* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#12811 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5174 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Can you start the two Modor dlc's right away or do you need to finish the story first? I too have the vanilla version on disk, but would consider this for the dlc.

#12812 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Definitely. It's basically a remaster of the original game (on PS2) so it's the perfect place to check out the series. I'm really hoping they do the same for the others (Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal). The Future saga (Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time and Into the Nexus) on PS3 are also worth checking out.

It's not a remaster. They've kept some of the worlds, but changed everything else along with the story being different and controls/mechanics being updated to what the most recent games offered.

everyone seems to be in agreement that Ratchet and Clank is a steal at this price.  Is this a smart place to enter this series?  I have never played one of these games--  

It's a great place to enter the series, though almost any of the main games in the series are good places to start from since all of them are great.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#12813 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

If anybody here is looking to convert physical games to digital, GameStop's running a great promo where you can get 60% or 70% (PUR) bonus credit with at least six games traded in during one transaction. Got $34 for Horizon Zero Dawn, $20 for Rigs, $17 for Battlezone, and $8.50 for Until Dawn RoB that makes their digital counterparts very cheap if not free, as I turned the GS credit into PSN and Steam credit.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#12814 sp0rklez  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

I know I asked this before, but a lot of Elder Scrolls Online can be played solo, correct? I'm not going to buy it this week (or probably any time soon) but I just want to make sure of that, and I'd also like to know if I can just buy the ESO Morrowind (that's currently on sale for $40) or if I'd have to buy the base game and the upgrade. I'm not entirely sure how that works, since I know they've come out with several expansions since it released.

But like I said, I'm not going to buy it yet, I just want some clarification so when I do get around to it I know exactly what I need to purchase.

Oh and another question, how noob friendly is Fallout 4 to someone who couldn't really get into Fallout 3? I mean, it was okay but there was just something about it that I didn't particularly care for I guess. Gun combat felt awkward (even with VATS) and I had a minor nitpick about the color palette (I know its a nuclear wasteland and not supposed to be colorful), but that's all I remember disliking. I still have them for 360 so I guess I could go back any time, but I'm just sorta making up a wishlist and want to add/cut things out of it.

#12815 ssablain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ssablain

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

I am interested in getting Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the Vita.  Is the controls/camera for this game more like the remake for the PS4 or is it more similar to the one in the Ratchet and Clank Collection?  I loved the new Ratchet and Clank but when I played the collection on the Vita I was quickly turned off by the older style controls/camera.     

#12816 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

i bought the collection.

it includes both games as separate downloads.

So, are Sony just being idiots or do they hope that we're idiots and they can pull a fast one on us?

I kind of feel like the OP should be updated with a note about this.

#12817 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

So, are Sony just being idiots or do they hope that we're idiots and they can pull a fast one on us?

I kind of feel like the OP should be updated with a note about this.

That you should buy the cheaper collection? I'm not sure what there is to get angry about.

#12818 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

That you should buy the cheaper collection? I'm not sure what there is to get angry about.

Well, yeah.  It would be a shame if anyone accidentally bought just Chains of Olympus for more money than the collection of both games.

I'm not really angry, I'm just annoyed that Sony would do something like this.

#12819 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

They're not trying to be intentionally misleading they're just dumb and not paying attention.

NotRic.png

#12820 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8193 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

I'm calling God of War 3 remaster a Plus game near the release of the new game and staying away of a rebuy. The sale price seems to fit some past Plus additions.

This is possible, but even so, it's only $4 and it's not like it's a bad game. Now if it was $10 and/or not a particularly great game, then yeah, I'd take that under advisement.

I know I asked this before, but a lot of Elder Scrolls Online can be played solo, correct? I'm not going to buy it this week (or probably any time soon) but I just want to make sure of that, and I'd also like to know if I can just buy the ESO Morrowind (that's currently on sale for $40) or if I'd have to buy the base game and the upgrade. I'm not entirely sure how that works, since I know they've come out with several expansions since it released.

But like I said, I'm not going to buy it yet, I just want some clarification so when I do get around to it I know exactly what I need to purchase.

You're in luck that I'm here visiting from the Xbox thread, seeing as I just started getting into ESO on there. Yes, it can be played solo, afaik only the veteran dungeons/PvP are content where you more or less need to play with other people. 

https://store.playst...SOMORROWINDBUND

^ This is the base game and the Morrowind expansion. So far there's only one expansion (Morrowind) but there are several content DLCs. Almost all of the content DLCs (all the worthwhile ones imo) are included in the Gold Edition if you can find it cheap (has to be new since the DLC content is redeemed via code) or if you sub to the in-game subscription ($15/month) you get access to ALL of them (even the ones not in the Gold Edition) as long as you're subscribed. The sub does NOT include Morrowind however. The subscription also comes with some bonuses such as a gift of in-game premium currency, bottomless craft bag (which is very useful for regular players) and some other crap like higher XP/gold rates. http://www.elderscro...m/en-us/esoplus

I also recommending bookmarking these two newb guides, as I've found them very useful:

New Player Guide

and

https://www.reddit.c...ffins_guide_on/

Edit: One more warning. All DLC/expansions for ESO (including Morrowind) cannot be gameshared afaik. Zenimax is greedy like that.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#12821 sp0rklez  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

You're in luck that I'm here visiting from the Xbox thread, seeing as I just started getting into ESO on there. Yes, it can be played solo, afaik only the veteran dungeons/PvP are content where you more or less need to play with other people. 

https://store.playst...SOMORROWINDBUND

^ This is the base game and the Morrowind expansion. So far there's only one expansion (Morrowind) but there are several content DLCs. Almost all of the content DLCs (all the worthwhile ones imo) are included in the Gold Edition if you can find it cheap (has to be new since the DLC content is redeemed via code) or if you sub to the in-game subscription ($15/month) you get access to ALL of them (even the ones not in the Gold Edition) as long as you're subscribed. The sub does NOT include Morrowind however. The subscription also comes with some bonuses such as a gift of in-game premium currency, bottomless craft bag (which is very useful for regular players) and some other crap like higher XP/gold rates. http://www.elderscro...m/en-us/esoplus

I also recommending bookmarking these two newb guides, as I've found them very useful:

New Player Guide

and

https://www.reddit.c...ffins_guide_on/

Edit: One more warning. All DLC/expansions for ESO (including Morrowind) cannot be gameshared afaik. Zenimax is greedy like that.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Wow, thank you for all of that information. That was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it. I'll bookmark those links and I'll take you up on that PM offer if I need to know more. Thanks again.

#12822 Weagle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

FYI, Paypal has the $50 PSN gift card for $40 on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/...y-/263063382783

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts.

#12823 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

Can you start the two Modor dlc's right away or do you need to finish the story first? I too have the vanilla version on disk, but would consider this for the dlc.

On xb1 there were separate choices on the menu for the main game and each dlc. I would assume it's the same on PS4

#12824 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hmm. Only 20% off but you get to buy more than $10 worth. I'm spoiled by pcgamesupply but I think I'll bite on this anyway

#12825 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:31 AM

I know this isn't really the place for this, but I was just about to burn $40 in Gamestop credit on PSN credit. Does Gamestop sell ebay gift cards still? I was thinking I could get that with my credit and pick up the PSN card from ebay with it.

#12826 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

I know this isn't really the place for this, but I was just about to burn $40 in Gamestop credit on PSN credit. Does Gamestop sell ebay gift cards still? I was thinking I could get that with my credit and pick up the PSN card from ebay with it.

eBay gift cards won't work for purchasing those PSN digital cards on eBay. PayPal bank balance or credit card.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#12827 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

I am interested in getting Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the Vita. Is the controls/camera for this game more like the remake for the PS4 or is it more similar to the one in the Ratchet and Clank Collection? I loved the new Ratchet and Clank but when I played the collection on the Vita I was quickly turned off by the older style controls/camera.

Full Frontal Assault Vita port was terrible! Should have never been released.
Only buy it if you can play it on ps3.

Also its a much different game than any other Ratchet game. Its a tower defense game. While many did not like this game, I actually loved it but it was due to the multiplayer which is dead now.

#12828 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

eBay gift cards won't work for purchasing those PSN digital cards on eBay. PayPal bank balance or credit card.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, it was worth a shot. Thanks

#12829 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Of course this shows up after I bought a $50 PSN code from Green Man Gaming for $45. Might grab one of these as well anyway.

EDIT: Aaaand they're sold out...

Hmm. Only 20% off but you get to buy more than $10 worth. I'm spoiled by pcgamesupply but I think I'll bite on this anyway

Hard to get spoiled by something that only shows up once a month and you can only buy one.

Killbomb.png

#12830 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:56 AM

How is Jak and Daxter on Vita and is it cross-buy?

#12831 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8193 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

http://www.kotaku.co...sn-transactions

Probably doesn't affect any of us given this is a UK problem, but still worth keeping an eye on.

What a shitshow.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#12832 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

Probably doesn't affect any of us given this is a UK problem, but still worth keeping an eye on.

What a shitshow.

I don't care how rare shit like this is, it's why I only fund online accounts with credit bought in store and no link to anything. All my PS credit, Xbox credit, Nintendo, Steam, etc.is from credit loaded to the account.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#12833 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4064 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:12 AM

He's not talking "whoopsie, paid an extra dollar for Trine. This effort is worth the hassle." He's talking about fraud. You're being cavalier about identity theft.

I suppose you're right, but honestly, I view it as: it is their policy is to say that.  Every time.   It's not something I'd ever take offense to.   I don't view it as them saying they're doing some 'huge favor', I view it as - hey, we're refunding this $100 and whenever we do a refund we have to say this.

My wife works for a rather large digital company and is in charge of the fraud dept.  I'm pretty familiar with the industry as a result (she speaks at conferences, I get to hear about it a lot).   Companies generally follow very strict practices for a reason - CS is very limited in what they can say and do because they need to be careful they aren't social engineered.   And while that may seem silly, it's actually often a bigger problem than the initial fraud breach.  

Additionally, any company Sony's size has some sizable third party fraud identification software in place which should stop most fraud [whenever you hear about someone's acct getting temporarily locked down, it's because this got triggered].  So even though the $100 the guy spent looked 'obviously' like fraud to him [he didn't own the game!], the actual transactions passed through fraud software successfully.  So from CS's perspective, they -were- making it easy on him by refunding it without question.  And whenever they do a refund, guess what, it's policy to say that.    It may not be perfect, but it's a very logical sequence of events, and nothing I think anyone should be upset about.

Someone pretty much covered it for me, but since this was directed at my post, I wanted to take a moment to respond. Someone accessed my account and used it to purchase a bunch of in-game currency for a game I don't own or play. It was obvious fraud through and through. Not sure if you've ever experienced fraud on any of your financial accounts, but it's very unnerving. The last thing I want when I'm going through a situation like that is someone to read me a script of their policy, and how they will make a one time exception. I work in the financial industry (which is heavily regulated), but I always show empathy and also coach others to show empathy when customers are going through something like that. Showing a little bit of humanity to your customers will go a long way, and leaves a much more positive lasting impression with them. Now any time I think about Sony's customer service, I know my best case scenario when I'm talking to their support is robotic responses.

The humanity shows through when they authorize the refund.   I realize you're wanting them to show humanity and not say that, but not following the script at that point risks their job.   And wanting the policy to make exceptions for fraud is... well, asking a lot of a CS policy.   They aren't fraud experts.  They don't even work for the fraud dept.   So while I do get what you're saying [because I do], I also understand you can't tell CS the policy is something they must do... unless they, non-experts on the subject, deem it unnecessary.   At that point, it's not a policy anymore, and that's just not how any corporation does policies.   Is it 'robotic'?  Hell yeah.  But there are reasons behind it. 

I've had 2 refunds done, myself.  Both times, the person was very nice to me.  They did say those words, but they were nice the entire time.   Is that robotic?  I don't know.  I didn't mind. 

But I do agree, I can see why it annoyed you. 

[We got hit by $300 worth of ring tone purchase fraud once.... now THAT was hell.   The cell phone company refused to refund anything.    It took around 3.5 hours on the phone to get a partial refund.  I'd have taken a full refund with 'just one time!' any day of the week]

#12834 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:52 AM

What a shitshow.

This is why I don't use Credit cards, debt cards or paypal. If I want money on my PSN account, I buy at least a $20 PSN card.

#12835 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

What a shitshow.

Makes me glad I gave up on Paypal ages ago. Stick to my prepaid debit card on the consoles.

#12836 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

Makes me glad I gave up on Paypal ages ago. Stick to my prepaid debit card on the consoles.

Yeah same here. Those prepaid debit cards that last years are the best.

#12837 vicenteegardo  

vicenteegardo

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:53 AM

,jvgjmvgjnv

Enviado desde mi MotoE2(4G-LTE) mediante Tapatalk

#12838 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:20 AM

Played a bit of the first game in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and it's been good so far. Load times aren't great (5-10 seconds per level), but that's been the only issue so far.

#12839 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:21 AM

Hard to get spoiled by something that only shows up once a month and you can only buy one.

Nah, it's easy. It's a great deal

#12840 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

New thread is live:

https://www.cheapass...-cag-to-handle/