* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10561 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Since we found out about the $99 2DS XLs last week, they are finally sold out near me except at one store out of ten. That didn't take long.

#10562 ufjason1  

ufjason1

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

Have a video doorbell and I've seen UPS throw the packages. Then theres the times where I dont see the person at all, but the package gets delivered. They're in such a rush, they do what it takes to get everything delivered on time.

Also something worth mentioning, is it apparently is worth checking the prices on display unit computers, as I was able to get a full set up this weekend for ~$500. Monitor (acer predator xb1), speakers (razer), desktop (i7-8700, gtx 1060, 250gb ssd, 1tbsp hdd), and mouse/kb.

Prices and models for individual components? Way too vague.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#10563 ufjason1  

ufjason1

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

To upgrade my Synology storage in my Xpenology on metal NAS, try harder buddy

edit: and the 4TB went to the free Xbone X I got in the Gamestop glitch that you fuckheads wouldn't share with the forum

keyboard guy is why i stopped sharing deals on this turd of a thread

What was the GameStop glitch where you got a free Xbox one x?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#10564 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

Since we found out about the $99 2DS XLs last week, they are finally sold out near me except at one store out of ten. That didn't take long.

$99 seems to be the new MSRP

They are online for sale at walmart

https://www.walmart....uoise/652383534

#10565 deadtrees   ... CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

Clearance stuff found in NJ:

West Berlin, NJ:
:xb1:
Control $20
Devil May Cry 5 $10
Sea of Thieves $15
Minecraft $9
Destiny 2 Forsaken $9
For Honor: Marching Fire Edition $9
Titanfall 2 $9
Middle Earth: Shadow of War $9
We Happy Few $9
Conan Exiles $9
Shadow of the Tomb Raider $9 (one copy)
Hitman 2 $7 (one copy)

:ps4:
Destiny 2 Forsaken $9

:switch:
Killer Queen Black $10

:pc:
Atari Vault $1.00

Somerdale, NJ:
:ps4: (not too many copies of these)
Control $15
Greedfall $15
Medievil $15
Kingdom Hearts III $10
Ghost Recon Wildlands $10
The Crew 2 $10

Deptford NJ:
:ps4:
Indivisible $9

:xb1:
XCOM 2 $3

#10566 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:30 AM

woohoo finally got an order in for the 2ds xl.  

#10567 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:47 AM

I know I said I was going to stay away for awhile, but this place is like heroin to me and if I'm going to be "working from home" for who knows how long, I want to make sure I get in on some cheap shit! I also wanted to thank everyone for the kind words earlier in the thread: it sounds cheesy as hell, but I am desperately trying to see the positive side of things for the benefit of my wife and two young daughters. In any case, I tried to consolidate the last few pages of deals that everyone was reporting on. This first price is the MSRP and the marked down price is the lowest price I've seen listed, either what others have reported or what I've seen personally in my local area. Please let me know if I missed anything in particular or if you find a better price somewhere near you and I'll edit this post with the updated information. Credit, as always, goes to the original posters; I'm also going to start keeping these link dumps in spoiler tags to at least ATTEMPT to prevent lurkers from getting the goods without putting in any work. Without further ado, here's what I found this time:

Spoiler

Stay well, fellow CAGs!

#10568 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

I know I said I was going to stay away for awhile, but this place is like heroin to me and if I'm going to be "working from home" for who knows how long, I want to make sure I get in on some cheap shit! I also wanted to thank everyone for the kind words earlier in the thread: it sounds cheesy as hell, but I am desperately trying to see the positive side of things for the benefit of my wife and two young daughters. In any case, I tried to consolidate the last few pages of deals that everyone was reporting on. This first price is the MSRP and the marked down price is the lowest price I've seen listed, either what others have reported or what I've seen personally in my local area. Please let me know if I missed anything in particular or if you find a better price somewhere near you and I'll edit this post with the updated information. Credit, as always, goes to the original posters; I'm also going to start keeping these link dumps in spoiler tags to at least ATTEMPT to prevent lurkers from getting the goods without putting in any work. Without further ado, here's what I found this time:

Spoiler

Stay well, fellow CAGs!

I think the SKU # for Mario Sports Superstars is actually this one since Walmart likes to put the UPC in the title:

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=54611191

#10569 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:52 AM

Spoiler

Stay well, fellow CAGs!

Very much appreciated. Thank you.

#10570 RaginHersh  

RaginHersh

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:53 AM

Picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 PS4 for $15. San Antonio,TX

#10571 sdotgamer  

sdotgamer

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:37 PM

Game to add to the 3 cent list:

Farming Simulator 2017 Platinum Edition (PC) - https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=56066393

Found 3 at a store 20 minutes from me marked with the 3 cent clearance tag, one other store about an hour from me claims to have stock also

#10572 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

Spoiler

Stay well, fellow CAGs!

Thank you! This is super helpful.

2 more for the list for Switch

Disgaea 5 Complete- $9
Layton's Mystery Journey -$25

#10573 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

picked up a few of those 18gbps 6 foot cables. store had a bunch for a $1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10574 ritchardf  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:24 AM

great list, so good IATCG just posted it on slick deals

#10575 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4437 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:27 AM

picked up a few of those 18gbps 6 foot cables. store had a bunch for a $1

do you have a link? I looked back a few pages and Nikita be overlooking. Thx!

#10576 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

do you have a link? I looked back a few pages and Nikita be overlooking. Thx!

https://www.walmart....Xr0I0&sharedid=

#10577 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6836 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:47 AM

https://slickdeals.n...-and-stock-ymmv

Of course he did. I'm not saying report it as "unable to replicate" but the button does exist 🤷🏾‍♂️

#10578 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:04 AM

I think the SKU # for Mario Sports Superstars is actually this one since Walmart likes to put the UPC in the title:

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=54611191

Thank you! I updated the post w/ the new link and appropriate SKU.

Thank you! This is super helpful.

2 more for the list for Switch

Disgaea 5 Complete- $9
Layton's Mystery Journey -$25

Thanks for these! Added to the list.

great list, so good IATCG just posted it on slick deals

Wait, what? I was reposted by a CAG legend? I'm honored! :lol:

https://slickdeals.n...-and-stock-ymmv

Of course he did. I'm not saying report it as "unable to replicate" but the button does exist ‍♂

Hey, at least he gave me credit! I know he's been a pain in a lot of other people's sides here because of the penny guides and his apparent blood vendetta against Gamestop, but still...I don't know, I can't help but feel kinda bad for him. Then again, I'm not sure I know all the facts about his tenure here, so maybe I should just shut my mouth before I say something too judgmental or condescending... :fridge:

#10579 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

My laptop screen officially stopped working so it's essentially a desktop now. I shut it down so I could wipe some dust off the keyboard and screen and when I turned it on, the screen was way worse and then me trying to see if I can fix it just made it worse and now it's all white so I'll be really looking for a 17 inch laptop now. Checking this and some other sites for any good deals.

#10580 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:48 AM

My laptop screen officially stopped working so it's essentially a desktop now. I shut it down so I could wipe some dust off the keyboard and screen and when I turned it on, the screen was way worse and then me trying to see if I can fix it just made it worse and now it's all white so I'll be really looking for a 17 inch laptop now. Checking this and some other sites for any good deals.

A quick Google search of the major electronics stores and retailers showed me there definitely isn't much out there for 17-inch display laptops...the only semi-decent thing under $600 I could find was this Lenovo on Office Depot's website for $480-ish: https://www.officede...top-173-Screen/

#10581 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:05 AM

A quick Google search of the major electronics stores and retailers showed me there definitely isn't much out there for 17-inch display laptops...the only semi-decent thing under $600 I could find was this Lenovo on Office Depot's website for $480-ish: https://www.officede...top-173-Screen/

Thanks for looking out. I would need it to be able to play pretty much all of the free games Epic and Twitch Prime have been giving away and I doubt that one would be able to. I have been looking at some used local ones and I can find some for around $500 but they are all at least 5 years old and I'd want a newer one obviously. Some of these people are delusional with what they are asking for such old laptops. I see some that are 8 and 9 years old and they want $800 for them. I'll keep hoping I can find a clearance one at Walmart or somewhere else. I also might just divide the money up and get a non gaming laptop and a PC that is powerful enough for what games I want to play on it. I see some good deals on barely used and fairly new non gaming laptops locally.

#10582 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for looking out. I would need it to be able to play pretty much all of the free games Epic and Twitch Prime have been giving away and I doubt that one would be able to. I have been looking at some used local ones and I can find some for around $500 but they are all at least 5 years old and I'd want a newer one obviously. Some of these people are delusional with what they are asking for such old laptops. I see some that are 8 and 9 years old and they want $800 for them. I'll keep hoping I can find a clearance one at Walmart or somewhere else. I also might just divide the money up and get a non gaming laptop and a PC that is powerful enough for what games I want to play on it. I see some good deals on barely used and fairly new non gaming laptops locally.

I’m kinda in a similar situation. I’m a ACMT/ACIT certified technician, but there are certain things that you just HAVE to do on Windows, so I’m looking for a cheap PC laptop w/ a decent display that I can put an SSD and upgraded RAM into for some basic tasks, and even some light gaming when inspiration hits. I won’t sully my MacBook Pro by installing Windows on it via Boot Camp.

#10583 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14915 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:03 AM

Just do the opposite and visit SD for some deals. There are a few that come out every so often, like this one that has a good graphics card: 

Acer - Nitro 5 15.6" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 - 256GB SSD - Obsidian Black

It's also better to get one that already has the graphics card and then upgrade the RAM and SSD as you need them, instead of finding a small form factor graphics card that fits your laptop.

I haven't seen much that's any good at Walmart. Overpowered/their rebrand are sometimes available, and those are the best you'll find there.  Usually the clearance laptops are very basic and aren't suitable for gaming. They'll have good desktops on clearance because more Walmart shoppers buy the laptops.

Apple products cost an arm and a leg, so you shouldn't have trouble spending less for a much better OS and UI...

#10584 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:28 AM

It has to be a 17 inch laptop. I tried a 15.6 inch and I took it back. I can't have anything smaller.

#10585 Zantra  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

My "New" 2DS XL is coming on Saturday after two days of processing. I'm glad that it wasn't cancelled, it seems like a lot of people are having their orders cancelled, and I have seen articles saying that Nintendo has quietly discontinued the console.

#10586 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:00 PM

My "New" 2DS XL is coming on Saturday after two days of processing. I'm glad that it wasn't cancelled, it seems like a lot of people are having their orders cancelled, and I have seen articles saying that Nintendo has quietly discontinued the console.

Mine shipped and will be here next week so I am happy.  People already posted in thread a while ago that the 2ds stopped production so what's left is it.  Thus why so many people are trying to get one on top of the current situation as odds are this is the lowest they will go new (unless you get very lucky on awd and find a dinger) and they will go up in price I am sure after this point forward.

#10587 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

Spoiler

Stay well, fellow CAGs!

Was able to find Hyrule warriors definitive for 19 thanks a lot.

#10588 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14176 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

Local store had 1-2 Switch and Paper Mario. I grabbed those.

Considered Bayo 2, but I have it on Wii U. Might hope it drops lower than $29.

Couple of the other games were in stock, but nothing else I really wanted.

#10589 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14915 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:27 PM

It has to be a 17 inch laptop. I tried a 15.6 inch and I took it back. I can't have anything smaller.

For keyboard size or screen? I find the difference to be minimal, though I've had issues with more easily cracked screens on 17" laptops. They'll cost a bit more anyway, and you'll also have to watch out for blur if the resolution is too low on the budget models. Integrated GPUs with a larger screen usually lead to slightly blurry text. That's one area where the more expensive Macbooks shine, the screens look great.

I think you were posting a few months ago in the Steam thread about wanting one. If memory serves from recent years, the old model clearance will start either this month or next to make way for newer back-to-school laptops. Overpowered is good for the price. Good luck.

#10590 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:49 PM

Got my first 3 cent game. Farming Simulator 17. Don't know why I want it. Just never had a 3 cent game work out before. I'm finally a real CAG...