* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10801 Rusty022   Broke because of CAG CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

I wouldn’t bother, I went on a wild goose chase for those a and all I got was sass from an associate. Seems like all the TVs around here have been wiped out since the stimulus checks came out.

Yea they ended up being out of them. I wanted to get out of the house, so worth a drive.

#10802 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

Grabbed Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4 for $10 a few days ago.  Must've been a new addition as it wasn't with the clearance rack before.  I've been waiting on Wolfenstein 2 to drop below $15 for a few weeks now.

#10803 Nirvanaguy777   Last Son of South Brooklyn CAGiversary!   6537 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Nirvanaguy777

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

Walmart in Brunswick, Maine had my friend pedro on switch for 10 dollars. Not really my kinda game but I copped it anyways.

#10804 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

We have a brunswick in ohio didn't know there was one in maine.

#10805 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Got Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 3DS for $19

#10806 nevk  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

Found some good deals recently at the Walmart:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $29.99 - was especially excited about this since its apparently out of print
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS - $11
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - $5
Mario & Luigi BIS - $19.82

Hopefully I’ll find a cheap Metroid Samus Returns today.

#10807 nevk  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

double post

#10808 Kitsumari  

Kitsumari

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:41 PM

Found some good deals recently at the Walmart:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $29.99 - was especially excited about this since its apparently out of print
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS - $11
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - $5
Mario & Luigi BIS - $19.82

Hopefully I’ll find a cheap Metroid Samus Returns today.

Is Mario and Luigi BIS worth it? I feel like $19 is still a bit much, but there is only one left at my WM so I am on the fence.

#10809 chard19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:15 PM

So you're my competition. I'm in Berea

#10810 nevk  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:17 PM

I agree, Mario & Luigi BIS may have been too much since it’s $30 regular price, but it reviews well so I went for it.
Hoping for a big 3DS game sale sometime soon, like that $15 off sale a while back.

#10811 nevk  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Is Berea in Kentucky? If so I’m nowhere near you, so not to worry :)

#10812 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

You are the first person from Ohio I have met here. I'll try to keep you in mind if I find anything near you.

#10813 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Is Berea in Kentucky? If so I’m nowhere near you, so not to worry :)

I think they ment Ohio as there's a Berea in my state.

#10814 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:59 PM

I agree, Mario & Luigi BIS may have been too much since it’s $30 regular price, but it reviews well so I went for it.
Hoping for a big 3DS game sale sometime soon, like that $15 off sale a while back.

MSRP on Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is actually $40. As far as 3DS games go not many places seems to have much games anymore and any remaining stock is gradually drying up so personally I wouldn't expect anything beyond random clearance deals from here on out.

#10815 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

Got:

Fallout:NV Ultimate Edition (XB1/360) - $12
Pikmin! (3DS) - $11
Battlechasers (Switch) - $7
Star Fox Zero Guard Bundle (WiiU) - $15
Chaotic Shadow Warriors (Wii) - $9

Overpaid for Star Fox and Shadow Warriors but the first is my first WiiU game and the other is my only sealed Wii game, so I figured why not since I was there. Not sure if the box that both star foxes come in is supposed to be factory sealed or not but this one wasn't and looked like it had been open before, but both games were inside and sealed.

Thanks for the list of drops. Unfortunately, 95% of them are not dropped in my area and the 5% that are are OOS. The one I went to though had TONS of stuff listed as OOS on BS. My store had a few fantasy life's that I wouldve loved to have grabbed but they showed as full price on BS :/.

I've also never seen a clearance sticker on anything video game related ever at walmart. Manually entering in each game at BS when I'm there takes way too long lol.

#10816 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:16 PM

You are the first person from Ohio I have met here. I'll try to keep you in mind if I find anything near you.

I'm just across the border. You keep hitting me with all these Cleveland-area cities.

My only two real observances... Melt is so amazing and the movie theater in the Strongsville mall is crazy.

#10817 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5761 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:56 AM

I'm just across the border. You keep hitting me with all these Cleveland-area cities.

My only two real observances... Melt is so amazing and the movie theater in the Strongsville mall is crazy.

Melt is absolutely amazing!

#10818 nevk  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:28 AM

Found Dragon Quest VII (3DS) for $15, woot.
Also went on a hunt for Metroid: Samus Returns. According to brickseek there were 2-3 copies for $11 each, but they were not there, despite digging through everything. I think they had them hidden somewhere lol

#10819 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:53 PM

Found Dragon Quest VII (3DS) for $15, woot.
Also went on a hunt for Metroid: Samus Returns. According to brickseek there were 2-3 copies for $11 each, but they were not there, despite digging through everything. I think they had them hidden somewhere lol

When this happens you pull up the barcode on brickseek and have an associate scan it and ask them if they might have it in back. I've gotten many games this way when I haven't found them out on the salesfloor.

#10820 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

When this happens you pull up the barcode on brickseek and have an associate scan it and ask them if they might have it in back. I've gotten many games this way when I haven't found them out on the salesfloor.

Consider yourself lucky then because my experiences with the associates at the stores in my area have generally been that they are either dismissive, too lazy to bother, or both.

#10821 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:39 PM

Consider yourself lucky then because my experiences with the associates at the stores in my area have generally been that they are either dismissive, too lazy to bother, or both.

Ask for a manager then

#10822 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

Ask for a manager then

I just did this last night. This guy in electronics refused to sell me more than 1 copy of any game. So I purchased 1 of each game I wanted then I went to customer service and asked for a manager. Explained I wanted to purchase more games but the guy said I couldn't. Manager went back to games with me and let me get what I wanted. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get what you want. Not in a dick way either, always be nice until it's time to not be nice! (quote from Roadhouse, I couldn't resist) lol

#10823 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1487 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:28 PM

I enjoy this thread, Rarely post because I can find anything. But that changed today.i was going to buy these anyway but when the lady scanned them they rang at $3 a piece!
20200703_145715.jpg

#10824 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:50 PM

Ask for a manager then

I could, though for how often I'd have to do it it would be a significant hassle. And I suspect chances are they wouldn't be able to find the items anyway with how messy they seem to be with inventory management and they are probably misplaced and rotting in some obscure spot where one day years from now they will be 'discovered'. Plus don't have any faith that seeking out a manager every time this happened would actually effect any change in the end. For me at least it's night and day between Walmart and Target for example asking to check for (and realistically find) something in the back.

#10825 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:16 PM

I could, though for how often I'd have to do it it would be a significant hassle. And I suspect chances are they wouldn't be able to find the items anyway with how messy they seem to be with inventory management and they are probably misplaced and rotting in some obscure spot where one day years from now they will be 'discovered'. Plus don't have any faith that seeking out a manager every time this happened would actually effect any change in the end. For me at least it's night and day between Walmart and Target for example asking to check for (and realistically find) something in the back.

Yea that's not very good advice. Managers are usually more incompetent than the normal associates. The one time I had asked for a manager during the start of the new 2ds xl craze when stores were showing 3+ in stock I waited 10 minutes for one to finally come just to be told "we don't have any". I asked to for him to check in the back, he pulled his mask down, and said "if they aren't on the floor we don't have any".

So that was a waste of time.

I just did this last night. This guy in electronics refused to sell me more than 1 copy of any game. So I purchased 1 of each game I wanted then I went to customer service and asked for a manager. Explained I wanted to purchase more games but the guy said I couldn't. Manager went back to games with me and let me get what I wanted. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get what you want. Not in a dick way either, always be nice until it's time to not be nice! (quote from Roadhouse, I couldn't resist) lol

In this case, I dont blame him. Why do you need two copies of the same game?

#10826 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:29 PM

I'll often buy multiple copies on good deals for myself and friends, they'll do the same. Of perhaps he collects and wants to play the game too without opening?

There are non nefarious reasons..

#10827 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:16 AM

I enjoy this thread, Rarely post because I can find anything. But that changed today.i was going to buy these anyway but when the lady scanned them they rang at $3 a piece!
attachicon.gif20200703_145715.jpg

if nothing else radiant historia is a steal at that price.  Congrats.

#10828 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:18 AM

I'll often buy multiple copies on good deals for myself and friends, they'll do the same. Of perhaps he collects and wants to play the game too without opening?

There are non nefarious reasons..

Or for kids, spouse so on and so forth. 

#10829 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:13 AM

I'm guessing you don't think about giving them as gifts to others.

#10830 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14886 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:17 AM

Far more likely that you're using the "I'm giving it to people as gifts" excuse to deny that you're buying multiple copies of a clearance item to resell. This is why almost everyone buys multiples of an item. Most of my friends are gamer nerds, and only one of them ever bought me a video game for ANY occasion. That happened 10 years ago. Spouses and kids can be acceptable if you have nothing else of value to give them, but I don't see friends doing this. Unless you are all exceptionally charitable super nerds who don't have real-world wishes your friends could fulfill, then I call bullshit.

Nobody cares who believes who, but don't gang up on this dude with this altruistic nonsense. Know you're in the minority of adults who give their friends physical games instead of favors, useful shit, memories, or booze.