* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#4501 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7063 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

People are reporting 42 count Tide Pods down to $1 at some stores.  Def a good deal if anyone needs a snack while hunting 3c games 

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=603288785

#4502 krivas95  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Saw my Wal-Mart got the Samsung tv in stock. Picked one up for $79  20180131_215313.jpg

Wait.. are those Nintendo DS!? Where'd you get them?

#4503 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Pen+Gear 70 count notebooks are 2 cents each. All color varieties. But walmart.com seems to have caught on because they're not available anymore. https://brickseek.co...r?sku=120869409

#4504 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Pen+Gear 70 count notebooks are 2 cents each. All color varieties. But walmart.com seems to have caught on because they're not available anymore. https://brickseek.co...r?sku=120869409

Hmm...52 in stock at my local store

#4505 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14166 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

I found one of the $79 LG 49” tonight! I assume return, since it has that orange sticker? Will unbox tonight and hope for the best.

I opened the box tonight.  While I haven't pulled the TV out yet to check it out (will tonight), it definitely doesn't look like this was used.  I don't think the Styrofoam and baggies would be this mint on a return.  Looking good!

#4506 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Finally decided to give it a try. Picked up Steel Diver...and $26 additional groceries. Almost all games listed were there,behind the glass. She didn’t want to mess with my full cart and sent me to the front.

#4507 duderanch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

duderanch

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

A buddy and I drove out to a bunch of Walmarts in the area. We only got denied at one store (Was trying to buy two copies of Epic Yarn, but the manager only let me buy one). At another store, an employee tried to stop me from buying the games (after I had already paid for them). But a manager came over and didn't seem to care.

Anyway, here's what we picked up for 3 cents:

PokePark 2 (Wii)

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)

Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)

Metroid Other M (Wii)

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)

FIFA 13 (Wii U)

Giana Sisters (Wii U - this was $7)

Personal Trainer (DS)

Professor Layton & the Last Specter (DS)

Professor Layton & the Unwound Future (DS)

Legend of Kora (3DS)

Steel Diver (3DS)

Spirit Camera (3DS)

Bound by Flame (PS4)

FIFA Soccer (Vita)

Wolf Among Us (Xbox 360)

Wolf Among Us (XB1)

#4508 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

Hit 3 stores in the Western Ny area and completely struck out! One even claimed 28 notebooks and not 1 to be found! Did find Batman VR for PS4 $3 but don't have the VR so left it.

#4509 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4424 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Sorry i know I’m overlooking it but does anyone have the SKU for the 40 inch Samsung ?

#4510 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Hit 3 stores in the Western Ny area and completely struck out! One even claimed 28 notebooks and not 1 to be found! Did find Batman VR for PS4 $3 but don't have the VR so left it.

I feel better now about not being able to make the rounds now. WNY stuff gets scooped up fast or the inventory is grossly off

#4511 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Sorry i know I’m overlooking it but does anyone have the SKU for the 40 inch Samsung ?

SKU 860521932. Good luck finding them as they are not with the other TVs but at the bluRay section. That's where I found mine.

#4512 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

That's not M rated so why was the employee involved with the scanning at self checkout?  If it was to remove the plastic shell try to give the games to them before you checkout.  I was only stopped at self checkout when the employee had to override the M rated game sale and saw the price at that time.

The employee was there at Self-checkout already when I got there. Not sure why.

#4513 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Wow this thread exploded since this morning.

I was politely denied, and only because the cashier was busy so it was a higher up unlocking the case. He really wanted to sell it to me but was afraid, and said the games are marked to be sent back to the warehouse.

#4514 BlackRob183   I'm a CAG Veteran ya'll know who I'm better than CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

BlackRob183

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

Did any of you have to dig in big round bins to find these games? The store I went to, which I've only been to a few times in my life just had a big round bin for games under $20. Half the games were ok condition and then the other half were beat up plastic and some with no plastic seal with security tape seal still on the side. Then some even had no seal or tape seal, weirdest thing I've ever seen, how can they sell opened games?
Anyway I'm surprised I didn't find the games that were supposed to be there. Also I brought along a phone that I just got the Walmart app for on the way there and finally set it up while in store only to find out the scanning isn't available in that store or any near me for that matter. How is price scanning not available in certain stores, that makes no sense to me.

#4515 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11052 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Did any of you have to dig in big round bins to find these games? The store I went to, which I've only been to a few times in my life just had a big round bin for games under $20. Half the games were ok condition and then the other half were beat up plastic and some with no plastic seal with security tape seal still on the side. Then some even had no seal or tape seal, weirdest thing I've ever seen, how can they sell opened games?
Anyway I'm surprised I didn't find the games that were supposed to be there. Also I brought along a phone that I just got the Walmart app for on the way there and finally set it up while in store only to find out the scanning isn't available in that store or any near me for that matter. How is price scanning not available in certain stores, that makes no sense to me.

I had to deal with that a few days ago.  I was incredibly tempted just to put half of them on the floor so I could arrange all of them in the bin to be able to find what I'm looking for.

#4516 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

WM close to me had a bunch of $5 X1 games today (I think Sunset Overdrive was one of them), but I didn't look intensely cause I am a Sony man. There were a couple of $10 PS4 games, like Mirror's Edge Catalyst. 

#4517 Madzane  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

These guys have the right idea:5F333A3D-41BE-49DB-9C4B-F0FBA72695B2.jpeg

#4518 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4226 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

These guys have the right idea:attachicon.gif5F333A3D-41BE-49DB-9C4B-F0FBA72695B2.jpeg

Most stores will deny the purchase but this store advertises it. LOL

#4519 Madzane  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Whip out that snapshot when someone gives you lip.

#4520 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

That's a pretty good idea actually lol

#4521 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Found a Wario Ware DIY (had two got one) but that's it...may check another one tomorrow but honestly not sure if there's anything else I'd even want.  Took mine up to self-checkout and bought with a slightly discounted Tide Pod container.  The game was still in a locked security case so had to give that to the lady up front.  I scanned it, handed her the game, then paid for it before she could object even if she wanted to haha.

#4522 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

Absolutely gonna try that if I get any weird looks or question from a higher-up...nice idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4523 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

How do you order something for pick up on Wal-Mart and get it for the discounted price?

#4524 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

I feel better now about not being able to make the rounds now. WNY stuff gets scooped up fast or the inventory is grossly off

No kidding! I think it's a mix of both. Either way, I did go back for the Batman VR to flip and managed to find a copy of Little Nightmares on X1 for $10 at another location I didn't hit this morning. Still no luck on notebooks or $.03 games.

#4525 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Keep seeing all these people getting Wii and 360 games shees, my two closest WM's done even sell either anymore unless you get super lucky and find one shoved in back of the budget sections or something. The one about 25min out near my kid's school used to be my go-to but then the renovated the store and while it's much nicer now it sucks for gaming stuff because they gutted it a few times last year.

#4526 Tony Da Tiger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Tony Da Tiger

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

Korra still rang up $29.99 at my local store. I was able to snag a Professor Layton Unwound Future though.

#4527 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

Saw several PS4 games marked down today but passed on all of them.

Syberia 3 - $5

Final Fantasy XIV CE - $30

The Witcher CE - $25

Doom VR - $15

Werewolves Within(not marked, but I scanned with the WM app) - $10

Starblood Arena - $10

WWE 18 Gold Ed. - $45

There were a few others that I can't remember. I originally went in to pick up an online order and after doing so they gave me a 10% off coupon for my next online order. Figured I would check out the electronics section to see if I could find the 40" tv that was supposedly in stock at that store, but no luck finding it. I am not really in the market for another tv, but for that price it would be hard to pass up. 

I saw a couple of ds games that's been listed on here but whenever I did a search for the price in the app it came back "unavailable".

#4528 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

These guys have the right idea: 5F333A3D-41BE-49DB-9C4B-F0FBA72695B2.jpeg

Chill af department

Edit: I bet there is a Cag or two who would say "um, my buy point is $.02"

#4529 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13104 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Scanning wasn't working for me today at my local Walmart, but it was working earlier this week.

#4530 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

Saw several PS4 games marked down today but passed on all of them.

Syberia 3 - $5

Final Fantasy XIV CE - $30

The Witcher CE - $25

Doom VR - $15

Werewolves Within(not marked, but I scanned with the WM app) - $10

Starblood Arena - $10

WWE 18 Gold Ed. - $45

There were a few others that I can't remember. I originally went in to pick up an online order and after doing so they gave me a 10% off coupon for my next online order. Figured I would check out the electronics section to see if I could find the 40" tv that was supposedly in stock at that store, but no luck finding it. I am not really in the market for another tv, but for that price it would be hard to pass up. 

I saw a couple of ds games that's been listed on here but whenever I did a search for the price in the app it came back "unavailable".

That Witcher 3 CE would be a pretty good price at 25. Best Buy stopped selling them on their site, and the value holds around 35-40 new, atleast on Amazon.

Does it show as 25 on Brickseek for you? I have a store near me with 2 in stock but listed at 30