* * * - - 11 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#4891 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:18 AM

Got a UPC for those? Store near me as lots of them.

#4892 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:21 AM

My Walmart found everything that was ringing up for three cents and set the price to thirty bucks.

I've also had this happen. Was trying to buy Kirbys Epic Yarn and the cashier called a manager over who said the price was wrong, that it should be $30 and proceeded to ask me if I still wanted it

#4893 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

So if anyone is lucky enough to find them DQ VI & DQMJ2 for the DS are both at .03 I kept quiet on it until I could get to the store that supposedly had them in stock just to come up empty. I did however score the Samsung 32" curved monitor for $49 & PS3 UFC 3 for $15 so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. I had to have them check the back room for the monitor.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#4894 Keyboard Cowboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Keyboard Cowboy

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:01 AM

Managed to pick up Korra 3DS for $0.03 along with a number of Star Wars Black Series 6" figures for $5.00. The cashier was too busy chatting with his coworker about how he hadn't finished the show to notice the price.

Went to another Wal-Mart and found most of the clearance games were priced at $22.00, which is what I picked up Cave Story+ and Sine Mora on the Switch for.

#4895 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3252 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

I’ve never seen a company do more to lose willing, paying customers than WM.

I don't think there is a company out there that cares less about their image than Walmart.

0bmqfY1.png

#4896 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4339 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:27 AM

Because losing a customer giving them $.03 will hurt their bottom line so badly./s

In fact, selling a $.03 game will probably trigger a loss since they might have to pay other associated costs or lose a total loss write off for that remaining inventory.

Now that I've chased off the casual SD crowd, there is a store in central Ohio that has multiple copies of Kirby Epic Yarn... and only Kirby left as far as I can tell. Originally they had Metroid also, but only two of those and so I got myself a pair of each game and now would be happy to pass along the store location to seasoned CAG who send me a PM. Again, I've scoured the place and they only seem to have Kirby left, but for $.03 you can get a copy or two (since as of yesterday they're still selling them at that price, but I recommend asking for it to be put into a case for self checkout since it's behind the glass, and buy other stuff that gets your total at least over $10 because I was questioned once when the total was low and ignored when I bought more other stuff).

#4897 ootayonoo  

ootayonoo

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Northwest Ohio here; But I’ve had decent luck so far with the 3 cent games, 2 3ds, 5 psp games and 2 wii games. Is there a list of everything that it could possibly be? Just random among the psp games on a clearance section, my local Walmart still has a ps2 game for sale! They want $20 for it!

#4898 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Northwest Ohio here; But I’ve had decent luck so far with the 3 cent games, 2 3ds, 5 psp games and 2 wii games. Is there a list of everything that it could possibly be? Just random among the psp games on a clearance section, my local Walmart still has a ps2 game for sale! They want $20 for it!

I have a Word document saved that has a list of some (most?) of the $0.03 games that were listed earlier in this thread, but I'm pretty sure it's an incomplete list as I only went through looking for the titles once and it's at least 1.5-2 weeks old. I can upload it to my Google Docs folder and post the link if it's wanted: it's literally just a table of the game titles, the system they're for, SKUs and the WM number it's supposedly in stock according to Brickseek (all local in my area, obviously). I don't know if it's even worth it to use, though, as it looks like WM's system is not even recognizing confirmed 3¢ games like :3ds: Korra anymore (at least, not at the last WM I visited). I tried to scan Korra's barcode with the WM app scanner on my phone and it kept coming up with a message of "Hmmm, we couldn't recognize that...try again?" I even typed in the UPC manually, no luck.

#4899 killercane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

killercane

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

The ones that do remote lookup are stores where the item went out of the system. The shelf tag for Korra never rang up anywhere for me.

#4900 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

Korra is one I saw in a few places and it always said “unavailable in this store” when I scanned it with the app barcode scanner. One store has about 10 copies behind the glass and Brickseek says it has zero so it’s probably not in the system at that store either.

#4901 GreenT  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Western Ohio... hit a store where I had previously seen some Vita games. It had been picked over since my last visit but still had FIFA and MLB13 for $.03 each. Touch and go for a second at checkout but got Sale was completed by the manager.

Saw a couple other Vita games that were still at normal Clearance prices so I might have to keep an eye on them in the near future.

#4902 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Again found the last Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for $24 tonight.

Not video game related but picked up two heated blankets for my girlfriend and I. Sunbeam Electric Heated Fleece Throws, 50x60 for $9 each. Seems to be the going discounted rate in my area. Had some other electric blanekts and what not for $15

Northeast PA.

#4903 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

Not games, but my closest store started clearancing out a ton of various holiday Yankee Candle scents for $4-$5 a pop (medium/large), good discount if you need candles

#4904 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Not games, but my closest store started clearancing out a ton of various holiday Yankee Candle scents for $4-$5 a pop (medium/large), good discount if you need candles

My walmart did the same, but you can tell why just from the dust and the melted look on them that they had been sitting in the backroom for years.

wat?

#4905 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

My walmart did the same, but you can tell why just from the dust and the melted look on them that they had been sitting in the backroom for years.

yeah idk, they all smell pretty great, and yankee candles last a good while, picked up 5 of them but might go get more on pay day if still lingering around. I'm sure some soccer mom is gonna go buy 50 candles and brag about it on facebook by then tho

#4906 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Wal-Mart makes so much money they could easily afford to pay a starting wage of $10 an hour and still bully companies into lower prices.

But anyway! Once saw a copy of the PS2 GTA games for $30 and that was like a year ago so wtf?!

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#4907 JasonGW   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

I don't think there is a company out there that cares less about their image than Walmart.

Haven't been to a KMart, I see :p

#4908 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

Again found the last Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for $24 tonight.

Not video game related but picked up two heated blankets for my girlfriend and I. Sunbeam Electric Heated Fleece Throws, 50x60 for $9 each. Seems to be the going discounted rate in my area. Had some other electric blanekts and what not for $15

Northeast PA.

Have a SKU/UPC on the blankets?

#4909 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:03 AM

Have a SKU/UPC on the blankets?

This is the brickseek I believe

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=53983699

These are the $9 ones around me. You will see other heated blankets, fleeces and mattress pads around the same area but they range in price

#4910 wentzelitis   CAG in Training CAG in Training   19 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

wentzelitis

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those..  still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ? 

#4911 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:19 AM

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those.. still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ?

They could be lying but lazy is more likely. Just because they tell you they don't have them doesn't mean they go back and correct the inventory afterword.

#4912 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those..  still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ?

If it shows stock on the app you should be able to do a "pickup today" order. If there are any actually in stock someplace else/the warehouse, Walmart should send one to that store to fulfill your order.

This is how I got one of the 40" TV.

#4913 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Lords of Shadow 2 for the ps3 is also 3 cents. The list only has the xbox 360 version: https://brickseek.co...er?sku=23869007

wat?

#4914 Screw Attack   Cheaper than your homeless uncle CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Screw Attack

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:37 AM

Wii U:

Paper Mario Color $10

Windwaker HD $10

but, I have the mother Fuck  'ng Wallmart story to end all Wallmart stories.

My trade list  http://www.cheapassg...u-psp-gamecube/

I've got controllers and guides of plenty. I've got carts and games galore. Want a Pokemon? I've got 20. No big deal I want more. I wanna be where the Earthbounds are.....

#4915 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5476 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

Wii U:

Paper Mario Color $10

Windwaker HD $10

but, I have the mother Fuck  'ng Wallmart story to end all Wallmart stories.

Whats the story??? Im sitting patiently waiting on Adventures from Walmart

#4916 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Whats the story??? Im sitting patiently waiting on Adventures from Walmart

^^^ The stories are half the reason I come to this thread lol

#4917 wentzelitis   CAG in Training CAG in Training   19 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

wentzelitis

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

They could be lying but lazy is more likely. Just because they tell you they don't have them doesn't mean they go back and correct the inventory afterword.

they must have saw this thread cuz after over a month the stock finally shows 0 

#4918 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

Picked up a variety of different clothing items and kitchen items that were on sale. Wound up only buying a thing of Every Man Jack beard oil that I'm a fan of, half off at $5. Not bad for beard oil.

Not a damn thing to be found in elextronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4919 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

they must have saw this thread cuz after over a month the stock finally shows 0

Tax time is coming. They have to audit inventory. A lot of retailers hire 3rd parties to do it. It's one time when you see those DNI (do not inventory) signs all over. This may help rectify brickseek and app numbers for a while. No doubt they'll get FUBAR'D as time goes on.

#4920 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5476 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

Anyone else's Walmart seeing a major toy clearance? The one near me is, but I'm wondering if this is store wide since inventories tend to be different at different stores.