* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7501 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:11 AM

THIS, not a reseller but definitly borderline HOARDER, so I try to post deals v/s buy on deals, since I have like 150+ PS3 games in the back catalog thanks to HONESTLY jus strolling into Target and checking out the clearance section.. NOW that my lil on is close to being potty trained I am no longer going to Target weekly for diaper runs and so that along with the previously mentioned 150+ back catalog has tempered my buying..

As far as Jurai goes, I am not sure what his deal is... 1st he SHOWBOATS thats he's a coder and has a personal Brickseek in the works, me starting to explore the world of CODING I latch on to the kid and ask him to expand on all that, more from a learning to code angle and kid dogs me HARDCORE.. Also I Didn't even know him except that I knew "someone" had DRAMA quit the Target thread, and then i found this thread and turns out that somebody is Jurai.. NOW he DRAMA quitting this thread on the same b.s.

Its like he blames US for stock being gone.. Like come on man, the peeps that could be snatching all this stuff up could be employee's or "professional" flippers that have NOTHING TO DO WITH CAG or anyone here..

Or it could just be as simple as Inventory being updated or corrected to reflect more accurately stock on hand..

I mean sure we have a couple of a$$ hats here that talk about buying 3+ of cheap items, I mean yeah it happens, but who knows, they might be buying for friends and family, ya never know..

its pretty RAME to make it a big deal and then to "ANNOUNCE" that your punishing us by no longer posting..

its like come on man.. its the nature of the beast, win some, lose some..

BOTTOM LINE IS..

Jurai no longer posting is more hurtful than helpful to the community... the ones that do this for the flip hustle will always find a way..

The regular dudes like me, that casually check CAG here and there and that would appreciate a good deal are now gonna miss out..

so thank you Jurai, thank you for basically helping the ones that anger you the most..

oNe

Wait, Jurai got run off? You guys...

#7502 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:15 AM

haha, well hopefully not

here's hoping he was jus messing with us? 

dude was cooL and at the very least kept this and the Target thread going... 

also it was a breath of fresh air that he ALSO threw in NON-video game stuff in as well. 

NOW somebody ansswer me about those BEYBLADES!

oNe

#7503 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3242 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

haha, well hopefully not
here's hoping he was jus messing with us? 
dude was cooL and at the very least kept this and the Target thread going... 

also it was a breath of fresh air that he ALSO threw in NON-video game stuff in as well. 

NOW somebody ansswer me about those BEYBLADES!

oNe

Please just stop

#7504 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

Please just stop

...In the name of love.

#7505 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3991 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:43 AM

...In the name of love.

before you break my heart

#7506 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

This seems to be his issue:

"Someone cleared a store out ahead of me, thanks fellow cag"

Sounds like he posted a deal before going to a store and did not get the deal, so assumed someone reading here bought up everything.

Maybe, maybe not. Win some, lose some.

#7507 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:59 AM

Now I wanna know what store it is, if you're gonna call out a CAGer at least name the location to hopefully shame them

#7508 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:59 AM

Went to one of my local Walmart stores, they had Pokemon Y, and Omega Red. But both rang up at $30. 

#7509 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire rang up as $39.99.

No other good deals in terms of clearance priced stuff.

Ah well I got a Fire TV Stick at Target for $12 so not a total wasted trip.

#7510 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:51 AM

Sounds like he posted a deal before going to a store and did not get the deal, so assumed someone reading here bought up everything.

Ah, I didn't see that part. Yeah, not really anybody to blame but oneself in that situation.

The only store with a decent amount of the $3 games appears to have been wiped out either last night or this morning, but I unexpectedly found two of these for $89 at another store today:

0178102b911235153aa28f97f738debf.jpg

Haven't seen this at any other Walmart before, and it's got a manufacturing date of January 2019, so I'm not sure what the story is. That said, I've been looking for a UHD player that has Dolby Vision support and a second, audio only HDMI output for receivers those of us with receivers too old to pass thru HDR, so I snagged it.

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=623255448

It's light on apps (just Netflix and YouTube), but if you want a UHD Blu-Ray player with more flexibility than the XB1S or X, it's well worth $89. I have my lossless audio for movies back!

#7511 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Grabbed a copy of Theathrythym Curtain Call Limited Edition and Fantasy Life for 3DS for $3.00.

Thanks guys.

#7512 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

Went out late Saturday night to get the one $3 game that my closest store had according to Brickseek. Of course, like always, it was nowhere to be found.

#7513 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7010 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

A store in Hueytown, AL decided to drop their 9 copies of Red Dead 2 to $5.  According to brickseek its the only one of 3,500 stores to drop it, so congrats if you're in the Hueytown area, lol.

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55048835

#7514 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

A store in Hueytown, AL decided to drop their 9 copies of Red Dead 2 to $5.  According to brickseek its the only one of 3,500 stores to drop it, so congrats if you're in the Hueytown area, lol.

These little quirks about Walmart clearances tickle me.  One store out of 3,500, who even made the decision to clearance it at exactly one store?  Aren't most pricing decisions done by corporate?  Target sometimes clearances only at a handful of stores but it's not nearly as bizarre as Walmart for some reason

#7515 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12442 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

Went out late Saturday night to get the one $3 game that my closest store had according to Brickseek. Of course, like always, it was nowhere to be found.

Similar story for me.  Stopped by a store a little ways away (not out of my way as I was driving tin that direction anyway) that supposedly had several $1.00 copies of SSB for Wii.  Not a single one to be found. Checked Brickseek later in the day and all are still supposedly there. This is just one of the reasons I don't go out of my way for Walmart clearance shit anymore.  Can't remember the last time I actually had a success story.

#7516 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

These little quirks about Walmart clearances tickle me.  One store out of 3,500, who even made the decision to clearance it at exactly one store?  Aren't most pricing decisions done by corporate?  Target sometimes clearances only at a handful of stores but it's not nearly as bizarre as Walmart for some reason

Not all clearances are done by corporate, some are at a store's discretion to offer a clearance price for certain inventory.

• mdm likes this

#7517 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

More stores dropped Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby to $3.00. Not sure about any others.

#7518 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

Ah, I didn't see that part. Yeah, not really anybody to blame but oneself in that situation.

The only store with a decent amount of the $3 games appears to have been wiped out either last night or this morning, but I unexpectedly found two of these for $89 at another store today:

0178102b911235153aa28f97f738debf.jpg

Haven't seen this at any other Walmart before, and it's got a manufacturing date of January 2019, so I'm not sure what the story is. That said, I've been looking for a UHD player that has Dolby Vision support and a second, audio only HDMI output for receivers those of us with receivers too old to pass thru HDR, so I snagged it.

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=623255448

It's light on apps (just Netflix and YouTube), but if you want a UHD Blu-Ray player with more flexibility than the XB1S or X, it's well worth $89. I have my lossless audio for movies back!

NICE FIND, but what more exactly type of flexibility does this offer over the xboneS

Also any tips or advice for running wires thru basement for the rear Right and Lefts? 

oNe

#7519 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8343 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

That's not a good 4K player.

It also doesn't do Dolby Vision on Sony TVs.   (It's not equipped with the low-latency DV profile that Sony uses)

I don't even know what the hell a "UBKM9" is; that's not even one of the standard LG models.  Must be some made-for-Walmart model.  You can't even find any information on it. 

It's only real purpose is to serve as an extra throwaway player for an LG OLED or TCL TV.  If you had an OLED you'd be buying a nicer player, and I'm not even sure if the DV works with the cheaper TCL.  It might be good to pair with a cheap bedroom TCL I suppose. 

#7520 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

A store in Hueytown, AL decided to drop their 9 copies of Red Dead 2 to $5. According to brickseek its the only one of 3,500 stores to drop it, so congrats if you're in the Hueytown area, lol.

Looks like it’s back at regular price. Maybe it was a quick accidental misprice and fix?

#7521 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Looks like it’s back at regular price. Maybe it was a quick accidental misprice and fix?

Shouldn't we be assuming it was a vast conspiracy by the employees to buy copies on the cheap and screw the customers?

#7522 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2096 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

It might not have even been a fellow cag member. I saw the pokemon deal on facebook before I posted it here.

#7523 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Shouldn't we be assuming it was a vast conspiracy by the employees to buy copies on the cheap and screw the customers?

Except there are still nine copies in stock.

#7524 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

Really though there could have been none there to even begin with considering how inaccurate stock listings are online for brickseek anyway.  I still remember the target 3ds game clearance and brickseek saying only smta was in stock out of the games for 5$ but I ended up finding every all but like 2 or 3 games there from the list people made.

#7525 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

Went to a few stores that said they had some of the games in stock for the $3 and struck out. went to another and it had pretty much all of the games, (even though bs said oos) but none came up at $3. in the end, after a few days, and hitting pretty much every wal mart in the area, my buddy and i were able to get one copy each of pokemon x, saphire, and mario. so still a pretty fun and lucrative deal. thanks to OP!

#7526 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Except there are still nine copies in stock.

Until someone goes to check, of course.

#7527 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

Really though there could have been none there to even begin with considering how inaccurate stock listings are online for brickseek anyway.  I still remember the target 3ds game clearance and brickseek saying only smta was in stock out of the games for 5$ but I ended up finding every all but like 2 or 3 games there from the list people made.

You mean how inaccurate the data in the retailer's system is.

#7528 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

It's only real purpose is to serve as an extra throwaway player for an LG OLED or TCL TV.  

Bingo - I've got a TCL 55" 6 series and a ~4 year old receiver that will pass thru 4K, but not HDR, so I've got my XB1X and PS4 Pro going straight to the TCL and feeding the audio back to the receiver via optical, which means the visual upgrade to 4K effectively caused and audio downgrade on my UHD and HD Blu-Rays from Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA lossless audio to lossy Dolby Digital.  

Thanks to the player having a secondary, audio-only HDMI output, it gives me lossless audio back until I upgrade my receiver, and gives me Dolby Vision playback on discs encoded with it, as the Xbox custom version of Dolby Vision does not work with the TCL 6 series (at least for now).  Once I upgrade to a new receiver and speaker setup for Dolby Atmos and DTS: X, I'll worry about a nicer player, but for now it was a pleasantly cheap solution to my audio situation.

#7529 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:47 AM

I had to ask nicely for a clerk to move around some games on the bottom shelf in the locked case but I got a $3 pokemon!

Brickseek seems mostly accurate for both stock and price from what I have personally seen.

#7530 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

Went to my local store today and found a bunch of games marked down. I'll list what I can remember.

Switch $10 each

WWE 2K18 

RBI 18 Baseball

NBA 2K18

PS4

The Last Guardian $7

Agents of Mayhem $7

Dynasty Warriors 9 $5

Steep $10

Monster Energy Supercross $10

Prey $10