* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#13201 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:24 AM

clearance at meijer for $6

Wish I had Meijers or even any other used video game chains like I see in all the youtube videos!  :hot:

I sell strictly on mercari, I watch eBay sales and I look at Amazon just to laugh at the prices and I wonder why the people paying $60 for wii fit don’t just buy it on eBay for $5 shipped…

Whenever I looked at Mercari, there just didn't seem like much stock of anything, I guess I'm looking for obscure things... don't really plan on selling at the moment (no need for cash or space right now... renovating for more!)  =;

Online selling in general has gotten much harder in the last 3 or 4 years. The cut Amazon takes has become absurd, eBay has weird review policies that can basically allow people to wreck your rating because of their inability to read a listing, and the last minute return requests are crazy too. I used to sell online as a side hustle, but these days it’s just hard to justify because of all the shady people and outrageous fees. It’s easier to find deals and just enjoy stuff, but I rarely buy multiple copies of anything because of the sheer hassle that most online selling has become.

What are the typical cuts to sell on ebay / amazon / mercari via paypal (i don't even know what alternatives are to paypal these days... i know all the kids like to use Venmo!) From what I gather ~15% for ebay/mercari, and amazon ~20%?  :bomb:

#13202 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:08 AM

Wish I had Meijers or even any other used video game chains like I see in all the youtube videos!  :hot:

Whenever I looked at Mercari, there just didn't seem like much stock of anything, I guess I'm looking for obscure things... don't really plan on selling at the moment (no need for cash or space right now... renovating for more!)  =;

What are the typical cuts to sell on ebay / amazon / mercari via paypal (i don't even know what alternatives are to paypal these days... i know all the kids like to use Venmo!) From what I gather ~15% for ebay/mercari, and amazon ~20%?  :bomb:

Mercari is 10% plus whatever the random processing fee ends up being. Usually not higher than like 2$. 

They also require the buyer to send photos for a return in cases where the item isn't as described or damaged so compared to other places they have your back basically. And due to the auto rating system you'll always get feedback score unlike amazon and ebay.

#13203 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6104 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 06:01 AM

To be honest, I don’t even know anymore. Amazon has gotten ridiculously high in general and it varies by product. It’s not worth selling cheaper games anymore because for a $20 sale, something like $6-8 goes to Amazon. For bigger items, it offers better seller protection but expect a huge chunk … like you sell a collectible for $400 and they pocket $80. eBay is weird now because they completely dropped PayPal and just deposit directly into your bank account, but they give you a monthly bill so it feels like you’re making more but really aren’t.

If I were selling heavily today, I’d focus on FB Marketplace, NextDoor and maybe Craigslist … avoid fees, sell local … but still risky for higher end items.

Ended up finding a sealed copy of Sekiro for pickup on FB marketplace for $20 tonight. Grabbed it, not a great deal but the game really does seem like it’s getting harder to find.

#13204 patcrazystar64   Human Android CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

patcrazystar64

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:24 PM

Mercari is 10% plus whatever the random processing fee ends up being. Usually not higher than like 2$.
They also require the buyer to send photos for a return in cases where the item isn't as described or damaged so compared to other places they have your back basically. And due to the auto rating system you'll always get feedback score unlike amazon and ebay.

Mercari is now around 13% as they started to implement payment processing fees.

#13205 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1837 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:45 PM

Mercari is now around 13% as they started to implement payment processing fees.

I generally like Mercari but my only complaint is that there do not seem to be as many buyers as there are on ebay or amazon. I have had some items languish on Mercari at what I consider below ebay prices for weeks. I move the item over to ebay and it sells much more quickly. Granted what I am selling is sometimes pretty niche retro game stuff. Gamecube moves fast though. Might be a different demographic on Mercari

#13206 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7035 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:46 PM

All the major options has their perks. eBay and Amazon has more traffic so faster sales, Mercari is great for more niche items that might have a harder time selling elsewhere. 

I find that you can have success on any of those platforms if you focus on the right items. Enough money for anyone to make good profits.

#13207 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:31 PM

I sell mostly flea market and goodwill games items I buy. $15=12.76 cashout on mercari rn

So wait GameStop stopped selling retro ?

#13208 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:45 PM

I generally like Mercari but my only complaint is that there do not seem to be as many buyers as there are on ebay or amazon. I have had some items languish on Mercari at what I consider below ebay prices for weeks. I move the item over to ebay and it sells much more quickly. Granted what I am selling is sometimes pretty niche retro game stuff. Gamecube moves fast though. Might be a different demographic on Mercari

Huh, that's an interesting point about the GameCube stuff. I reckon Mercari, being younger and less established than eBay or Amazon, has had a harder time attracting the older 8-bit/16-bit collectors who are "set in their ways" versus the younger, more malleable gamers who feel strong nostalgia for the 2000s stuff.

#13209 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:35 PM

Anything Nintendo sells fast for me on mercari…PlayStation anything also sells good…Xbox lingers.

Crossposting is available I think with chrome…there’s lots of ebay game sellers just posting on both platforms posting slightly cheaper than eBay

Either I have fun doing it and finding cool stuff. I had built a nice collection of around 100 good games for multiple systems….just they would sit there and I like to think that the people buying them from me are playing them and enjoying themselves….I think I can emulate most retro games if I want.

I just want to play Pokémon and ff7 lol

#13210 alphaomegacode   Worst Gamer Ever!! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

alphaomegacode

Posted 05 June 2021 - 12:34 PM

Request

Does anyone have extra Pokémon Ultra Sun or Moon copies that I could buy?

Message me and let me know how much. Thanks!

#13211 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3814 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:32 PM

If anyone has a copy of MegaMan Zero/ZX Collection (on Switch or PS4) or Tekken 7 or DK Tropical Freeze, I'm interested!

#13212 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:09 PM

If anyone has a copy of MegaMan Zero/ZX Collection (on Switch or PS4) or Tekken 7 or DK Tropical Freeze, I'm interested!

Tropical freeze on sale ?

#13213 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:19 PM

Tropical freeze on sale ?

It was $10 back in January/February

#13214 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 06 June 2021 - 09:41 PM

I am also looking for ultra sun and ultra moon copies and willing to pay $33 apiece.

#13215 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1625 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:39 PM

My store had PS5 games on Clearance. Hit it big with DMC 5 for $15, Ovecookeed 1 & 2 $15. They had some PS4 games such as Death Stranding for $10, and Mortal Shell for $12. For Switch just Dragon Quest XI for $35

#13216 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:42 PM

Actually found something listed “limited” for once on brickseek. It was that sandisk 1tb external ssd

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=904399577

#13217 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:14 PM

Found a Warioware Gold last night hiding behind Yo Kai Watch Bony Spirits for $7. That being said the 3DS games at Walmart are disappearing quickly!

#13218 2changz  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:12 PM

Traded in 5 .03 games to a local bookstore/used media store for $40 and got a copy of Pokemon Gold. Paid .15 for Pokemon Gold!!

#13219 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5058 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:21 AM

Anyone having trouble with the walmart app. When I scan an item, it asks me to hold a button to verify security and then when it is finally done, the scan never finds the item.

#13220 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5635 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:45 AM

Anyone having trouble with the walmart app. When I scan an item, it asks me to hold a button to verify security and then when it is finally done, the scan never finds the item.

I've never seen that before. 

#13221 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:13 AM

I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask but what advice would you guys give to someone looking for a TV? I was reading earlier in the thread about how there might be more deals in the summer. I'm looking for something around 50 inch size and trying to stay in the $500 price range. I was thinking of maybe waiting for Amazon Prime day but I don't know about their quality.

#13222 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:15 PM

I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask but what advice would you guys give to someone looking for a TV? I was reading earlier in the thread about how there might be more deals in the summer. I'm looking for something around 50 inch size and trying to stay in the $500 price range. I was thinking of maybe waiting for Amazon Prime day but I don't know about their quality.

I lucked out last week and found out that target clearanced their 55inch Sony tv for $324. It was their display model but for that price felt like I had to grab it

#13223 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:17 PM

I lucked out last week and found out that target clearanced their 55inch Sony tv for $324. It was their display model but for that price felt like I had to grab it

Do you happen to have the brickseek info for that TV?

#13224 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

Do you happen to have the brickseek info for that TV?

https://brickseek.co...sku=008-09-0036

There’s the link it’s odd though because it doesn’t show the clearance price on brickseek but does in store

#13225 Sielanas  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 03:44 PM

Normally, this is turnover time for models. Well, the new ones should be but who knows with how things are. Display models are very much possible.

I'm waiting, base HDMI 2.1 features are still trickling down. One more year at least for me.

And for above, Mercari is definitely low down the list. I looked earlier for lawn stuff but it was the first time in months.

#13226 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:34 PM

That's Skynet using GPS to track you in preperation for it's attack on humanity.  That or Walmart now needs your finger print in addition in order to sell your info.

I rather perfer it was Skynet, but that's just me.