* * * - - 27 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Furi [Switch], Salt & Sanctuary [PS4/Vita] on September 14!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#18091 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

Future Unfolding looks dope. I'm gonna be extremely busy Friday. If I can get it, cool, if not it wasn't meant to be. 

#18092 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

ESRB Delays, Manufacturing Delays, and Contract Releases are hitting them. If that didn't happen, it is likely you wouldn't see all these releases at the same time

#18093 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2309 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

already discussed. and this is their first game

But what's the problem with another one? If they release games that people want, I dont see much of a problem. Besides "too many games I want to buy #firstworldproblems "

Is everyone happy with the limited editions LRG puts out? $50 extra for a box, 2 cds, and artbook sound good to anyone? More competition is a good thing and I'd imagine there would be even more if it wasn't for the damn ESRB making things much more expensive. I actually registered a company through Sony myself a couple years ago and was going to get into publishing but I ended up putting that to the side. From that perspective I might be worried the market is over saturated which would make getting the games I want more difficult. As a customer though the more the better.

#18094 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Is everyone happy with the limited editions LRG puts out? $50 extra for a box, 2 cds, and artbook sound good to anyone? More competition is a good thing and I'd imagine there would be even more if it wasn't for the damn ESRB making things much more expensive. I actually registered a company through Sony myself a couple years ago and was going to get into publishing but I ended up putting that to the side. From that perspective I might be worried the market is over saturated which would make getting the games I want more difficult. As a customer though the more the better.

Yeah, I've never had an issue, as just normal retail releases each month are mostly out of hand in my opinion. But it's like anything, TV, movies, music etc, as products are often released along side competing items. It's what keeps places stepping up their game, as to not lose out to others in the same market.

I know the argument of regular retail games not selling out and rising in price was a HUGE mark against the "limited" offerings, but since most of these offerings are $25, I feel an instant draw, as that to me is half off full retail for new games. Yeah, maybe some aren't "full" games, but many are. Now the secondary market of high prices is all but gone, so even if you miss a game, you still have the option to buy it for retail(or very close). 

So this year, I've only bought these "limited" games, and haven't really spent much. As I don't buy each and every game, the same way I wouldn't do that at retail. So now, since the old issues can't be complained about, now the to much, to often is the flavor of the day. 3 months from now, will probably be on to not enough releases, or some other non issue. It's always the same shit, just a different day and in a different way!

#18095 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Oceanhorn developers are heavily hinting at a physical switch release and LRG is retweeting it.

I expect this to be the Nintendo Force magazine announcement that LRG has been hyping.

#18096 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Oceanhorn developers are heavily hinting at a physical switch release and LRG is retweeting it.

I expect this to be the Nintendo Force magazine announcement that LRG has been hyping.

That's cool if true, and no surprise, as I expect many former PS4/Vita titles to get there NS due in short order. If a developer worked with LRG in the past, no reason to not offer a new version on a different system(so long as the relationship is good). Ocean horn is on top of my Vita "to play" pile, so doubtful I would grab an NS version, but my son wants the game, so who knows?

EDIT: There are many PS4 games that didn't get to the Vita, so those will for sure be the ones I grab on the NS like Flinthook. I probably won't double dip on any Vita titles, unless something new is offered like a CE, or game of the year edition, where all bonus content is offered on the NS cart.

#18097 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Oceanhorn was great and all, but I'm hyped for exclusives. I'm not a double dipper.

#18098 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7273 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Those of you who never tried for a complete LRG set don't care how many games get released. 

We get it. 

#18099 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12402 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

Oceanhorn was great and all, but I'm hyped for exclusives. I'm not a double dipper.

Another $10 game selling for $30+.

I feel bad for physical collectors. They just like throwing away money. 

#18100 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Here's the latest email from Nintendo Force, and midway down is mention of LRG and bonus items included with the next issue:

Greetings once again, Nintendo Force fans! Our 33rd issue release is upon us.
In this edition of NF Magazine, we're celebrating the launch of Nintendo's latest, wildest product line. Nintendo Labo is the most off-the-wall idea the Big N has brought to market since the Switch itself! (Yes, I know it's only been a little over a year since then, but still!) The same pure creativity and fun that led them to fuse home console and portable gaming together into a single device has now driven them even further into territory never explored before by any other company in gaming, leading to further fusions of the Switch base unit and Joy-Con controllers with a cavalcade of cardboard creations.

We've prepared a full Nintendo Labo Launch Guide for your perusal, highlighting each unique build-it-yourself Toy-Con project Nintendo has sent to store shelves to kickstart this new line of products. We also look ahead at a few future Toy- Cons seemingly lurking just over the horizon, then do our best to contextualize the Labo launch in the light of Nintendo's entire history with an article that looks back on some of the toys they created in the decades before video games came into the world, and then another piece that presents some of the most "disposable" peripherals we've seen through their video game years as well.

All that and an exclusive reveal from and interview with Limited Run Games, a company that isn't exactly building things with cardboard, but is nonetheless making gaming more physical every day! The game they've so graciously allowed us to announce within our pages is historic, to say the least, so look forward to reading all about it!

In addition to that reveal of the game itself, Limited Run has also provided us with a set of exclusive trading cards depicting the game that will be inserted with the first 5,000 print copies of this issue. That should cover all of you who are Print and Combo tier patrons here as we're cutting off sign-ups for this issue, so look forward to getting that extra bonus alongside your magazine this time!

Also accompanying the magazine will be an exclusive new papercraft toy created just for us by Alex Gwynne, founder of Fold Up Toys. We usually provide wall posters with our issues, but I didn't think anyone would be too interested in having Nintendo's PR photos of the Labo products hanging up on their wall, so we swapped out the poster for a tangible toy you can build yourself! Print subscribers will get the toy provided for them in the bag, while our Digital patrons will get the PDF to be able to print one out at home. It's a fun little version of the Labo Robot Kit's giant robot, and I hope you'll all take the time to build it and let it join your desktop or amiibo shelf!

Because of all the different things happening with this issue, the timing of its publication will be a little different than usual. I normally send out the digital copies pretty much immediately after posting these Patreon "the issue is done" posts, but for this one I'll be sending out the digital links this Friday, April 20. That lets the issue release line up exactly with the Labo launch and also gives Limited Run Games a little bit more prep time before the game reveal in this issue becomes public knowledge and starts getting shared around the forums and gaming news sites around the Internet.

The Magzter version for tablets, eReaders, et cetera will follow a few days later, likely early next week.

Finally, the print version should start showing up in subscriber mailboxes in early-to-mid May. I realize the timing of that won't seem too on-the-ball with the Labo launch emphasis of the issue's content, but we just couldn't let something so fun and quirky and different like Labo pass us by without giving it an issue to headline! And you'll be snagging that Limited Run trading card as a trade-off for its not-so-timeliness, so hopefully we'll break even with your mind share in the end.

OK! Enough talking from me! Thanks as always for your continued support of the Nintendo Force, and keep your eyes peeled for this new issue to hit your email inbox and/or physical mailbox soon!

~ Lucas M. Thomas

EDIT: For some reason, my spoiler tag ain't working, oh well.

#18101 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Would have been nice to announce the cards before the cut off date.

#18102 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

Would have been nice to announce the cards before the cut off date.

LRG promoted NF about a month ago, and stated there would be unique cards coming, so for anyone who signed up then, your covered.

#18103 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

only hyped for exclusives not previous LRG's releases.

#18104 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

LRG promoted NF about a month ago, and stated there would be unique cards coming, so for anyone who signed up then, your covered.

I missed that it was going to be a set of exclusives. :\ Might try to grab an issue after the fact though.

#18105 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11484 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Only problem was they never announced there would be a cut off date (as far as I remember) and being the huge procrastinator that I am I delayed signing up for it.  Would have if I knew there was a strict cut off date though.  No worries though - I was going to subscribe to the mag, now I am not.  Saves me money to put towards other things.

So, this Friday is it only one game or two?  We are like 2 days away now.  Would be nice to know ahead of time as I try to plan my day.

#18106 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Only problem was they never announced there would be a cut off date (as far as I remember) and being the huge procrastinator that I am I delayed signing up for it.  Would have if I knew there was a strict cut off date though.  No worries though - I was going to subscribe to the mag, now I am not.  Saves me money to put towards other things.

So, this Friday is it only one game or two?  We are like 2 days away now.  Would be nice to know ahead of time as I try to plan my day.

It looks like only one release, as I can't find any info on a second game. And with Friday being only two days away, it might not be good to offer another game with so little lead time, but LRG has been rather busy on offerings lately, so a stealth title could happen?

As for NF, it was discussed at length here when announced, and while no "cut off" was mentioned, Patreon is a print to order service. So every other month when the issues are produced, it will always be a finite amount, as it's based on who is signed up before that issue goes to print. One of the main points discussed was if you get charged even if a book isn't ready, and me along with a few others stated how your only charge once the book goes to print.

In an age of less physical items, most small time publications go this route, as it keeps from producing books above and beyond what is needed. So if anyone's name isn't on the list when a issue is getting ready to print, you don't get one. It's pretty much how LRG offers NS titles now, you have a window to preorder, and if you don't, you won't get an copy when done(due to lead times). Of course, they have extras for lost or damaged issues, but those all may be held for long term customers, and not offered to those who just want an issue after the fact.

#18107 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Nah, they sell their magazines on their website well beyond what they sell through Patreon. Aside from a handful of issues, all are still available for purchase. It's just only the Patreon copies are guaranteed the cards. The announcement said 5,000 packs, and there are ~4,800 Patreon subscribers (including people who are digital only.)

#18108 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

Nah, they sell their magazines on their website well beyond what they sell through Patreon. Aside from a handful of issues, all are still available for purchase. It's just only the Patreon copies are guaranteed the cards. The announcement said 5,000 packs, and there are ~4,800 Patreon subscribers (including people who are digital only.)

Does that 4800 account for people like me who get two physical copies? Or is that only reflective of the number of people subscribing?

#18109 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Does that 4800 account for people like me who get two physical copies? Or is that only reflective of the number of people subscribing?

That's just the number of people subscribing (and it's more like 4650 now that I checked). No way to tell how that's divided.

#18110 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

Musynx is getting a Switch, PS4 and Vita release.

The release announcement is on gematsu: https://gematsu.com/...s-vita-versions

#18111 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

Hmm so switch physical only, or wait for LRG to make a ps4 vita physical.

#18112 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36653 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

Hmm so switch physical only, or wait for LRG to make a ps4 vita physical.

The Switch version will have a "limited edition" box art for the first 5k copies, so there's that.

#18113 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

I only want the Vita version. Hope it gets the same limited edition box art. 

#18114 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

The Switch version will have a "limited edition" box art for the first 5k copies, so there's that.

Ya that art is nice I wonder what the LRG version will look like

#18115 Jurai  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

#18116 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

That's gonna be a hell of a fight. Looks great.

#18117 Alakhira   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Alakhira

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

Awesome, I'll preorder regular editions of both Flinthook and Mercenary Kings!  New to both, but the reviews look good

#18118 Jurai  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:56 PM

Mercenary Kings is pretty good, got it free on PSN+ way back when

#18119 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

So are Mondays now the official NS release day? I'm cool with that, as it keeps to much from happening on Fridays. I'll probably grab both games as standard, as the Steel book seems cool, but that along with the OST and posters aren't really my thing. I like posters, but until some other form of transport is possible, that doesn't include folding, I'll pass for now. Pretty good deal for those who are interested, as the comments on social media seem positive.

#18120 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:39 AM

So are Mondays now the official NS release day? I'm cool with that, as it keeps to much from happening on Fridays. I'll probably grab both games as standard, as the Steel book seems cool, but that along with the OST and posters aren't really my thing. I like posters, but until some other form of transport is possible, that doesn't include folding, I'll pass for now. Pretty good deal for those who are interested, as the comments on social media seem positive.

This is the celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Mercenary Kings, per LRG Twitter. 

They're killing my weakness with that Steelbook being so limited :-/