* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#8491 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:16 AM

Forgot to add this to my last post:

:ps4: Hori Mini Wired Gamepad $5

#8492 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1691 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

Dang it! That Centipede arcade game for $75 is tempting. No cash for it at the moment, though.

#8493 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

Dang it! That Centipede arcade game for $75 is tempting. No cash for it at the moment, though.

Yep, these have finally dropped to the price point that makes me interested. But probably the last thing I need is more big crap in my house.

#8494 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4919 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

Wow, the arcade systems are even at $75 in my area.  Went straight from full price to that price.  

I decided to go ahead and open the SNES classic wireless controller made by myarcade and it seems to be pretty good so far.  I'm not used to the usual SNES controller having never had one and I know the positioning of the start select buttons irk some people, but it hasn't bothered me.  Input responsiveness has been good so far and it was easy to set up.  My Walmarts also have a SNES classic controller extender cord on clearance, currently half off at $5.

#8495 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

Grabbed a Centipede Arcade1Up for the $75 price.
Im hopping they drop more of the 2018 Cabinets to that price soon.

#8496 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

I've been checking these every Monday...except yesterday.  Thanks for the post.  Grabbed Asteroids, but still looking for Centipede.

#8497 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7599 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:35 PM

Went to get a Centipede since Canton had 2...

Get down our road, they're both gone.

If someone here bought both, giving you the finger as hard as I can.

#8498 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

I can't believe my good fortune. I just managed to pick up two of the Centipede arcades at my local Walmart for 75 each!  Now to flip em' for double.

#8499 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2904 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

If it says Limited Stock on those laptops, 99% of the time it's referencing the display model. I actually bought a couple of display models of them a little over a year ago when stores still had the displays out. I'm not sure what they do with display models for laptops they've discontinued, though.

Just a late update, even my 1 local store had a big fat 1 with a green circle on their devices but then when they scrolled down and it was 0 with red circles. Guessing they had the display but wouldn't sell it. The limited stock is still showing (I checked last Friday). Oh well, my luck. 

Anyone else have luck actually finding the Huawei MateBook other then those who have claimed already?

#8500 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

I can't believe my good fortune. I just managed to pick up two of the Centipede arcades at my local Walmart for 75 each!  Now to flip em' for double.

LOL GL. might be able to get $100 each

#8501 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

Those are all budget sets.  None of them are going to excel at HDR.  Def don't spend money on the more expensive ones.  They are all cheap, so you can pick your favorite cheap one.   Individual reviews can be found here.

Best Buy has the TCL R615 55" on sale for $500. Get it.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6204548

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated. Again, though I consider myself a techie, this is one area of electronics that I just don't know as much as I think I should...really need to read up on HDR, true 4K resolution and all that jazz.

#8502 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated. Again, though I consider myself a techie, this is one area of electronics that I just don't know as much as I think I should...really need to read up on HDR, true 4K resolution and all that jazz.

TCL 6 series is where it's at. Reviews love it, and anecdotally, my buddy has one too; it's a great TV.

#8503 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

The TCL 6 series at least has Dolby Vision, which a step up from most, if not all budget TVs. It has the best bang for your buck imo.

https://www.rtings.c...eries-r617-2018

#8504 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4919 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:06 PM

The TCL 6 series is one of if not the best of the budget tvs.  I got one and have had no issues and love it.  I think the launch issues have mostly been fixed as you see much less about it nowadays and it sounded like getting a replacement was painless.  I'd say get it if you have a high enough budget.  If not the TCL on clearance at Walmart for $318(ish?) would be a fine choice.  It wouldn't have DV, but still a great tv.  TCLs are Roku TVs and buying a rokutv in essence saves you another $50ish since you won't need to buy a 4k roku.  If your budget is higher and you want a bigger tv, it might be worth looking into that Samsung if it is available locally.  Is that a curved model?  I know WM has a curved on clearance, too

#8505 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5779 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

60hz refresh rate though 😩

#8506 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

60hz refresh rate though 😩

Well, sure, you can spend the same amount of money on 27" monitor, if you want ...

#8507 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5779 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:35 PM

The TCL 6 series is one of if not the best of the budget tvs. I got one and have had no issues and love it. I think the launch issues have mostly been fixed as you see much less about it nowadays and it sounded like getting a replacement was painless. I'd say get it if you have a high enough budget. If not the TCL on clearance at Walmart for $318(ish?) would be a fine choice. It wouldn't have DV, but still a great tv. TCLs are Roku TVs and buying a rokutv in essence saves you another $50ish since you won't need to buy a 4k roku. If your budget is higher and you want a bigger tv, it might be worth looking into that Samsung if it is available locally. Is that a curved model? I know WM has a curved on clearance, too

which Samsung model are you referring to?

#8508 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm not really seeing the allure of these arcade cabinets. What am I missing?

#8509 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14453 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

I'm not really seeing the allure of these arcade cabinets. What am I missing?

Not really anything. The cabinets are cheap for being arcade machines, but they're also tiny. They have one set up at my Walmart, and it looks like it's made for a child.

You can't modify them using the built-in components, but there are a number of guides online on how to mount a Pi 3 or other SBC inside it and load it with thousands of MAME games. Most likely you're looking at $100 in extra parts to get it up and running. $175 + tax isn't bad for a mini arcade with all those games, if you're okay with how small it is.

#8510 Kagath   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:38 AM

which Samsung model are you referring to?

Probably the 7200 series. I picked up a 55" 7200 series for ~$350 a couple weeks ago. The 7300 is the curved ones.

#8511 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

As far as good TV's for gaming, the 2018 Vizio P Series is buggy as all hell but if you get a good one, the picture is phenomenal. Playing on a Base PS4 and the upscaling makes it look razor sharp to my eyes.  

#8512 M2squared  

M2squared

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

The Kano coding toys are dropping at some Walmarts. I was able to pick up the Make a Computer Kit for $35, the Pixel kit for $19 and the Motion Sensor kit for $7. I've also found a 360 Vivitar action camera for $17.

#8513 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:23 AM

Not really anything. The cabinets are cheap for being arcade machines, but they're also tiny. They have one set up at my Walmart, and it looks like it's made for a child.

You can't modify them using the built-in components, but there are a number of guides online on how to mount a Pi 3 or other SBC inside it and load it with thousands of MAME games. Most likely you're looking at $100 in extra parts to get it up and running. $175 + tax isn't bad for a mini arcade with all those games, if you're okay with how small it is.

They sell extender accessories that make them taller...maybe two feet? I think they cost around $40-$50.

#8514 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5779 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

Probably the 7200 series. I picked up a 55" 7200 series for ~$350 a couple weeks ago. The 7300 is the curved ones.

Thank you

#8515 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5779 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

As far as good TV's for gaming, the 2018 Vizio P Series is buggy as all hell but if you get a good one, the picture is phenomenal. Playing on a Base PS4 and the upscaling makes it look razor sharp to my eyes.  

the P55-F1?

#8516 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:41 AM

the P55-F1?

I have the 65" but yes...same model series.

#8517 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:50 AM

Centipede Arcade 1Up $75.00
Asteroids Arcade 1Up $75.00

Hershey's Gold King Size $.25

The candy was mentioned on this thread a week or two ago. Much to my surprise, all the bars at my local store have a promo in the package stating 'You Could Win Gold' but instead of gold, you are rewarded with a $.50 coupon off of two Hershey, Reese's or Kit Kat bars. Well I'm saving my wrappers and needless to say 2 coupons turned in 4 free Hershey's Gold King Size bars earlier tonight. I'm tempted to open all 4 and go pick up 8 more tomorrow to keep the candy train a rollin'....

Thank you! Was able to snag an Asteroids close by. Another store has the Centipede but still at $150. Patience.

Edit: Checked again after post and Centipede was showing 20 minutes away. Went in and five minutes later, Score. Thanks again!

#8518 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12354 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

Yep, these have finally dropped to the price point that makes me interested. But probably the last thing I need is more big crap in my house.

I feel the same way.  The price point is attractive now but I don't really have much room for one, let alone the whole set.

I suppose if they get even cheaper I may have to find the room.

#8519 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:25 AM

Thank you! Was able to snag an Asteroids close by. Another store has the Centipede but still at $150. Patience.

Edit: Checked again after post and Centipede was showing 20 minutes away. Went in and five minutes later, Score. Thanks again!

I ended up both because after my wife and I mutually decided not to get Asteroids she did anyway, heh.

Now I have to decide what to do with them...

#8520 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   921 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

This is exactly what I ended up doing. $100 is about right in general for a real basic setup. I've put in a little extra money. Definitely recommend getting the riser or make your own to raise the height unless you want to use a stool. The only thing original remaining in my cabinet is the screen and the cabinet shell. Arcade1up also has recently been selling some of the components directly on their website.

For those interested in a full size cabinet or a bartop and have a Micro Center nearby, they currently have them on-sale.

https://www.microcen...high&SortNow=Go

Full-size kit is currently at $800 and the bartop at $550 or you can just go with the cabinet by itself for $300 or $100 for the bartop and buy your own components separately.