* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#31 chipzilla   Talk real good 'cause I'm smart 'n stuff CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Surprised at Marvel Pinball and the PS4 Zen Pinball 2 Marvel packs being on sale, but none of the table packs for ZP2 on PS3/Vita.

I was gonna say don't buy the ZP2 versions of the Marvel tables if you want them for the standalone Marvel Pinball game also, because you get the ZP2 versions of the tables if you buy the MP versions, but not the other way around (correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure about this). But with these packs, you don't even get the PS3/Vita ZP2 versions.

chipzilla.pngcard.png

#32 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64906 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

I was gonna say don't buy the ZP2 versions of the Marvel tables if you want them for the standalone Marvel Pinball game also, because you get the ZP2 versions of the tables if you buy the MP versions, but not the other way around (correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure about this). But with these packs, you don't even get the PS3/Vita ZP2 versions.

There's no backwards Cross Buy for Zen Pinball 2 tables, just from PS3/Vita to PS4. I made sure to put a note for that in the OP.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#33 ritchardf  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

looks like that preorder of the batman telltale game gives you the wolf among us for free.

#34 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Nice.

I'm eyeing DMC myself.

#35 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

Two questions:

Is infamous first light worth it to fans of infamous?
Is the Arkham Knight season pass worth it?
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#36 chipzilla   Talk real good 'cause I'm smart 'n stuff CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

There's no backwards Cross Buy for Zen Pinball 2 tables, just from PS3/Vita to PS4. I made sure to put a note for that in the OP.

Yeah, know that. But I was pointing out there is also no backwards Cross Buy from ZP2 PS3/Vita to Marvel Pinball for the Marvel tables.

Moot point anyways, seeing as these are just the PS4 packs.

chipzilla.pngcard.png

#37 chipzilla   Talk real good 'cause I'm smart 'n stuff CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

Two questions:

To the first question:

Playing it currently. Just started, but liking it so far. Plays just like Second Son with only the neon ability and Fetch as the character.

chipzilla.pngcard.png

#38 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

At first glance I don't know if I want two of these Play games. 20% off coupon is a nice incentive though so I will look more into them.

PSN: sic2291 
Steam: Pimpalicious1987

#39 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

Aw yiss new thread

I'm considering getting Maverick Hunter X, but I'm pretty low on cash right now. (Plus I can play it on my PSP..)

#40 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3332 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

Great work frisky !!

Tastes like chicken.

#41 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

Thanks, Frisky!
Posted Image

#42 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

At first glance I don't know if I want two of these Play games. 20% off coupon is a nice incentive though so I will look more into them.

Decided to bite on Bound. My girlfriends a ballet teacher and doesn't really game, but I'm hoping she'll get into it. Also helped that was able to get it for $11. ;) I was also planning on getting Abzu, so might as well get it now so I can get that coupon. As for the current sale, I think I'm going to get the Infamous collection and the Arkham Knight season pass, and call it a day. :)

giphy.gif

#43 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13089 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Ooh that new thread flava! HYPE!

Garrus_Lannister.png

#44 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

Headlander looks so good. I can't believe I'm just now finding out about it.
Let's go O's!

#45 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64906 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

Here are the PlayStation E3 demo/interview videos of the PSN Play games:

Abzu:

Bound:

Brut@l:

Headlander:

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#46 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7509 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:44 PM

Tempted by inFamous, Gravity Rush Remastered and Not a Hero but each is just a hair more than I would want to spend. Oh well.

#47 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3436 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

It says in the description of the PS4 Marvel packs that they're cross buy, are we sure we don't get the Vita/PS3 versions? I might go for Guinea pig if no one else does.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#48 otangz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

Bringing this over from the old PSN thread... Just a public service announcement concerning the 20% discount code you get for purchasing two games through the Play promotion... the fine print says the code will arrive by September 6 and must be used by October 4. I was hoping to use the discount on a variety of big fall releases (BF1, Last Guardian, PSVR games, etc.) that release later in October. Since the code doesn't work with preorders, my plans have been foiled. FYI. 

#49 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8180 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:13 AM

Anyone else having issues with the Dizzy PS3 and Qurare: Magic Library store pages?

Everything else is fine.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#50 kanekiken  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

It says in the description of the PS4 Marvel packs that they're cross buy, are we sure we don't get the Vita/PS3 versions? I might go for Guinea pig if no one else does.

Which Marvel packs?

#51 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

For my new thread gold star - Installed a 4TB hybrid drive on my PS4 over the weekend.  E-peen off the charts.  Sony really should have put USB3 & AC radios in there to be, you know, next gen.  I blame Obama.  Thanks FriskyT!

Building my backlog for retirement or a deep space mission, whichever comes first.

Origin/UPlay: ImPr0f1t, PSN: DellApple

fs_overall.png

#52 jamezuva   Umbasa! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

Strider 2 worth it?

#53 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64906 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

That would be a surprise since that's been the thing they've said about the PS4 tables since it launched on PS4. If you want to try it and report back, I'm curious to see if that stance has changed.

Anyone else having issues with the Dizzy PS3 and Qurare: Magic Library store pages?

Everything else is fine.

Qurare seems to have been pulled. Try the PS3 GG DLC again, as it just worked for me a minute ago.

#54 Capearican   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Capearican

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

Two questions:

I cannot speak to Infamous but regarding your second question at 10 bucks the season pass for Arkham Knight is worth it. It gets a lot of hate because it was over priced to begin with it should have been 20 dollars but for 10 there is a decent amount of content. The Batgirl DLC alone is a little over a hour, the season of infamy content is about 2 hours worth of story gameplay. The Robin and Batwing portion is juts like the Red Hood and Harley Quinn missions they are only 20 minutes or so. I paid 15 for it on a PSN sale a while back and do not feel bad. 

#55 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64906 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Some interesting releases:

:ps3: Grandia III - $9.99

:ps4: I Am Setsuna - $39.99

:psp: Retro City Rampage DX - $9.99 - Cross Buy for PS4/PS3/Vita owners

#56 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8180 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

Qurare seems to have been pulled. Try the PS3 GG DLC again, as it just worked for me a minute ago.

Thanks. I tried again a few minutes after I posted and the page is back up.

Qurare DLC page is up but you can't buy it, and the main page is pulled entirely. Wonder what happened.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#57 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64906 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:40 AM

Thanks. I tried again a few minutes after I posted and the page is back up.

Qurare DLC page is up but you can't buy it, and the main page is pulled entirely. Wonder what happened.

It probably wasn't supposed to release yet.

Checking Twitter, it seems they were taking sign-ups for Early Access, so that was probably why it showed up today.

#58 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

love the smell of a new thread. nothing interesting this week for me.

powers season 2 finished today. It was pretty good, but I think they would be better off just releasing all the episodes at once like Netflix does.

also, don't be a fool and buy telltale batman. they always go on sale after the series finishes.

DarkLordOmega.png

#59 StainedCarpet   Boy if you dont CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

StainedCarpet

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

Every time I see the list of PS+ games, I get mad at myself for not adding the Vita games to my collection when I first joined.

That's the same feeling I get when I look at the PS3 games I didn't download during the last 2 years of membership... doh. Anyways, the 20% coupon pretty much pushed me towards preordering Headlander and Brut@l. They also look like fun games so there's that. Also picked up Skullgirls 2nd encore, Electronic super joy, and cast of the seven godsends. Spreading the indie love today  O:)

#60 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

I cannot speak to Infamous but regarding your second question at 10 bucks the season pass for Arkham Knight is worth it. It gets a lot of hate because it was over priced to begin with it should have been 20 dollars but for 10 there is a decent amount of content. The Batgirl DLC alone is a little over a hour, the season of infamy content is about 2 hours worth of story gameplay. The Robin and Batwing portion is juts like the Red Hood and Harley Quinn missions they are only 20 minutes or so. I paid 15 for it on a PSN sale a while back and do not feel bad. 

To the first question:

Playing it currently. Just started, but liking it so far. Plays just like Second Son with only the neon ability and Fetch as the character.

Thanks for the feedback.

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.