* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#11221 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2847 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

is Birthdays a spiritual successor to Cubivore

#11222 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

A new deal:

:ps4: Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $9.99 - 50% Off - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 5/17

Freebies:

:ps4: Birthdays the Beginning - Avatar Costume Set - Free

:ps4: Birthdays the Beginning - Boxasaurus Rex - Free

:ps4: Birthdays the Beginning - Crashed UFO - Free

#11223 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

I thought Polybius required a PSVR? Is it compatible with a standard PS4?

It's playable either way. The beginning of the video is me turning on the VR mode.

#11224 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5559 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I came into this topic thinking they were giving out 30$ credit for birthdays due to the title D:

#11225 elessar123  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

The Playstation App does not access the store. It simply sends the URL to your browser and opens the store in that.

Are you using android, because it used to do that on iOS when it first came out but has not needed to open in a separate web browser in over a year.

Using Android and it doesn't open Chrome for me. It uses the app itself.

Edit: There's even an "Open in Browser" option for me.

#11226 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

So I have a ton of these $5 Fandango visa cards for digital products from the Safeway Monopoly game.  The first couple worked fine for adding funds to my PSN wallet, but it seemed like they triggered some kind of lockdown on my PSN/SEN account because now I can't get anything else to work (keep getting error message about incorrect credit card information when I try to pay).

Is there something special that I have to do to like call Sony customer service to make my account work again?  Or any alternative suggestions on digital things to spend them on?

Did you get this figured out?  I also am wondering if this works for adding funds to the Microsoft Account. 

#11227 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

#11228 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

It's still on PSN, so Atari didn't get that far with their complaints.

Yeah, they only got as far as stopping him from doing any other versions, as I guess they were OK with the Vita version before hand, and then decided later to stop it from going further to other platforms. Which is a shame, as it's one of the best Vita titles around, and up at the top with Resogun in regards to old school arcade gameplay.

BTW, did Resogun ever get a physical release any place? That seems like it would be an amazing title for LRG to do.

#11229 dok5555555  

dok5555555

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Can someone help me with the Sorcery demo.  Either I'm going crazy or I cant scroll through the menus.  I can enter into one thing but I cant scroll down to click start game.  And yes I'm using a move controller, I also tried my joystick just in case, tried every button on the thing and held down the back button and tried moving the move, nothing.

#11230 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

I primarily use Firefox on my Galaxy Tab S, but I also have Dolphin installed. I completely uninstalled Chrome because of a Media Server bug that drained my battery with Chrome.

When I'm in the PlayStation App, and tap on the little store icon in the upper left corner, it opens the store up in the App. In the upper right corner I get a vertical 3-dot drop down icon, when clicked it gives two options: copy link and open in browser.

I have Dolphin, Firefox and Chrome installed.  I mostly use Dolphin because it's quick, lightweight and pretty user-friendly. I had issues with Firefox's cumbersome interface and the fact that Chrome doesn't have a way to completely shutdown (it just stays running in the background.) But Chrome does work on a few sites that give me problems in Dolphin, like ldjam.com and apparently now the PSN store.

The Playstation app is very different for me. The store icon in the top left just opens the store in my default browser.  The top right has my profile icon; tapping that gives a menu which lists Profile, Trophies, Redeem Codes, Settings and Sign Out. There are no three dots and nothing in Settings that might allow me to change the way the store icon operates.

#11231 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3237 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Were you the one that got him sick?

No, but if it makes you feel better to have someone to blame, you can blame me.

#11232 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

#11233 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10113 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

I'm not saying the Steam store is populated with too much...but yeah it is. It's even tough to find high profile games on release sometimes. Just sad.

#11234 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

I guess at $3.99, I can't make anymore excuses not to get The Order 1886.

#11235 krlosss6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

I guess at $3.99, I can't make anymore excuses not to get The Order 1886.

Why is people thinking on getting it? I'm 30 min into The game and Im loving it, and for that price you should get it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

#11236 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

The next update for Rocket League is up in about an hour. It brings back a modified version of the Neo Tokyo arena, a new crate with a generic version of the Batmobile car called Mantis that's exclusively in the new loot crate, and other smaller stuff:

#11237 chipzilla   Gene's Hairy Mole CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

I have Dolphin, Firefox and Chrome installed.  I mostly use Dolphin because it's quick, lightweight and pretty user-friendly. I had issues with Firefox's cumbersome interface and the fact that Chrome doesn't have a way to completely shutdown (it just stays running in the background.) But Chrome does work on a few sites that give me problems in Dolphin, like ldjam.com and apparently now the PSN store.

The Playstation app is very different for me. The store icon in the top left just opens the store in my default browser.  The top right has my profile icon; tapping that gives a menu which lists Profile, Trophies, Redeem Codes, Settings and Sign Out. There are no three dots and nothing in Settings that might allow me to change the way the store icon operates.

The Playstation App I have has the profile icon on the top right like yours. The store icon brings up the store in-app, and on this screen there is the 3-dots Menu icon (second from right) which has menu items for "Open in Browser" and "Copy Link".

I am using Android version 6.0.1 and PS App version 4.20.5, maybe you are on a different version of Android and/or PS App.

#11238 elessar123  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Why is people thinking on getting it? I'm 30 min into The game and Im loving it, and for that price you should get it

Because it's not the game that they originally advertised, and it's arguably repetitive, and wasn't worth the original $60 launch price. It's probably a great game at $4 for people who enjoy this type of game, but it's not a universally acclaimed game.

#11239 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

The Playstation App I have has the profile icon on the top right like yours. The store icon brings up the store in-app, and on this screen there is the 3-dots Menu icon (second from right) which has menu items for "Open in Browser" and "Copy Link".

I am using Android version 6.0.1 and PS App version 4.20.5, maybe you are on a different version of Android and/or PS App.

Perhaps that could be a factor. I'm on Android 4.3 and the app is version 4.20.5.  According to the Play Store, it is the latest version of the app.

#11240 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Because it's not the game that they originally advertised, and it's arguably repetitive, and wasn't worth the original $60 launch price. It's probably a great game at $4 for people who enjoy this type of game, but it's not a universally acclaimed game.

I don't even remember what kind of game it is. FPS with vampires? I just remember it was a big flop. I'm in for 4 bucks though. 

#11241 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

I have never been able to use a regular high end browser like firefox on android or web browser on ps4 to log into the store. It errors and logs me out after inputting account info.

Perhaps that could be a factor. I'm on Android 4.3 and the app is version 4.20.5. According to the Play Store, it is the latest version of the app.

on later versions of android u can't uninstall chrome unless u r using a rooted phone and custom rom. There is also an app included in android now called WebView which renders web pages for apps.

The setup for my phone is android 6.something. Chrome is installed but I have disabled it. Webview is up to date (58.0 etc) and enabled. The playstation app works fine here because it is the Webview engine that renders the store in the app.

This is the only way that I can log into the web store

#11242 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

I don't even remember what kind of game it is. FPS with vampires? I just remember it was a big flop. I'm in for 4 bucks though. 

It's a 3rd person shooter, or at least that what I thought it would have been. I think it's more quick time events, than actual gameplay, but I'm a long term Dragon's Lair fan, so that never bothered me. I'll for sure give it a go once I get my PS4, but it looked decent enough, but yeah, maybe not worth $60. But I feel that way about most games, that why I'm on CAG. LOL

#11243 chipzilla   Gene's Hairy Mole CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

I have never been able to use a regular high end browser like firefox on android or web browser on ps4 to log into the store. It errors and logs me out after inputting account info.
on later versions of android u can't uninstall chrome unless u r using a rooted phone and custom rom. There is also an app included in android now called WebView which renders web pages for apps.

The setup for my phone is android 6.something. Chrome is installed but I have disabled it. Webview is up to date (58.0 etc) and enabled. The playstation app works fine here because it is the Webview engine that renders the store in the app.

This is the only way that I can log into the web store

My guess was something like this was going on, but I'm not hip to Android (or iPhone) development (I'm probably so screwed if I lose my current job).

#11244 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

It's a 3rd person shooter, or at least that what I thought it would have been. I think it's more quick time events, than actual gameplay, but I'm a long term Dragon's Lair fan, so that never bothered me. I'll for sure give it a go once I get my PS4, but it looked decent enough, but yeah, maybe not worth $60. But I feel that way about most games, that why I'm on CAG. LOL

What?  No.   It's a third person shooter with some great weapons and it's beautiful.    There are a few fights against non-human enemies that are QTE battles, but iirc it's only 2 fights like that.   The vast majority of the game is standard third person shooter.

I honestly have no idea why it's so universally panned... I had a great time with it.   Despite it's extremely high level of polish [I am not overstating this, it's -polished-] for some reason it got worse reviews than straight up broken/janky near unplayable messes like Legendary.   It's the game people love to hate, basically.

It's not perfect, sure, but it's far better than some would have you believe.  There's nothing broken about it, cool weapons.... it's short, but still has some meat [think, maybe, the first Homefront in length, except better].  

It's not a game I'd normally defend, because I didn't absolutely love it or anything... but when people act like a competent game that is an absolute sight to behold is somehow trash tier something needs to be said. 

I paid 20 for it and loved it... it's easily worth 4.

#11245 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

If you're interested in seeing the new Jeff Minter game in action, I've got a video for Polybius that's up now:

It's playable with or without PSVR, but I obviously had to check it out in VR.

Sollllllllllllllllld.   Minter is awesome.  TxK was incredible.  I will master this as well.

#11246 sp0rklez  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

What?  No.   It's a third person shooter with some great weapons and it's beautiful.    There are a few fights against non-human enemies that are QTE battles, but iirc it's only 2 fights like that.   The vast majority of the game is standard third person shooter.

I honestly have no idea why it's so universally panned... I had a great time with it.   Despite it's extremely high level of polish [I am not overstating this, it's -polished-] for some reason it got worse reviews than straight up broken/janky near unplayable messes like Legendary.   It's the game people love to hate, basically.

It's not perfect, sure, but it's far better than some would have you believe.  There's nothing broken about it, cool weapons.... it's short, but still has some meat [think, maybe, the first Homefront in length, except better].  

It's not a game I'd normally defend, because I didn't absolutely love it or anything... but when people act like a competent game that is an absolute sight to behold is somehow trash tier something needs to be said. 

I paid 20 for it and loved it... it's easily worth 4.

After reading this I'm leaning more toward buying it now. 

#11247 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

Just bought The Order 1886 for $3.99 lol

I might as well....

#11248 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9962 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

Tales of Berseria is excellent. Much better than Zesteria so far and possibly better than Vesperia, although I'm not far enough to make that judgement yet.

Still on sale for $24 after GCU too.

#11249 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70294 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:58 AM

That Street Fighter V beta begins tomorrow night:

#11250 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

Not sure why anyone would be hesitating to get The Order for 4 bucks if they have any interest at all. It looks great, is a competent third person shooter, has a relatively interesting story and a short, easy Platinum. I paid $16 a couple years ago at Best Buy and did not regret the purchase.