* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10531 Eutaoo  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:41 AM

Good example of why you should always order online to ship if possible instead of direct pickup (not including ship to store) because of many stores having completely fucked up inventory

#10532 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:55 AM

Good example of why you should always order online to ship if possible instead of direct pickup (not including ship to store) because of many stores having completely fucked up inventory

That is a good approach. the UPS guy that delivered my 2ds XL this afternoon announced his presence with a very loud thud as her dropped the box with my system in it onto my porch. Both are risky options. I still prefer UPS to FedEx. FedEx has been super delayed with their deliveries lately. I understand there is a pandemic going on but USPS and UPS haven't had a package of mine on their truck for a week ready for a delivery I have yet to experience

#10533 Eutaoo  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:00 AM

That is a good approach. The UPS guy that delivered my 2ds XL this afternoon announced his presence with a very loud thud as her dropped the box with my system in it onto my porch. Both are risky options. I still prefer UPS to FedEx. FedEx has been super delayed with their deliveries lately. I understand there is a pandemic going on but USPS and UPS haven't had a package of mine on their truck for a week ready for a delivery I have yet to experience

Haha, I always laugh when I hear that outside. Usually its Prime for me, as those guys couldn't care less. UPS dropped the ball hard for me but they've been doing really well lately. The USPS has been an absolute shitshow. My 2DS was the first package shipped via FedEx for me in years, so I don't have too much to go off from them. Mine shipped completely loose with no padding, so I know that feeling.

#10534 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:20 AM

Well $99.99 is MSRP now according to Nintendo so who knows. https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/buynow/

Nice catch! Interesting that it only mentions Walmart. I have to wonder if they had quietly stopped producing the 2DS XL and have a remaining stockpile that is now going out to Walmart only for whatever reason.

#10535 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6807 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

One theory I have is Nintendo's American warehouse has stopped shipping out items for the past 2-3 months since COVID lockdowns started. If you go on their site, all the physical items shows up as OOS but they were all in stock before.

All that inventory is still (presumably) in those warehouses. They may have shipped out their inventory of 2DSs to Walmart to clear stock and make some money for those warehouse workers that haven't been able to work with the closures.

#10536 NDPsycho   Magically Delicious CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NDPsycho

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:57 AM

Thanks for the 2ds tip, was able to pick it up in store, which they didn't have last week.  There were over 8 in the case, and I was also happy to find the purple/orange joy cons for $69 that also weren't there last week.  Couldn't find them anywhere other than third party sellers when I last looked.

#10537 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

lol weird that it's the new MSRP, I wonder if Nintendo bothered to make more or if this is running out old stock

Just wanna say at my Walmart they found the 2DS XL in the way back of the store, not in the cage behind the electronics register, so if you don't see it hanging out in the cage before bothering an employee go ahead and bother them if you otherwise think it's in stock lol

#10538 jrc84  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

I am tempted on this DS deal...but I tried the demo switch lite and just can't see the screen well; everything is just too tiny and looks like it belongs on a TV. How does this DS compare to the lite for handheld viewing?

#10539 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7789 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

lol weird that it's the new MSRP, I wonder if Nintendo bothered to make more or if this is running out old stock

Just wanna say at my Walmart they found the 2DS XL in the way back of the store, not in the cage behind the electronics register, so if you don't see it hanging out in the cage before bothering an employee go ahead and bother them if you otherwise think it's in stock lol

The box is exceptionally small, so I could see the systems quietly "walking away" if they weren't locked up in the cage.  I got mine this morning, and I had a difficult time with the ship to store pickup because the machine was down.  But I was able to get it, and there were single copies of Bravely Second and Hey Pikmin for 3DS left in the electronics section.  They were $11 and $15 respectively.  

#10540 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

Just picked up a wd blue 250gb ssd for $13. Looks like the 250gb portable ssd were $13 as well but mine was sold out.

Also picked up a bunch of dual pack pony elite sd cards and micro sd cards for $2.50 each.

#10541 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

Just picked up a wd blue 250gb ssd for $13. Looks like the 250gb portable ssd were $13 as well but mine was sold out.

Also picked up a bunch of dual pack pony elite sd cards and micro sd cards for $2.50 each.

Mine are all sold out. Here is the link for anyone interested.

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=519977322

I don't know the sku for the portable ones.

#10542 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Mine are all sold out. Here is the link for anyone interested.
https://brickseek.co...r?sku=519977322

I don't know the sku for the portable ones.

Not sure if this is the one you’re referring to, but I found one that’s on clearance for $17.

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=484082304

In some real life news, I’m going to try to take some time for myself and stop posting/lurking on these boards for awhile. Will place in spoilers so no one accidentally reads it and gets upset with me wasting their time.

Spoiler

Stay safe, be smart, and be well, fellow CAGs.

#10543 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1388 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:41 PM

Not sure if this is the one you’re referring to, but I found one that’s on clearance for $17.

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=484082304

In some real life news, I’m going to try to take some time for myself and stop posting/lurking on these boards for awhile. Will place in spoilers so no one accidentally reads it and gets upset with me wasting their time.

Spoiler

Stay safe, be smart, and be well, fellow CAGs.

Wow!!! I am so sorry to hear that, always gotta be nutty people causing unnecessary destruction. Praying for you and your fellow employees as well as the owners. Everyone will definitely come back stronger than ever.

#10544 dinsosaurx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

dinsosaurx

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:40 PM

Seems like all the 2DS xls are the black/blue ones. But sweet deal.

#10545 reaperwilly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

reaperwilly

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

Hey that portable ssd for 17 dollars, will it work for storing my digital games? Ps4 getting full.

#10546 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

trchavez,

I'm really sorry to hear about this.  I hope that you, your family, coworkers, and bosses make it through these times.  I'm glad that no one was at work when this happened.

It's really unfortunate that people are taking a serious cause and trying to profit from it by stealing, vandalizing, and hurting others. 

#10547 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14867 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:21 AM

Hey that portable ssd for 17 dollars, will it work for storing my digital games? Ps4 getting full.

It's only 250GB, so that's only around 10 AAA games.

#10548 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:49 AM

Picked up SSB on Wii U for $5 tonight. Also found PS4 DQ XI Echoes Of An Elusive Age for $19 (Both standard & Edition of Light versions), WWE 2k20 Deluxe for $19,  & XB1 Diablo III Eternal Collection for $15. Saw some other stuff too but didn't get too crazy.

#10549 severdheartdies   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

severdheartdies

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:04 AM

Picked up:
Strange Brigade (X1) - $7
Agents of Mayhem (X1) - $3
Metal Gear Survive (X1) - $9
XCOM 2 Collection (X1) - $9
Ever Oasis (3DS) - $15
Fire Emblem Warriors (3DS) - $15

#10550 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:22 AM

It could easily be more than that. Most devs are just too lazy/not good enough/don't care to optimize space. Nintendo is probably the best at it or they care the most. CD Project red fitting The Witcher 3 and both DLCs on a 32GB Switch cart is proof that devs can make games take up less space. I've read that the new Call of Duty game is almost 200 GB. That's straight up asinine.

#10551 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

Seems like all the 2DS xls are the black/blue ones. But sweet deal.

When I mentioned a few days ago about seeing them on Brickseek and going the next town over to see if they had them, Brickseek only had the white/orange ones with an inventory.  But the store didn't have them out.  

Luckily I went to my hometown store on Friday for groceries and saw they had 4 of the black/turquoise ones, which were previously out of stock on Brickseek so they must've just re-stocked recently.

#10552 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

Those backbutton attachments for ps4 in stock again checked brickseek only a few Walmart’s had them in my area

#10553 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Not even since some are 40-80gb or more.

I just read one of the previous call of duty games was over 150.

#10554 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3800 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Haha, I always laugh when I hear that outside. Usually its Prime for me, as those guys couldn't care less. UPS dropped the ball hard for me but they've been doing really well lately. The USPS has been an absolute shitshow. My 2DS was the first package shipped via FedEx for me in years, so I don't have too much to go off from them. Mine shipped completely loose with no padding, so I know that feeling.

Have a video doorbell and I've seen UPS throw the packages. Then theres the times where I dont see the person at all, but the package gets delivered. They're in such a rush, they do what it takes to get everything delivered on time.

Also something worth mentioning, is it apparently is worth checking the prices on display unit computers, as I was able to get a full set up this weekend for ~$500. Monitor (acer predator xb1), speakers (razer), desktop (i7-8700, gtx 1060, 250gb ssd, 1tbsp hdd), and mouse/kb.

#10555 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:59 AM

It could easily be more than that. Most devs are just too lazy/not good enough/don't care to optimize space. Nintendo is probably the best at it or they care the most. CD Project red fitting The Witcher 3 and both DLCs on a 32GB Switch cart is proof that devs can make games take up less space. I've read that the new Call of Duty game is almost 200 GB. That's straight up asinine.

True, though to be fair The Witcher 3 on Switch has downgraded visuals for obvious reasons. Not sure what to make of it but on the product page for the Game of the Year Edition on GOG it lists 35GB under the system requirements. I'm sort of curious as to how accurate that is.

https://www.gog.com/...he_year_edition

And yeah, Nintendo has always seemed to generally prioritize the optimization of their first-party games.

Have a video doorbell and I've seen UPS throw the packages. Then theres the times where I dont see the person at all, but the package gets delivered. They're in such a rush, they do what it takes to get everything delivered on time.

Also something worth mentioning, is it apparently is worth checking the prices on display unit computers, as I was able to get a full set up this weekend for ~$500. Monitor (acer predator xb1), speakers (razer), desktop (i7-8700, gtx 1060, 250gb ssd, 1tbsp hdd), and mouse/kb.

Also, not sure how careless Amazon is or not but their delivery people are always on quite a time crunch from what I understand.

#10556 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:06 AM

Yeah from the news articles shipping is nearly worse than holiday level right now.

#10557 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=723771490

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=171957719

Dead or Alive 6 X1 & PS4 $9.88

My area's WMs are closed right now, when things return, happy hunting!

#10558 deadtrees   ... CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

Blackweb and Onn 4 foot HDMI cables dropped to $1 in a bunch of stores. In Marlton NJ, items with a May 14th clearance label had additional drops: GE 4 outlet surge protectors labelled as $30 rang up as $13, Blackweb HDMI switches labelled as $17 rang up as $7, random $5 accessories rang up as $1, yadda yadda yadda.

#10559 knothead65  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:08 AM

2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Pre-installed (black and Turquoise) $99 at Walmart https://www.walmart....wh3Y0&sharedid=

#10560 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

Yeah I got an email saying it had apparently at 11:50 yesterday.  Went on this morning and it's back out of stock and the price is back up to 129.99.