* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Big Day Feb.23, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD [Vita], Revenant Saga [PS4/Vita], & The Metronomicon [PS4]

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#16741 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, that was on my radar not to long back with a few of their other offerings, as they still had stock on the items I wanted. Did they have a big sale recently or something? It wasn't that long ago I was looking at a few books, and they still had stock. Now it's like everything they offered is gone.

Not sure. There was a brief period around 2011 when Amazon actually carried Ballistic Publishing books. That's when I got my hardcover one.

ETA: I wonder if they're out of business or something. Literally everything is out of stock: http://www.ballistic...hing.com/books/

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#16742 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6532 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, I may have to pass on it too and stick with the standard, but damn that soda can is cool!

I mean where else can you get a can of soda like that.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#16743 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5614 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

ETA: I wonder if they're out of business or something. Literally everything is out of stock: http://www.ballistic...hing.com/books/

Yeah, that's why I asked. Normally when a place shuts down, they remove the site, or plaster the home page with info about it. That's why I figured maybe they had a sale with prices to good to pass up, so everything was sold out. But now I will say it does seem weird nothing seems to have inventory.

It's cool you got yours thru Amazon, did they offer their normal style book discount at the time?

EDIT: I do see they have a list of stores that carries their merch, so maybe they sold all their inventory to local shops, and called it a day?

#16744 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Yeah. I paid around $50 instead of $80. I had been wanting it for a while, but could never justify the $20+ shipping cost to order direct from the publisher.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#16745 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10850 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

$65 is too much for that.  Sorry

Well on the bright side they probably would have charged $80 for this a few months ago.  I was actually expecting them to ask $60 for it so $65 isn't too horrible.

#16746 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Seems like most people are happy with $65, saw one person somewhere say we should only charge $10 more for the CE and I was like, but that doesn't even cover the box and wrapping... 

limitedrundouglas.jpg

shadow55055.png

#16747 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Seems like most people are happy with $65, saw one person somewhere say we should only charge $10 more for the CE and I was like, but that doesn't even cover the box and wrapping... 

I like the approach you're taking this year with less CEs.  I felt like too many sub-par games got them last year and for those of us that like getting CE's it became too much.  If you keep it limited to games worthy of it like Oddworld, I don't have any problem spending $65 here and there.  Thanks!

#16748 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

So we getting Phantom Breaker soon?

#16749 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5614 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

I like the approach you're taking this year with less CEs.  I felt like too many sub-par games got them last year and for those of us that like getting CE's it became too much.  If you keep it limited to games worthy of it like Oddworld, I don't have any problem spending $65 here and there.  Thanks!

Honestly, I would have paid $65 for an Aqua Kitty CE if the contents are of interest to me. I don't fault LRG for how many of these they offer, or what's included. If I like whats offered I buy it, if I don't, I pass.

Every CE I passed on, has still sold out and made LRG funds to make other titles happen. I honestly don't get the "I don't like this, so it shouldn't be made" mentality. So long as CE are being offered, and there is a market to buy it, more power to all involved.

#16750 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:47 AM

Does Munch's Odyssey have PSTV support?

#16751 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3333 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

Honestly, I would have paid $65 for an Aqua Kitty CE if the contents are of interest to me. I don't fault LRG for how many of these they offer, or what's included. If I like whats offered I buy it, if I don't, I pass.

Every CE I passed on, has still sold out and made LRG funds to make other titles happen. I honestly don't get the "I don't like this, so it shouldn't be made" mentality. So long as CE are being offered, and there is a market to buy it, more power to all involved.

I'd pay $65 for your Aqua Kitty.

#16752 Jurai  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:40 AM

Does Munch's Odyssey have PSTV support?

product page on LRG site says yes