* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#27331 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:10 AM

They got really mad when I asked about it

I mean, do you exist for any other purpose other than bitching at them, though? You act like you're not weirdly obsessed with shitting on them.

#27332 Eutaoo  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:51 AM

They got really mad when I asked about it

Who did they get more mad at: You or Gamestop for not sending them CIB games 😂

#27333 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Why are they allowing cancellations on SOR4? I guess I missed something

This is my only gripe with LRG games and why I'm reticent to order from them IF (and only IF) the game is going to get published and sold via retail stores anyways.  With SOR4, I wanted to support them, but I'd rather get it EARLIER so I can play it (I only buy physical games).

For other smaller-run/lesser known games, I'm super grateful LRG brings those games to physical release. Will always try to support those releases. 

That all said, it's unfair for LRG because games like SOR4 and Shantae probably became popular enough to get larger physical print runs BECAUSE of LRG, and its developer-friendly approach towards not demanding exclusivity.  This, however, does mean LRG will sometimes get burned.  Kudos to LRG, though, for honoring cancellations on SOR4.  They're a solid company, and I hope they're around for a long time.

#27334 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6466 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:42 PM

Why are they allowing cancellations on SOR4? I guess I missed something

Because there is a regular retail release on PS4, Xbox One and Switch through Merge Games in Europe and the US.  

#27335 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

Wew lad imagine think LRG made shantae and streets of rage popular. Kids just now getting into gaming.

#27336 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6466 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

Wew lad imagine think LRG made shantae and streets of rage popular. Kids just now getting into gaming.

LRG has popularized  the concept of collecting niche games physically in a way no other company has.  Those games would have likely been released anyway, but maybe not physically.  

#27337 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

#27338 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

The LRG Story?! I kid. I kid...

#27339 jmarano7836   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

jmarano7836

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:08 PM

[quote name="Backlog Hog" post="14290139" timestamp="1589872168"]
Checked my Vita copy, got it too.

Checked my copy too and received that version also. Since I had switched to only vita games it likely wasn’t held up by any other items and shipped out when available, as others stated. I wonder margins for selling this one and downgrading to other version...

#27340 Equippt  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

The latest LRG newsletter hints at a Shantae GBC re-release, which unlike most of their retro stuff would actually make sense since the original is stupidly expensive. If they're going to pursue these re-releases it'd be nice to see more like this. It'd be extra cool to see them find a way to make NGPC carts. Some of those games never got full retail releases in the first place and a few of them have become crazy expensive too. Unfortunately there's only like 100 people out there who would actually buy them, but it's a neat idea anyway.

#27341 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

The latest LRG newsletter hints at a Shantae GBC re-release, which unlike most of their retro stuff would actually make sense since the original is stupidly expensive. If they're going to pursue these re-releases it'd be nice to see more like this. It'd be extra cool to see them find a way to make NGPC carts. Some of those games never got full retail releases in the first place and a few of them have become crazy expensive too. Unfortunately there's only like 100 people out there who would actually buy them, but it's a neat idea anyway.

Yeah i saw that when i got my newsletter late last week but for me the biggest tease i got from that newsletter was the Scott Pilgrim name drop. Its too good to be true(a possible Shantae GBC re-release and a physical Scott Pilgrim). These 2 releases might win back everyone to LRG

#27342 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:35 PM

here is the 2nd issue of the news letter 

https://cdn.shopify....df?v=1588970202

#27343 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4066 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:37 PM

Yeah i saw that when i got my newsletter late last week but for me the biggest tease i got from that newsletter was the Scott Pilgrim name drop. Its too good to be true(a possible Shantae GBC re-release and a physical Scott Pilgrim). These 2 releases might win back everyone to LRG

Would love to grab Scott Pilgrim if its true.

#27344 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7567 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, not happening for me, as I can emulate old GBC stuff and I still have access to Scott Pilgrim on my PS3, and even if I didn't, no way this smooths over all the LRG crooked(at least not for me). I'm sure many others will think differently, as Scott Pilgrim is the kind of "kool-aid" that don't come around to often, and if true, I'm expecting big crowds looking for their fill!

#27345 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:26 PM

Could be true. Scott pilgrim is getting a Dolby theater re release this year.

https://www.comingso...0th-anniversary

It won't win back anyone. No one really left them. Despite all the bitching and whining people still buy from them. They aren't small time anymore and don't act like small time. They act like a normal business that's getting bigger which makes them less personable and more focused on money. But no one will be won back because they want to hate lrg and will find any reason they can to do so. 

Their flightyness is proof of that. One minutes it hate and anger at them, then they announce one game and suddenly everyone loves them again, then they go back to hating then again.

#27346 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:59 PM

Holy shit I'm down for both of those re-releases. 

#27347 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

Does anyone know if the KOF'98 OST will have all tracks from the game or just a selection?

#27348 Jurai  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:40 PM

Could be true. Scott pilgrim is getting a Dolby theater re release this year.

https://www.comingso...0th-anniversary

It won't win back anyone. No one really left them. Despite all the bitching and whining people still buy from them. They aren't small time anymore and don't act like small time. They act like a normal business that's getting bigger which makes them less personable and more focused on money. But no one will be won back because they want to hate lrg and will find any reason they can to do so.

Their flightyness is proof of that. One minutes it hate and anger at them, then they announce one game and suddenly everyone loves them again, then they go back to hating then again.

I'd support them more if Josh was gone, that guys a piece of shit

Edit: and a shantae gbc cart just shits on collectors

#27349 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:42 AM

I'd support them more if Josh was gone, that guys a piece of shit

alright wtf did I miss now

#27350 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6466 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:55 AM

alright wtf did I miss now

You missed nothing.  Just the same guy with the same daddy issues wishing a company, which like all companies is incapable of love, would somehow love him.

#27351 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:00 AM

If you want a repro Shantae cart you can get one right now from China for $8.  It will have no impact on the real thing

#27352 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

If you want a repro Shantae cart you can get one right now from China for $8. It will have no impact on the real thing

Yeah, a repro cart would be stupid. I hope they bundle with a collection for modern consoles, but that's not likely to happen.

#27353 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:38 AM

Good news is by the time you get the Scott Pilgrim game, it'll be just in time for the 20th anniversary.

#27354 Tothoro  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

Given Shantae's popularity I can see why they're doing a repro. Shantae's gotten a lot more popular since the GameBoy days and not a lot of people are willing to fork out the money to buy a copy of the original game. It really will just be shelf candy, though, because I don't know a whole lot of people who have (and much less use) a console that can read a Gameboy cart.

To each his own, I suppose. A repro doesn't interest me at all, but there would appear to be a market. If they do a modern port then I might pick it up, but I'm not holding my breath.

#27355 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:02 PM

every thing was live a few mins before 10am

#27356 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3238 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

I sold my complete copy of Shantae off years back for what I thought was a lot (about $250 which was slightly less than a sealed copy at the time as mine was legit complete).  I picked it up digital on 3DS eshop for $6 or whatever.  I bought Scott PIlgrim before it was taken off the playstation store.  So, have that on my PS3.  Ultimately both excellent games but ... I'd probably still pass on them.  The hype I once had for physical collecting is gone.  I only buy the stuff I love the absolute most and will play.  Despite having Shantae on 3DS... I rarely ever play it.  It's a great experiment with taking the Wonder Boy Metroidvania formula and doing some new stuff with it.  But... it's not something I feel I need to own physically again.  I rarely hook up my PS3 these days... so... Scott Pilgrim would mostly be a trophy purchase.  I'd imagine both games will be great for resellers... which I'm not one.

#27357 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

I have severely reduced at what I buy from LRG anymore but would instantly buy Scott Pilgrim as I remember how much fun that game was back when I played it at my friends.  Shantae reminds me of Metal Storm in which it is going for high prices at the moment so I can see where they would release it for others to have a chance to own it a decent price but it would be a pass for me as I'm not that big on Shantae games. 

#27358 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

I sold my Shantae cart only for $150 back in 2010  :cry:

#27359 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23449 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, not happening for me, as I can emulate old GBC stuff and I still have access to Scott Pilgrim on my PS3, and even if I didn't, no way this smooths over all the LRG crooked(at least not for me). I'm sure many others will think differently, as Scott Pilgrim is the kind of "kool-aid" that don't come around to often, and if true, I'm expecting big crowds looking for their fill!

I own a CIB copy of the original... it's the single most valuable thing I own (not counting my car or house since they're financed). But I'd def be for them re-releasing the game if it's clearly identifiable as a re-release somehow. Even if you can play it on an emulator, there's always some special joy with playing a game on the system it was made for... regardless of how crappy the screen on a GBC is. And IMO, it's still the best game in the series, by far. 

This is me in a nutshell. I started supporting them because I was all for physical releases but stopped around 2017 or so when they started doing a lot that I felt was questionable at best. I think the last straw was when they bundled a large number of copies of a game a lot of people wanted (can't remember the game) with Lawbreakers, a game nobody wanted. But whenever they release anything with Shantae, I'm all about it. I know, I'm pathetic. :-( 

#27360 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3238 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

I sold my Shantae cart only for $150 back in 2010  :cry:

Back then that was a good rate for a cart only copy.

But whenever they release anything with Shantae, I'm all about it. I know, I'm pathetic. :-( 

You know what you love and buy it.  Nothing wrong with that.  The only pathetic person here at the moment is the one that has to attack the potential customers of a company because they voice some criticism for a company.  That dude lives up to his name.