* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#9991 .Beowulf  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

Don't do it and stream? Or use your Prime sub to download the free streaming music from Amazon for offline listening?

Except that's not the situation they were setting out.

for my old ass car stereo I put in like 15 years ago

I'll check into what you're saying, thanks

#9992 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

ps plus for april is trash. just going to let my ps plus expire in may since I don't even play online anymore.

Giving away my 20% discount code. I don't want to just give it away to the quickest person to message me though. So what I will do is just message me and then I will do random number between 1 and how many people message me so if random number was 1 then first person gets it, 2nd then 2nd person who messaged etc... I will check back tonight after work to send the winner.

EDIT: winner was selected

winner was VACRMH so here you go

Spoiler

#9993 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1677 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

before I buy a butt ton of digital music for my work commute spring mix cd does anyone have any tips or tips for amazon digital music buying to save money

Join bing rewards. You can usually earn at least a $5 credit a month just by clicking around on the internet for 20 seconds a day. Also get a amazon visa. You get 5% back on your purchases. If you're a prime member you can get a streaming sub for $8 per month. $4 per month if you have an Alexa speaker.

#9994 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67107 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

I only see one PS4 title on offer other than Drawn to Death. Am I missing something? The 2 PS4 titles are DtD and Lovers. They didn't give DtD as a one-off bonus, they took up one of the guaranteed, advertised PS+ monthly titles for PS4 (that are advertised as real retail games, not failed internal projects) with their own failed internal project. 

If they didn't superficially make Drawn to Death a $20 game simultaneous to pulling this PS+ shit, they might even get into legal trouble for doing this. It's shady as Fuck

If you want to go that route, there are three other PS4 games on there besides Drawn to Death. You get four games for PS4 this month.

They announced it would no longer be a Free to Play game back in November.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#9995 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

If you want to go that route, there are three other PS4 games on there besides Drawn to Death. You get four games for PS4 this month.

I'm fairly certain that they have advertised that they select two unique titles for each of the three platforms. And yeah, I already noted both of the Vita are cross-buy in my first post. 

Anyway my point was to explain the backlash, or why the lineup seems so bad. I'm not arguing that PS+ isn't worth it or complaining myself, I'm just recognizing the obvious: that after advertising how PS+ works, releasing a free to play game through PS+ is incredibly shady, even if they tried to cover their ass with the technicality of making it retail at the exact same time. Trying to squeeze something through on a technicality does not make it any less dishonest an action. 

#9996 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

I just noticed that you can add friends on CAG. Do people even use this feature.

Join bing rewards. You can usually earn at least a $5 credit a month just by clicking around on the internet for 20 seconds a day. Also get a amazon visa. You get 5% back on your purchases. If you're a prime member you can get a streaming sub for $8 per month. $4 per month if you have an Alexa speaker.

Microsoft is so desperate for people that they offer rewards for using Bing. You just can't stop the Google monopoly.

I'm fairly certain that they have advertised that they select two unique titles for each of the three platforms. 

Anyway my point was to explain the backlash, or why the lineup seems so bad. I'm not arguing that PS+ isn't worth it or complaining myself, I'm just recognizing the obvious: that after advertising how PS+ works, releasing a free to play game through PS+ is incredibly shady, even if they tried to cover their ass with the technicality of making it retail at the exact same time. Trying to squeeze something through on a technicality does not make it any less dishonest an action. 

It is pretty shady, but I would not mind if it was a good game. H1Z1 was suppose to be F2P, but they changed that. So here is hoping they make that a ps plus title.

• Ex~ likes this

#9997 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67107 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

I'm fairly certain that they have advertised that they select two unique titles for each of the three platforms. 

I don't care about what you think of PS+, but you're intentionally being obtuse and ignoring facts to make a big deal out of this falsehood you're pushing. If you just want to be irrational, then have fun.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#9998 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

I don't care about what you think of PS+, but you're intentionally being obtuse and ignoring facts to make a big deal out of this falsehood you're pushing. If you just want to be irrational, then have fun.

Woof. 

#9999 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

I think when my PS+ expires, I'm going to drop it. With the price increase and the fact that I don't play multiplayer on PSN, I don't need both XBL Gold and PS+. The freebies aren't worth it. And, yeah, there's some additional discounts too but doubt it is worth it for me.

Heck, a fair number of the indie titles on both programs end up being on the other one many times. All my friends with MP on X1 too.

Got to go through and see what games I may want to "keep" and buy them when they go on sale.

#10000 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67107 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Really enjoying MLB The Show 17 so far, as the RttS has gotten quite a nice upgrade with a dialog system that lets you better role play as the type of character you want (diva, jerk, humble) that at least provides better bits of story than the poor, forced crap that NBA 2K has been trying to do over the last four years that removed the role playing focus of the mode. That said, the story presentation is a bit rough, as the narration is like a stiff educational documentary that is intentionally generic in not specifically mentioning your player's name. They've also done a good job of improving the feature that lets you play multiple games in a row without having to go back to the menus, which even lets you apply XP to stats between games if you have enough to do so. I can see myself putting in a lot of time, though I've got a handful of games currently and upcoming that will be very demanding of my time.

The servers are borked at the moment and makes the card stuff more of a hassle to deal with at the moment. Tried to at least set-up Diamond Dynasty and lost connection midway two or three times, but it luckily saves progress and lets you continue where you left off. I'm not going to bother with it much anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

#10001 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Really wish the 20% off coupon worked on pre-orders

Would have gotten parappa, edith finch and guardians of the galaxy. Your loss sony

#10002 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Anyone play Deus ex on the pro 1080p? I played the game when it launched, really enjoyed it but I traded it in. Now that all the dlc dropped, I wouldn't mind going back at it especially with the PSPro. It's like $20 for the full edition after that %20 promo

#10003 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

I really wish the RE7 Season Pass was part of the RE sale this week. :(

Let's go O's!

#10004 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

I can't be the only one who thought it said "$18 Demo" in the title. That would have been a good fucking demo.

#10005 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3429 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I can see myself putting in a lot of time, though I've got a handful of games currently and upcoming that will be very demanding of my time.

I can understand that. Getting caught up in The Show 17 myself when I still have Mass Effect and Nier to finish with Persona 5 next week. At least I'm on vacation next week so I'll be able to get a lot of gaming in.

Killbomb.png

#10006 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Gwent beta will be running from tomorrow to April 3rd.

#10007 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

I really wish the RE7 Season Pass was part of the RE sale this week. :(

It seems dlc for a game is a lot more rare for it to ever go on sale. They probably figure since games get cheaper naturally due to being physically in stores that they have to get cheaper, but once they have you hooked that you would pay whatever price they want for the extra content.

I don't play their games though. I waited out the storm for Bloodborne dlc and was rewarded.

#10008 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2515 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

People are still bitching about Drawn to Death costing cash now?  Jesus Christ smh

#10009 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

People are still bitching about Drawn to Death costing cash now? Jesus Christ smh

Think it's more about whether the game will truly be "premium" in how it feels. I didn't play any betas but hopefully they will have balanced things well.

There's also a question of whether the devs feared the game wouldn't do well and made it a "premium" PS+ game to save them from losing a ton of money just from whatever they got from Sony for it.

Only time will tell if it's garbage or not. Just seems to be a lot of doubt due to it originally being a F2P game.

#10010 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

I got every ME game on Day 1 since the first ME game. Andromeda is no different. 

I loved all of the first three. They were all amazing and among the most memorable games I've ever played. 

Andromeda, however, is such a POS. It is the most tedious, boring game.

In short, you go to planets, find a desk, hit a button, scan things, and then talk to people. This is literally the game. It sucks. I wouldn't buy it for $20 because. I think it is that bad. 

I've stuck with it as I keep telling myself it will get better. It doesn't get better. Not once have I thought, "Wow. That was pretty awesome." 

This game was a total cash grab. Six more months -- one more year -- could not have saved it. 

EDITS* cut some words to make opinion more clear. 

Follow me on Twitter

Currently playing: Prey (X1X)

#10011 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

There's also a question of whether the devs feared the game wouldn't do well and made it a "premium" PS+ game to save them from losing a ton of money just from whatever they got from Sony for it.

You mean Sony saw that the game they invested way more time and resources than they ever should have couldn't gain any traction in its long running beta despite being featured along AAA titles multiple times each year and decided to recoup what little they could from it by not paying for another game for April?

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#10012 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2515 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

I got every ME game on Day 1 since the first ME game. Andromeda is no different. 

I loved all of the first three. They were all amazing and among the most memorable games I've ever played. 

Andromeda, however, is such a POS. It is the most tedious, boring game.

In short, you go to planets, find a desk, hit a button, scan things, and then talk to people. This is literally the game. It sucks. I wouldn't buy it for $20 because. I think it is that bad. 

I've stuck with it as I keep telling myself it will get better. It doesn't get better. Not once have I thought, "Wow. That was pretty awesome." 

I've later learned that Bioware's D team made this as the A team (Edmonton) is working on a new IP and the B team (Austin) is doing something else. 

This was a total cash grab. 

But the gameplay is so good man, so FUN.  Lol I was saying this thing was a giant POS last week and got flak for it.  Glad you agree.

#10013 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

But the gameplay is so good man, so FUN.  Lol I was saying this thing was a giant POS last week and got flak for it.  Glad you agree.

This game is a broken POS. 

Bioware is further misleading consumers by saying big fixes are en route. NOTHING can fix this game. It is fundamentally broken at its core. They would have to literally change everything to fix it. And I'm not just talking about crappy animations. 

Buyer beware. 

Follow me on Twitter

Currently playing: Prey (X1X)

#10014 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

You mean Sony saw that the game they invested way more time and resources than they ever should have couldn't gain any traction in its long running beta despite being featured along AAA titles multiple times each year and decided to recoup what little they could from it by not paying for another game for April?

Yeah, that's probably even more accurate.

#10015 Dr. Para   Mayor of Drunk Town CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Dr. Para

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

So, after looking up at my shelf and considering my system (both being stacked to the brim with unplayed games,) I'm not going to use my 20% coupon and am offering it to anyone who needs it (prefer you be a long time CAG member plz.) I'll check back in a bit and message it to someone.

Edit: Claimed

Dr_Para.png

#10016 d3sm0nd  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

So, after looking up at my shelf and considering my system (both being stacked to the brim with unplayed games,) I'm not going to use my 20% coupon and am offering it to anyone who needs it (prefer you be a long time CAG member plz.) I'll check back in a bit and message it to someone.

I would like a 20% code :) 

#10017 growsinwater  

growsinwater

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hook it up broseph!

#10018 Josh1billion   ボディビルダー CAGiversary!   2075 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I just announced my new PS4/Vita game if anyone's interested in checking out the trailer.  It's a challenging 2D platformer, something like Super Mario World with some light RPG elements.

screenshots and more info

Josh1billion.png

Emerald Shores is coming to PS4/PS Vita sometime "soon".  Check it out here:

Website | Twitter | Facebook

#10019 .Beowulf  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

ezgif-1-5dfedf9ef5.gif

#10020 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I just announced my new PS4/Vita game if anyone's interested in checking out the trailer.  It's a challenging 2D platformer, something like Super Mario World with some light RPG elements.

screenshots and more info

Best of luck to you friend. If you want me to help you promote on the Asian Vita forums I frequent, I can cross-post with your permission of course.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png