* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10291 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the people that mentioned Yakuza 6 Art edition for $9 and Bloodstained for $19, my store had 1 of each left and I got both. Been wanting both so pretty excited.

#10292 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:17 PM

No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos

And here I am, reselling for a living, making over 100k a year. But yeah, no one does it.

But as Ballz2daWalls says, that is my gross income, profit is of course less but that's par the course.

#10293 deeseven  

deeseven

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:24 PM

And here I am, reselling for a living, making over 100k a year. But yeah, no one does it.

But as Ballz2daWalls says, that is my gross income, profit is of course less but that's par the course.

I'm pretty sure I said no one on youtube makes over 100k a year, even gross is probably a stretch for most cases

#10294 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

Random (non-gaming) deals.

$169 Canon SX530 PowerShot SX530 16MP 50x Zoom Digital Camera

$75 Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum, NV680

$99 BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lift-Off Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 2087

$99 Shark ION RV700 Robot Vacuum with Easy Scheduling Remote

$25 Ozark Trail 54 Quart Stainless Steel Cooler (51L) , 85 Can Capacity

$11 Better Homes and Gardens 10.5 Gallon Copper Oval Waste Can with Soft Close Lid

$0.50 Sterilite 3 Drawer Cart, White

$9 Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Single Serve Coffee Maker

$13 BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup* Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel, CM2036S

$64 Keurig K-Elite, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker, Brushed Gold

$5 Farberware Blender Set, 10 Piece

$35 BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Coffee Maker, Black, 10 Cup, 55200.0000

$25 KitchenAid 5 Speed Silver Classic Blender

$19 Instant Pot Ace 60 Cooking Blender

$13 Presto 07030 Cool-Touch Electric Griddle

$13 DreamWorks Dragons, Hatching Toothless Interactive Baby Dragon and Bonus Downloadable Episodes

#10295 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

I'm pretty sure I said no one on youtube makes over 100k a year, even gross is probably a stretch for most cases

You can assume that, but you'd be wrong. And a lot of sellers on Youtube are very transparent with what is net vs gross profit. You'd be surprised how people can make $100k - $1 million a year when you add in dropshipping, bulk orders via distributors, selling their own products, etc. It's hard work to do that and Youtube but not impossible and many people show that.

But yeah, never happens, can't believe it, too good to be true, etc. etc.

#10296 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

No reseller makes 100k on youtube just doing reselling. selling their courses, and etc? yes they make a pretty penny but nobody makes that much bank and has time to make youtube videos

Part time picker and shed flips do. One just showed their last three months of sales and it was $32k and this is not the busy time of year. Yeah that is total sales but they most of the time sell $1-5 items for $20-$xx. One example is Shed flips is selling GM key fobs that he bought 100 of for $1.50 each for $67 shipped and he has sold three quarters of them so far. There has been sales in the 100s of dollars for $5 items they source at garage sales and estate sales. Their youtube channels bring in money as well from google and also more business to their ebay stores. They thank their viewers on camera for some of the sales almost everyday. Its not just games, they sell anything that is worth flipping and have thousands of items on sale on multiple ebay accounts.

These guys are medium size sellers, I follow others who have whole warehouses and employees as well.

#10297 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9055 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:28 PM

jerkin-it-1.gif

#10298 chard19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:30 PM

Needed a new vacuum. Thanks

#10299 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:55 PM

I'm hoping for some laptop deals. I need a 17 inch one preferably for gaming.

#10300 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:46 AM

I'm hoping for some laptop deals. I need a 17 inch one preferably for gaming.

Dude same, I need a new one bad. Have never had luck with any gaming laptops that were claimed to be in stock but I'm always hopeful.

#10301 dravack   For the Red Eagle! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:02 AM

Part of me hates you people always taking all the deals from the walmart picks. But, at the same time I get it I just hate driving to like 3 or 4 walmarts (all near by) to get one of an item I need and their all gone -.- Walmart really needs to up their inventory system. Wish that app that's on android would come to apple. I forget what its called but the one that gives you an employee view of the inventory it seemed to be a bit more accurate for the week i had an android phone.

Honestly though I'm surprised you make that much. Any idea what % comes from picking up deals from walmart and the like vs other sources?

#10302 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:26 AM

Part of me hates you people always taking all the deals from the walmart picks. But, at the same time I get it I just hate driving to like 3 or 4 walmarts (all near by) to get one of an item I need and their all gone -.- Walmart really needs to up their inventory system. Wish that app that's on android would come to apple. I forget what its called but the one that gives you an employee view of the inventory it seemed to be a bit more accurate for the week i had an android phone.

Honestly though I'm surprised you make that much. Any idea what % comes from picking up deals from walmart and the like vs other sources?

I hate people who complain about not getting deals for products that have been in stores for years but complain that people "take" deals from them. I understand it's easier to blame others for you missing out though on a product that had been collecting dust.

Walmart is one of many stores I personally shop for items to resell, forgot about the distributors and warehouses I buy from. The items that I buy aren't what you're looking for either most likely and if you are, it's likely because you saw a deal for it and never thought about getting that item otherwise.

All resellers have different revenue streams and ways of making money though. No two people are alike.

#10303 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   620 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:50 AM

I hate people who complain about not getting deals for products that have been in stores for years but complain that people "take" deals from them. I understand it's easier to blame others for you missing out though on a product that had been collecting dust.

Walmart is one of many stores I personally shop for items to resell, forgot about the distributors and warehouses I buy from. The items that I buy aren't what you're looking for either most likely and if you are, it's likely because you saw a deal for it and never thought about getting that item otherwise.

All resellers have different revenue streams and ways of making money though. No two people are alike.

I admire people that can hustle and do stuff like this for a living. Myself went the 9-5 route with an engineering degree and push numbers around excel and consider flipping and deals to be my "free" hobby. Growing up with 1x video game a year between all the brothers does that! 

I would have picked up that $11 trash can, but the wife said "Copper? - stop wasting money!". Alas

#10304 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:22 AM

I admire people that can hustle and do stuff like this for a living. Myself went the 9-5 route with an engineering degree and push numbers around excel and consider flipping and deals to be my "free" hobby. Growing up with 1x video game a year between all the brothers does that! 

I would have picked up that $11 trash can, but the wife said "Copper? - stop wasting money!". Alas

Funny enough, I have a degree, multiple minors and was in my career field, but I enjoy the freedom and money from reselling so I stopped.

I agree with your wife too I wanted the bin but copper, no thanks.

#10305 dravack   For the Red Eagle! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:31 AM

nah i don't need the product that's why i leave it collecting dust. But, when brickseek or other "deal hunting" sites post it. I mean how can I turn down whatever say a vaccum for 80% off. You can almost always use a new vaccum unless you just recently bought one. I normally don't shop walmart otherwise. Really only thing I buy these days are vidya games and a few digital movie titles on here. I have enough crap I'm trying to get rid of.. Maybe not to the elon musk point where I'm selling everything. But, yeah... junk lol.

I just was salty about a dude who rented a uhaul and then went around and bought like 30-40 futons. I just can't imagine those are easy to move. I mean sure you'll sell a few locally but there's no way he'll move that much product for enough of a markup to make his money back from the uhaul will he? Just seems unreal people will pay that kind of mark up on a product that has been sitting in a walmart that long. But, I guess maybe diffrent shoppers at a fleamarket or whatever.

The small electronics that I can see. It's cheap to ship and easy to move the product I'd imagine. But, even then I dunno I don't take everything maybe that's wrong on my part? I just feel like I take what I need and share the rest? But, I'm also not trying to make a living at it usually just supplying myself or a couple friends with say a video game, headset, or whatever. Maybe I should give it a go next time and see how much I can move on ebay/amazon/FB marketpalce.

EDIT: I mean free money right? why not. Oh and yeah I figured most of your profit would come from the big warehouses like the distrubtors and amazon returns not the small walmart items. Is that wrong? Is there enough of a markup on the random walmart stuff like the blender you listed?

#10306 dravack   For the Red Eagle! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:44 AM

Also wanted to state when I said hate i mean it as more of a joke. I don't really give a shit lol just like you do you.

#10307 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:15 AM

Also wanted to state when I said hate i mean it as more of a joke. I don't really give a shit lol just like you do you.

Oh yeah, I understand. People always get heated talking about resellers and for good reason, some are dicks but so can any other customer be.

I just feel no one is entitled to these items especially ones that aren't essential, have been in stores for years and something someone else managed to get quicker than others because they put the work to get it sooner. Meh, I just don't get the entitlement people get for such things.

#10308 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4444 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:28 PM

But obviously the deals haven't been at that price for years, so I hate people that make irrelevant points to support their position.

The complaining does get old in the threads, but us old-timers here are not used to dealing with SD and flippers. It is frustrating that people buy up all of the stock just to re-sell. I've accepted that as the way things are now, and I think everyone has to. Things will never go back to the old days when just about everyone here was buying to enjoy and not flip. Fortunately I do not have to depend on that money, although it was fun if you could buy one extra to trade or buy. Sometimes people here would pass along one at cost to a fellow site member, but that stopped quickly when a few people got caught re-selling those at-cost transfers for a profit. I just don't understand how some of the people (mostly younger and often without jobs) will do these flips, and sometimes for just a dollar or two. But whatever.

#10309 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Hoarding, flipping and reselling has been going on as long as I've been a member. When Circuit City even was around. I've been bitching and done accepted it 17 years now.

Most resellers here to be fair are honest, helpful and will do a lot for any respectful member. I have read threads where members have gone out of their way to help others find items they wanted at little or no extra cost quite a lot of the times. This gets glossed over A LOT when the bitching starts. Yeah it does suck when stock of something wipes out and a sole post goes up looking braggish but we've got a bunch of people here better than that. I even forget that.

Flipping at obscene prices sucks but we've seen karma bite back so deep breaths and if it was something big you missed, ask. We got good people still here

#10310 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

But obviously the deals haven't been at that price for years, so I hate people that make irrelevant points to support their position.

This entitlement is what I'm talking about. You had months to years to get these items regardless of the price. When the price drops, you still have the same means to get it but at the end of the day it's your fault for taking the risk of waiting for a deal to get an item.

Sure I'm a reseller and I of course don't mind people buying whatever they want with their own money and time, but even if I wasn't selling, I still wouldn't feel entitled to a deal just because.

But yeah, I remember the old times in here circa 2005 when deals were easier to obtain but I also remember people reselling, flipping and trading back then. Difference is people kept it on the low because of very vocal members who hated resellers. Not much has changed in that regard though.

#10311 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

$25 - $30 LEGO Star Wars Yoda 75255 Collectible Building Model (1771 Pieces) https://brickseek.co.../?sku=562704914

Just got a couple of these. They are hard to find though. If they aren't on the floor, they likely aren't in stock.

#10312 Tricky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

$9
Amiibo, Link, The Legend of Zelda
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=342837543

$19
LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Townhouse Pet Shop & Cafe 31097
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=427298524

$15
Paper Mario Color Splash :wiiu:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=53966164

Mario Party Star Rush, :3ds:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=54270686

WarioWare Gold :3ds:
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=839416551

$25
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild :wiiu:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55142883

#10313 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:47 AM

$9
Amiibo, Link, The Legend of Zelda
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=342837543

$19
LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Townhouse Pet Shop & Cafe 31097
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=427298524

$15
Paper Mario Color Splash :wiiu:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=53966164

Mario Party Star Rush, :3ds:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=54270686

WarioWare Gold :3ds:
https://brickseek.co.../?sku=839416551

$25
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild :wiiu:
https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55142883

thanks found some good stuff.

#10314 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:02 AM

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's any hard drives on clearance right now?

#10315 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's any hard drives on clearance right now?

I haven't spotted any, but I haven't been looking either

#10316 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:17 PM

$1.48 Funko POP! Movies: IT: Chapter 2 - Pennywise w/ Blade (Walmart Exclusive)

$124 SONY SRS-XB41/L Blue Portable Wireless Speaker

$500 Straight Talk SAMSUNG Galaxy S9, 64GB Black - Prepaid Smartphone

$19 Huffy 20" Pink Sea Star Girl's Bike

$100 Ozark Trail Folding Wagon

$100 Blackstone 4-Burner 36" Griddle Cooking Station w/ Rear Grease Management

$13 Select by Calphalon Space Saving 8" & 10" Nonstick Fry Pan Set

$4.50 Mr. Coffee 5 Cup Programmable Black & Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker

Couple of stores I've been to had a lot of tires on clearance too.

#10317 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

I never notice much at mine but I grabbed the G1 Soundwave reissue for $13. I forgot to jot down the info but when I get a chance I will

#10318 chard19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

I never notice much at mine but I grabbed the G1 Soundwave reissue for $13. I forgot to jot down the info but when I get a chance I will

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=453478696

#10319 Stop  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:29 PM

It's $49 at one of my stores.

#10320 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:55 PM

thanks. sadly nothing for me in that list.