* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - West of Loathing Pre-order opens on August 17

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#19801 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6387 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:20 PM

They don't want the more broken PS4 version, I think.

I was referring to no Vita version being offered and I figured Wings was the same, but he may have just not wanted the game for other reasons.

#19802 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3333 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

Out?

I’d only be interested in a Vita version. I personally don’t collect on PS4 (though I do have a dozen LRG PS4 releases lol)

#19803 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6387 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

So who's getting what today? I know Phantom Breakers has been one of the more requested titles, but I'm not to familiar with the game, but it looks cool so I'm grabbing a Vita copy. Sucks the Vita version won't get all the content, but it is what it is.

I also want Oxenfree for the NS, but I'm going to wait until next Friday, and hope West of Loathing sticks to it's release date. That way, I can combine 2 in 1 for better shipping. It's sucks to only get one Vita title this week, as I like to combine those when possible as well. But from here on out, I'm guessing this will be the new norm, as just not that many titles left overall. And between LRG & Play-Asia, I still end up with a pretty decent amount of Vita games each month anyways. Which is beyond insane for a system that has been on life support for so long(VITA is life Bitches). LOL

#19804 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

In for a vita copy. I didn't even look into the other game because I can't afford to keep up with this extra surprise shit. I budgeted what I could for lrg but they've bled me dry. It might be a cool game but I'm too burnt out.

Not to mention this will be the 7th game they owe me that I've purchased and won't have for several weeks or months.

#19805 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

In for a vita copy. I didn't even look into the other game because I can't afford to keep up with this extra surprise shit. I budgeted what I could for lrg but they've bled me dry. It might be a cool game but I'm too burnt out.

Not to mention this will be the 7th game they owe me that I've purchased and won't have for several weeks or months.

When you buy the game they tell you it won’t ship for several months. That’s like buying a preorder game and getting upset that it doesn’t ship right away..

#19806 Tothoro  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

When you buy the game they tell you it won’t ship for several months. That’s like buying a preorder game and getting upset that it doesn’t ship right away..

It's easy to be dismissive, but there are a few things to consider:

1. Games used to be shipped out a lot faster - there were times when I'd order a game and receive it the next week in 2017.
  2. The forecasted dates they give on the listing aren't always accurate (per the recent Sony update, everything seems to be delayed about a month from what was expected).

That being said, I don't take issue with the way they're handling it because they provide regular(-ish) updates, have never failed to deliver, and a lot of the delays are due to issues outside of their control. However, I can definitely empathize with the opposing viewpoint as well; not everyone keeps up with LRG on mediums where updates are posted, and delays are never fun.

#19807 RatedIM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

Haven't bought anything from LRG in a while. I was looking into Phantom Breaker since it does look interesting and noticed there's no limit on the number of copies that can be purchased. Is that new for this release? I remember there used to be a limit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#19808 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

Tothoro I get your point. I guess from my perspective I have enough games to play for the rest of my life so waiting a few months for a game is no big deal. I won’t buy digital so I will gladly pay a little more and wait for a physical copy if it’s a game I really want to play. On a different note, that everspace game looks pretty interesting. I rally wish PS4 had VR mode but it should still be fun either way. I’m not a fan of being forced to buy a soundtrack with it though.

#19809 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

So who's getting what today? I know Phantom Breakers has been one of the more requested titles, but I'm not to familiar with the game, but it looks cool so I'm grabbing a Vita copy. Sucks the Vita version won't get all the content, but it is what it is.

I also want Oxenfree for the NS, but I'm going to wait until next Friday, and hope West of Loathing sticks to it's release date. That way, I can combine 2 in 1 for better shipping. It's sucks to only get one Vita title this week, as I like to combine those when possible as well. But from here on out, I'm guessing this will be the new norm, as just not that many titles left overall. And between LRG & Play-Asia, I still end up with a pretty decent amount of Vita games each month anyways. Which is beyond insane for a system that has been on life support for so long(VITA is life Bitches). LOL

Still debating on whether to get Phantom Breaker CE (pretty cool CE so cant resist) for PS4/Vita. Only thing stopping me from Vita is that it’s “missing” what PS4 has. Also thinking about adding Bastion as well but might wait on that.

#19810 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

The only thing stopping me from Phantom Breaker is the inevitable Switch release.

#19811 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

In for a copy of Phantom Breaker on each platform, regular copies on each.  New rule no more CE's for me.  Also putting in my orders for 1 of each Bastion.  I kind of interested in Late Shift, but from what I've heard it's not up to par compared to The Bunker and my budget is already crying.

#19812 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11331 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

What's different between Phantom Breaker  PS4 & Vita version? It's the same game or different game?

#19813 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

What's different between Phantom Breaker  PS4 & Vita version? It's the same game or different game?

The PS4 one has all the DLC for the game, the vita one is just the base game.

#19814 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11331 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

How big is DLC? extra 2-5 hours?

#19815 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

How big is DLC? extra 2-5 hours?

I can't say.  Never played the dlc.

#19816 RatedIM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

The only thing stopping me from Phantom Breaker is the inevitable Switch release.

I believe the switch version doesn't have online play. If that matters to you. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#19817 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11331 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

Never mind.  I will waits for Switch version instead PS4 version ;)

#19818 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

Done & done.

#19819 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

That was easy. Just got the PS4 version of Phantam Breaker. Looking forward to some couch co-op. :D

#19820 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

The regular versions of Phantom Breaker seems to be going faster than the CE's

#19821 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

Ended up getting the Vita CE and Bastion. Hope I don’t regret this decision.

#19822 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

And the regular version of Battlegrounds on the vita is sold out.

#19823 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11382 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

The regular versions of Phantom Breaker seems to be going faster than the CE's

This doesn't surprise me too much as CEs don't really feel special when nearly every game they release has one.  I personally went with the Vita CE and the PS4 standard version.  Also picked up Late Shift as that looks fun, and added Oxenfree since I hadn't ordered that yet.

#19824 Tothoro  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

I can't say.  Never played the dlc.

The DLC is extra characters. If you're trying to complete it, it easily adds another 10 hours or so for the trophies. Kurisu is one of the extra characters, so it was worth it to me.

Tothoro I get your point. I guess from my perspective I have enough games to play for the rest of my life so waiting a few months for a game is no big deal. I won’t buy digital so I will gladly pay a little more and wait for a physical copy if it’s a game I really want to play. On a different note, that everspace game looks pretty interesting. I rally wish PS4 had VR mode but it should still be fun either way. I’m not a fan of being forced to buy a soundtrack with it though.

Same here. At this point for me it's mostly a collection element (although I would play every single game I buy if I had the time to). Once Vita production ends I'm probably going to be buying a lot less, especially at MSRP/retail prices. My wallet gently weeps.

#19825 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2545 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

The biggest difference for Phantom Breaker is probably not the DLC, but rather the local co-op support. The Vita has never been big on local co-op or multiplayer, for obvious reasons. (needing multiple copies of the game and/or multiple Vitas, and the PSTV never having a strong multiplayer focus) As such, the PS4 version of Phantom Breaker is going to have better local multiplayer support. If nothing else, it is much easier to pair up 2-4 controllers on the PS4. I'm not sure the Vita can pair to more than one controller at a time, and I've never heard of the PSTV pairing to more than two at a time. (and it is very rare for Vita games to support local multiplayer on the software side, Nidhogg is one of the only games I've tried this way)

So the Vita version is largely going to be a single-player or ad-hoc multiplayer experience. (most likely with friends who get the digital copy) But the PS4 will support 4 Dualshocks right away. Given the nature and style of the game, it is easy to see why many might lean toward the PS4 version, and only be looking for the Vita version as a curiosity.

#19826 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4698 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

I believe the switch version doesn't have online play. If that matters to you. I could be wrong.

They will add it via free update after Nintendo Switch Online launches. However, the game is made easier and removes all alternate routes from the PS4 version.  :-

#19827 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2057 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

Using pstv, skull girls and ps1 classics also could use two players local. No idea regarding phantom

#19828 Eh? What?   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

Late Shift has no limit for the number of copies you can buy, as opposed to the regular 2 (or 1) copy limit.  When is the last time they did that for a release right from the get-go?

#19829 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

Today was surprisingly smooth and easy. I really can't over state how much quicker things have gone since I switched to using my credit card vs paypal. I have my main one saved in Chrome/Google, which helps immensely. I'd say it takes about half the time vs using Paypal--makes me thankful that I was able to get the hotter items back when these mornings actually turned into a bloodbath. Haha

#19830 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6387 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

This doesn't surprise me too much as CEs don't really feel special when nearly every game they release has one.  I personally went with the Vita CE and the PS4 standard version. 

Yeah, I wanted to support this CE for the art book alone, as I've been requesting those for ages. Now, for the reason you gave, I've been passing on all CE pretty much since the start of 2018. Since I've already missed on on so many CE, even now having an art book seems to little to late at this point for me. I may still get a few before the US Vita production stops, but it will have to be for a game I have a HUGE interest in, and not just because it's a CE.

I agree, these CE used to go ASAP, as they where much more limited and didn't happen as often as they do now. For me personally, I stopped due to the overwhelming numbers of it all for sure, and I'm sure many others have as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: limited run games, omg so rare, ps4, vita