* * * - - 41 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#26161 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

There's no indication that Dark Devotion or Blossom Tales (SW) may be at BBY right?

#26162 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:40 AM

So they can figure out how to give everyone a card they conveniently printed enough of to give everyone without having to put it in shopify but they can't figure out how to sort sales by amount and make sure whomever is packing the $100+ orders would throw a pack in the box?

Yeah, right.

They sure did figure out how to sell the card packs quickly..
https://www.limitedr...3rd-mega-bundle

#26163 Tothoro  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

There's no indication that Dark Devotion or Blossom Tales (SW) may be at BBY right?

The product pages don't have the disclaimer, so it doesn't appear that BBY will be getting them.

#26164 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

The product pages don't have the disclaimer, so it doesn't appear that BBY will be getting them.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I know they've added it in at the last minute once or twice or just announce it randomly on twitter so making sure.

#26165 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13464 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I know they've added it in at the last minute once or twice or just announce it randomly on twitter so making sure.

I didn't see it mentioned with Blasphemous at the time of the sale but its there now.  Pretty sure that was added last minute.

Blossom Tales is one that I would think they'd encourage BB to carry, but I guess not.

Also, what the hell is with that generic Kemco RPG selling out so fast?  Pretty sure I have yet to see anyone mentioning they were looking forward to picking it up and even their Twitter mention of it being on sale had very few comments.  Honestly seems kind of fishy to me.

#26166 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13464 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:54 AM

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger IX (PS4) is up for preorder at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6395591

No sign of the Switch version at BB yet.

This is only an LRG distributed title so the cover art should be the same.

The weird thing is only the Switch version at LRG mentions it will be sold at BB as its not currently showing on the PS4 listing at LRG.

#26167 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:57 PM

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger IX (PS4) is up for preorder at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6395591

No sign of the Switch version at BB yet.

This is only an LRG distributed title so the cover art should be the same.

The weird thing is only the Switch version at LRG mentions it will be sold at BB as its not currently showing on the PS4 listing at LRG.

If you search for the game it doesn't show the Switch version. However, once you are on the PS4 listing, you can change the console to Switch and order the Switch version. Thanks for posting! I was waiting for Best Buy to get this instead of getting from LRG since I still have GCU for one more year.

#26168 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

If you search for the game it doesn't show the Switch version. However, once you are on the PS4 listing, you can change the console to Switch and order the Switch version. Thanks for posting! I was waiting for Best Buy to get this instead of getting from LRG since I still have GCU for one more year.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6395588

#26169 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

by reading this thread, sounds like LRG getting worse and worse

and they weren't good to begin with

at least back then they occasionally put out games that weren't 2 dollar steam sale shovelware

#26170 Jurai  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:43 PM

It's the same case for both. The game can technically be completed now, but there are a lot of performance issues and the Survival mode crashes before you can earn some of the trophies.

Oh you're right didnt realize he had patched, apparently you still can't get the platinum trophy though due to continued glitches, I think it's just 1 guy working on it so nobody thought he'd ever get around to fixing his broken release

#26171 woodcan   TX Regional CAG VP CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:26 PM

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately 🤔. I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?

#26172 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Anyone know if these will actually be removed from the site on the 10th? Fairy Fencer was supposed to be removed back in Oct and is still available for purchase.

#26173 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately . I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?

Chill bruh
You’ll have your Loose Reprinted Games in March :beer:

#26174 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately . I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?

#26175 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

Anyone know if these will actually be removed from the site on the 10th? Fairy Fencer was supposed to be removed back in Oct and is still available for purchase.

I don't know the same thing happen to Thea: The Awakening (Switch) they where supposed to close preorder on NOVEMBER 8TH but you can still get it even the details page has it listed as closing NOVEMBER 8TH

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/thea-switch-preorder

#26176 4tygames   Cover Guru CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

I don't know the same thing happen to Thea: The Awakening (Switch) they where supposed to close preorder on NOVEMBER 8TH but you can still get it even the details page has it listed as closing

NOVEMBER 8TH

https://limitedrunga...switch-preorder

It’s extra printed copies left over. Nintendo requires a nice full round number of copies to be printed. If the preorder total reached 3005, they have to print 4000 copies of the game.

#26177 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

Man. This shit is getting sketch. I appreciate a community that knows all this insider type stuff but it’s a bummer to see it.

#26178 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9685 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

It's so bad that even the white knights have thrown down their armaments. 

#26179 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

I've found that when these guys drop a game that I DO need, it's best to wait until the very end of the pre order window. If you do it that way, it's several weeks off of your wait time, or at least it feels that way to me.

I ordered a few asap and by the time I got impatient and was checking the status, it was still in the last week of pre-order. I've kinda figured out since that it's best for me to wait.

If the games were numbered I'd probably always buy asap but they aren't so who cares when you order.

#26180 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:12 AM

Fairy Fencer F ADF really doesn't run all that well on the Switch. The very first update patched in a loading screen after entering a dungeon because the enemies spawning caused massive slowdown.

#26181 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

I ended up placing a last minute order for Knights and Bikes PS4 late Friday, as I've been a long time fan of Double Fine.  It was a bit tough to accept paying almost $40 after taxes and shipping, making it more than double the regular PSN price.

For the same reason, while Blossom Tales on the Switch looked like a game I would greatly enjoy, paying 5x the current digital price of $7.49 to get a physical version just wasn't worth it.  Though LRG's offering did encourage me to look into the game, and I finally bought it digitally.

#26182 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:21 AM

That 50 page manual with DOS2 for switch was quite a dangle.

#26183 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:08 AM

Caved last night around the same time..
I added Divinity,Blossom Tales and Dark Devotion and checked out. Not sure if Devotion was worth it..
Blossom Tales:The Sleeping King I didn't even know existed without lrg or this site
I most likely will be buying it digital later tomorrow for $7.50. Too good to pass up and was almost the reason I didn't buy it physical being so cheap as it's on sale at the moment. I look forward to getting these all together one order

#26184 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:50 AM

Battle Chef Brigade is on sale at Bestbuy for $24.99

I think this is the first time an LRG game has gone on sale at Bestbuy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#26185 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20342 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:23 AM

Battle Chef Brigade is on sale at Bestbuy for $24.99

I think this is the first time an LRG game has gone on sale at Bestbuy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Power Ranger, Windjammers, Lumines, and Giga Wrecker Alt are or were on sale.

#26186 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

Power Ranger, Windjammers, Lumines, and Giga Wrecker Alt are or were on sale.

oh right, i think for or around Black Friday.

#26187 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with  mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Next day "Well this game had a manual with it so I had to buy it", "yeah me too and I went and ahead and picked up this also", "at the last minute I picked up a game or two as well"

#26188 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with  mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Next day "Well this game had a manual with it so I had to buy it", "yeah me too and I went and ahead and picked up this also", "at the last minute I picked up a game or two as well"

New to Al Gore’s interwebs ?

#26189 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:20 PM

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Only no one said they bought the game because of the manual. And someone (me) sarcastically suggested it was worth shelling out 60$ for. Sometimes you gotta think outside the box.

I did lol though. You’re right about it being funny.

#26190 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

Night Trap vita is still impossible to complete

They have released a patch but the game is still a mess and I was able to open a ticket and returned my copy. I am still awaiting to receive my refund. They are really slow at handling returns but I know I will get it eventually so no worries.

Edit Refund has been issues so I am happy.