* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#27901 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:37 AM

Best Buy is desperate to get rid of their Limited Run Power Rangers stock with the price now down to $40.

I have to wonder if Best Buy is even going to carry the new retail release.  If they do they will likely have to sell the LRG version at the same price ($29.99) or less.

#27902 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:15 AM

LRG must not be confident in Grandia for whatever reason if they're still not promoting it this close to pre-order.

The rights holder (Gung Ho?) of Grandia is not allowing LRG to make any announcements yet.

#27903 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37687 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:52 PM

The rights holder (Gung Ho?) of Grandia is not allowing LRG to make any announcements yet.

I really wish someone else held the rights. This makes no sense from a business perspective.

#27904 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:21 PM

#27905 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

Best Buy is desperate to get rid of their Limited Run Power Rangers stock with the price now down to $40.

They aren't that desperate at $40.  They're gonna need to get more desperate than that if they want to get rid of them.

#27906 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2454 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:13 PM

$15 premium on an already $40 game? No thank you.

#27907 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3298 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:39 PM

$55... which will be over $60 with shipping... I think I'm going to resist the Grandia Collection for now. If BB get's it too and it's confirmed it has all the patches to fix the issues this version has... then I might consider it sometime in the future.

#27908 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:59 PM

$55... which will be over $60 with shipping... I think I'm going to resist the Grandia Collection for now. If BB get's it too and it's confirmed it has all the patches to fix the issues this version has... then I might consider it sometime in the future.

What are the issues? I haven't paid too much attention to Grandia

#27909 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:56 PM

I'm ok with them charging $55 for a JRPG. BUT!!, They're making you buy gamble on what cover you will get, which is fucking stupid. 

#27910 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:01 PM

I'm ok with them charging $55 for a JRPG. BUT!!, They're making you buy gamble on what cover you will get, which is fucking stupid. 

It says it’s a reversible cover, or am I missing something?  Too pricey for a bad looking port for me.  I’ve actually never bought a limited run games item before.  Was interested in this one until I saw screenshots, the original looks better even with worse resolution.  Sure the producer will blame low interest in the item rather than the poor port if it gets low sales though.

#27911 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:21 PM

It says it’s a reversible cover, or am I missing something?  Too pricey for a bad looking port for me.  I’ve actually never bought a limited run games item before.  Was interested in this one until I saw screenshots, the original looks better even with worse resolution.  Sure the producer will blame low interest in the item rather than the poor port if it gets low sales though.

"t includes a reversible cover and booklet. Which cover has been sealed outwards has been randomized by the factory. Orders of two copies or more will be guaranteed to get one of each sealed variant."

#27912 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:38 PM

Ah, ok, if your keeping it sealed as an investment I guess that would make a difference, otherwise it shouldn’t.  Yeah, weird that it’s random, I’ve never heard of that, it should just default to Grandia 1 being the default.  I guess another stupid decision by the rights holder.

#27913 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:51 PM

I wonder how quick the Atooi Collection will sell out tomorrow.  It has a decent print run of 4000 but it is the first LRG 3DS release and there is no purchase limit.  I don't think the games on it are top notch but given it is one of the last 3DS releases, I think I will try to pick one up.  I am kind of hoping LRG makes some other 3DS games as well but I haven't heard anything else on that topic.

#27914 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:42 PM

They aren't that desperate at $40.  They're gonna need to get more desperate than that if they want to get rid of them.

Well they are probably losing money on every copy they sell at that price. Luckily my store already moved through the Switch stock on this one.

#27915 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:34 AM

Ah, ok, if your keeping it sealed as an investment I guess that would make a difference, otherwise it shouldn’t. Yeah, weird that it’s random, I’ve never heard of that, it should just default to Grandia 1 being the default. I guess another stupid decision by the rights holder.

A lot of LRGs earlier releases had randomized outer covers

#27916 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:32 AM

Well they are probably losing money on every copy they sell at that price. Luckily my store already moved through the Switch stock on this one.

If Best Buy's deal with LRG is non-returnable and their profit margin on MSRP is less than 100%, that is one crazy deal that makes even less sense to me than it did before.  I've always assumed that LRG wasn't going to allow returns since they sold this Best Buy deal as BB ordering units just like the customer, except with a price break on qty.  But, if the retailer's cost is that high, I have no idea why this would be worth the risk.  

It must work since they keep doing it.  But, my local stores must really not be representative of how well these games move elsewhere.

#27917 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:29 AM

A lot of LRGs earlier releases had randomized outer covers

Never heard of it outside of limited run games then, which for the sake of my wallet I’ve historically just ignored.  They do have stuff I would like, but nothing that made me start down the rabbit hole yet.  Grandia could have been it, if it had a neat CE, but no CE, and reading more about the port itself, I’ll pass.  

#27918 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:39 AM

I wonder how quick the Atooi Collection will sell out tomorrow.  It has a decent print run of 4000 but it is the first LRG 3DS release and there is no purchase limit.  I don't think the games on it are top notch but given it is one of the last 3DS releases, I think I will try to pick one up.  I am kind of hoping LRG makes some other 3DS games as well but I haven't heard anything else on that topic.

I think it will sell pretty fast.  Maybe not as fast as Papers Please, but will probably sell out within 5 to 10 minutes after each batch starts.

Also, don't sleep on the Kemco RPG releasing Friday too, if you are into that sort of thing.  Their last few Kemco RPGs, despite being way overpriced, have sold out very fast.

#27919 Madzane  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:48 PM

As one of the last 3DS games and a no limit order I think Atooi will go pretty fast.

#27920 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:04 PM

Got my order of Atooi Collection CE and Seek Hearts in.  Was thinking about picking up another Atooi for a future possible trade, but decided against it.

#27921 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:04 PM

sweet i got what i wanted today Atooi Collection Collector's Edition (3DS), Seek Hearts (PS4) and Star Wars Episode I: Racer (PS4)

#27922 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:10 PM

Grabbed Atooi. Glad they made a ton of copies.

#27923 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:13 PM

What are the issues? I haven't paid too much attention to Grandia

https://www.reddit.c..._bugs_feedback/

While the NS has gotten some cool ports, thus far, many of them seem like they're inferior than the originals or just lazy. 

#27924 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:17 PM

https://www.reddit.c..._bugs_feedback/

While the NS has gotten some cool ports, thus far, many of them seem like they're inferior than the originals or just lazy. 

Wow that is a lot of issue. Thank you for the information. I didnt realize it was a bad port

#27925 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14185 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:51 PM

Forgot about Atooi this morning. Will have to set an alarm and try tonight.

I did get the SC5 and Grandia HD in one order.

#27926 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10114 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

Honestly for the few hours I played it the port of Grandia HD played decently enough. The game feels kind of boring now though. My nostalgia is not clouding it. The battle system is still good. I was just bored playing it. It's playable at least.

#27927 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1840 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

Forgot about Atooi this morning. Will have to set an alarm and try tonight.

I did get the SC5 and Grandia HD in one order.

You should be able to grab a copy easily. First batch took over 2 hours to sell out. CE is still in stock. Sold a lot slower than I thought it would.

#27928 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:23 PM

You should be able to grab a copy easily. First batch took over 2 hours to sell out. CE is still in stock. Sold a lot slower than I thought it would.

Yeah. I thought this would be more like the Axion Verge Wii U release (i.e. one of the last new releases on the system). Seems like people have lost interest in 3DS titles now

#27929 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:46 PM

If Best Buy's deal with LRG is non-returnable and their profit margin on MSRP is less than 100%, that is one crazy deal that makes even less sense to me than it did before.  I've always assumed that LRG wasn't going to allow returns since they sold this Best Buy deal as BB ordering units just like the customer, except with a price break on qty.  But, if the retailer's cost is that high, I have no idea why this would be worth the risk.  

It must work since they keep doing it.  But, my local stores must really not be representative of how well these games move elsewhere.

Games not being returnable isn't unique to LRG. Most times you see a game as a deal of the day it's to offload something they bought too much of. LRG just isn't helping them with a kickback when they put their stuff on sale to move through stock.

#27930 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:46 PM

Picked up Grandia, Ys Origin and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer!