* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10261 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:46 AM

So do the PS4 Destiny 2 copies actually come with a PS+ sub? I would probably brave the coronavirus to get some and stock up on that service.

I have no idea. but for 45 cents, I was willing to be el hoardo.

#10262 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:24 AM

So do the PS4 Destiny 2 copies actually come with a PS+ sub? I would probably brave the coronavirus to get some and stock up on that service.

Yes. I bought one that was $1.96 6 weeks ago and there was a 30 day trial of PS+ inside.

#10263 ec91762  

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:45 PM

So my Walmart clearance a ton of stuff and i got Super Bomberman on Switch for $9.. game was stolen and it was still semi sealed like. The hell now i gotta try to convince them i didnt get it haha

#10264 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:11 PM

So my Walmart clearance a ton of stuff and i got Super Bomberman on Switch for $9.. game was stolen and it was still semi sealed like. The hell now i gotta try to convince them i didnt get it haha

Reminds me of the gamecube launch, I picked my preorder and 3 games from gamestop or was it eb games then? Can't remember. Tony Hawk was not in the Tony Hawk case. Luckily this was back then when scamming wasn't rampant and they kind of knew me so they let me get a new one, but I can't even imagine it happening again today and doing it. That manager was cool as hell. Funny enough, I lost that game anyway but not the case lol.

But good luck, if your wal mart is like mine, they won't give a shit. It was funny, a customer got mad at me for checking his receipt, and so he after yelling at me, went to customer service, and in the back of my mind, all I could think was, "those clowns care even less than I do LMAO"

#10265 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5340 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:51 AM

Yes. I bought one that was $1.96 6 weeks ago and there was a 30 day trial of PS+ inside.

hot damn my closest walmart has them in stock for 3 cents.  Gonna load up on those as then I can play the free plus games I have that I haven't finished.

#10266 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:59 AM

hot damn my closest walmart has them in stock for 3 cents.  Gonna load up on those as then I can play the free plus games I have that I haven't finished.

I assume you can only do one 30-day trial per account, like how Game Pass restricts you. You can try to use the codes on different created accounts though.

#10267 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:07 AM

I've heard that you just have to wait out one 30 day period before you can use another one. Can't confirm it though.

I did get seven of the games a few weeks ago when they were still $2.

#10268 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:17 AM

I've heard that you just have to wait out one 30 day period before you can use another one. Can't confirm it though.

I did get seven of the games a few weeks ago when they were still $2.

Not sure if PS follows the same rules as Xbox, but I signed up for one trial for Game Pass like a year ago, and no trial code of any length works for me anymore. Would have to create a new account to use another trial code.

#10269 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:53 AM

YMMV, but here is what I saw in two different local B&M Wal-Mart locations:

:ps4: Yakuza 6 The Song of Life Essence of Art Collection $10.00

Thanks for posting!  Just picked up a copy for $9 tonight.

#10270 ufjason1  

ufjason1

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:26 AM

Does the Xbox one version of destiny 2 include a 30-day trial for Xbox live?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#10271 ec91762  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:12 PM

Reminds me of the gamecube launch, I picked my preorder and 3 games from gamestop or was it eb games then? Can't remember. Tony Hawk was not in the Tony Hawk case. Luckily this was back then when scamming wasn't rampant and they kind of knew me so they let me get a new one, but I can't even imagine it happening again today and doing it. That manager was cool as hell. Funny enough, I lost that game anyway but not the case lol.

But good luck, if your wal mart is like mine, they won't give a shit. It was funny, a customer got mad at me for checking his receipt, and so he after yelling at me, went to customer service, and in the back of my mind, all I could think was, "those clowns care even less than I do LMAO"

So i did manage to get a new game, they said since i didn't put up a fuss that i was most likely telling the truth. Whenever i first showed up though i had the lady ask me 'How do i even know there really was supposed to be a game in here? I mean it could be a digital code and there wasnt even supposed to be a cartridge in it.' Eventually they got a manager and she said just swap it.

#10272 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

The same thing happened to me when i found Dragon Quest V for 3DS in a bargain bin for $31. The case was semi opened though and when I walk away after paying had a sneaking suspicion that the game was missing because the case felt really light. I open the rest of the case and find the game missing. I went back to the register like not even 5 minutes later and they gave me a refund. I told them that a lot of the games in their bargain bin were opened. The next time I went there they completely got rid of the bargain games. And I've never seen any clearance games there since.

#10273 chard19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:39 PM

Buddy of mine grabbed two copies of Binding of Isaac: Aftermath today for $10 each. Probably sold out most places but worth a check

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55415463

#10274 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:52 PM

The same thing happened to me when i found Dragon Quest V for 3DS in a bargain bin for $31. The case was semi opened though and when I walk away after paying had a sneaking suspicion that the game was missing because the case felt really light. I open the rest of the case and find the game missing. I went back to the register like not even 5 minutes later and they gave me a refund. I told them that a lot of the games in their bargain bin were opened. The next time I went there they completely got rid of the bargain games. And I've never seen any clearance games there since.

Damn that sucks, but at least it worked. But extra sucky at no more clearance games!

So i did manage to get a new game, they said since i didn't put up a fuss that i was most likely telling the truth. Whenever i first showed up though i had the lady ask me 'How do i even know there really was supposed to be a game in here? I mean it could be a digital code and there wasnt even supposed to be a cartridge in it.' Eventually they got a manager and she said just swap it.

lmao, classic wal mart customer service there. I honestly don't know how wal mart stays in business sometimes. They have to be making massive profits to offset the losses and junk spending on dumb employees. The customer service is horrendous. As a door greeter, at least half of the customer comments are too me about how bad the service is here. I Don't know why they all gravitate towards me to tell me that, but they do. Well I have my theories, but yeah.

Speaking of dumb employees.....this literally happened. I had to go pee, I have been told if I cannot find another "asset protection associate" to cover me, to hand the occupancy counter to the cashier at the self checkout. So I did, she literally told me "I don't know how to work this". Wal mart could hire trained monkey's, feed them bananas, and save tons of money.  It's astonishing the level of stupid. Heck, that'd be a waste of a perfectly good trained monkey.

#10275 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

Buddy of mine grabbed two copies of Binding of Isaac: Aftermath today for $10 each. Probably sold out most places but worth a check

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55415463

thanks, it was mentioned by that other guy recently. none of mine had it sadly. I looked.

#10276 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:52 AM

Went to a store that supposedly had a couple copies of Fallout GOTY for $19, Ni no Kuni for $19, Indivisible for $9 and Bloodstained for $19. Only found Indivisible. They had some games just out in the open for people to grab so I wouldn't be surprised if they got stolen. Also grabbed a copy of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary for $20. Not a clearance price. But was looking for a copy for months now since I missed out on the Target clearance and just decided to bite the bullet. Btoh games rang to $32 total because of the 10.25% sales tax I got charged. Went to another store and picked up Ni no Kuni. They also had Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition for $15 but was OOS. Oh well.

#10277 drakenreborn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

drakenreborn

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:58 AM

Was surprised to find several PS4 games on clearance today.  I ended up getting  2 copies of Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steelbook Edition for $9 each.  Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition for $10.  Indivisible for $5.  Sims 4 Bundle for $10.

#10278 severdheartdies   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

severdheartdies

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:31 AM

I was able to grab:
who wants to be a millionaire 2012 edition (360 - $3)
Mario Sports superstars (3ds - $15)
I saw strange brigade (x1 - $9.88) but opted to pass.

#10279 jrc84  

Posted 26 April 2020 - 07:49 PM

Picked up a copy of RiME for $9 today. Looks like the clearance once were marked down from the last time I looked at them...pre covid.

#10280 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:10 PM

just got diablo 3 eternal collection on xbox one for $5 --- cashier error FTW.  to be fair it didn't say what the price was, she just came up with 5 on her own when it rang up full price even though it was in the clearance rack. 

Mario party super stars 3ds for, luigis mansio()non-nintendo select case version), pokemon sapphire 3ds, and kirby battle royale all for $10. Cashier was going to give them all for 5 despite the sticky saying 10, but since they were ringing up full price, to discount it that low, she needed the CSM, who naturally noticed the $10 tag.

nice haul of games today.

#10281 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14885 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:47 AM

Went after work to pick up an Arcade1Up Pac-Man cabinet from a store near me that had a bunch of them for $50. Turns out some unemployed douche drove 4 hours up to my neck of the woods and bought all 7...

They still had a Final Fight cabinet, so I bought that and a riser for $100 total. Still wanted another to mod, so it wasn't a total bust.

#10282 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:19 AM

Went after work to pick up an Arcade1Up Pac-Man cabinet from a store near me that had a bunch of them for $50. Turns out some unemployed douche drove 4 hours up to my neck of the woods and bought all 7...

If he's unemployed, how can he afford 7 of them at $350?

#10283 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14885 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:37 AM

If he's working, how can he drive 4 hours one way on a Monday to buy these? Reselling clearance items doesn't count as employment.

#10284 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:44 AM

stimulus

#10285 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:17 PM

If he's working, how can he drive 4 hours one way on a Monday to buy these? Reselling clearance items doesn't count as employment.

You guys are surely judgemental. Many people are still not working due to COVID-19 as businesses are still closed. Even so, not everyone works every weekday or every Monday.

If the dude is a reseller, it's definitely a job as they make money (legally as well) and clearly can spend it.

But I understand being salty when you miss a deal when you (not you specifically) weren't quick enough to get it. Kid had 4 hours (assuming that isn't a lie) and still got it before OP.

#10286 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:50 PM

You guys are surely judgemental. Many people are still not working due to COVID-19 as businesses are still closed. Even so, not everyone works every weekday or every Monday.
If the dude is a reseller, it's definitely a job as they make money (legally as well) and clearly can spend it.
But I understand being salty when you miss a deal when you (not you specifically) weren't quick enough to get it. Kid had 4 hours (assuming that isn't a lie) and still got it before OP.

Yeah he's just salty. I get it, it sucks especially if you wantes it to use and not resell but don't act like he's some jobless loser and that resellers arent earning real money with real work

#10287 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4275 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:03 PM

There are resellers that make more than $100k a year. Look at all the ones on youtube. Definitely can be a legit job.

#10288 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

I used to work for a company that paid me to do 'Retail Arbitrage'. I'd drive a Mercedes Sprinter around and spend (On average) between 4-6 hours at a time in a store and, assuming it was fruitful, anywhere between $2,500 - $5,000.

My personal record was at a Toys'R'Us; 9.5 hours (I was there from open to close basically) and spent just short of $22k.

We cleared 1.5m of profit in Q4 of 2012.

I had to quit though as my parents got ill and I had to take care of my younger siblings.

EDIT: Amazon FBA, btw.

Edited by failgecko, 29 April 2020 - 01:43 PM.

#10289 deeseven  

deeseven

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:46 PM

There are resellers that make more than $100k a year. Look at all the ones on youtube. Definitely can be a legit job.

No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos

#10290 Ballz2daWalls  

Ballz2daWalls

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:29 PM

No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos

They make more than $100k in sales for sure, but what they don’t tell you is that this is a sales total and not their actual profit.