* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#23131 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6201 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:12 PM

So let's say I buy Project Lux tomorrow, VR06 release. Then I get a shipping notice shortly after, and it sits for 3-4 weeks, not even picked up by USPS. I come here to talk about my situation...

At this point, would you and others proclaim "well you're the fool who did business with a company who was known for having poor customer service"?

I guess we'll never know, because the point remains that you're not a customer and have no personal experience to contribute to the discussion.  

#23132 adam81  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

Here’s a question, who here has forgotten what games they’ve ordered from LRG that are unfulfilled? I have 16 orders unfulfilled right now and can’t remember half of them. Just looking and I still have An Elysian Tale CE still unfulfilled from August 2018. Any idea when they’ll ship those?

You're buying way too much if you can't remember haha.

My open orders are Jak 1,2 CE's, Strangers Wrath CE, some VR game, Curse of the Moon CE. Jak was purchased on Dec. 8th and it's TBA.

#23133 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:32 PM

Then I get a shipping notice shortly after, and it sits for 3-4 weeks, not even picked up by USPS. I come here to talk about my situation...

This is a terrible example. Most people actually familiar with the logistics of shipping can relate to this. It is not uncommon for smaller companies to print shipping labels before they actually have an item in hand. It increases efficiency to have the label ready to go so that when the item does actually come in, you can box up the shipment, slap the label on, and have it out the door. In the case of LRG, they are prepping the shipping labels before the games have been printed. That is what causes the scenario you're describing. This isn't a problem, or even an issue. It's just standard prep-work as part of their shipping process. Nothing is lost, nothing is going wrong. Any customer who gets freaked out by this scenario is just overly antsy about getting their package, and can't seem to parse out what is actually happening. It's usually not even a matter of mis-information. The expected delivery date doesn't get posted until the package is actually shipped, so there's no real reason for the customer to expect their package a few days after the label gets printed. It's just customers being neurotic and not understanding the situation.

Signing up for a pre-order, and then getting that pre-order close to a year and a half afterwards, that's an issue worth considering. And it's happened with LRG. It happened with a game I ordered. There were regular updates on the status of that game, and the issue wasn't actually created by LRG themselves, but it was an issue, and I could understand consumers shying away based on such an experience. (which was certainly sub-optimal)

#23134 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

You will get your game eventually, so calm down.

Heck most will probably not ever even open the game, and just oogle it from a shelf

I’ve ordered over dozen game and not one has ever not arrived,

#23135 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

This is a terrible example. Most people actually familiar with the logistics of shipping can relate to this. It is not uncommon for smaller companies to print shipping labels before they actually have an item in hand. It increases efficiency to have the label ready to go so that when the item does actually come in, you can box up the shipment, slap the label on, and have it out the door. In the case of LRG, they are prepping the shipping labels before the games have been printed. That is what causes the scenario you're describing. This isn't a problem, or even an issue. It's just standard prep-work as part of their shipping process. Nothing is lost, nothing is going wrong. Any customer who gets freaked out by this scenario is just overly antsy about getting their package, and can't seem to parse out what is actually happening. It's usually not even a matter of mis-information. The expected delivery date doesn't get posted until the package is actually shipped, so there's no real reason for the customer to expect their package a few days after the label gets printed. It's just customers being neurotic and not understanding the situation.

Signing up for a pre-order, and then getting that pre-order close to a year and a half afterwards, that's an issue worth considering. And it's happened with LRG. It happened with a game I ordered. There were regular updates on the status of that game, and the issue wasn't actually created by LRG themselves, but it was an issue, and I could understand consumers shying away based on such an experience. (which was certainly sub-optimal)

I understand the logistics and the why behind it. I still don't believe it to be acceptable to print a label and wait months to actually ship. It just goes to show how behind they are. 

For a one man shop, 'Joe smoe' on eBay who ships only on Wednesdays once a week, I get doing batch or bulk orders. For a semi-reputable company who has been in business for several years now, they should have their head on straight.

#23136 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

I still don't believe it to be acceptable to print a label and wait months to actually ship. It just goes to show how behind they are. 

Why? Printing a label does not constitute shipping, it just means you are preparing to ship. If anything, printing the label early indicates that the company is willing to spend the money to guarantee the shipping ahead of time. It should create less uncertainty, not more. You have to pay to have those labels printed. Whether they have the product or not, they are willing to spend the money on its eventual shipping. Paying to print the labels early isn't a bad thing.

If you were looking to complain about something, it should be that they consistently sell games that they don't actually have in stock. And at times they are not indicated as pre-orders, even though they are usually transparent about when they do and don't have the games in hand. Ordering a game a variable amount of time before its even produced is far more unsettling. How can you be sure if it will even get produced? How do you get your money back if the game gets canceled first? Those are real concerns. That is a discussion worth having. This weird hang-up on early-printed shipping labels is just stupid.

#23137 srocky26  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Golf Story CE available on fangamer

https://www.fangamer...lectors-edition

#23138 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7027 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

Golf Story CE available on fangamer

https://www.fangamer...lectors-edition

Was just gonna pass this along, but I figured someone else would, so thanks for saving me the trouble. LOL

#23139 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

astrotide

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:22 AM

You will get your game eventually, so calm down.

Heck most will probably not ever even open the game, and just oogle it from a shelf

I’ve ordered over dozen game and not one has ever not arrived,

Crap.

I made a huge mistake.

I opened every single game I purchased.

I didn't even realize.... please forgive me.

#23140 SuperCalo2000  

SuperCalo2000

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

I wish I could find a physical Iconoclast for Vita.  :pray:

#23141 Tothoro  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:05 AM

I wish I could find a physical Iconoclast for Vita.  :pray:

They haven't shipped out yet, I'm sure they'll pop up on eBay when they do.

#23142 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6431 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:24 AM

How can you be sure if it will even get produced? How do you get your money back if the game gets canceled first? Those are real concerns. That is a discussion worth having. This weird hang-up on early-printed shipping labels is just stupid.

Well, if they printed your shipping label a month ago and you still got no tracking update, how can you be sure that they didn't lose or forgot about it? How can you be sure it will even get shipped? When do you determine that you might not get your package? Any issue with LRG is worth discussing in a thread that is titled Limited Run Game Thread. 

LRG Package 1: Preparation shipping status notification on 2/20   Current Status: Nothing

LRG Package 2: Preparation shipping status notification on 3/6     Status: Shipped on 3/8 and Delivered on 3/12

Obviously, my concern is valid.

#23143 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6201 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:58 AM

Well, if they printed your shipping label a month ago and you still got no tracking update, how can you be sure that they didn't lose or forgot about it? How can you be sure it will even get shipped? When do you determine that you might not get your package? Any issue with LRG is worth discussing in a thread that is titled Limited Run Game Thread. 

LRG Package 1: Preparation shipping status notification on 2/20   Current Status: Nothing

LRG Package 2: Preparation shipping status notification on 3/6     Status: Shipped on 3/8 and Delivered on 3/12

Obviously, my concern is valid.

Have you contacted LRG about the problem?  What exactly do you think posting in this thread is going to accomplish with regard to your issue?  This is not the Limited Run Games customer service thread.  

#23144 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:02 AM

For both of these I think it has to do with the quantities BB ordered and for Yooka-Laylee the price is definitely coming into play too.  Yooka-Laylee is selling for $49.99 (with virtually no chance at a sale or discount besides GCU) while the PS4 and XB1 versions go for $19.99 or less.  I also think I remembered hearing that BB ordered 20K copies of Yooka-Laylee (which is crazy) and 10K copies of Golf Story (which is more reasonable but still a little high for a niche title).  There more recent releases have been in the 5K - 8K range if I remember hearing correctly.

Do they have an agreement where they cant discount them?

#23145 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6431 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:08 AM

Have you contacted LRG about the problem?  What exactly do you think posting in this thread is going to accomplish with regard to your issue?  This is not the Limited Run Games customer service thread.  

I have, and I posted to see if anyone else is having the same issue. What is wrong with that?

This is not the bojay thread where he/she can determine what can be discussed or not.  All discussion of LRG positive or negative should be welcomed.

#23146 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

Well, if they printed your shipping label a month ago and you still got no tracking update, how can you be sure that they didn't lose or forgot about it? How can you be sure it will even get shipped? When do you determine that you might not get your package? Any issue with LRG is worth discussing in a thread that is titled Limited Run Game Thread.

LRG Package 1: Preparation shipping status notification on 2/20 Current Status: Nothing
LRG Package 2: Preparation shipping status notification on 3/6 Status: Shipped on 3/8 and Delivered on 3/12

Obviously, my concern is valid.

Don’t listen to the Loose Rattling Games apologists on here
I’m in the same boat with these greedy cunts.
Feb 17 shipping label and 6 weeks later nothing. The fucking kickeris these games (Bastion
And Everspace) date back to Aug. Both games are some of my most anticipated games. Grew up
On Colony Wars.

Two Words:

Da Fuk

#23147 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

I have, and I posted to see if anyone else is having the same issue. What is wrong with that?

This is not the bojay thread where he/she can determine what can be discussed or not.  All discussion of LRG positive or negative should be welcomed.

I said this to him already but 10 pages later he hasn’t got the memo. There is nothing you can say to him to change his mind, he will continue to be an LRG apologist no matter how valid your concerns may or may not be.

#23148 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6201 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:03 AM

Good news!  There is a thread that was created for exactly this kind of discussion.  Here is the link, feel free to use it.

https://www.cheapass...cussion-thread/

#23149 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6431 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:09 AM

I prefer to use this thread, the most active one!

#23150 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6201 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:34 AM

I prefer to use this thread, the most active one!

Of course, because the truth is you're not really here for discussion or to solve a problem, you're here to trash LRG and the people that have had good experiences and therefore are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  The day that LRG takes our money and disappears, I will be happy to acknowledge the validity of your criticisms.  Until that day, I will continue to share information in this thread about upcoming releases just as the thread was intended and I will call out pointless complaints that have been raised a million times before.  Like I said, there is nothing anyone here can do for you and if you want to continue to discuss LRG's business practices and other issues, there look to be maybe five or six of you with a similar perspective that can keep that other dead thread plenty busy with your repeated complaints about the same exact things over and over and over.  That will leave the rest of us here where we belong so we can actually share useful information.      

#23151 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

b2bdbec451aab0ee009d017008c43726.jpg

#23152 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:49 AM

But if I purchase a fast pass, can I go in front of everyone else?

#23153 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6431 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:57 AM

Of course, because the truth is you're not really here for discussion or to solve a problem, you're here to trash LRG and the people that have had good experiences and therefore are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  The day that LRG takes our money and disappears, I will be happy to acknowledge the validity of your criticisms.  Until that day, I will continue to share information in this thread about upcoming releases just as the thread was intended and I will call out pointless complaints that have been raised a million times before.  Like I said, there is nothing anyone here can do for you and if you want to continue to discuss LRG's business practices and other issues, there look to be maybe five or six of you with a similar perspective that can keep that other dead thread plenty busy with your repeated complaints about the same exact things over and over and over.  That will leave the rest of us here where we belong so we can actually share useful information.      

Please tell me how I am trashing LRG or "the people that have had good experiences" when I am just bringing up an issue that I am having?

#23154 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4884 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

Guys, we all have the ability to make this a reality--every time we post--just remember that. 

2e8cjb.jpg

#23155 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:16 AM

Please tell me how I am trashing LRG or "the people that have had good experiences" when I am just bringing up an issue that I am having?

Just ignore him man, you're just waiting your time

#23156 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12296 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:17 AM

Do they have an agreement where they cant discount them?

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm guessing LRG wouldn't give BB any sort of refund or credit if they put them on sale so BB would be taking a financial hit.  At some point BB may decide to get rid of all the excess stock of Yooka-Laylee and take a hit though.

Also, Undertale is a similar title that Best Buy sells (small publisher - Fangamer) and it has only ever been on sale once - during Black Friday week - for $24.99 (which was actually more expensive than if you bought it at regular price with GCU since GCU did not work during BF).

#23157 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

project lux on sale now

#23158 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12296 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Why? Printing a label does not constitute shipping, it just means you are preparing to ship. If anything, printing the label early indicates that the company is willing to spend the money to guarantee the shipping ahead of time. It should create less uncertainty, not more. You have to pay to have those labels printed. Whether they have the product or not, they are willing to spend the money on its eventual shipping. Paying to print the labels early isn't a bad thing.

Not to keep beating this dead horse, but the emails I got on February 20th for orders that were shipping (and 4 of which took nearly a month to get to me) all said in the subject line "A shipment from order # XXXXX is on the way" and in the body said "your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see your delivery status." 

Nowhere in the email did it just say a label was created. It implied the items were actually shipping.

#23159 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12296 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

project lux on sale now

Already under 16% left in the first batch.

#23160 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2601 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:13 PM

It was mentioned that this isn't a customer service thread...

Initially it did serve on some level as a customer service thread as we had official representatives (not hidden behind other user names, or shills) from the company posting and responding. Since the public side of LRG has opted out of the thread it's left it as more of a support group for LRG.  We help each other by posting about upcoming games, discussing them (critically on the positive and negative), discussing shipping delays, discussing damaged items, exploring concerns, and whatever else about the company we wish to discuss.

I want to encourage everyone... if you don't want to spur up discussion of certain things regarding LRG... then opt out of commenting as the best way to kill a conversation is not to participate.

project lux on sale now

Looks like the first batch was 1000 copies.

Nowhere in the email did it just say a label was created. It implied the items were actually shipping.

I think it's a legit complaint even if we can kind of guess what LRG is actually doing to generate labels in advance... it's confusing to customers... especially when labels created the same day can both ship immediately while others end up in limbo for a month.