* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#9931 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

Theres a store 5 miles from me that has the invisibility cloak for $5 93% off according to BS.

#9932 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1736 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

Theres a store 5 miles from me that has the invisibility cloak for $5 93% off according to BS.

grab that deal before it disappears

#9933 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

Found a few of these for $25 the other day..

https://www.walmart....-Mower/56247889

Also, one of the stores around me had a bunch of the sports tables as much as 75% off. My daughter wanted the ESPN foosball table so I picked it up. Reg. $124, marked $30

#9934 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   624 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

Found a few of these for $25 the other day..

https://www.walmart....-Mower/56247889

Also, one of the stores around me had a bunch of the sports tables as much as 75% off. My daughter wanted the ESPN foosball table so I picked it up. Reg. $124, marked $30

I grabbed one of those ping pong tables for $50.

Ps reel mowers are a terrible waste of money if your lawn has any sort of debris

#9935 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1736 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:39 PM

I grabbed one of those ping pong tables for $50.
Ps reel mowers are a terrible waste of money if your lawn has any sort of debris

I bought one a couple years ago and use it when the grass isn't too long in the summer. It saves gas and I can use it early in the morning and not wake anyone up.

#9936 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

I just got EA Sports UFC for $1 and Mark McMorris Infinite Air for $3 both on xbox one.. I'll probably never play either but I couldn't pass them up for the price lol

#9937 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

I've tried multiple man-powered mowers and basically none of them worked on anything but regular, pretty much perfect, grass.  Any crab grass, any weeds, any debris from trees...nope.  So I'd certainly warn anybody don't get one unless you really maintain your lawn nice or are lucky enough you don't have to.

#9938 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5431 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

Yeah they are garbage. Especially if you have grass like mine that breaks weed whacker thread. I actually thought about threading the grass given sturdy it is.

#9939 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5913 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

I've tried multiple man-powered mowers and basically none of them worked on anything but regular, pretty much perfect, grass.  Any crab grass, any weeds, any debris from trees...nope.  So I'd certainly warn anybody don't get one unless you really maintain your lawn nice or are lucky enough you don't have to.

Um dont you walk around the yard picking up sticks and other things before you mow the lawn anyways????

#9940 deadtrees   ... CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

January clearance is being rolled out in couple of stores. Found at a rear endcap at Hatfield, PA:

:switch:
Dragonball FighterZ $25

:xb1:
For Honor $5
For Honor: Marching Fire $10
The Evil Within 2 $10
Wolfenstein II $10
Dead Rising 4 $10
Scribblenauts Showdown $5

:pc:
Quantum Break $10

:3ds:
Code Name: STEAM $5

:ps3:
Bioshock Infinite $5
Sorcery $5

#9941 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   624 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

Um dont you walk around the yard picking up sticks and other things before you mow the lawn anyways????

Fuck no. I eat that shit up. If the kids really liked that bike/toy/ball/homework they should have put it in the garage/house!

#9942 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5431 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

I pick up the branches and fill a trash can for bonfires. But my yard is surrounded by giant pine trees and all kinds of other trees so I get branches alot. I sometimes miss small ones so they became mulch with the leaves.

#9943 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6755 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:39 PM

January clearance is being rolled out in couple of stores. Found at a rear endcap at Hatfield, PA:

:switch:
Dragonball FighterZ $25

:xb1:
For Honor $5
For Honor: Marching Fire $10
The Evil Within 2 $10
Wolfenstein II $10
Dead Rising 4 $10
Scribblenauts Showdown $5

:pc:
Quantum Break $10

:3ds:
Code Name: STEAM $5

:ps3:
Bioshock Infinite $5
Sorcery $5

Code name steam has to be the most over produced 3ds game of all time. It’s the titanic vhs of video games. I don’t know how many of these I see everywhere. Local discount stores, Walmart, pawn shops, etc

Dirt cheap is a store chain in TX and everyone they get a shipment from target in there at least 20 copies of it that never get sold

#9944 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14177 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:44 PM

My wife found a few toys on clearance for our daughter:

Play date Ariel 32” tall doll:
https://brickseek.co...in-store-offers - $13

Ariel Music and Lights vanity:
https://brickseek.co...in-store-offers - $13

Some Lion King toys on clearance also.

#9945 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:09 AM

Interesting. The one I got was the last one at that store. Found one at another store for $399 and did a return rebuy for $137. Was thinking about picking up a third and trying it again and the store raised it back to $399. 

Pulled the 1660 ti out of the 2nd one and replaced it with a $35 vid card for my wife to use as an office pc for charting. Sold the 1660 ti for $230 on eBay. 

it never showed $137 on brickseek. It showed $137 in the Walmart app. Tried to post pic but site won’t let me. Get error when linking to the hosting site. Anyone know how to post pic? 

hmmm, can you check the walmart app for my area, zip is  5 3 1 8 6

they have been at $399 since BF i think but now they are down to about 5 left only...

#9946 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, always move up to 16gb, especially since some games, with background can use up to 8gb now a days, (matched ram) and I'd say toss in a firecuda as a games drive.

Breakpoint, what it looks like, on Ultra runs around 42-58fps @ 1080p and Red Dead 2 on High/Mixed for VRAM runs 58-72fps @ 1080p.

So I consider it a solid machine, especially for $500 with upgrades.

I'm pretty sure that beats the used market even right now. Finding a nice Gen 6+ i5/i7 or Ryzen 2+ System with a 1070 would be comparable, but rare to find at a $500 price point.

True, to an extent.

HP is not one of the best brands - so I am thinking the Case, Mobo, PSU, and RAM count is probably not-so-hot.

But for the $400 it been showing up as (instead of the $700-900 it probably would normally go for), that's a good deal. You're talking basically half price here.

Also, for $400, that's a steal for both a 1660 Ti and the CPU altogether. Those two parts are worth the $400 or so total, nevermind the entire PC! This could be good for upgraders and/or builders, for those pieces alone.

If you know what you're doing, you could upgrade a current desktop PC that needs a better GPU and/or CPU...and go  from there.

Or heck, since you'll still be ahead here if you wanted to build a custom rig around the 1660 Ti, CPU, and the 8GB of RAM - you can always buy a new mobo, case, PSU, more RAM (I would recommend buying another 8GB of RAM at least, so you have at least 16GB of RAM total here), etc etc.

Gentlemen what is considered last GEN?  

I keep hearing about how AMD is so cheap and that its even cheaper now that new Ryzen is out?  So what exactly should I be looking for on the AMD side?   What about Intel? 

Long story short, I want to try my hand at PC Gaming, games like Witcher 3, PUBg, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Talos Principle, Celeste, Metro 2033.  So not high end games but perhaps mid level games right? 

Thing is I scored a Xeon E3-1230v2 for $25, and 16gb ddr3 1600 ram for another $25, along with an RX 580 for $75.  HOWEVER I am having a bear of a time finding a suitable MOBO for this cpu... on ebay the good ones go for $100 and not trying to spend that kind of money on this 7+ year old CPU.   

Thinking about scrapping the whole build, aka selling the Xeon and the RAM and starting over with a more modern CPU/Mobo combo. 

appreciate any input and advise on this..    Goals are, in order of importance, build a pc, play pc games, run some VM's, have some cool RGB themes going. 

#9947 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25766 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:02 AM

I keep hearing about how AMD is so cheap and that its even cheaper now that new Ryzen is out?  So what exactly should I be looking for on the AMD side?   What about Intel? 

Long story short, I want to try my hand at PC Gaming, games like Witcher 3, PUBg, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Talos Principle, Celeste, Metro 2033.  So not high end games but perhaps mid level games right? 

Thing is I scored a Xeon E3-1230v2 for $25, and 16gb ddr3 1600 ram for another $25, along with an RX 580 for $75.  HOWEVER I am having a bear of a time finding a suitable MOBO for this cpu... on ebay the good ones go for $100 and not trying to spend that kind of money on this 7+ year old CPU.   

Thinking about scrapping the whole build, aka selling the Xeon and the RAM and starting over with a more modern CPU/Mobo combo. 

appreciate any input and advise on this..    Goals are, in order of importance, build a pc, play pc games, run some VM's, have some cool RGB themes going. 

Can't really speak for the Intel Xeons.

I mostly use Intel's regular i7 stuff and NVidia GPU's.

About AMD with Ryzen: you're going to likely get more cores & threads and bang for the $, when compared to Intel. Since Ryzen, they've really been very competitive with Intel...for the first time in a very long time.

Thing is: there's also the new AMD, Intel, and NVidia stuff is all right around the corner. B/c AMD has stepped their game up with Ryzen, actually been closely watching that stuff. AMD's Ryzen 4000 series of CPU's, AMD's 5000 series of GPU's, Intel's 10000 series of CPU's, and NVidia's 3000 series of GPU's should be coming very soon.

How much are looking to spend on a build tops?

Also, what are aiming and looking for? 1080p? 1440p? 4K (2160p)?

How many GB on the RX 580 that you scored, BTW? 4 GB or 8GB?

If you're looking to play just the titles you listed - eh, as long as find a mobo, probably won't have too much problem....given what I've seen on Youtube for games like W3 here:

#9948 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7068 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Shoutout to whoever they let name this SKU:

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=177907864

#9949 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3240 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

Code name steam has to be the most over produced 3ds game of all time. It’s the titanic vhs of video games. I don’t know how many of these I see everywhere. Local discount stores, Walmart, pawn shops, etc

Dirt cheap is a store chain in TX and everyone they get a shipment from target in there at least 20 copies of it that never get sold

Overproduce, but it's actually a really solid game for the genre.  Just a heads up if it's turned you off because it's cheap/common.

#9950 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:14 PM

I mostly use Intel's regular i7 stuff and NVidia GPU's.

About AMD with Ryzen: you're going to likely get more cores & threads and bang for the $, when compared to Intel. Since Ryzen, they've really been very competitive with Intel...for the first time in a very long time.

Thing is: there's also the new AMD, Intel, and NVidia stuff is all right around the corner. B/c AMD has stepped their game up with Ryzen, actually been closely watching that stuff. AMD's Ryzen 4000 series of CPU's, AMD's 5000 series of GPU's, Intel's 10000 series of CPU's, and NVidia's 3000 series of GPU's should be coming very soon.

How much are looking to spend on a build tops?

Also, what are aiming and looking for? 1080p? 1440p? 4K (2160p)?

How many GB on the RX 580 that you scored, BTW? 4 GB or 8GB?

If you're looking to play just the titles you listed - eh, as long as find a mobo, probably won't have too much problem....given what I've seen on Youtube for games like W3 here:

Older xeons aren't bad.... I just dropped a 7 year old xeon e3 with a gtx 660 into an arcade1up cab (overkill, yes, but it was just there) and it runs fine. Just remember it is an older server based CPU, so it's power draw will probably be a bit more than a newer cpu. Also, if you ever plan to expand the ram, ddr3 will eventually cost a bit more (look at ddr2 prices). so if it's a system you plan to use for a year or 2, then sure, get the parts, but if you ever plan to play the higher end AAA titles or VR, you may consider just getting a new system.

#9951 filthydoctor  

filthydoctor

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

On AMD I'd look for Ryzen 2 and up, other than I tend to stay away, esp. since used prices are great.

For Intel's sides, I mean, anything really 3770+ still have life, and for you Xeon build, sounds like you got a nice 1080p/Med build starting, for me, concerns are just the power draw, since I'm on a Co-Op since my move.

I'd just look around reddit's hardwareswap for a board and/or make a post looking for one.

#9952 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14922 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:43 AM

AMD Bulldozer CPUs were pretty bad. They tried to match Intel's Sandy Lake IPC count by running crappy cores in parallel, and that didn't work. Think of it like having 8 cores that are slower than 2 cores in an Intel chip. And that's the CPU you guys were talking about, as this was their setup from around 2010 until the Ryzen.

Ryzen architecture improved each individual core's IPC and then ran them in parallel, and now they are blowing Intel out of the water. That's why they are legitimate contenders now.

As far as advice goes, I think you should either go with a cheap Intel CPU or wait for the gen 1 Ryzen to drop in price. AMD is also better with motherboard support, since Intel might only support 2-3 generations of chips before requiring a mobo upgrade.

#9953 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Older xeons aren't bad....

AMD Bulldozer CPUs were pretty bad.

Ok, fellers thanks for the info and replies, also did quite a bit or research since posting this and I am a bit more learned now.  Me buying the Xeon was ME trying to build a $150 gaming PC, ($25 CPU, $15 RAM, $25 Case, $15 MOBO, $50 PSU, $10-30 HDD, $50 GPU). Now keep in mind I'm pretty tech savvy but never put a PC together, with that said I had tons of parts laying around, SSD's, GPU's, RAM. So I figured with my parts I could really build a super powered "$150" PC.  Instead of using a proprietary $15 DELL MOBO, I was trying to buy a decent lga1155 MOBO from Asus/Asrock/MSI which pretty much killed that dream/idea.  So here I am..

If I use the XEON I have everything I need to slap together a PC, MINUS the case, and mobo.  So if I look at it that way, spending $50 to $100 max on an lga1155 won't be the end of the world since for bout $125(mobo cost+ $45 Phantek p300) I'd be done and have a decent gaming PC.  HOWEVER actually getting the mobo is the hard part, I've been on ebay and bidding heavy on a few. NOT KNOWING what i know now, the z77 or h68 chipsets was the way to go, I lost out on some amazingly priced mobos in the last 2 weeks. 

i.e. p8z68-V LE for $50, or a z77M for $65

So after 2 weeks of losing out I'm lookin at scrapping this build and just selling the Xeon.  However all these ebay and FBM place sells have me thinking, for not too bad of a price I might be able to score a last gen or 2 mobo/cpu combo that would be tons better than my LGA1155 socket based Xeon CPU and potential mobo. 

However thats my struggle and what I don't konw..  obviously lga1155 era is usable but way old tech now, so what should i look for? 

Intel: Lga 1151? Or is that too old as well?   What comes after 1151? 
     i..e. on FBM  for $160, someone is selling Asus H97 Mobo, i7-4790, 32gb RAM

^^ that seems a bit HIGH PRICED to me but I don't know enough of the history of PC Gaming to really know. 

AMD; for $120 you can buy Ryzen 5 2600x BRAND NEW, or $85 for 1600AF, but these are new, so wonder what used would be? 

Seems like AMD is the way to go, as least for new, prices are cheaper by a lot, plus if I understand it correctly the new Ryzen chips can use the same motherboards as the old ones right? 

Anyways thats where I'm at and if I don't win a mobo on any of these ebay bids I have going this weekend I'll scrap the Xeon build and start over I think...

TL:DR -  Looking into a  SUB $200 cpu/mobo combo, whats the best GEN I should be looking at for Intel and/or AMD?  Obviously PRE-OWNED is the way to go on this..

#9954 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

On AMD I'd look for Ryzen 2 and up, other than I tend to stay away, esp. since used prices are great.

For Intel's sides, I mean, anything really 3770+ still have life, and for you Xeon build, sounds like you got a nice 1080p/Med build starting, for me, concerns are just the power draw, since I'm on a Co-Op since my move.

I'd just look around reddit's hardwareswap for a board and/or make a post looking for one.

WHOOPS, i think this is what I was looking for.. SPOT ON Filthy

so basically  AMD = Ryzen 2 and up, but what MOBO? 

and Intel = 4000+, interesting, so it appears socket based lga1151 is not too far back huh? 

I have a bunch of HP Elite desktops from work, some have i5's in em

Also have some Lenovo tiny form factor m700's, with i5-6500's in them.

Am I able to jus pull the CPU's out of them and use them in my own custom build? 

#9955 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

I don't know how to add a picture, but Walmart on Old Lake Wilson in Kissimmee, FL has a version 2 Nintendo switch for $224.25. My return window closed yesterday so... I'm not biting. But anyone else? It's in the glass case

#9956 Sielanas  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:32 PM

I don't know how to add a picture, but Walmart on Old Lake Wilson in Kissimmee, FL has a version 2 Nintendo switch for $224.25. My return window closed yesterday so... I'm not biting. But anyone else? It's in the glass case

If I wasn't house hunting and trying to save I would make that drive.

#9957 filthydoctor  

filthydoctor

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:46 PM

WHOOPS, i think this is what I was looking for.. SPOT ON Filthy

so basically  AMD = Ryzen 2 and up, but what MOBO? 

and Intel = 4000+, interesting, so it appears socket based lga1151 is not too far back huh? 

I have a bunch of HP Elite desktops from work, some have i5's in em

Also have some Lenovo tiny form factor m700's, with i5-6500's in them.

Am I able to jus pull the CPU's out of them and use them in my own custom build? 

Good ryzen moboand if you upgrade to a gen 3, you can do that too.

and 4000s, of intel series is about 5 years old, yet still perform great, but thats LGA1150, and yeah, you can pull those i5's. As long as you find a mobo.

And from watching a tear down of the M700, yeah, you can pull those i5's aswell, but remember, then you will be in a need of a 1151build, which means you'll be moving up to DD4.

TL:DR -  Looking into a  SUB $200 cpu/mobo combo, whats the best GEN I should be looking at for Intel and/or AMD?  Obviously PRE-OWNED is the way to go on this..

I'd just keep an eye out, watch hardwareswap.

$200 Build

#9958 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:02 AM

If I was willing to spend $200 on just the mobo and CPU (and lived in the US), there is pretty much nothing else I would buy today other than a 1600AF (though up to $100 from the $85 it's been all month) and a cheaper, but still quality B450 motherboard (like this or this) or everyone's favorite, MSI B450 Tomahawk for 20 bucks more. That gives you max performance from your RX 580 today and room to upgrade to a better GPU and CPU in the future (when Ryzen 7 3700s reach the sub $140 price point *new* like the 2700x is right now )

It's okay to breathe as much like into an old system as you can. But if you are just making a new (or more accurately, a new to you) build, I think it makes sense to invest in the newer platform. It's possible that you could find a 1500(X) for a better price used or a 1700(X) used for not much more. That's pretty much where I would be looking. NOTE: I'd skip the Ryzen 3s as they arent that much cheaper and modern games are actually taking advantage of the extra cores now.

EDIT: Should note that the AM4 platform requires DDR4 memory, not the DDR3 of the above-mentioned Xeon. But you can get a 2x8 GB kit of 3000/3200/3600 for <$70 new.

#9959 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:15 AM

Not little ones no, why would I if I know my mower can handle it?  Even if there was no sticks though it doesn't go through crab grass or weeds at all.  We had a very shady yard and it was impossible to grow grass normally so I guess we had a bit of a special circumstance but still.

#9960 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5913 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:25 AM

Not little ones no, why would I if I know my mower can handle it?  Even if there was no sticks though it doesn't go through crab grass or weeds at all.  We had a very shady yard and it was impossible to grow grass normally so I guess we had a bit of a special circumstance but still.

Put your back into it boy lololol