- - - - -

Halo Wars 2 - Gen. Discussion Out 2/21/17 for Xbox One & WIn 10

Halo Halo Wars Microsoft Studios RTS

#31 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Finished the game, 👌 got a few Blitz games in and I'm 1-2 so far. The first one match making set us up with a R10 and 2nd game R21. Um, I'm R6 and yeah when we got set up with two R6s we took it fairly easily. It's a lot of fun if it's balanced skills wise.

#32 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10969 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

Finished the game, got a few Blitz games in and I'm 1-2 so far. The first one match making set us up with a R10 and 2nd game R21. Um, I'm R6 and yeah when we got set up with two R6s we took it fairly easily. It's a lot of fun if it's balanced skills wise.

So the MP portions of the game, do they allow co-op vs. bots?

#33 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

So the MP portions of the game, do they allow co-op vs. bots?

They do but not for Blitz.
Deathmatch
Domination
Strongholds all do though.

Edit: Actually there's a whole other mode I didn't see before. Yes you can play the A.I. In Blitz Firefight, a wave of attacks with minimal energy. Just played a match today after reading about that mode's achievements and went huh?

#34 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

New hero unit inbound...

3199774-kinsano.jpg

343 says expect new content the third Weds of the month.

"Just because the game has launched doesn't mean the work is done," the developer said. "In fact, very far from it, as the Creative Assembly and 343 teams are hard at work on upcoming patches as well as future downloadable content."

Also

"Additionally, work and investigations continue into online connectivity, latency, and performance issues that some players have been reporting," 343 said. "We're aware that some players are still experiencing issues and it's a top priority area of focus for the team."

Thumbsup emoji

#35 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Lol everybody is out getting a Switch or playing Zelda and I'm here playing Halo Wars 2 PvP (insert Spider-Man at desk meme). I recently found out that GameSpot gave it a 6/10 and reading their review I remember why I don't visit that site anymore. What a load of shit.
The campaign's story was better than Halo 5 and the mission variety was inspired off of StarCraft II and modern day RTS titles (build up your base and attack the enemy is very retro now). One of my favorite games of last gen was BfME II - GameSpot gave a 83/100 - and it uses the similar control scheme, which was used for HW1 as well. HW2's control scheme IMPROVES on that control scheme! Did they even play it on PC I wonder?

Blitz Mode could be its own game tbh, esp with how successfully received GWENT was in The Witcher 3. It's highly addicting to do a match because they're fairly fast and then dive back into deck management with either the cards you just got or changing up your strategies.

/Rant

Oh and I was looking at the achievements for daily or weekly challenges in HW2 and there is one, Long-Term Commitment, for "Complete at least 1 Weekly Challenge each week for a month."
Yeah it is beneficial to do challenges, some reward Blitz packs and all reward XP, which again can lead to a pack for each level you increase you receive a Gold Blitz Pack. That said, Hahaha, dafuq you smokin', who's gonna do that? Also there's talk that achievements based on those challenges are glitched lol.

#36 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

Dailies for me were play 3 blitz matches, use Decimus 2 times and use all 3 Banished leaders. Super easy

Guy hijacked my Blisterback with Jerome Spartan. I go ah shit, followed by laughter on his end. Then I call in one of my powers and destroy the now dead Blisterback and I hear "aaawww" on the other end lol. I love Blitz Mode (if you go up against rank like opponents or same unit levels - seriously WTF go up against lv4 locust and shit- and you gotta work as a team). 1 vs 1 is heartpounding, just won a match where I beat the opposing player by 2 points! Sweating bullets

Edit: Video link: http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/27921944

Edited by Spybreak9, 06 March 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#37 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Demo didn't engage me too much. I much prefer what XCOM has done with strategy. Hope ya'll still support Microsoft and these kind of titles need to be made and end up successful!

#38 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

Demo didn't engage me too much. I much prefer what XCOM has done with strategy. Hope ya'll still support Microsoft and these kind of titles need to be made and end up successful!

Curious what's given in the demo?

One of the best parts, aside from the really good campaign, is the multiplayer, Deathmatch/Domination/Strongholds/Blitz/Blitz Firefight.

#39 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

Well it was bound to happen lol.
3-10-2017_1-22-08_AM.png

#40 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

A heads up, 4 rare achievements popped for me when I started up Halo Wars 2 tonight, also stating a 7GB update to start downloading and take priority over my queue! We're those borked before?

Some light reading
Just the facts
Heroes never die
Bear necessities

All popped and have done seriously nice artwork too.

#41 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Apparently Kinsano was in that update.

#42 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

New Banished leader is Colony, coming April 19th:

https://www.halowayp...eggo-my-lekgolo

#43 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

Update Alert, a big one too. Colony is live.

https://www.halowayp...ig-team-bonanza

Sooooo my Halo Wars 2 updated with a 27.5GB patch last night... jesus. Apparenlty it's like this;

1. Hard reset your console, re-launch the game and your download should begin right away. HOWEVER - this will almost certainly result in you having to download 27GB (entire game) rather than just the 10.1GB patch.

https://www.halowayp...89ca241c2/posts

Ahh that explains a lot.

#44 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

So it looks like the team behind Halo Wars 2 are showing a new mode, Terminus Firefight, for the Awakening The Nightmare expansion (where you'll play a Banished campaign, fighting as Atriox's Lieutenants.) that's coming to the game at E3. This new mode is a horde mode like battle where you'll face wave after wave of enemies after you build up your base along with other players all trying to unite and survive against the threat. Also, the flood are coming to Halo Wars 2, only as baddies, not as a playable faction. Two new leaders are planned to roll out for June as well. More in link following: https://news.xbox.co...ows-10-pc-fall/

And Halowaypoint Post: https://www.halowayp...g-the-nightmare

Edited by Spybreak9, 15 June 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#45 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Holy shit, the two new leaders are Jerome & Arbiter! Jerome gets a Command Mantis, Mastodon unit & Omega Team joins the fight! Arbiter grants you Enforcer & Phantoms, some classic Covenant units enter the fray! Read more about it here: https://www.halowayp...news/know-scope

#46 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

FYI, I heard they fixed en but yeah I just unlocked Short-term Commitment. I'm a believer now. Might go for Long-time Commitment now lol.

#47 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

New leaders are live. 👍

#48 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

So having Jerome on the field or an Omega Team Spartan can really turn the tide or Fuck up your day lol as their ability to hijack vehicles can give them a free Grizzly or a new Scorpion, Wraith, etc. That really throws a wrench into things. Also the new Mastodon unit that Jerome controls is basically a big APC so throw everyone into it and drive over to the area where you need to go and eject out your small little army. Same with the Phantom, the Arbiter's new toy.

#49 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

Info on new campaign missions - with a ODST vibe to it? - and new leader, Serena is back - lol the cold bitch uses cold effects as her perks.
https://www.halowayp...ews/stay-frosty

#50 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Update is up, more info here: https://www.halowayp...arbreaker-drops

SpearBreaker & Serina Trailer

Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak9, 27 July 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#51 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

Both missions in SpearBreaker are timed, you'll have to do a set objective in the time allotted to you. I just did the 2nd mission, got Silver, Bronze on the 1st mission. I need to work on my rustiness. My par time was not the greatest and I didn't really accomplish any optional objectives (which will give you more points overall). That said the mini-campaign is a lot of fun and a good challenge. It reminded me of the last mission with the original Halo Wars, you've gotta get things done before the timer goes to zero.

Edited by Spybreak9, 02 August 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#52 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Awakening the Nightmare, the flood are back, is launching Sept 26th.

This expansion will have a new playable campaign, -with new Blur cinematics too- as well as Terminus Firefight & new maps added to its multiplayer. More info here: https://news.xbox.co...e-september-26/

#53 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

For you Halo favoring lore folks, looks like Dark Horse has Halo: Rise of Atriox digitally.

An anthology based on 2017's Halo Wars 2, the real-time strategy video game from 343 Industries, which introduced a new ruthless villain, Atriox.

Atriox, the legendary Brute under the command of the alien collective known as the Covenant, leads a Brute assault against a UNSC military outpost. Wave after wave of Brutes are lost attacking the human outpost defended by a group of UNSC marines, the ruthless Atriox soldiers on. As his comrades fall, Atriox's hatred for the Covenant grows.

This five-chapter anthology collects stories by acclaimed comics creators Cullen Bunn, Jody Houser, John Jackson Miller, Alex Irvine, Claire Roe, Josan Gonzalez, Jonathan Wayshak, and Tristan Jones.

#54 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

The digital expansion for Halo Wars 2, Awakening the Nightmare is out, is 22.58 GB. Again, new campaign, right where you left off from the main story most likely.

#55 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

"Get a taste of Halo Wars 2's Awakening the Nightmare expansion with the new Terminus Firefight demo for Windows 10": https://www.microsof.../r/9NGKLB7H37JH

#56 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

Crossplay is here. Not sure how I feel about that lol but good news is it's not in every mode.

NEW FEATURES
Added support for 4K Ultra HD & HDR gameplay on Xbox One X
Crossplay is here for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs!
- Crossplay will be supported for Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all UNRANKED Playlists
- All of the existing ranked playlists will remain platform-specific for the sake of fairness and parity
- For players who really want to see how console stacks up against PC, a new playlist called "Ranked 3v3 X War" will be added that will support crossplay.
- Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.

Edit: Added new info to wiki.

An interview with 343 about 4K/HDR additions/improvements.

https://news.xbox.co...ed-halo-wars-2/

Edited by Spybreak9, 06 November 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#57 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

Still BF deals & with DH Comics you can grab the Rise of Atriox comics for 50% off.

https://digital.dark...ise-of-atriox-1

#58 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

Awakening the Nightmare campaign reminds me of Starcraft II. I think they did a good job and the story kicks off right where you left off with the main campaign. Two leaders are added, two Brute brothers and they are pretty badass hero units. New gameplay mechanics are introduced with one of the leaders who can leave pools of damaging radiation on the battlefield.This can come in handy when dealing with Flood pods.