Unravel Collector's Edition Glitch @ BB for $15 (XB1/PS4)

neudog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
281 (100%)
​So thanks as always to this great community I was excited to see Unravel Collector's Edition w/ Yarny figure for $15 on the homepage via link (https://t.co/9EQxugx7L4). Well I figured out this is a glitch which is why you cannot order it online or pick-up in store from website. When the item is rang up it automatically populates both Digital Code SKU and Yarny Box SKU. So the game is actually the original $34.99 that was on BB website prior to release on July 31. Fortunately for me I still have friends at BB and easily got the price adjusted. Also Game code is located on receipt and not in packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Pretty sure the way POS is at BB is if the Game Code SKU does not populate then the DLC code will not print on receipt, so you basically pay $15 just for Yarny. My SKU was $0.00 out by cashier due to the website listing the Collector's Box as $15 and not explaining it was part of a two item bundle.

Pretty sure the way POS is at BB is if the Game Code SKU does not populate then the DLC code will not print on receipt, so you basically pay $15 just for Yarny. My SKU was $0.00 out by cashier due to the website listing the Collector's Box as $15 and not explaining it was part of a two item bundle.
Did they just scan the UPC on the box and it auto populated the game code sku?

Darby27, yes the just scanned the UPC on the Yarny Box (SKU:5447500) anPOS auto populated Unravel Digital (SKU: 4911000). Not sure what that digital SKU is because website lists Digital Game with SKU: 1000006318. I know POS has been overhauled since I left my local store, but I do know that if a DLC SKU is not rang up a code is not generated on the receipt.

​WickedEndoNinja could you share these two SKU's because as dumb as BB can be there is no way they have two different boxes; one with and one w/o code. That makes no sense from an inventory standpoint, especially when you could just wrap the Digital Card for Unravel with Yarny Box. The UPC that rings up both SKU's is 600603205415 and pretty sure that is the only XB1 UPC that exists for Yarny Bundle at BB.

Yeah rang up 35 for me too. The yarny was 15 and the digital code was 19.99. I denied the digital code and just bought the yarny for 15.

​WickedEndoNinja could you share these two SKU's because as dumb as BB can be there is no way they have two different boxes; one with and one w/o code. That makes no sense from an inventory standpoint, especially when you could just wrap the Digital Card for Unravel with Yarny Box. The UPC that rings up both SKU's is 600603205415 and pretty sure that is the only XB1 UPC that exists for Yarny Bundle at BB.
the sku is on the website 5447401 and thats the only one since there's no digital code with it.

Others got it done thinking same thing you did. I'm sure others can too but does look like two separate items. People have purchased it in store for $15 with no code on receipt. I almost went in but don't feel like explaining/arguing over a piece of yarn :p

the sku is on the website 5447401 and thats the only one since there's no digital code with it.

Others got it done thinking same thing you did. I'm sure others can too but does look like two separate items. People have purchased it in store for $15 with no code on receipt. I almost went in but don't feel like explaining/arguing over a piece of yarn :p
Sounds to me like the XBO one autopopulates the code, and PS4 does not. (I tried the PS4 one for reference)

I bought both last night and both auto added the game automatically.  Unfortunately they're solution to PM it without telling me was to just remove the game SKUs. So going to see what I can have done about that, we'll see.

I just got a price adjustment at my BB. $21.49 was refunded toward me and I originally paid $37.61. (game code still works) Took less than 5mins to do.

Was this best buy exclusive? I don't see how else I could have missed it. Aww man I don't have one nearby :( if anyone wants to resell for a few bucks hmu.

Edit: fml yeah exclusive. I love shit like this. If anyone cops for $15 and wants to make $10 let me know :(

Was this best buy exclusive? I don't see how else I could have missed it. Aww man I don't have one nearby :( if anyone wants to resell for a few bucks hmu.

Edit: fml yeah exclusive. I love shit like this. If anyone cops for $15 and wants to make $10 let me know :(
Go check you local BBYs... my local store had 1 (doll only, not the DLC code bundle) even though it didn't show any in stock.

My NMS CE finally shipped from Best Buy. Hard to believe it's release day shipping at this point but a guy can hope. Was wondering if anyone else is waiting on theirs.

Thanks for the heads up, I bought two of these. One for the Xbox one and one for the ps4. No codes on the receipt but I called customer service and the rep stated that the codes needed to be manually giving to those who bought the edition. If anyone did buy one and didn't get a code I suggest you call BB CS. After about 20 mins the codes were emailed to me.

Thanks for the heads up, I bought two of these. One for the Xbox one and one for the ps4. No codes on the receipt but I called customer service and the rep stated that the codes needed to be manually giving to those who bought the edition. If anyone did buy one and didn't get a code I suggest you call BB CS. After about 20 mins the codes were emailed to me.
I'm assuming you bought them in store? How much were they? I don't see the collector's edition online anymore.

My NMS CE finally shipped from Best Buy. Hard to believe it's release day shipping at this point but a guy can hope. Was wondering if anyone else is waiting on theirs.
Just got the same email. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow.... But I'm kinda doubtful

OK, so the deal is buy the CE with Yarny and decline some code making it $15, then get CS to issue the game code manually? My GF had interest in this game and I might surprise her with it but I'm not really sure what all is going on here.

OK, so the deal is buy the CE with Yarny and decline some code making it $15, then get CS to issue the game code manually? My GF had interest in this game and I might surprise her with it but I'm not really sure what all is going on here.
I bought two CEs. One for ps4 and one for Xbox one. Once I got home I noticed there were no codes on the receipt or anything inside the box. i called BB CS, I was told both codes had to be manually sent to me via email by their digital download dept. After about 20 mins I got two emails with my codes. Easy peasy

I bought two CEs. One for ps4 and one for Xbox one. Once I got home I noticed there were no codes on the receipt or anything inside the box. i called BB CS, I was told both codes had to be manually sent to me via email by their digital download dept. After about 20 mins I got two emails with my codes. Easy peasy
Did you pay $15 or $35 each?

Perfect, thanks. I actually just got off the phone with CS after buying a PS4 copy for $15. The woman sounded like English wasn't her native language so I don't have high hopes after spending 20 minutes waiting and 15 more trying to decipher whatever she was saying. I'll wait a bit and if no email comes through, call again. Thanks for the heads up OP, my girl is gonna be happy. :D

EDIT: And the code came! That. . .was actually easier than I thought it would be. ;)

Did you have to PM the (apparently now removed) item on BB.com or did it simply ring up as $15?
The two CEs came up as 14.99 each but there was Two extra prices added for the codes. I don't remember how much it was but the clerk voided the two code prices off the total.

Just got off the phone in about 8 minutes time, said they're sending the code so we'll see.

Edit- Got my codes two hours later. Woop woop.

Holy fuck sh@t just got off the phone with the best CS representative I have ever had to talk with. He knew what I was talking about right away,  told me he was sending the code as soon as possible and asked if he could call me back in a couple minutes to verify my code arrived. Code arrived at 9:20, 5 mins later got his call, wondering if I got the code and wishes me happy gaming...

mind-blown-o.gif

After reading about this deal in another thread I went to the store on Saturday and picked this up for $15.  When I checked out once they scanned the box it actually pops up two items on the register one being the $15 for the doll and the other one being $19.99 for the digital code.  I showed the employee the online price of $15 so he verified that on his phone and scanned it again and I then mentioned to him that the code needs to print on the receipt so he zeroed out the $19.99 line item to show it at $0.00 and had a manager approve it and away I went with the code on the receipt and the collectors doll.  No issues for me, but I also know the manager so she really didn't even look at it when it required her override.  Definitely need the line item with the digital code on your order to make sure you get the code.

Called after no code on the receipt. No indications during checkout one way or another. Got the code about 2.5 hours later. The tough thing was the fact that they had to really look for Yarny, as the item's completely gone from the website. Make sure you go in with the SKU in hand if you need help.

PS4: 5447401
XB1: 5447500

Called after no code on the receipt. No indications during checkout one way or another. Got the code about 2.5 hours later. The tough thing was the fact that they had to really look for Yarny, as the item's completely gone from the website. Make sure you go in with the SKU in hand if you need help.

PS4: 5447401
XB1: 5447500
Really? They just asked me for the pin at the bottom of my receipt.

Is this really a deal? Or just a bunch of people lieing to get something they didn't pay for? Stay classy
Considering they look it up by your MyBBY account and should look it up by your receipt it would be a dumb CSR giving stuff out.

I'm not understanding this. For the people that called CS, did you pay $15 and ask for a code or did you pay the full original price?
I, and at least one other person, had them "price match" it by just voiding off the code. We paid $15 for just the doll SKU and they issued codes through CS for the game.

Edit- Just looked at my email and the rep even sent me a followup email about an hour ago with the game code to make sure I got it. BBY CS coming through like champs on this one.

bread's done
Back