* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#12151 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:45 PM

Found one ff12 on switch for $19. Otherwise struck out at 5 Walmart’s around area. So many people looking too.

Damn son. Brickseek is your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12152 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:07 AM

I was out for almost six hours, hit five different stores.  Very happy with my haul. 

Switch:

Xenoblade - $10

Ni No Kuni - $5

Aladdin/Lion King - $5

Lego Marvel super heroes 2 - $5

Xbox:

Sims 4 with Star Wars pack - $5

Injustice 2 Legendary - $5

Diablo eternal Collection - $5

PS4:

Spyro Trilogy - $5

For the kiddo, also got:

minecraft backpack - $4

2 random beyblades - $2 each

Beyblade Hypershere Arena - $11

Nerf Shellstrike blaster - $3

Nerf Trilogy blaster - $7

Left multiples of everything still on the shelves, except lego marvel super heroes and the beyblades.  I got the last ones.  

Scoring clearance deals is so much fun.  Good luck to all CAGS still hunting. 

#12153 CGlade   Game On! CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:19 AM

Damn son. Brickseek is your friend.

No it wasn’t. Brickseek said there was plenty of stock. It was absolutely wrong.

#12154 CGlade   Game On! CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:19 AM

Double post

#12155 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:50 AM

I'll never understand why some retail employees or managers make up their own rules on the fly that are not company policy.

Because they would rather accidentally make up a rule than forget a rule and get fired from their already depressing job

#12156 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:01 AM

Best I could find was Bloodstained on Switch for $15. My Wal-Mart had Xenoblade, but wouldn't lower the price... it was still $50. Why are the Wal-Marts so stingy in this area? Why!?

#12157 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:11 AM

No it wasn’t. Brickseek said there was plenty of stock. It was absolutely wrong.

So you saw brickseek was wrong at the first store, then again about the second store, and you decided to go to three more after that?

#12158 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:11 AM

Double post

#12159 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:22 AM

lol.

Canadian gamers are like:

Canadian 1: Wow I got Diablo for $40!

Canadian 2: That's so cheap it's usually $65! You're so lucky!

American gamers are like:

American 1: Hey I got 7 copies of Diablo for 3 bucks and a blowjob, 3 to resell, 2 to give to my niece and nephew for their birthdays, one for my cat and one to play.

American 2: Bruh. That sucks. I bought for 10 whole dollars a few days ago. I'm gonna return rebuy it.

European Gamers: You guys are getting deals?

#12160 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:23 AM

lol. Canadian gamers are like. Wow I got Diablo for $40 that's so cheap it's usually $65 and American gamers are like Hey I got 7 copies of Diablo for 3 bucks and a blowjob, 3 to resell, 2 to give to my niece and nephew for their birthdays, one for my cat and one to play.

Best post I’ve seen in a while. Well done.

#12161 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:24 AM

lol. Canadian gamers are like. Wow I got Diablo for $40 that's so cheap it's usually $65 and American gamers are like Hey I got 7 copies of Diablo for 3 bucks and a blowjob, 3 to resell, 2 to give to my niece and nephew for their birthdays, one for my cat and one to play.

Best post I’ve seen in a while. Well done.

#12162 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4130 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:25 AM

after tax the $40 deal is like $50+ 

#12163 reaperwilly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

reaperwilly

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:28 AM

Grabbed some ni no kuni copies switch $5. One for each of the kids. Funny thing is, brickseek said there were none in stock. The store had 2 left. I never would have checked this store if it weren't for this thread. Thanks so much guys!!!

#12164 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:46 AM

Every 360/PS3 game ya'll have linked so far today is 3 cents in my area. Walmart must be finally getting rid of them for good I guess. Might try to go buy them all tomorrow at my store. Normally it's 50/50 if you can get an employee to sell you a 3 cent game at my store, but those games are the ones just sitting on the shelf so might be able to do it through self checkout since they tend to just take them out of the case and give them back for me to scan myself.

#12165 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2362 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:16 AM

All I've found were a couple of 3¢ 360 games and 3 copies of Rocket Arena

#12166 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11381 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:26 AM

:)

#12167 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11381 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:36 AM

I have Tokyo Mirage FE (Sealed) trade for Octopatch Traveler (Sealed) Copy.  Anyone interest PM me.  Thank :)

#12168 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:38 AM

Link dump for the most recent video game clearance finds: mostly piggybacking off of ThatOneGuyWho's excellent post here. The first price is the MSRP and the second is the lowest seen price that it's been reduced to, either personally or by other CAGs. As always, YMMV and all credit goes to the original posters:

Spoiler

I didn't take the time to look at all of the multi-platform games to see if they were all the same or similar clearance price, but it would stand to reason that if a PS4 copy of the game is on clearance, perhaps the XB1 version would be also? Of course, this is the insanity that is Wally World and the extreme YMMV-ness of the deals, but I would suggest to simply ask a WM employee to scan it (or do so yourself w/ your cell phone & WM app or use an in-store scanner if possible) and try your luck. Happy hunting, CAGs!

#12169 DrBayrd  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:39 AM

Walmart in Woodbridge, NJ refused to sell me a 3c rocket arena for ps4. No big deal since I have it on ps+ but the supervisor said we cannot sell it to you. She offered to sell it for $10 which I declined. She said we have to send it to claims since we are not allowed to sell this for 3 c. Escalated it to a manager and still no dice.
I have brought plenty of 3 c games before but never from that store. Overall bad experience and piss poor customer service. Mental note to avoid this particular store.
Self-checkout was not an option this time.

Edit: Btw why are some of you hesitant to say where you are getting your loot from? Share the locations of your successful plunder and leave some for your fellow CAGs too.

#12170 PsycoWayne23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

PsycoWayne23

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:39 AM

Went to several stores in my area and came out pretty good.

Switch

Arms $10

Octopath Traveler $10

Captain Tsubasa $10 

Xenoblade Chronicles $10

XCom 2 Collection $15

PS4

Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning $7

Spryo Reignited Trilogy $5

Sims 4 $5

Xbox One

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition $5

3DS

Yokai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls $1

Mario Kart 7 $5

New Super Mario Bros. 2 $5

Super Smash Bros. $5

Detective Pikachu $5

#12171 DrBayrd  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:48 AM

Link dump... Happy hunting, CAGs!

Bless your soul! We are so unworthy

#12172 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:42 AM

lol.

American 1: Hey I got 7 copies of Diablo for 3 bucks and a blowjob, 3 to resell, 2 to give to my niece and nephew for their birthdays, one for my cat and one to play.

American 2: Bruh. That sucks. I bought for 10 whole dollars a few days ago. I'm gonna return rebuy it.

how do you think Americans pay for health care?

Spoiler

#12173 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:19 AM

lol.

I'm scared to ask who the blowjob is for...

#12174 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:22 AM

Walmart in Woodbridge, NJ refused to sell me a 3c rocket arena for ps4. No big deal since I have it on ps+ but the supervisor said we cannot sell it to you. She offered to sell it for $10 which I declined. She said we have to send it to claims since we are not allowed to sell this for 3 c. Escalated it to a manager and still no dice.
I have brought plenty of 3 c games before but never from that store. Overall bad experience and piss poor customer service. Mental note to avoid this particular store.

Edit: Btw why are some of you hesitant to say where you are getting your loot from? Share the locations of your successful plunder and leave some for your fellow CAGs too.

Don't consider this piss poor customer service. They are supposed to take the $.03 games and send them back to claims. They usually get like $40 credit per game.

If they were rude, then yeah...piss poor. But they have the right to refuse a sale.

#12175 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1848 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:23 AM

Found one I don't think has been reported as of yet,

Doom Slayers Club Collection PS4 - $5.00

My store didn't have any copies but it's the price coming up at it & a few other stores in the region.

#12176 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

Woodbridge is just a god awful Walmart to begin with, me and my buddy never find anything good there to the point we just avoid the store altogether when hunting. BTW north Brunswick does not have Xenoblade even though brickseek says otherwise and same for freehold with Tokyo mirage, both are busts

#12177 DrBayrd  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

Don't consider this piss poor customer service. They are supposed to take the $.03 games and send them back to claims. They usually get like $40 credit per game.

You are right; piss poor was a bit harsh. It wasn’t the refusal of sale that was a problem. It was a combination of things. Yes it was busy on a Saturday afternoon. So a long wait just to get the games from the glass prison. Then another long wait on line. I ask to put the game in a plastic security case so I can checkout front bc electronics section is too busy with customers and only one cashier at the electronics register- but denied. Poor infrastructure begets poor customer service, which is probably just the norm at this particular store. It is not the worker’s fault- they were trying to be helpful and probably doing the best they could. It’s just... Walmart- which is probably why I don’t shop there much anyway.

#12178 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

Hmm brickseek.com is forcing me to get premium in order to see the results... is that happening with anyone else

#12179 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4743 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:57 PM

Well I found a real life ‘el hoardo’ yesterday. Stopped at a store that has generally been a good store to find rarities since it’s out of the way in between small towns. Was traveling with my partner and stopped by to pick up Mario Kart 7 3DS for us, and while an employee was helping us get the game out of the locked case, another customer asked for help getting another game. The employee asks which one, grabs the game, and the guy goes “I’d like all of them”. It was 5-6 copies of FIFA 18 for xbox for $.03. He knew the price beforehand since the shelf wasn’t definitely not tagged that price. 

#12180 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8518 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

Well I found a real life ‘el hoardo’ yesterday. Stopped at a store that has generally been a good store to find rarities since it’s out of the way in between small towns. Was traveling with my partner and stopped by to pick up Mario Kart 7 3DS for us, and while an employee was helping us get the game out of the locked case, another customer asked for help getting another game. The employee asks which one, grabs the game, and the guy goes “I’d like all of them”. It was 5-6 copies of FIFA 18 for xbox for $.03. He knew the price beforehand since the shelf wasn’t definitely not tagged that price. 

Maybe he needed the cases. He definitely wasn't buying them to flip them.  I actually bought a copy of FIFA 18 last month when it hit $3 to get the achievements.

I don't get angry about the people who buy old sports games.  It's the ones who buy up all the games that other people might actually play that make me angry.