* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#11701 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6941 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:04 AM

Any chance of getting a SKU for those? I'd like to see if they're available in my area.

Go to BrickSeek and search for it in the SKU finder.

#11702 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8812 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:23 AM

Any chance of getting a SKU for those? I'd like to see if they're available in my area.

Well, not from me, I won't be going back to that store until December. But you should be able to get the SKU from the Walmart site, and you can use that in Brickseek to check the actual price.

#11703 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:22 AM

Do Walmart clearance prices ever go up or is Brickseek being weird for me? I had been looking at a game that Brickseek said was only available at a few stores in the area but I never bothered to look for it. Weeks later, Brickseek is saying it's at a lot more stores but the price went up.

#11704 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7076 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:24 AM

Thought the controller for $21.91 was a good deal but this takes the cake.

Spoiler

#11705 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5809 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:52 AM

For that price I would go full on oprah and give them away at work.

#11706 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15025 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

For that price I would go full on oprah and give them away at work.

But then they'd say, "Sweet, thanks! What games should I get for it?"

And you'd have to say, "Well, there's this God of War clone literally called Godfall. Then there's a Spider-Man game...and then everything else is a port or remake."

And they'd go home and list it on ebay for $2000 like the rest of the scumbags.

#11707 scraggly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

scraggly

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:33 PM

But then they'd say, "Sweet, thanks! What games should I get for it?"

And you'd have to say, "Well, there's this God of War clone literally called Godfall. Then there's a Spider-Man game...and then everything else is a port or remake."

And they'd go home and list it on ebay for $2000 like the rest of the scumbags.

I wouldn't call the people reselling "scumbags". Now if this was a necessary item like medication, yeah.. but otherwise, they're just taking part in capitalism. Consoles are a luxury item, and no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. If someone is silly enough to want to buy a console at a purchase point well above MSRP when very few games exist for the system and knowing that there could be issues that prevent them from playing, then let them do so. It's their money to spend.

#11708 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

I wouldn't call the people reselling "scumbags". Now if this was a necessary item like medication, yeah.. but otherwise, they're just taking part in capitalism. Consoles are a luxury item, and no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. If someone is silly enough to want to buy a console at a purchase point well above MSRP when very few games exist for the system and knowing that there could be issues that prevent them from playing, then let them do so. It's their money to spend.

There's a fine line between opportunist and scumbag.  I dont disagree with what you said but there's a reason the U.S. has laws about monopolies and price gouging. I know this is neither of those situations but "just taking part in capitalism" seems like an excuse that gets thrown around a lot.  The guys that bought all of the hand sanitizer in their area, sold it for ridiculous prices and were later arrested said something similar.

#11709 scraggly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

scraggly

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:24 PM

There's a fine line between opportunist and scumbag.  I dont disagree with what you said but there's a reason the U.S. has laws about monopolies and price gouging. I know this is neither of those situations but "just taking part in capitalism" seems like an excuse that gets thrown around a lot.  The guys that bought all of the hand sanitizer in their area, sold it for ridiculous prices and were later arrested said something similar.

There is a world of difference between hand sanitizer and video game consoles. I'm sorry that you can't recognize that.

#11710 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

Thought the controller for $21.91 was a good deal but this takes the cake.

Spoiler

Holy Hell lol

#11711 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

While you are quite right that video games are and always have been a luxury and certainly not a necessity, I would also say that when you are talking about a very much artificially-created situation that leads to scalping it just seems really scummy regardless. It's not natural supply & demand. It's thoroughly contrived.

edit: I'm not interested or in the market for either a PS5 or a Xbox Series X so I have no horse in this race.

#11712 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

Did anybody receive their copy of Miles Morales for the discounted price? I thought they were cancelling mine but not only are they shipping me the game, they still sent me the gift card.

#11713 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

While you are quite right that video games are and always have been a luxury and certainly not a necessity, I would also say that when you are talking about a very much artificially created situation that leads to scalping it just seems really scummy regardless. It's not natural supply & demand. It's thoroughly contrived.

Actually this is the very essence of supply and demand.

#11714 jrc84  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:23 PM

Reading through this thread looking for deals leaves me pondering a single question...pro-scalper or anti-capitalist?

#11715 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:09 PM

Or you could just wait like a couple weeks and not pay the markup?  Isn't this what CAG people do by conditioning?

The bad launch titles will be there later folks lol

If scalpers want to spend their limit one per customer in line or whatever online preorder they were lucky enough to probably only get one of if they didn't make a program to snap them up when they went live to make a few hundred bucks, they probably need the money anyway.  It isn't something people who have things like decent health insurance plans typically spend their time doing en masse.

#11716 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:07 AM

They finally shipped my Walmart glitch spiderman and yeah I got the email gift card too since I ordered two separate and one was cancelled

#11717 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15025 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:13 AM

It's fine if you don't. I do.

I literally have 10 Christmas presents I put together to give to those giving tree charities. Books, toys, sports equipment, clothing--all stuff I found on clearance at Walmart. And I have maybe 14 pairs of thermal long johns I bought for $1 each this past summer to give to the homeless shelter, in addition to all of the household goods I bought for them. This is the time of the year when you give, not take.

Don't need validation or justification to think people who create artificial shortages are scumbags. Likewise, nobody needs my apology for my candor about their selfish behavior.

#11718 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:10 AM

Sandisk 128GB MicroSD cards for $5-$13 (BF Pricing?)-

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=375806508

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=999788912

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=525764488

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=771198799

#11719 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6829 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:30 PM

Or you could just wait like a couple weeks and not pay the markup? Isn't this what CAG people do by conditioning?

The bad launch titles will be there later folks lol

If scalpers want to spend their limit one per customer in line or whatever online preorder they were lucky enough to probably only get one of if they didn't make a program to snap them up when they went live to make a few hundred bucks, they probably need the money anyway. It isn't something people who have things like decent health insurance plans typically spend their time doing en masse.

Bad launch titles? These are 100x better than the PS4’s. For me demons souls is worth the price alone. Astro bot, miles morales, cod and assassins creed are all good too, not to mention there’s actual backwards compatibility with better performing/upgraded titles.

#11720 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:23 AM

Bad launch titles? These are 100x better than the PS4’s. For me demons souls is worth the price alone. Astro bot, miles morales, cod and assassins creed are all good too, not to mention there’s actual backwards compatibility with better performing/upgraded titles.

It's great to hear PS5's unremarkable launch is 100 times better than PS4's which had nothing to remark on and replete with the latest propaganda from Activision.  The upgraded port of Demon's Souls sounds nice, but I think the experience of the upgraded 11 year old Demon's Souls will be just as fresh a few weeks from the PS5 launch, unless you're afraid of spoilers or something.

I could see a valid reason for wanting a PS5 on launch day if you're afraid later models won't be backwards compatible any more, PS3 sure dropped that in a flash, it is Sony I guess. 

#11721 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5809 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:33 AM

It's great to hear PS5's unremarkable launch is 100 times better than PS4's which had nothing to remark on and replete with the latest propaganda from Activision.  The upgraded port of Demon's Souls sounds nice, but I think the experience of the upgraded 11 year old Demon's Souls will be just as fresh a few weeks from the PS5 launch, unless you're afraid of spoilers or something.

I could see a valid reason for wanting a PS5 on launch day if you're afraid later models won't be backwards compatible any more, PS3 sure dropped that in a flash, it is Sony I guess. 

Yeah the only way I would pick up a launch model is if they pull the same nonsense as with the ps3.

#11722 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:21 PM

I think Brickseek broke again. I'm not getting search results.

#11723 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:39 PM

I think Brickseek broke again. I'm not getting search results.

Yep, there is a pop up message when you go to the site now that says their dev team is working on it. 

#11724 scraggly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

scraggly

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

Don't need validation or justification to think people who create artificial shortages are scumbags. Likewise, nobody needs my apology for my candor about their selfish behavior.

Blame the companies who produce limited stock then. They've known for generations now that people are buying consoles and re-selling them. I'd hardly say that the people doing the reselling are "selfish" either. Now if they were able to buy multiple consoles, then I could see that as being a selfish act, but they're limited to one AFAIK.

#11725 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:15 AM

Walmart.com has a couple games now for $9.99 including Infamous Second Son, nathan drake collection, god of war, banner saga collection if for any reason you don't want to buy them on Amazon or BestBuy.

#11726 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

Decent haul today:

wm-clearancegames-20201121.jpg

#11727 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

Tekken 7 PS4 $2 x3, got for replacement cases, giving two disc-only copies to friends, other I'm keeping complete.

Daemon X Machina for 15

LAyton for 9

XCom 2 for 5

Quantum Dream Collection 9

Doom Slayers Collection 9

Monkey King 2

Darksiders Genesis 5

Everything was Switch or PS4. That's my haul from yesterday, at least.

#11728 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:33 PM

Tekken 7 PS4 $2 x3, got for replacement cases, giving two disc-only copies to friends, other I'm keeping complete.
Daemon X Machina for 15
LAyton for 9
XCom 2 for 5
Quantum Dream Collection 9
Doom Slayers Collection 9
Monkey King 2
Darksiders Genesis 5

Everything was Switch or PS4. That's my haul from yesterday, at least.

Quantic dream collection with the slip cover is $9!!!???

#11729 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:42 PM

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - $4 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=625558304

Rime ps4 $1 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=623015069

#11730 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

Ghostbusters Remastered PS4 - $10 https://brickseek.co.../?sku=783823808

This was a new addition to my store's clearance games but when I looked it up on Brickseek, my store was the only one in the area that marked it down.