* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7651 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9046 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

If you are monitoring what everyone around you is doing on their phones then it sounds like you are the lurker.

Have you ever had someone say "are you taking pictures of me??"  That's my favorite one. 

I even laugh when I see other people thinking it.   That's how narcissistic people are these days.  It's like the unfaithful husband whom accuses his wife of cheating. 

#7652 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Have you ever had someone say "are you taking pictures of me??"  That's my favorite one. 

I even laugh when I see other people thinking it.   That's how narcissistic people are these days.  It's like the unfaithful husband whom accuses his wife of cheating. 

It's a good question to ask a stranger if the stranger is pointing a camera in your face.  It happens more and more nowadays.  The irony is usually the person with the phone with the camera is taking selfies with it or livestreaming themselves ordering Chipotle or something inane when the person asks if the person is taking pictures of them because they happen to be on the arse end of the narcissism of the person with the phone.

All because people think having a phone with a camera on both sides is a necessary function of daily life.

#7653 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:08 PM

Have you ever had someone say "are you taking pictures of me??" That's my favorite one.

I even laugh when I see other people thinking it. That's how narcissistic people are these days. It's like the unfaithful husband whom accuses his wife of cheating.

Yeah but are you taking pictures of me and\or cheating on me?

#7654 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:07 PM

If you are monitoring what everyone around you is doing on their phones then it sounds like you are the lurker.

Ice cold take. That was my first time checking since the drops and one dude literally walked up next to me on his phone muttering to himself about clearance games.

#7655 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:01 AM

walmart near me actually has a few new ps2 games still lol

I actually got two sealed copies of fatal frame 2 for $5 each at my Walmart a few months ago

#7656 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

I wish that all PS2, Gamecube and Xbox gen games and older went to $1 clearance. Would be worth getting some things

#7657 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:51 AM

3 left in Parma after I left last night for sure. There were 7 or 8 there on Thursday, so obviously other people know that they stash one or two good electronics clearance items in the corner in between TV mounts lol

Allegedly a nearby store has 23 at 20 dollars somehow.  Haha.

#7658 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

Does an Xbox One S 1TB console for $207 pre-tax sound like a good price guys?

Antonline has an Xbox One S 1TB console for $219.99 w/ free shipping at walmart.com

https://www.walmart....903&athena=true

#7659 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

Nah, they've been that price a bunch and well under that. Check slickdeals often, will have a Xbone bundle with a game and an extra controller around that price every other week 

#7660 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:43 AM

This one comes bundled with minecraft and red dead redemption for 219

https://slickdeals.n...earchBarV2Algo1

#7661 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

Picked up Portal Knights and Sine Mora Ex for the Switch for $5 each this morning.

#7662 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

Just picked up Hyrule Warriors & Captain Toad (game only) for Wii U at $3. Also found 3DS Mario & Luigi Paper Jam for $19

#7663 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

Just picked up Hyrule Warriors & Captain Toad (game only) for Wii U at $3. Also found 3DS Mario & Luigi Paper Jam for $19

do you have a SKU for captain toad by chance? i tried looking it up but there are a ton of different versions.

#7664 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10004 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=39649161

It should be this one

#7665 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

Yeah that's it

#7666 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:57 AM

Found Wii New Super Mario Bros for $1! And somehow there are still Walmarts with 3DS Xenoblade Chronicles in stock. I bit for 40 since they're selling for double that online.

I'd be curious to know the percentage of stores in stock for that if one of you premium brickseekers care to share info.

#7667 Warruz  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:15 AM

Checked 4 Walmarts near me, managed to find Wolfenstein New Order for $3. At that same store, i scanned Pokemon Y and it rang up for $3 but I tried scanning other items and when I went to pull it back up, it rang up at full price. Next time I will remember to keep up the deal until I purchase it.

Other Walmarts had stock on these items but no price updated.

#7668 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

I was able to find Fantasy Life and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask too now.  It's funny how the Pokemon was cleared out of the stores that had them but some still had these titles sitting around for $3.  Oh well, score one for me, I've been waiting for Fantasy Life to go on clearance for years.  It probably didn't help those titles sell that they showed up as limited stock (maybe even out of stock?) on brickseek.

Never trust brickseek 100% y'all!

Searching Walmart for the games I want to complete my library is like a more rewarding version of Pokemon Go

#7669 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1759 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Brickseek being weird: search results now omitting stores that previously had $3 titles (but at msrp) in stock

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#7670 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4656 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

I was able to find Fantasy Life and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask too now.  It's funny how the Pokemon was cleared out of the stores that had them but some still had these titles sitting around for $3.  Oh well, score one for me, I've been waiting for Fantasy Life to go on clearance for years.  It probably didn't help those titles sell that they showed up as limited stock (maybe even out of stock?) on brickseek.

Never trust brickseek 100% y'all!

Searching Walmart for the games I want to complete my library is like a more rewarding version of Pokemon Go

I have the opposite story...

Visited a few walmarts over the weekend as I was traveling. Didn't find anything great until I thought I scored gold at the very last one. I found Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, and Fantasy Life. Originally went there because brickseek showed them as having Smash 3DS too. I was ecstatic! Especially since brickseek showed no stores even stocked these at all. Then I went to buy them and the shitshow began.

At first they refused to see them to me as they came up item not found. I politely explained they should be $3 as they were clearance games. People were called, managers came, and ultimately they wanted to make up a price based on the walmart website. In the end I left with nothing, and they refused to even help me find Smash 3DS as "if it isn't on the shelf we don't have it". (which I also proved SO many employees wrong with when they find games 'binned' in the back).

#7671 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

I'm going to make a post later with some tips for how to handle Walmart employees.

#7672 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4656 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

I'm going to make a post later with some tips for how to handle Walmart employees.

Another story from this past weekend...

I called a store last week to check stock of Pokemon Ruby since it was a good quantity (3+). They seemed rather rushed on the phone and told me they didn't have it. Later that same day I called back and someone else checked, said they didn't have it. Now keep in mind this store is over a two hour drive for me, though nearby where I was visiting this past weekend.

Over the weekend I visit this particular walmart and man was it a cluster bomb. Quantity still showed 3+ of Pokemon Omega so I hunt down an employee. The first two offer to help, went to find a scanner, then never came back. The third I tracked down at the counter asking for help with a game, said which, and out loud the employee says to a coworker "yo this that guy who called the other day, I already told him we don't got it". At this point I stood my ground and said someone needs to help me find it. 

In the end an employee did check the scanner and said they might know where it is. Sure as shit they came back with the game in hand, and the cherry on top was this was the employee who I talked to on the phone the few days prior. Left with a huge smirk on my face.

#7673 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9046 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

they ignore you.  they are generally unhelpful and incompetent. 

handle them however you'd like.

I always start off nice and friendly but then lose patience almost instantly. 

#7674 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14914 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

I already made that post, and some Walmart employee got pissed off and cursed me out. Not that I care, I mean it's a Walmart employee...

#7675 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

I have the opposite story...

Visited a few walmarts over the weekend as I was traveling. Didn't find anything great until I thought I scored gold at the very last one. I found Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, and Fantasy Life. Originally went there because brickseek showed them as having Smash 3DS too. I was ecstatic! Especially since brickseek showed no stores even stocked these at all. Then I went to buy them and the shitshow began.

At first they refused to see them to me as they came up item not found. I politely explained they should be $3 as they were clearance games. People were called, managers came, and ultimately they wanted to make up a price based on the walmart website. In the end I left with nothing, and they refused to even help me find Smash 3DS as "if it isn't on the shelf we don't have it". (which I also proved SO many employees wrong with when they find games 'binned' in the back).

Wow, you must just have an awful Walmart around you because every electronics employee I've talked to has been super helpful and they don't seem to mind if you don't buy it if it doesn't ring up at $3 or whatever it's supposed to be after bothering to get it out of the case.  One even offered to look in the back for a game for me without me asking!  

#7676 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4656 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

Wow, you must just have an awful Walmart around you because every electronics employee I've talked to has been super helpful and they don't seem to mind if you don't buy it if it doesn't ring up at $3 or whatever it's supposed to be after bothering to get it out of the case.  One even offered to look in the back for a game for me without me asking!  

Oh I've had my share of helpful employees. I'm going to be polite and just say this one was in an undesirable area.

#7677 Jongotu  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:25 AM

Hello I'm new to this CAG and would love to contribute here more often as I am a gamer/collector. I have extra copies of pokemon omega ruby, new super mario bros 2 if someone wants to trade I would be glad to.looking for fantasy life Thank you!08d8229d8d3d2613c8a89c6ff4c2a5a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#7678 Jongotu  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:39 AM

I also did find a copy of Tekken 7 for the ps4.
0bf8d3f45c0c9b50e821355667d8a34e.jpg

#7679 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Lol a lot of bad asses in here. If I cant find my $3 game I swear Im going to belittle a walmart employee. Lol!!! So tough yet you wait until you get home to type out what you 'should' have done.

The irony here is if they are 'just walmart employees' then you create the image that you are so much better. Yet, you feel the need to throw a temper tantrum about a $3 game. Why? Dont you have a good\better job? Paying a little extra shouldnt be an issue.

#7680 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7886 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:35 AM

I went back to my local Walmart tonight, and they had pulled the 100 or so games that were sitting in the clearance section last week from the sales floor.  I asked the associate at the electronics counter what happened, and she said that they sent them all back to corporate.  I assume this means that they will eventually be sold online or something, but that was perhaps the most asinine thing that I had ever seen...since last week when they overrode the prices on the $3 games to mark them back up to MSRP.