* * * - - 10 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#5131 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3199 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

Who cares how many they bought? They posted the info and might help others find the same games at their store. This is why people rather not post here, get talked down to for actually sharing info while you high horse lurkers complain that you didn't get any at the random store you weren't at.

Umm maybe cuz it makes it so other people can't get said clearance items as well at that particular store, or any given store, if everybody shared the same mentality as you/him.

0bmqfY1.png

#5132 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

The world doesn't owe you cheap clearance games. It's not like they bought up all the copies of a new item at MSRP to scalp them above retail price.

#5133 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3199 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

The world doesn't owe you cheap clearance games. It's not like they bought up all the copies of a new item at MSRP to scalp them above retail price.

Oh please, this isn't about me being owed anything, but him/others blatantly hoarding. You're telling me it's okay to buy 5+ copies of a game? Then again I'm sure being a reseller has nothing to do with thatoneguywho (and probably you) defending nevermeltice :roll:

0bmqfY1.png

#5134 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5829 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

Umm maybe cuz it makes it so other people can't get said clearance items as well at that particular store, or any given store, if everybody shared the same mentality as you/him.

You buying any item can make someone else not get it. If you're so generous stop buying any items because someone might not have the chance to buy it. Don't know about you but if I have the money, I'm buying whatever I want in whatever quantity. I don't go about life on maybes and whatifs when it comes to buying things I want.

If everyone shared the same mentality as us we would have people posting deals, instead we have people like you that complain and contribute nothing.

#5135 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

Oh please, this isn't about me being owed anything, but him/others blatantly hoarding.

If you didn't feel like you were owed (or deserved) these clearance games, then you wouldn't care about people hoarding. Clearly you're mad that a hoarder might make you miss your chance at grabbing a cheap game.

You're telling me it's okay to buy 5+ copies of a game?

I don't really care one way or the other. Brick and mortar stores also buy up vast amounts of product in order to sell them for more than they paid. I'm not going to lose sleep over missing out on Bioshock for five bucks.

Then again I'm sure being a reseller has nothing to do with thatoneguywho (and probably you) defending nevermeltice :roll:

Oh, because I don't care what other people do with their time and money, I MUST be a reseller too!

I've literally only ever resold games on two occasions. Most recently with the 3 cent Walmart games. Flipped a moderate sized haul to a local game shop for 2 or 3 bucks each. I don't even buy cheap games to flip to GS and Best Buy like a lot of people do here. And I sure don't care that people do that either.

#5136 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

Also, everyone would be a hoarder at a certain price point when it comes down to it. Like, if you walked into a store that somehow was clearancing Xbox One X consoles down to $25, you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't snatch up every last one of them and flip them for a tidy profit. If you told me you'd leave the rest of them to give others a chance to grab them, I literally would not believe you.

People just get mad that someone ELSE is doing it, and then it's all, "Oh, real nice, thanks for leaving some for the rest of us!"

#5137 DubPHX  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

The cheapest I can find Puyo around me is for $20, looking for that $10-$15 range!

#5138 Ratmonkey  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

This. Looks like he got every single copy. Do people not have any shame when buying this sorta stuff?

Look, you want the deals, get to the store first. If someone else buys it out before you....you should have driven faster.

If stuff like this bothers you then you should be asking yourself what you should do to make sure it doesn't happen to you. Whining about what other people do just makes you a whiner.

#5139 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13709 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

None of us know the first thing about each other. Trying to assert your opinion about an act or behavior is futile, and assuming what someone you don't know does or would do is stupid. People either have ethics or they don't, the arguing is pointless.

The only thing you can do is look for deals to sate your material possession craving and hope no hoarder scum live near you.

#5140 buddha_mjs   Meat Popsicle CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

buddha_mjs

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

look up 'the tragedy of the commons' to understand why humans will never behave this way.

#5141 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

Went to a local store yesterday and of the games shown that were there, they all had $15-$20 tags on them. It's a step but not nearly as sweet as that deal.

#5142 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

You're more lucky you didn't get mugged on your way out. I wish you had. That's just fucking disgusting.

#5143 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   2927 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:42 AM

You're more lucky you didn't get mugged on your way out. I wish you had. That's just fucking disgusting.

Classy

#5144 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

I mean, y'all both have a point, and we all have to accept that hoarding/reselling is part of the deal hunting game, but I think it's a little disingenuous to act like a haul shot is to "share info" and thus exempt from criticism. If someone cared about sharing info, they'd just post some text, or at the very most, a photo with one copy each of what they got. When someone throws up a photo with 4-5 copies of the same game, we know what they're doing, lmao.

C'mon bruh

#5145 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Seriously over video games?? Grow up.

#5146 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Not exactly earth-shattering and it's probably been this low before, but picked up "Sunset Overdrive" for $5 today at the Walmart near me. Checked Brickseek and it's $9 at all other WM locations.

Oh and by the way, I have no idea why some WM's do this, but that location was keeping their small-sized clearance bins hidden way under a shelf and the employee in Electronics had to point it out to me. Isn't the point to SELL them, not to hide them? They were placed there by the staff, not someone stashing them. Just don't get it.

#5147 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

When you don't get the chance to hoard them yourself.

#5148 Jurai  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

man the people in these brickseek facebook groups are sure garbage people

#5149 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

I mean, y'all both have a point, and we all have to accept that hoarding/reselling is part of the deal hunting game, but I think it's a little disingenuous to act like a haul shot is to "share info" and thus exempt from criticism. If someone cared about sharing info, they'd just post some text, or at the very most, a photo with one copy each of what they got. When someone throws up a photo with 4-5 copies of the same game, we know what they're doing, lmao.

C'mon bruh

^^^ this

#5150 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

man the people in these brickseek facebook groups are sure garbage people

How so?

#5151 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3689 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Last year their were some killer deals on windshield deicer. Has anyone seen anything this year?

#5152 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

C'mon bruh

Good points. A dude posts a haul pic with dozens and dozens of titles, including many duplicates...it's going to invite some fiery reactions, for sure. He would have gotten a far better reception here had he just posted the pic and said these were the deals he happened to see at his location. He didn't need to brag that he took em all. But me personally, I don't begrudge him. If he wants to buy them all, there's no law against it. However, I don't think his intention was to "share info" but his pic was still valuable, as far as noticing titles to scope out for myself on BS.

So, basically, I can understand both sides of the reactions to his haul pic.

#5153 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

Last year their were some killer deals on windshield deicer. Has anyone seen anything this year?

Not at Walmart, but I have at Walgreens. I want to say was 75% off, but could vary from store to store and region.

#5154 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5429 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Some people get very butt hurt when they don't get the deals :(

banner53.gif

#5155 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:05 AM

Some people get very butt hurt when they don't get the deals :(

Enough snowflakes in this thread to build a snowman. 😉

#5156 HiThereSeanHere   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

HiThereSeanHere

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

So if I ship an item for store pick up to location with a cheaper price can I get it for that? Can I somehow show my local store the price for the item at a cheap location(brick seeks shows it for less?

Sorry if you all have answered this before it's been a long day at work. I just want a cheap copy of disgaea for switch

#5157 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9439 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:17 AM

So if I ship an item for store pick up to location with a cheaper price can I get it for that? Can I somehow show my local store the price for the item at a cheap location(brick seeks shows it for less?

Sorry if you all have answered this before it's been a long day at work. I just want a cheap copy of disgaea for switch

If the item is available for same-day pickup it should go down to the store's price when you pick it up. If it takes several days, then it is coming from the warehouse and probably will NOT go down to the store's price and they probably will NOT be able to adjust the price.

#5158 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5383 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:45 AM

I've seen ice melt on clearance at Target recently, but I suppose it would also depend on what was left over after snow season. We've had an especially bad year for snow here on the East Coast, so there might not be anything left to mark down if everything got sold at full price.

#5159 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2585 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Know what I'd do if I found a crazy cache like that?  I'd buy the games I actually wanted, any I knew my kids would play, and anything I'd know any close friends or family wanted.  And well, that's it.  If it was an EXTREMELY crazy deal like somebody mentioned if you say some consoles on sale for $25 or something...same deal.  Depending on my money situation, if I COULD afford to buy them all maybe I would.  However, I'd use those consoles to either sell to people for extremely cheap or even to give them away.  Yup, yes there are actually people like that in the world.  Know what I did when I ended up with two Wii's during launch?  I sold one for barely over cost.  Another time I ended up with two 360's at one point, I gave the second one to my brother in law.    

Maybe for me it's because I've been there, and while I've never been homeless, I have experienced poverty.  Eating ice cream and frozen waffles for dinner multiple times a week, dumpster diving for snacks/bread.  My parents foregoing a real dinner so my sister and I could eat.  Or, directly related to games, only really ever buying games when they're on clearance or some kind of fire sale.  I've been there and I know how much stuff like clearance games means to some people.  

Have I EVER flipped games or sold something for a profit?  Yup, so go ahead and judge.  But even then I was always pretty careful to not be too greedy, or it was in situation where most people would never know about it anyway.  I remember a few years back Madden did this promo with Direct TV and I ended up with an NFL season pass.  I sold it for a profit, but for the person I sold it to it was still MUCH cheaper than if he had bought that on his own.  Today, now that I'm a bit more secure, not sure if I'd do it for profit at all though...depends on the situation I guess.

I'm not claiming to be some saint, but I am saying I've been there on both sides and we could all use to think about people in those positions sometimes.  That kid who could have used his allowance to buy that clearance game, that parent who could have afforded to make their kid's birthday party extra special, that dude who's in between jobs or maybe can't work due to medical issues...  You hoard them or resell them, I'll leave it there in the hopes one of those people pick it up.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#5160 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Know what I'd do if I found a crazy cache like that? I'd buy the games I actually wanted, any I knew my kids would play, and anything I'd know any close friends or family wanted. And well, that's it. If it was an EXTREMELY crazy deal like somebody mentioned if you say some consoles on sale for $25 or something...same deal. Depending on my money situation, if I COULD afford to buy them all maybe I would. However, I'd use those consoles to either sell to people for extremely cheap or even to give them away. Yup, yes there are actually people like that in the world. Know what I did when I ended up with two Wii's during launch? I sold one for barely over cost. Another time I ended up with two 360's at one point, I gave the second one to my brother in law.

Maybe for me it's because I've been there, and while I've never been homeless, I have experienced poverty. Eating ice cream and frozen waffles for dinner multiple times a week, dumpster diving for snacks/bread. My parents foregoing a real dinner so my sister and I could eat. Or, directly related to games, only really ever buying games when they're on clearance or some kind of fire sale. I've been there and I know how much stuff like clearance games means to some people.

Have I EVER flipped games or sold something for a profit? Yup, so go ahead and judge. But even then I was always pretty careful to not be too greedy, or it was in situation where most people would never know about it anyway. I remember a few years back Madden did this promo with Direct TV and I ended up with an NFL season pass. I sold it for a profit, but for the person I sold it to it was still MUCH cheaper than if he had bought that on his own. Today, now that I'm a bit more secure, not sure if I'd do it for profit at all though...depends on the situation I guess.

I'm not claiming to be some saint, but I am saying I've been there on both sides and we could all use to think about people in those positions sometimes. That kid who could have used his allowance to buy that clearance game, that parent who could have afforded to make their kid's birthday party extra special, that dude who's in between jobs or maybe can't work due to medical issues... You hoard them or resell them, I'll leave it there in the hopes one of those people pick it up.

I both snatch up clearance for eBay and support a boy from Nicaragua through Compassion International. I both flip games from yard sales to GameStop and work with my church to complete tasks to help the community. These kinds of things aren’t mutually exclusive.

I also rarely buy ALL copies of things at Walmart clearance, but really we are all rationalizing if we buy even ONE copy for personal gain. How do we know if there are, for example, five copies of a game at bottom dollar that there aren’t five kids that would have bought one each with their saved up allowance?