* * * - - 11 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#5011 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Never ceases to amaze me the lack of cost consciousness in people. Everybody here is looking for the best value and we actively hunt out deals. So many people out there just don’t care. It’s why you can load up on games on Black Friday and turn a profit the next week.

#5012 Acash  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

This post got overshadowed yesterday so it should be brought up again. It’s now $17, down from the $20 of yesterday. I was lucky enough to get a $10 discount by choosing store pickup but definitely YMMV.

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance.  Below is what i found. 

PS 4

Dragon Quest Builders for PlayStation 4 $5

World of Final Fantasy $5

Gravity Rush 2 $9

Dying Light: The Following Extended $5

Xbox one

Tales from The Borderlands $5

Yooka-Laylee $5

Bulletstorm $5

3DS

$9

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest SKU: 48173943

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright SKU: 48173944

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia SKU: 55488690

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirts SKU: 54300748

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Soul SKU: 54300754

$5

Kirby Triple Deluxe SKU: 55465516

Wii U

$9

Yoshi's Woolly World + Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo SKU: 54315543

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + Toad Amiibo SKU: 54315535

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Amiibo SKU: 48173942

#5013 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:45 PM

Saw Sine Mora Ex for Switch $15. In PR.
Worth it?

#5014 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

You sure he flips or is he an extreme couponer. If you go on couponer groups on FB, all their homes look like that. Usually very organized too.

He flips some stuff on Facebook marketplace, and in the summer, he goes from flea market to flea market selling stuff. And he's usually good for 3-5 "garage sales" in the summer

#5015 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Per the picture of the stack of monitors... I just want to know who BUYS all that crap (from the flippers, I mean). Is it just people who are too lazy or just simply don't care enough to do simple research to see this was an item that was just recently clearanced out? There's a reason this stuff was clearanced out to begin with, it didn't sell...so it was either crappy equipment or it was something that didn't appeal to most people (like a huge 32" monitor haha).

I always get lowballed whenever I try to flip stuff like that on Craigslist. I haven't looked into resale value for that particular monitor, but at $99 I'm thinking there's not much to be made if any. Shipping would kill any profit and again selling local would probably result in getting lowballed. Hopefully that guy gets stuck with them lol.

#5016 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:06 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance. Below is what i found.

Those are some good prices, I went searching tonight and the only overlap with your list was Dying Light. Here’s some of what I found, I took a picture of the actual shelves on my phone but it’s dead right now lol. I’ll post them in a little bit.

A6540860-818C-467B-9D30-E12B0BF8E7D7.jpeg
Bioshock $10
Dues Ex $6
Mega Man $10
Inside/Limbo $10
Halo Wars 2 $20
Family Fun Pack $10
Metal Gear Solid V $10
Infamous $10
Nier: Automata $25

#5017 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9572 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:14 AM

I was in a store and in the electronics clearance was a portable projector called the Anker Neblua Mars Lite. It’s $250 marked down from $350. I did a brickseek search to see if it were any cheaper at other stores. It took the mixing of different keywords, but I finally got a sku. (why didnt you find the sku when you were in the store? Because I’m dumb). It came back with zero results despite 6 of them sitting a quarter mile from me. The same item is on amazon for the same price, which I’d never pay, but maybe $125ish.

On the Brickseek website, you can also use the UPC code on the package to do a search.

#5018 krivas95  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

Where is usually the clearance viodegames? In a corner like Target does? Or just in a really random spot? Or are they mixed with the regular games?

#5019 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

So I signed up for brickseek premium and it doesn't seem intuitive at all. I figured you would be able to filter all clearance items by store AND by department (i.e. electronics). Seems sorta like a waste of money if you can't do that...

#5020 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Where is usually the clearance viodegames? In a corner like Target does? Or just in a really random spot? Or are they mixed with the regular games?

It can be behind the glass, on the shelf with other value priced games, or in a bin. It's a crapshoot really.

#5021 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

So I signed up for brickseek premium and it doesn't seem intuitive at all. I figured you would be able to filter all clearance items by store AND by department (i.e. electronics). Seems sorta like a waste of money if you can't do that...

Wtf, well then what CAN you do? I was thinking about getting it but without a feature like that...hmm

#5022 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

Behind the glass with msrp games or anywhere that has the yellow clearance signs/balloons.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#5023 Ratmonkey  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Yes and yes and yes and on the endcaps and in the main aisles and stuck in the back (which no one will look for you) and in the clearance aisle and in the grocery aisle and stacked behind the baby food and being used level out the lawn mower display and...

#5024 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3471 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance.  Below is what i found. 

PS 4

Dragon Quest Builders for PlayStation 4 $5

World of Final Fantasy $5

Gravity Rush 2 $9

Dying Light: The Following Extended $5

Xbox one

Tales from The Borderlands $5

Yooka-Laylee $5

Bulletstorm $5

3DS

$9

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest SKU: 48173943

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright SKU: 48173944

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia SKU: 55488690

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirts SKU: 54300748

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Soul SKU: 54300754

$5

Kirby Triple Deluxe SKU: 55465516

Wii U

$9

Yoshi's Woolly World + Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo SKU: 54315543

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + Toad Amiibo SKU: 54315535

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Amiibo SKU: 48173942

Jealous of those of you who find prices like this. Checked some of these I am interested in on Brickseek and they are all still either $29.98 or $39.98. If they'd just clearance these games out more to $10 and under I would be happy to clear out some of that stock for these stores!

I did manage to price match the Fire Emblem Echoes for $17 at Best Buy yesterday though, so happy with that. 

Saw Sine Mora Ex for Switch $15. In PR.
Worth it?

That's a fantastic price and I would have bought a couple copies without hesitation if I saw it for $15. So yes, Sine Mora Ex is more than worth $15 and you should pick it up immediately before you can't.  Switch games for this price aren't going to last long regardless of the game or quality, luckily this one is really good though. 

#5025 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Below is the rest I found last night.

IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
If anyone sees something that interests them, PM me and I'll see if I can pick it up for you.

#5026 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1690 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Nice score Acash!

#5027 thenuke1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Picked up the sharp aquos 55 inch 4k with hdr for $300

no link bro sorry. i literally went to the store tried looking up info on the tv found very little... waited 3 days to pull the trigger. went back and it was still there so i bought it. LC-55P6000U is the model 

#5028 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Found two TPHD boxes at my local store for $10 each, pretty awesome deal. They said they had three but I only saw two and now brickseek says zero.

#5029 DarthPwner  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Below is the rest I found last night.

IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
If anyone sees something that interests them, PM me and I'll see if I can pick it up for you.

That Witcher is a good ass deal. I own it, but if I didn't, I'd be all over that!

#5030 thenuke1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

ive found the witcher for $5 along with Dylight (some special edition)

#5031 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:02 AM

Dying Light is so god dang good.

#5032 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:06 AM

Damn $5 Dying Light would be epic. All full price around me unfortunately :(

#5033 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

no link bro sorry. i literally went to the store tried looking up info on the tv found very little... waited 3 days to pull the trigger. went back and it was still there so i bought it. LC-55P6000U is the model

Is this the one?: https://brickseek.co.../?sku=772746963

#5034 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:06 AM

Wtf, well then what CAN you do? I was thinking about getting it but without a feature like that...hmm

I probably should have been a little more specific.

Under the "Deals" section on the BB website there is a page for "Top Sales and Clearance" items. From this page you can filter by retail store (Target, Walmart, Office Depot, and/or Lowes), "Browse by Category" (Electronics, Furniture, Housewares, etc.), "Sort By" (Newest, Trending Deals, Most Liked), and search using keywords. This shows ALL clearance items that meet that criteria... HOWEVER, my problem is there isn't a way to narrow it down even further to a specific Walmart store. I can see all the items in a particular department that are on clearance, but that means literally nothing since WM doesn't drop prices at all stores simultaneously. I still have to click on "Check Inventory" for each individual item I'm interested in and hope that my local store has it discounted. You can already do this from basic brickseek website, without purchasing Premium, but some deals are hidden to basic users. I figured with Premium, you could do an advanced search or something like that. Nope.

There is a section that shows "Local Price Drops", and you can see what Walmart, Target, etc. dropped THAT day, and that you can see on a store-by-store basis, but you have to check each store iteratively and it takes a lot of time.

There's another section for "Today's Price Drops", but again that is nation-wide. Pointless.

Can't even specify a "favorite" walmart store.

Cliffs:

- Brickseek premium isn't worth it

- Just use this thread/slickdeals to find deals.

#5035 Mano_CMG  

Mano_CMG

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:02 AM

I always feel envious in this thread, you guys always manage to find some decent scores. I like to periodically scour through all the brickseek listings for PS4 games and never find anything of import in my area. Unfortunately all the Walmarts around me just never seem to like to clearance out their games. On the flipside at least the Targets around me always seem to have a few of each of the games they're wiping out when they do their rounds of discounts. So, win some, lose some.

#5036 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:39 AM

Not much going on at the Walmart around the corner. Got a few things

- Flash Blender Bottle for $5. I'll gladly save $9 because there is a Flash logo on it.
- A room temperature water dispenser for $25. My wife and I drink a ton of water, so this will keep us from filling up the Brita so much. We have an ice maker on our refrigerator/freezer, so the room temperature part isn't a big deal
- Urban Armor Gear iPhone 6S/7/8 Plus case for $15. Hated my current case and love UAG cases. Decent deal at the right time

Not very exciting, but its better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5037 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

Not much going on at the Walmart around the corner. Got a few things

- Flash Blender Bottle for $5. I'll gladly save $9 because there is a Flash logo on it.
- A room temperature water dispenser for $25. My wife and I drink a ton of water, so this will keep us from filling up the Brita so much. We have an ice maker on our refrigerator/freezer, so the room temperature part isn't a big deal
- Urban Armor Gear iPhone 6S/7/8 Plus case for $15. Hated my current case and love UAG cases. Decent deal at the right time

Not very exciting, but its better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the water dispenser?

#5038 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

what's the water dispenser?

http://www.walmart.c...-Only/709020528

http://brickseek.com...r?sku=709020528

#5039 thenuke1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

Dying Light is so god dang good.

Damn $5 Dying Light would be epic. All full price around me unfortunately :(

I havent even cracked the seal on it lol

yeah man... unfortunately i think i got a faulty unit. It turns off by itself when browsing netflix, no clue why. Ps4 no problem, streaming on netflix no problems just browsing for some weird reason. Debating on returning it , Reporting the issue or picking up the 3 year protection for $24. its a freaking gorgeous TV for $300

i may search another store that brickseek says they have 2 to try and exchange it. recently brickseek has sucked but we'll see

#5040 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Only things I've seen that I sorta kinda wanted:

- Ninja Blender nj600wm: $20
- Nerf Rival Khaos foam dart gun: $5
- Weber Spirit E-210: $154

The grill is still a bit high, so hopefully it goes lower before getting cleaned out.

Also PSVR headset only is $149. Still too high, since it doesn't include anything.