to sign in with my NNID, and it sent me to the "create an account" page. Which already had all my information pre-filled.

I had to make an another account then relink my NNID.

Does this mean RIP System Transfers? PLEASE TELLS ME IT IS
I hope so, I got the original 3DS I would like to use more and leave my N3DS at home during vacations.

I couldn't sign in with my NNID. I had to create a new account then link my NNID and gmail account.

Did you check your spam folder?

When I received my code (and the code to change my password to a verified one for the site), they initially ended up there, with me eventually marking them as "not spam".

Did you check your spam folder?

When I received my code (and the code to change my password to a verified one for the site), they initially ended up there, with me eventually marking them as "not spam".
i ended up getting the email about half an hour later, had already closed the page and when i went back i assume it must have sent a new code (that im now waiting for again)

Just for clarification, we have to make a new account right now, even if we already have a Nintendo Network account?
This is a unifying account for future services, like buying things in digital shops, transferring content between systems, getting "Club Nintendo" style rewards, etc. Right now it doesn't do anything. It probably won't do much of anything until the NX releases.

Sweet. Now its time for Nintendo to introduce achievements so I can no life them like I do on Sony consoles
Dude, 1 thing at a time. Achievements will come in 2026, followed by a subscription fee with free monthly game in 2036.

Hopefully the WiiZ has 1080p by then. And 60fps
well it isnt achievements per se but there will be points you earn for certain actions in games and so on that earn points.

Rewards will be separated into two different tiers: Gold Points (received from buying Nintendo games, consoles and digital content), and Platinum points that you'll get from logging into your "My Nintendo" account, playing games on your phone, and other non-transaction based things.

How you earn the points differs, as does how you use them. Platinum points can be exchanged for digital contents (wallpapers, game DLC), while gold points will change into discount vouchers — for buying more Nintendo stuff. Wait, no more Mario caps and frivolous Nintendo toys, a laClub Nintendo? Not quite: Nintendo's investor briefing slides add that you will be able to swap Platinum points for "original goods", mentioned separately to digital swag.

I haven't gotten an email verification yet, inbox or spam. I am using a Yahoo email, but I've never had a problem with any other website or company...

War... War never changes. And neither does Nintendo's antiquated account systems.

It's a pretty big deal.
Nintendo does things differently. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not.

None of the other console platforms have offered any rewards for purchases. Nintendo did for quite awhile with Club Nintendo, with money back gift certificates and also physical/digital rewards. Those were nice benefits for users. Nintendo still isn't charging for online multiplayer either, one of the worst practices in console gaming.

In any case, console bashing is pretty shitty and fanboyish. It's what I expect to see on GameFAQs and NeoGAF, not CAG.

bread's done
Back