* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10411 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

One store within 50 miles (out of a dozen+ or so) shows Diablo III (QTY 2-3) for the switch at $5 on brickseek. What are the odds that it's actually that price (and/or still in stock)?

Yeah...thought so.

#10412 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

$99 2DS XL https://www.walmart....uoise/652383534

This will sell out. Get it now.

I've been looking for a good deal on a 3DS XL for a while now, but this price is pretty good so I'll probably bite. Does the 2DS play 3DS games?

#10413 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

I've been looking for a good deal on a 3DS XL for a while now, but this price is pretty good so I'll probably bite. Does the 2DS play 3DS games?

Yes, it will play all 3ds games and the games that you can only play on the New 3ds (like Xenoblade chronicles). The only missing feature is 3d functionality. At least that is what I think is true

#10414 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Does the 2DS play 3DS games?

Yes, just no 3d mode obviously.

I thought about grabbing one (thanks for sharing) but I have a couple ips XL's already, don't really need it.

#10415 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6785 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

The prices look a little odd because I forgot to say they included either 6.5% or 7% sales tax. I dont recall any of them having the rectangular sticker shown, on them, but the vast majority had no sticker and some had the small square sticker like in the post a few above mine  Some, for instance the Yakuza Steelbook, were $9 at multiple stores. Most showed up as Limited stock or Out of stock on brickseek, but the prices on there were almost always right.  Basically I went to 7 different Walmarts in two counties and scanned or looked up the price on brickseek of every WiiU, 3DS, older Switch game, and PS4 or XBOX game that was on the bottom shelf or shoved in the bottom of the case. 

edit: went back above and took sales tax out.

Oh ok, no worries. It was the sales tax added that threw it off for me. Nice score!

#10416 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:54 PM

Figured screw it and bought one of the 2DS XLs. I recently sold my old N3DS that I hadn't played in years so maybe this will get me back into it. Pretty nice deal!

#10417 EMJP23  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

$99 2DS XL https://www.walmart....uoise/652383534

Got one! Thanks!

#10418 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

$99 2DS XL https://www.walmart....uoise/652383534

Thanks was able to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10419 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

One store within 50 miles (out of a dozen+ or so) shows Diablo III (QTY 2-3) for the switch at $5 on brickseek. What are the odds that it's actually that price (and/or still in stock)?

Yeah...thought so.

If Brickseek says it, then 100% it will be that price. If it is in-stock...eeeeeehhhhhhh

I've scoured too many Walmarts for $.03 and $3 games in the past 3 years to be confident that Brickseek is gospel on price unless it doesn't show up in their inventory. In that case, it eventually will if you have them put it back in inventory.

#10420 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:47 PM

Found Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (Wii U) for $0.03 this evening. Made me feel like I was back in January 2018... (gets misty-eyed)

I chuckle inside every time someone finds one of those 3 cent games that should have been pulled for salvage ages ago.

#10421 spawn33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:15 PM

If Brickseek says it, then 100% it will be that price. If it is in-stock...eeeeeehhhhhhh

I've scoured too many Walmarts for $.03 and $3 games in the past 3 years to be confident that Brickseek is gospel on price unless it doesn't show up in their inventory. In that case, it eventually will if you have them put it back in inventory.

How does that work?  I have a Walmart that has games that brickseek shows out of stock at the old retail price when everyone else has cleared it out at the lower price.  I would love to get some at the lower price and just keep waiting but it never drops below retail.

#10422 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6785 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:42 PM

How does that work?  I have a Walmart that has games that brickseek shows out of stock at the old retail price when everyone else has cleared it out at the lower price.  I would love to get some at the lower price and just keep waiting but it never drops below retail.

Though Walmart clearance is nationwide, that doesn't mean all stores will ever mark down an item. So if it's been that price for a while at a store, it will likely stay that price especially if their inventory is off and showing its OOS when it isn't.

#10423 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

After debating it internally, I don't think I want to drive to Napa anytime soon. So if anyone is out that way, the Walmart shows 2-3 copies of Diablo III Switch for $5 (via Brickseek). Happy hunting.

#10424 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

After debating it internally, I don't think I want to drive to Napa anytime soon. So if anyone is out that way, the Walmart shows 2-3 copies of Diablo III Switch for $5 (via Brickseek). Happy hunting.

In my personal experience, you shouldn't trust Brickseek if it reports a range of stock for the item you want. Anytime I've checked a store saying they have 2-3 or 1-5 in stock or anything like that, I have never found what I wanted. It's more reliable if they actually say they have just 3 in stock or some other number. I'm sure the price is accurate but I think you'll be better off at home.

#10425 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

In my personal experience, you shouldn't trust Brickseek if it reports a range of stock for the item you want. Anytime I've checked a store saying they have 2-3 or 1-5 in stock or anything like that, I have never found what I wanted. It's more reliable if they actually say they have just 3 in stock or some other number. I'm sure the price is accurate but I think you'll be better off at home.

Definitely dont trust brickseek.
My store showed none in stock on BC, but
Diablo is $49 at my store.

Ymmv, but just got dragon quest builders 2 switch for $30.

#10426 Eutaoo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

I think it can go both ways, and it matters how well run the Walmart/Target is. Theres a Walmart near me in the middle nowhere, and it's probably the nicest retail store I've ever been into. The times I've gone I've seen all the games that said 1-2(or w/e else) that I wanted. I've even seen quite a few games there that showed 0 in stock, but had 2 or even more copies of it.

#10427 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

I've almost never found anything listed as in stock from brick seek.  Even when they list hundreds of the item.  If anything if it says its not in stock it's more often than not is.  Like They listed ocarina of time and link between worlds as out of stock at target but both were when I went there.  All of the games listed as out of stock were there besides devil survivor or whatever those 2 games are called back during the 4$ sale last year I think it was. Snagged oot, smt4, smt4 a, luigi's mansion and a bunch of other games.

#10428 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:29 PM

To be fairrrr ... I did just grab one of those $99 2DS XLs from Walmart using Brickseek yesterday, so it’s still accurate in some cases. I think you have to assume that when it lists 6+ of an item, you have a good shot of finding it, but anything with limited availability or lower than 6 is going to be a crap shoot. A lot of stuff also gets stolen and I don’t think their system has any way to account for that.

#10429 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:03 PM

I think it can go both ways, and it matters how well run the Walmart/Target is. Theres a Walmart near me in the middle nowhere, and it's probably the nicest retail store I've ever been into. The times I've gone I've seen all the games that said 1-2(or w/e else) that I wanted. I've even seen quite a few games there that showed 0 in stock, but had 2 or even more copies of it.

That's true, but for once i found something lol at walmart. I was shopping at gamestop and walmart was close by. Was looking for Diablo, but saw the $30 price tag for Dragon Quest builders 2. Sadly, it was the last copy.

#10430 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 AM

Yes, it will play all 3ds games and the games that you can only play on the New 3ds (like Xenoblade chronicles). The only missing feature is 3d functionality. At least that is what I think is true

That and the rechargeable battery on the 2DS XL is not easily replaceable (unlike the New 3DS XL). It requires prying the unit open and being careful not to damage anything during the process. It uses the same battery (part# CTR-003 if I recall correctly) as the original 2DS in case anyone was wondering. It is notably lighter and more ergonomic then the New 3DS XL though. I've used both and if you don't care about the 3D screen then it's definitely the better way to go imo. The Walmart deal was a good deal but for anyone who may have missed out a refurbished unit direct from Nintendo (once they resume operations from shutting down due to COVID-19) is the next best thing. I got a refurb New 3DS XL from them a few years ago and it was indistinguishable from new.

#10431 jrc84  

Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

I must not understand BS. I never seem to find anything on there. Every deal I find at Walmart is from walking by and spotting clearance tags. I don't find much though...

#10432 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted Yesterday, 01:31 PM

I must not understand BS. I never seem to find anything on there. Every deal I find at Walmart is from walking by and spotting clearance tags. I don't find much though...

You understand BS just fine. The problem is that a lot of other people do as well and monitor prices with more frequency so that when prices do drop they are fast to act and get the deals . Too many people know about brickseek now and it makes deals even more competitive

#10433 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

You understand BS just fine. The problem is that a lot of other people do as well and monitor prices with more frequency so that when prices do drop they are fast to act and get the deals . Too many people know about brickseek now and it makes deals even more competitive

The other issue is brickseek is sort of “pay to win”, in the sense that you can pay monthly to get alerts on deals instead of having to search manually for them and hope to find something before it’s too late. 

#10434 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2353 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:37 PM

The other issue is brickseek is sort of “pay to win”, in the sense that you can pay monthly to get alerts on deals instead of having to search manually for them and hope to find something before it’s too late.

I did not know this

#10435 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

I did not know this

Because its not true

#10436 ritchardf  

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Because its not true

yes it is, there is a premium tier of brickseek that shows markdowns near you, and new markdowns every day, things that are not available to everyone else without alot more work.

#10437 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2353 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

yes it is, there is a premium tier of brickseek that shows markdowns near you, and new markdowns every day, things that are not available to everyone else without alot more work.

Thanks I may have to look into this

#10438 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

yep.  There's a few users on here that did free trials or paid for it and used to post deals regularly.  Jurai was one of them for the target thread iirc.

#10439 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted Yesterday, 06:45 PM

He did it here too. That's how we first found out about the $3 games last year.