* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#13171 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:46 PM

Yes the bitches, I knew it was them getting in my way of cheap video games all along!

Never could articulate it before but it all makes sense now

#13172 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:11 PM

Yes but the quality varies.  Stuff like that is seemingly perpetually on sale in the middle of the walk ways. I can't give you any specifics on brands or prices right now but I'll try to jot the info for ones at my nearest walmart down since I have to go in there later. 

It helps to know what knockoffs or generic brands have good parts and such in them vs high end name brands being low end parts and most people not knowing the difference. Plus all the extra stuff like how many hdmi ports it has, video ports for ps3/2/wii and so on.  I don't know about much of that since I just buy whatevers cheapest and has the most ports since I don't bother to do the research.

I would stay away from Walmart HDTVs if you want the top tier sets with more features and better qualities. They tend to sell low and mid grade sets from the manufacturers. I want the best pic I can afford and always buy a higher end model from the top brands when they go on sale. This is usually at Best Buy and stores like that who carry the better sets.

I am just looking at a 40 inch or bigger TV for a family member that just moved and has like a 27 inch or something pathetic and the used TV in the area on offerup and CL are comical. People wanting $150 for a 10 year old TV when I can buy a brand new one for like $50-100 more. I was hoping Walmart had a close out on some HDTV's but I couldn't find anything new. Was trying to find some older deals that the local store still might have. 

#13173 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:28 PM

I am just looking at a 40 inch or bigger TV for a family member that just moved and has like a 27 inch or something pathetic and the used TV in the area on offerup and CL are comical. People wanting $150 for a 10 year old TV when I can buy a brand new one for like $50-100 more. I was hoping Walmart had a close out on some HDTV's but I couldn't find anything new. Was trying to find some older deals that the local store still might have. 

https://www.walmart....5CV-U/44829924?

#13174 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:40 PM

My Vizio TV suffered some serious burn-in on the left side of the screen, so I pulled the trigger on this Element TV at Target this morning.  

https://www.target.c...331#lnk=sametab

I've never had a 4K TV before, so it was nice to treat myself for all of the overtime that I've been working lately.  I also got back 5% of the purchase price with Target Circle, so that was good too. 

My only complaint so far is the voice helper that started speaking by itself while I was setting it up.  It creeped me out, so I turned that feature off right away.  :shock:

#13175 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

The voice thing on the 55 inch phillips likes to talk alot about adroidwebview which sounds like android wuv you when the robot speaks. It also is occasionally screaming about maki service. Maki service on left maki service on right maki service. Drove me nuts.

#13176 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:42 PM

I wish Walmart would use a system like the old Kmart clearance system from 2005.  It was SO great.  All stores had the SAME clearance price for the games.  No issues with weird pricing differences between stores.

And the games would slowly go down in price so if there was something you wanted to play you could grab it for $15.  Then other stuff would go down and it wouldn't matter what the price on label was.  And the employees would just sell it to you without any weird BS if the price was low.

No games near me and that case that was locked last weekend was completely cleared out!  Kinda seems weird that there are so many locked cases that just happened to have a bunch of games.

Kmart's clearance-cycle system was truly the gold standard. Items didn't stay at minimal discounts forever (Best Buy), get saddled with lousy "Repackage" prices (Target) or suddenly drop to $0.03 and cause mass hysteria (Walmart). They just... started at a 15-30% off clearance percentage, then kept dropping if not sold. And once they stopped showing up in the system after the 70% drop, employees would sell them for either 90% off or an agreed-upon low price instead of panic-denying the sale altogether. 

And you could even get Little Caesar's on the way out! What's not to love? 

I miss Kmart so much, man. One of the best feelings for a video game collector was rolling up to a podunk Kmart and finding something like Dragon Quest VI or Kirby's Dream Collection long after they sold out elsewhere, and then having a cool employee hook you up with the 90% off out-of-system price. (Sighs, wistfully.)

#13177 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7080 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:43 PM

Are there any good deals on HDTVs?

I haven't seen many and those that I have have only been about 10% - 15% off.

Usually TVs go on sale during the summer when new models come out. Give it another month and we should be seeing a lot more TV deals. 

Here are a few I've seen though.

$150.00 VIZIO 43" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V436-G1

$166.60 VIZIO 40" Class FHD LED Smart TV D-Series D40f-G9

$236.30 VIZIO 43" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V435-H

$388.44 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H

$398.00 SAMSUNG 58" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN58TU7000 2020

$427.44 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN55TU8200 2020

#13178 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

Usually TVs go on sale during the summer when new models come out. Give it another month and we should be seeing a lot more TV deals.

$150.00 VIZIO 43" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V436-G1
$166.60 VIZIO 40" Class FHD LED Smart TV D-Series D40f-G9
$236.30 VIZIO 43" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V435-H
$388.44 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H
$398.00 SAMSUNG 58" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN58TU7000 2020
$427.44 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN55TU8200 2020

Thanks for this but none are in my area or are in the area but at a higher price.

#13179 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:05 AM

$150.00 VIZIO 43" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V436-G1

$166.60 VIZIO 40" Class FHD LED Smart TV D-Series D40f-G9

$236.30 VIZIO 43" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V435-H

$388.44 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H

$398.00 SAMSUNG 58" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN58TU7000 2020

$427.44 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN55TU8200 2020

My 40" Vizio suffered terrible burn in on the left side of the screen after two years.  I probably won't buy another Vizio as long as I live.  :bomb:

#13180 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:30 AM

Walk over to Best Buy and buy a TCL 6 Series or a good Hisense.

#13181 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:39 AM

Walk over to Best Buy and buy a TCL 6 Series or a good Hisense.

Trying to keep it around $200-250 so that's out of my price range. The people I'm buying it for won't appreciate a tv as good as that 6 series.

#13182 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6642 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:48 AM

Kmart's clearance-cycle system was truly the gold standard. Items didn't stay at minimal discounts forever (Best Buy), get saddled with lousy "Repackage" prices (Target) or suddenly drop to $0.03 and cause mass hysteria (Walmart). They just... started at a 15-30% off clearance percentage, then kept dropping if not sold. And once they stopped showing up in the system after the 70% drop, employees would sell them for either 90% off or an agreed-upon low price instead of panic-denying the sale altogether. 

And you could even get Little Caesar's on the way out! What's not to love? 

I miss Kmart so much, man. One of the best feelings for a video game collector was rolling up to a podunk Kmart and finding something like Dragon Quest VI or Kirby's Dream Collection long after they sold out elsewhere, and then having a cool employee hook you up with the 90% off out-of-system price. (Sighs, wistfully.)

Apparently there was lots not to love seeing as how there's probably less than 10 kmarts left nationwide.

#13183 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:47 AM

Trying to keep it around $200-250 so that's out of my price range. The people I'm buying it for won't appreciate a tv as good as that 6 series.

40 inch 3 series is $240 if they don't need 4k

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6302321

#13184 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:24 AM

Apparently there was lots not to love seeing as how there's probably less than 10 kmarts left nationwide.

Because most of them were converted to sears grands sadly.  It's stupid too as having a grocery section was a big draw as walmarts didn't have them back then so you could grab your groceries and then do clothing shopping for the kids and such. 

#13185 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:21 AM

Do all forms of making a profit make you cry or is it just resellers specifically?

It's pretty hard not to make a "profit" from 3 cent games, but looking at the general trends and availability of games/systems - it seems like everything is shifting back to pre-pandemic prices - Pokémon / handhelds / retro. I'm sure there are exceptions to that trend (ie - CIB cardboard stuff), but guessing most resellers have long liquidated their stock and taking whatever profit before it goes even lower? 

Before was most price levels set by Gamestop pricing / availability? Now that GS doesn't do retro wonder if amazon will start dictating price charting instead of ebay.... which I guess I can understand why someone would pay that much of a premium for 2 day prime... anyone here sell on amazon? Guessing you guys regularly flip from ebay to fba - is that trend changing as well?   :-k

#13186 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:45 PM

Not sure if many cags sell through Amazon. Iirc Amazon takes a larger percentage of the sale than others. Most people mentioned selling through Facebook these days.

#13187 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:59 PM

Anyone seen price drops on Sekiro? Seems like Brickseek doesn’t work as well as it used to and vaguely recall a few folks finding it discounted on here awhile back.

#13188 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7080 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:51 PM

Anyone seen price drops on Sekiro? Seems like Brickseek doesn’t work as well as it used to and vaguely recall a few folks finding it discounted on here awhile back.

Yes, bought it for $25 at a store near me. But all the other stores had it for MSRP.

#13189 toska  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:53 PM

i think its on the way out
dont think it will be in stock at all by november
have seen it go under 30 bucks like once

i paid 30 and i was more than satisfied with my purchase at the time
great game but polarizing it seems

#13190 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for this but none are in my area or are in the area but at a higher price.

I like to buy for whatever price nearby and then return it to a store brickseek listed it for the lowest price and then immediately rebuy it for that price. Just tell em you used the wrong card

#13191 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:40 PM

I like to buy for whatever price nearby and then return it to a store brickseek listed it for the lowest price and then immediately rebuy it for that price. Just tell em you used the wrong card

the stores i go to will tell me that i can't rebuy them until they're put back out

#13192 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:42 PM

i  still regret not buying this on clearance at meijer for $6 as i didn't know anything about it. went back the next day and all the copies were gone lol

#13193 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5643 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:10 AM

i  still regret not buying this on clearance at meijer for $6 as i didn't know anything about it. went back the next day and all the copies were gone lol

Keep looking, one may randomly pop back up. A hey you Pikachu and Diablo 3 popped up on me. 

#13194 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:44 AM

Keep looking, one may randomly pop back up. A hey you Pikachu and Diablo 3 popped up on me. 

Hey You Pikachu?  The N64 thing with the microphone?  I think I got that when it clearanced at Target for like $4 20 years ago.

It was not worth the $4.

#13195 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5643 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:11 AM

Hey You Pikachu?  The N64 thing with the microphone?  I think I got that when it clearanced at Target for like $4 20 years ago.

It was not worth the $4.

Let's Go Pikachu!! That's the one. 

#13196 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:01 AM

haha if hey you pikachus and other n64 titles were randomly popping up after all this time that would be something else. 

#13197 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:51 AM

the stores i go to will tell me that i can't rebuy them until they're put back out

Happened once to me too, asked for a manager and when they arrived they did the return/rebuy with no argument. “One less thing to put back on the shelf” they said

#13198 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6103 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:21 PM

buy mine $20 (Depends on System)

#13199 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:31 AM

It's pretty hard not to make a "profit" from 3 cent games, but looking at the general trends and availability of games/systems - it seems like everything is shifting back to pre-pandemic prices - Pokémon / handhelds / retro. I'm sure there are exceptions to that trend (ie - CIB cardboard stuff), but guessing most resellers have long liquidated their stock and taking whatever profit before it goes even lower?

Before was most price levels set by Gamestop pricing / availability? Now that GS doesn't do retro wonder if amazon will start dictating price charting instead of ebay.... which I guess I can understand why someone would pay that much of a premium for 2 day prime... anyone here sell on amazon? Guessing you guys regularly flip from ebay to fba - is that trend changing as well? :-k

I sell strictly on mercari, I watch eBay sales and I look at Amazon just to laugh at the prices and I wonder why the people paying $60 for wii fit don’t just buy it on eBay for $5 shipped…

I enjoy mercari, 3 days to rate and the order is complete, there’s none of that buyers remorse crap PayPal returns 2 months later or anything like that. I don’t do free shipping and I notice most people don’t as well. It’s just a super easy experience if your selling good games and you can describe something as you would want it.

I had 1 stressful experience out of 1000 sales, sold a taco bell one x buyer received it. Waited a day and requested a return he said unexpected bills came up and he hopes I will accept or it goes up to mercari….I did not accept the return messaged mercari that that Is no excuse to return….after a few hours they immediately completed the transaction giving me all my money.

#13200 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:40 AM

I sell strictly on mercari, I watch eBay sales and I look at Amazon just to laugh at the prices and I wonder why the people paying $60 for wii fit don’t just buy it on eBay for $5 shipped…

I enjoy mercari, 3 days to rate and the order is complete, there’s none of that buyers remorse crap PayPal returns 2 months later or anything like that. I don’t do free shipping and I notice most people don’t as well. It’s just a super easy experience if your selling good games and you can describe something as you would want it.

I had 1 stressful experience out of 1000 sales, sold a taco bell one x buyer received it. Waited a day and requested a return he said unexpected bills came up and he hopes I will accept or it goes up to mercari….I did not accept the return messaged mercari that that Is no excuse to return….after a few hours they immediately completed the transaction giving me all my money.

Online selling in general has gotten much harder in the last 3 or 4 years. The cut Amazon takes has become absurd, eBay has weird review policies that can basically allow people to wreck your rating because of their inability to read a listing, and the last minute return requests are crazy too. I used to sell online as a side hustle, but these days it’s just hard to justify because of all the shady people and outrageous fees. It’s easier to find deals and just enjoy stuff, but I rarely buy multiple copies of anything because of the sheer hassle that most online selling has become.