* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#3931 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

woo walmart near me is still clearancing, the clearance games used to be in the clearance section but some appeared a week or two later in the far right game cases. got the surge for 15 and portal knights for 7. they also had guardians for 10

#3932 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

What Flash drive is this referring to? I looked back a few pages and also searched the term "flash drive" and "drive" and saw no mention of these.

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=17804967

The nearest store told me they didn't have it but I went back the next day looking for a couple other things and the same lady who told me they didn't have it found it in the back and asked if I still wanted it. So odds are they have it somewhere in the back and not on the floor since its USB 2.0 not 3.0.

They look like this:

20180114_220924.jpg

#3933 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:17 AM

The nearest store told me they didn't have it but I went back the next day looking for a couple other things and the same lady who told me they didn't have it found it in the back and asked if I still wanted it. So odds are they have it somewhere in the back and not on the floor since its USB 2.0 not 3.0.

They look like this:

attachicon.gif20180114_220924.jpg

Every damn time I asked employees if they have them in the back, they say no. Like, are they allergic to looking in the back? Nobody wants to look for anything it seems. It's like, if it's not there where they can see it, then it doesn't exist.

#3934 LiquidCrew   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

LiquidCrew

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Every damn time I asked employees if they have them in the back, they say no. Like, are they allergic to looking in the back? Nobody wants to look for anything it seems. It's like, if it's not there where they can see it, then it doesn't exist.

That’s what happens every time at my local Walmart. I’ll have brickseek up, show them they should have it in the back. Plenty of stock. Twenty minutes later (prob take a break) they come back saying they don’t have any in stock. It’s every single time.

Then I get pissed when people post about walmart employees finding a crap ton of what they are looking for haha.

#3935 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

walmart employees are lazy. dont get paid enough to give a crap. target employees are about the same too but they slightly better

#3936 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2609 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Walmart  stores, in general, look like a disaster.  Do you guys think the back stock room is any better? 

#3937 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

walmart employees are lazy. dont get paid enough to give a crap. target employees are about the same too but they slightly better

Hate this argument. Most Walmart employees get $10/hour starting which is more than most of the countries wage rate. Target minimum wage is $11 but it just raised to $11 last year for them. It's the mentality of the company, not the pay which is more than generous for Walmart employees.

Walmart  stores, in general, look like a disaster.  Do you guys think the back stock room is any better?

Seeing as customers who rummage thru items aren't allowed back there, items are usually left on pallets that don't get moved until they reach the sales floor and different staff members who are tasked with keeping it organized and nothing else... I'd say yes, it is better organized in all Walmart backrooms compared to the sales floor.

#3938 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

back to $150 for ps4 

will wait for sale 

#3939 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

After calling around I found some of the hp desktops in stock at a store for $499.

When I picked them up the electronics manager rang me out. She tried to get me to buy all 3 instead of just 2. She used the argument that I could just return/rebuy then at a different store for the discounted price.

Not all Walmart are full of unintelligent, unhelpful rude employees. Some of them know what's up and are still helpful to customers.

#3940 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

They look like this:

20180114_220924.jpg

Thanks! My store had a bunch but they were hung vertically in one of those plastic strips on two different isles, there didn't really seem to be an isle dedicated to computer storage like my other walmart (which didn't have any of these drives). I got 3.

#3941 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

Wait those are 2.0?

Not even worth $3 x.x

#3942 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

back to $150 for ps4 

will wait for sale

What PS4 is $150?

#3943 jojeda654  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

After calling around I found some of the hp desktops in stock at a store for $499.

When I picked them up the electronics manager rang me out. She tried to get me to buy all 3 instead of just 2. She used the argument that I could just return/rebuy then at a different store for the discounted price.

Not all Walmart are full of unintelligent, unhelpful rude employees. Some of them know what's up and are still helpful to customers.

Yeah, no. She was helping herself, not you. She could've sold them to you at the clearance price then and there.

This way, her store is getting the sale for the full amount, and the other store is getting hit with the loss from the price difference. Meanwhile, you have to lug then around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#3944 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Says my closest had the headphones for $38 but all gone. I know there's some gamers who work in electronics there now though so I may have a hard time with stuff going forward. One is an ***hat who told me "sorry the inventory said the SNES's were in stock, I know they're not I just bought the last two".

The bar none best solution to this at Walmart is to give corporate a call, tell them an associate at that store held merchandise back for themselves. Management will get an email that day and it will be dealt with. Corporate does not mess around with that, same if an associate is holding merchandise for themselves or even another customer.

#3945 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Fair point. Still worth it since I needed a PC and don't mind reselling the second to pay for them both.

#3946 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

You still come out ahead, but that manager is cutthroat lmao.

#3947 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6761 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Today was probably my best haul. I got there as they started marking things down, so I picked out everything I wanted and they knocked it half off. Sooo many good 3DS games for $10 and a lot of 2-4 dollar games that flip for $10+ at GS.

#3948 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hate this argument. Most Walmart employees get $10/hour starting which is more than most of the countries wage rate. Target minimum wage is $11 but it just raised to $11 last year for them. It's the mentality of the company, not the pay which is more than generous for Walmart employees.

One of the dumbest, elitest things I've ever read here. Any working person shouldn't have to get some sort of public assistance in order to get by. Yet plenty of retail workers do. And before someone jumps in with "well then get a better job lol retail" be prepared to back your claim up with the amount of jobs that pay a livable wage that are hiring. 

No one is working fast food/retail because that's what they want to do with their lives. I've plenty of degree holding friends that can't find work. 

#3949 Radaneo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

I was able to find a slim 1TB PS4 at a Walmart in Thibodaux, LA for $200. It includes a physical copy of Battlefront 2, which is going for around $30-$40 on eBay.

#3950 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

One of the dumbest, elitest things I've ever read here. Any working person shouldn't have to get some sort of public assistance in order to get by. Yet plenty of retail workers do. And before someone jumps in with "well then get a better job lol retail" be prepared to back your claim up with the amount of jobs that pay a livable wage that are hiring. 
No one is working fast food/retail because that's what they want to do with their lives. I've plenty of degree holding friends that can't find work.

You read what you wanted to read. I never said they should be on assistance, I think most of those employees are paid too much considering they don't do their jobs half the time and can barely use a register despite working there for some time. Anyone who can do their job to the minimal of the job requirements should be paid a living wage based on where they live.

#3951 CustomSpin  

CustomSpin

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

If you change payment methods on a return and rebuy, will the computer auto adjust the price down to what is listed on brickseek?
I’m trying to understand if it’s the computer that makes a return and rebuy a challenge, or if there’s something the employee would need to do to make it show up at the lower clearance price (similar to the way a Target clearance item used to have to be rescanned and tagged before it would come up at the lower clearance price).

Its really just a matter of getting the employee to agree to do the return and rebuy. Sounds like some people have bad luck getting shot down by the employees. Whatever the price is on brickseek is usually accurate with walmarts system which will auto adjust. I just did a return rebuy on the 40in samsung

#3952 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

Almost without fail, the video games/electronics section at WM's I go to has no employees in sight. I have to walk halfway around the store to find someone to ask and they usually say, "just ask someone in electronics" and I have to tell them, there's NO ONE in electronics. They act like I'm asking for their life savings when I ask for assistance finding something.

#3953 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:22 AM

Was finally able to pick up a 128gb micro sd card for $25

It has to be the one in the white packaging. The other are $50.

You can scan it with the walmart app to make sure it's $25.

Here's the brickseek

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=44875081

JVmfOw6b.jpg

#3954 Luigi007  

Luigi007

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Managed 2 snag Fallout 4 (which includes part 3) for a low low price of $2.00.

#3955 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14970 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Was finally able to pick up a 128gb micro sd card for $25

It has to be the one in the white packaging. The other are $50.

You can scan it with the walmart app to make sure it's $25.

Here's the brickseek

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=44875081

JVmfOw6b.jpg

Was down to $15 at a store near me, but they're all sold out. Thanks for the heads up though.

Also, I vouched for Walmart YMMV deals in another thread at the same time as the Great Yankee Candle Clearance and now it's a running joke that these deals suck. We need more non-soccer mom deals to redeem this thread.

#3956 0102030405  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

-

#3957 krivas95  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

saw plenty of $80 gaming headsets on clearance for $20, turtle beach and tritton.

Spoiler

Uh do you know the SKU numbers? thats a really nice deal

#3958 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

Holy **** there were some great deals at the one im Grandville MI.

Fire Emblem Echoes for $25
Fallout 4 GOTY PS4 for $20 (grabbed the last one)
Nioh for $20
Final fantasy 12 for $20
Doom PS4 for $10
Last Guardian $20
Everybody’s Golf PS4 for $10
White Orange New 2ds for $120
Gears Ultimate for $10
Bio shock collection Xbox 1 for $10
Diablo 3 Ultimate Xbox 1 for $15

#3959 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

PX24 headset: http://brickseek.com...er?sku=47069369

It's OOS everywhere, but one store local to me is reporting it at $10 instead of $20

#3960 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

I check brickseek week after week hoping for a PS4 Diablo 3 clearance in my area.  I will have my white whale yet.