* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#27841 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4760 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

Its literally up right now.

I meant for PS4, my fault.

Edit: and apparently it did too, I guess I missed it.

#27842 Jurai  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Has anyone (YouTubers or website) reviewed these new cases by chance?

I got one of their Saturn cases as a solution for my damaged Snatcher cassette thingy from back whenever and if that case is the same as the ones they're selling here, then I'd pass on this. I have 20+ something Saturn games with good cases (no cracks but have other wear/scratches/scuffing) and the case I received felt notably cheaper than the legit cases. It did have the same design though, which is nice, but def did not fee. I'm wonder if it's been improved since then but... not worth risking for $80. Wish I could just buy 1 to test. 

I imagine they are the same cases they've been using in some of the CE's, I noticed the person that had been selling cases on Amazon that competed with LRG's ran out, so I wouldn't be surprised if LRG had just been waiting for them to run out of stock to bring theirs to market at a higher price. The Amazon person says they are gonna have more in September (https://us.amazon.co.../dp/B07GBMRQJW/)

#27843 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20133 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

I guess the bundle price was a mistake as they lowered it by $10

#27844 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:46 PM

I imagine they are the same cases they've been using in some of the CE's, I noticed the person that had been selling cases on Amazon that competed with LRG's ran out, so I wouldn't be surprised if LRG had just been waiting for them to run out of stock to bring theirs to market at a higher price. The Amazon person says they are gonna have more in September (https://us.amazon.co.../dp/B07GBMRQJW/)

I actually had one of his cases too. His case was much closer in terms of quality- plastic density/thickness felt very close to originals and they actually looked newer (LRG case had a ton of scuffing for what they said was new, so maybe I got a spare defect copy that had). But the disc trays in the Amazon link did not have the little stub lock or whatever that would lock it into the back part of the case so it would just fall out.

There was a story about this, how there are two people working on replacement longbox jewel cases, can't remember where. This guy had no idea LRG was going to release reproduction cases as well. He said he had them made without the stub locks because it was cheaper but that since LRG's had them, his second run would have the locks as well. 

EDIT* Here it is: https://kotaku.com/t...ccid-1825364528

#27845 Jurai  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

I actually had one of his cases too. His case was much closer in terms of quality- plastic density/thickness felt very close to originals and they actually looked newer (LRG case had a ton of scuffing for what they said was new, so maybe I got a spare defect copy that had). But the disc trays in the Amazon link did not have the little stub lock or whatever that would lock it into the back part of the case so it would just fall out.

There was a story about this, how there are two people working on replacement longbox jewel cases, can't remember where. This guy had no idea LRG was going to release reproduction cases as well. He said he had them made without the stub locks because it was cheaper but that since LRG's had them, his second run would have the locks as well. 
EDIT* Here it is: https://kotaku.com/t...ccid-1825364528

I think the Amazon guy revised his design at one point but I never bought

#27846 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

#27847 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

#27848 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:02 PM

Definitely have to get this. Is this a one off 3ds game or are they planning to make others as well?

#27849 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:43 PM

As for LRG, I can't stand the wait times for getting the games (but its a known fact of ordering from them), but I just got my Jak Racing and Blasphemous CEs and they were pack REALLY well. Items always arrive mint, I will give LRG credit where its due. The shipping is high, but you get your money's worth, IMO.

#27850 bmcgrevy  

bmcgrevy

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

As for LRG, I can't stand the wait times for getting the games (but its a known fact of ordering from them), but I just got my Jak Racing and Blasphemous CEs and they were pack REALLY well. Items always arrive mint, I will give LRG credit where its due. The shipping is high, but you get your money's worth, IMO.

That's the thing. People complain about LRG but that's just what we have to deal with in order to get these physical items which otherwise would not exist. If there was competition for this stuff and you can buy it elsewhere then of course it would suck. But you have to give them some leeway because of the way their business model works.

#27851 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:12 AM

they increase shipping prices higher than normal because they need to buy packing materials and some towards employee pay.

#27852 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

So, Grandia this upcoming Friday, right?  I am dying for a killer CE with the soundtrack.  Can't wait for some confirmation.

#27853 bmcgrevy  

bmcgrevy

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:17 PM

I really hope the bots and hoarders don't ruin Grandia for everyone by buying up all of the copies in 20 seconds so they can sell it on eBay for $60 and making a whopping $5 per copy after fees and force everyone who just wants one for their collection to pay more. But then again, LRG should have a system in place to prevent this crap.

#27854 The Rodfather   Mafia Don of Frugalness CAGiversary!   441 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Rodfather

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

Another LRG noob question so feel free to haze me. Are the pre-orders all that's produced or is there a second wave of orders on release day? I'm bummed to see I missed the Master Blaster Zero games by a couple months :(

#27855 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:53 PM

Another LRG noob question so feel free to haze me. Are the pre-orders all that's produced or is there a second wave of orders on release day? I'm bummed to see I missed the Master Blaster Zero games by a couple months :(

basically the pre orders are all they produce. One wave. but nintendo has thresholds for how many a publisher has to make. (hypothetically) So lets say there are 1422 pre-orders, well nintendo would force LRG to make a 1500 copies batch & not exactly 1422. So extras MIGHT be made but lrg usually puts those extras in blind boxes or for sale at conventions.

#27856 srocky26  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:09 PM

Best Buy is supposed to get some of at least the Switch version.

#27857 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:25 PM

Best Buy is supposed to get some of at least the Switch version.

bestbuy is also getting the PS4 version

#27858 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:29 PM

I really hope the bots and hoarders don't ruin Grandia for everyone by buying up all of the copies in 20 seconds so they can sell it on eBay for $60 and making a whopping $5 per copy after fees and force everyone who just wants one for their collection to pay more. But then again, LRG should have a system in place to prevent this crap.

it looks like the grandia HD is going to be a month long pre-order 

https://calendar.goo.../New_York&pli=1

#27859 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:29 PM

So, Grandia this upcoming Friday, right?  I am dying for a killer CE with the soundtrack.  Can't wait for some confirmation.

I didn't realize they're doing Grandia- when did they reveal that? Also, will it be the patched version? Not sure the patch does anything but better to have a fully updated copy. 

#27860 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:01 PM

I didn't realize they're doing Grandia- when did they reveal that? Also, will it be the patched version? Not sure the patch does anything but better to have a fully updated copy.

They announced it at their LRG3 show

#27861 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6486 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:04 PM

No CE unfortunately per Douglas.  Apparently the developer didn't want one.  

#27862 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:36 PM

For real no Grandia CE? Did Douglas say that on Twitter?

#27863 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37696 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:52 PM

No CE unfortunately per Douglas.  Apparently the developer didn't want one.  

This is the same developer whose CEO claimed no one would buy a physical version of the Grandia HD Collection, so I can't say I'm too surprised.

#27864 Jurai  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:59 PM

Doesn't the grandia hd version have a vasoline filter all over the place

#27865 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6486 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:09 AM

For real no Grandia CE? Did Douglas say that on Twitter?

Nope, Discord.

#27866 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:01 AM

Doesn't the grandia hd version have a vasoline filter all over the place

Yeah, it's pretty ugly looking but they said they were going to patch the graphics due feedback, but I'm not sure the patch did anything. I only saw the game pre-patch. 

#27867 adam81  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:25 AM

I know Grandia had good reviews back in the day, but I always felt it was pretty generic compared to other PS1 RPGs.  Hilarious voice acting though. Mostly from Mullen.

#27868 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

It looks like this game had its digital price reduced from its $39.99 launch price to $24.99. Hopefully the physical release is reflected of the lower price. That said, I know the game is short on content and won't have the DLC on disc.

For the collector's edition, the Dreamcast fanatic in me really wants that Dreamcast case (it'll match my 'Shenmue III' case, and I'm sensing a new trend here), and that poster is actually really cool, but the other do-dads...ick. Ok, the ring for the Move controller is neat. It's useless, but neat. But a fidget spinner? Fuck why?!

I personally think a lot of the content LRG includes in their collectors edition is just ho-hum, and SC5 is a perfect example of that. The included items are just bad.

#27869 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:10 PM

I wonder how much they'll charge for Grandia. $40? $50? 

#27870 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:51 PM

I wonder how much they'll charge for Grandia. $40? $50?

It is $40 digital, so probably $60