Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
ugh. now i have to follow two threads?  :)

edit:  you might want to give each PS4 and vita release their own number, like LRG does.   

edit 2: Don't forget that Xeodrifter is announced also as release 8 and 9.  

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG FAQ PAGE

LRG POLL(8/1/16)
"We have been toying with this idea since we launched but we are getting really close to almost needing this now.

So here is what we are thinking. By the way we are running this idea through our forums first.

I actually avoided doing the actual number releases since that's a bit confusing later on, and it's just easier to do the titles.

Not to mention, their numbering system doesn't even take into account RCR DX, so I rather just go with listing the titles released.

Couldn't hurt to have others input on this I guess, but for me, I don't like it. :*(

Updated with Xeodrifter to list.
LRG didn't do RCR.

Now, you just made the LRG more hard to get cause everyone gonna know.
Pretty much everyone that is interested already knows about them as they are all over Reddit and what not. Doubt a separate thread here is going to do anything to change that.

Excellent job on the thread Squarehard!

Pretty much everyone that is interested already knows about them as they are all over Reddit and what not. Doubt a separate thread here is going to do anything to change that.

Excellent job on the thread Squarehard!
Indeed. I think now that it's also limited to one per platform, per account, it's not as crazy as it was before since flippers would go nuts.

And thank you for making the suggestion. I'm glad I was able to fulfill your wish. ^__^

Indeed. I think now that it's also limited to one per platform, per account, it's not as crazy as it was before since flippers would go nuts.

And thank you for making the suggestion. I'm glad I was able to fulfill your wish. ^__^
Octodad is actually limited to two per platform.

What a stupid date to release this.  Sure, I get the joke of picking it, but logistically it's stupid.   I guess if you don't go to Church, don't sleep in on Sunday, don't have kids, and hate your father (or he's no longer living)... it might not be any different than any other day.   For me, I'll be at Church during the first offering and probably bbq'ing something during the second time slot and hanging with my family.  The last thing I'll be thinking about is buying a random game during the limited time slots it's offered.  Thank goodness this isn't Cosmic Star Heroine.  626mb game on Vita... eh, it's small enough I can make space easily for it in digital form... which given the track history of LRG games, this will be free on PS+ or super cheap anyway in digital form.

What a stupid date to release this. Sure, I get the joke of picking it, but logistically it's stupid. I guess if you don't go to Church, don't sleep in on Sunday, don't have kids, and hate your father (or he's no longer living)... it might not be any different than any other day. For me, I'll be at Church during the first offering and probably bbq'ing something during the second time slot and hanging with my family. The last thing I'll be thinking about is buying a random game during the limited time slots it's offered. Thank goodness this isn't Cosmic Star Heroine. 626mb game on Vita... eh, it's small enough I can make space easily for it in digital form... which given the track history of LRG games, this will be free on PS+ or super cheap anyway in digital form.
Damn, I didn't realize this was Father's Day! I definitely don't do Church, but I do have a Dad and I do enjoy sleeping in on my weekends. I'll probably make the sacrifice to order one in the morning though.

What a stupid date to release this. Sure, I get the joke of picking it, but logistically it's stupid. I guess if you don't go to Church, don't sleep in on Sunday, don't have kids, and hate your father (or he's no longer living)... it might not be any different than any other day. For me, I'll be at Church during the first offering and probably bbq'ing something during the second time slot and hanging with my family. The last thing I'll be thinking about is buying a random game during the limited time slots it's offered. Thank goodness this isn't Cosmic Star Heroine. 626mb game on Vita... eh, it's small enough I can make space easily for it in digital form... which given the track history of LRG games, this will be free on PS+ or super cheap anyway in digital form.
Disagree. Most people have a smartphone and don't spend 24/7 with their father on father's day. Frankly, you can do all of those things and just take a minute or two to buy the game during one of the two time slots.

Shoot -- no Fatal Frame for wii u yet.  I doubt they'll be able to secure it from Nintendo anyways, and I should have purchased the UK version when I had the opportunity.  Even though it's region locked, at least it comes in a nice limited edition bundle.

Shoot -- no Fatal Frame for wii u yet. I doubt they'll be able to secure it from Nintendo anyways, and I should have purchased the UK version when I had the opportunity. Even though it's region locked, at least it comes in a nice limited edition bundle.
On their forum, they've hinted that they're working on it. Don't lose hope! These guys are super passionate about what they're doing. I absolutely adore them.

Still haven't gotten Oddworld because they said there was a "shipping error"... Supposed to reship this week, first game bought from them, might be my last.

Still haven't gotten Oddworld because they said there was a "shipping error"... Supposed to reship this week, first game bought from them, might be my last.
As of yesterday the affected orders have all been shipped out. You should receive it soon. Don't let this burn you on us, Oddworld was our biggest title to date and we shipped it out by ourselves (just two people). We've started using a fulfillment center so this kind of stuff won't happen anymore.

Glad to see this thread. 

I of course will add the covers to the album once I get my hands on them. 

Also Josh, I'm still waiting on that Sekai Project Announcement :) 

If it does turn out to be Fruits of Grisaia, I'll be extremely happy. 

As of yesterday the affected orders have all been shipped out. You should receive it soon. Don't let this burn you on us, Oddworld was our biggest title to date and we shipped it out by ourselves (just two people). We've started using a fulfillment center so this kind of stuff won't happen anymore.
Didn't know it was just two people. Now I feel like a dick for complaining. :[

Nothing wrong with complaining.

As long as you do it in a none, douchebaggery way.

I mean, it took forever for me to get my SMRPG, and I was throwing out anime gifs all over the place on a daily basis for a good month until it arrived.

Cool, I'll be following this thread too. It will hopefully be easier to find the LRG games in this one instead of sifting through the other thread. Right now I'm only interested in the Vita copes as I'd like to have a complete U.S. catalog someday. 

Glad to see this thread.

I of course will add the covers to the album once I get my hands on them.

Also Josh, I'm still waiting on that Sekai Project Announcement :)

If it does turn out to be Fruits of Grisaia, I'll be extremely happy.
Sekai said they would have news soon. But that was in March. It is now June. :(

From the sound of this post thats all you'll be thinking about. Poor dad, if he only knew.

From the sound of this post thats all you'll be thinking about. Poor dad, if he only knew.
Between visiting my dad, my father-in-law and my three son's spending time with me, I don't think this sale will even cross my mind. Oh the poor sap that has to work that Sunday to monitor the store and stuff. Or are they just going to let things get crazier than past sales with the scalpers and the store errors and stuff and clean it up in the week to follow? How good is the tech support on a Sunday from the people that host the store? A weekday makes much more business sense and logistially it wouldn't be tied to such a busy holiday. It'll be interesting if this creates a bunch of problems will they change their July 4th plans for Xeodrifter and Lost Sea? Father's Day may be a big deal to me, but July 4th is much bigger. I know, I'll be with my family that day as well cooking out and stuff and am planning to take the family to the new Independence Day movie (after we watch the first one the day before) and then there is typically a huge fireworks show that we go to. It's been 20 years since ID4 came out and I'm fairly positive I went to see the first one with my friends that July 4th. So I'm hyped to have a similar experience but this time with my kids.

It would be better if they were just all on Tuesdays. So they were tied to the same people that wait every week to see what new games release on tuesday, and what the new sales are. It would just add to what a lot of people already do. This reminds me of some of the boneheaded release dates Nintendo has done in the past.

Between visiting my dad, my father-in-law and my three son's spending time with me, I don't think this sale will even cross my mind. Oh the poor sap that has to work that Sunday to monitor the store and stuff. Or are they just going to let things get crazier than past sales with the scalpers and the store errors and stuff and clean it up in the week to follow? How good is the tech support on a Sunday from the people that host the store? A weekday makes much more business sense and logistially it wouldn't be tied to such a busy holiday. It'll be interesting if this creates a bunch of problems will they change their July 4th plans for Xeodrifter and Lost Sea? Father's Day may be a big deal to me, but July 4th is much bigger. I know, I'll be with my family that day as well cooking out and stuff and am planning to take the family to the new Independence Day movie (after we watch the first one the day before) and then there is typically a huge fireworks show that we go to. It's been 20 years since ID4 came out and I'm fairly positive I went to see the first one with my friends that July 4th. So I'm hyped to have a similar experience but this time with my kids.

It would be better if they were just all on Tuesdays. So they were tied to the same people that wait every week to see what new games release on tuesday, and what the new sales are. It would just add to what a lot of people already do. This reminds me of some of the boneheaded release dates Nintendo has done in the past.
Again, it takes a minute to order on a mobile device and you can set an alarm on your smartphone. That will take nothing away from Father's Day or July 4th. Many people work on Tuesdays and it's hard for them to buy things from work and yet they make it happen. In the end, if you really can't take a minute away from what to most people are enjoyable but not sacred holidays, maybe the games just aren't that important to own.

Glad to see Josh in here.  I love what you guys are doing. I've gotten every release so far directly from you guys and will continue as long as you make these games.  

Actually, when these were listed, the dates were listed as July 5th, so if anything, the dates were changed to the correct date anyways, since July 5th is an odd date with the actual holiday date right before.

As for the misspelling, well, there is no i in team, but there certainly should've been one there, so my bad. Good catch.

Again, it takes a minute to order on a mobile device and you can set an alarm on your smartphone. That will take nothing away from Father's Day or July 4th. Many people work on Tuesdays and it's hard for them to buy things from work and yet they make it happen. In the end, if you really can't take a minute away from what to most people are enjoyable but not sacred holidays, maybe the games just aren't that important to own.
No doubt, owning games is less important to me than my family. And definitely I value my family time on national holidays.

The online ordering never worked right from my smartphone. Even from pc it took me more than a few minutes dealing with all the stupid errors of games still having a lot of stock then showing out of stock requiring starting over multiple times before finally being able to buy something. It made it really easy bring me to my senses about why I was so hyped to order some of these games in the first place, and to give up, when they would simply be shelf decorations until I got bored and sold them off for profit. Still, if they publish something I really want to own (probably Cosmic Star Heroine)... I'll have to take these releases seriously. Tuesday, to me, makes the most sense. I'm already thinking of new releases then just like anyone that stays on top of the game release scene. I don't need random days of the week to track new releases.

If everything works out great for LRG with these release dates, good for them. If they have problems and don't sell out or whatever... then maybe they will be interested in some feedback then. As is, though, you can't give anyone feedback without someone jumping in and shooting it all down as if that somehow de-legitimizes the feedback. It still is what it is. I won't be around either date and thank goodness these games mean so little to me (physically at least) in the first place.

I think people were just put off by your initial approach on talking about the Octodad release date.  It was particularly written as though it was not meant to be feedback, but interpreted by others as someone pointlessly complaining (which happens a lot on this site), so people may have mistaken your comments as that instead.

It certainly does make sense to have somewhat of a consistency in a release date schedule (now that they changed one of the release dates), and so far, Octodad is the only one a Sunday, while the other two dates are on a Monday, so Octodad may have just been an obscure date.  As long as they don't pull any random surprises in the future, I'm content with Monday as the consistent day for release.

There's a good chance it'll probably sell out though because they've decided to do two copies per account on this particular title, so resellers will probably be maximizing that.  But there are also a ton of copies of the game for both platforms, so who knows how this will go.  Will probably even be around if you want to pick it up when you have time during the second wave, since that's usually when things slow way down.

In any case, if it's meant to be feedback, it's probably easier just to say it's feedback, rather than giving a comment that is borderline smartass, rather than constructive.  You shouldn't be surprised that people will give you shit for a feedback/comment that's worded like that. :p

Not including the numbers?  sadface

Also would be cool to note which ones had a soundtrack released through LRG.  I loves me them soundtracks.

Not including the numbers? sadface

Also would be cool to note which ones had a soundtrack released through LRG. I loves me them soundtracks.
If you're talking about how many copies, I just did that for the upcoming releases, but I'll do that and the soundtrack listing for the released list now. ;D

If you're talking about how many copies, I just did that for the upcoming releases, but I'll do that and the soundtrack listing for the released list now. ;D
Talking about the "This is LRG #1" labels they have on the boxes and such. They are going slightly out of order as of Octodad getting out ahead of Xeodrifter, but I know collectors really dig that kind of thing.

Overall though, definitely digging the thread :) Thanks for putting it together.

Talking about the "This is LRG #1" labels they have on the boxes and such. They are going slightly out of order as of Octodad getting out ahead of Xeodrifter, but I know collectors really dig that kind of thing.

Overall though, definitely digging the thread :) Thanks for putting it together.
Ah, yes, the numbering thing.

It was discussed earlier in this thread, and it was the exact same reason you gave above that I decided to not put those numbers in, or at least not for now. Kind of odd how they're just going way out of order numbering wise, so bleck. :p

Glad to see Josh in here. I love what you guys are doing. I've gotten every release so far directly from you guys and will continue as long as you make these games.
Thanks. I've been posting on CAG for a long time but haven't had nearly as much time recently with LRG taking off.

bread's done
Back