* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5641 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:17 AM

https://blog.us.play...-ps-vr-june-19/

SculptrVR launches tomorrow as an art/sculpting tool that will have support for exporting models in a few formats sometime after launch if you want to go that far with this tool:

Here are the PlayStation E3 stage demos/interviews for various PSVR games for those of you that want to see some upcoming games:

Spoiler

#5642 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Not sure how I feel about the Aim controller for some games. Definitely great for free movement and 2 handed weapons. I wish they could somehow do a mix of Aim and Move. I love being able to grab a clip of ammo and slam it into the gun to reload during London Heist. Dual wielding in general is a load of fun *looks at Superhot VR*.

Spoiler

#5643 Lonely Boy  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Not much activity here lately, but just wondering if anyone has tried the Kona VR patch yet? I was actually planning on playing the game this week, but now I think I'll wait for a 20% coupon to buy that and The Exorcist: Legion VR since neither are currently on sale. Just curious if Kona is stomachable in VR or if it's similar to something like Obduction.

#5644 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

Not much activity here lately, but just wondering if anyone has tried the Kona VR patch yet? I was actually planning on playing the game this week, but now I think I'll wait for a 20% coupon to buy that and The Exorcist: Legion VR since neither are currently on sale. Just curious if Kona is stomachable in VR or if it's similar to something like Obduction.

I am in the same exact boat and wondering the same things. Twinsies!  :D/

#5645 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6909 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Spoiler

Glad you set him on the straightened arrow.  Its a doggy-dog world so you definitely cant let him get off scotch-free

#5646 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

Glad you set him on the straightened arrow. Its a doggy-dog world so you definitely cant let him get off scotch-free

Go back to playing your TRS-80, or pong.

Its just annoying that people do not understand that clips are not used in any modern firearm... rap and gamers are notorious for this. (And politicians... but thats normal for them to have zero clue)
try using “clip” in the firearms community, you will get chastised if you are not talking about a Garand.

#5647 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

*checks URL to make sure not accidentally on cheapassgunmen.com again*

Good think he didn't post that on a firearm community website then?

a2Ym1dX.gif

#5648 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

*checks URL to make sure not accidentally on cheapassgunmen.com again*

Good think he didn't post that on a firearm community website then?

a2Ym1dX.gif

Go back to reading your virtual books.

See when people here use the wrong terms describing or classifying games etc, people get corrected. I love how the “gaming” community is so happy to use any description and made up terms to describe anything. But dont dare classify a game wrong... or call it something wrong.
I know we live in a society that disapproves of people using the correct terms.

All i did was a friendly visual aid to let them know they are using the wrong term. So they dont go out in public and make a fool of themselves later. Like say most politicians that have zero clue. (For example, since they seem to get their “knowledge” from video games and media.)

Go ahead and call manga or anime a cartoon and see the reaction here...

#5649 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

https://goo.gl/images/Qcsw6Q

#5650 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Go back to reading your virtual books.

See when people here use the wrong terms describing or classifying games etc, people get corrected. I love how the “gaming” community is so happy to use any description and made up terms to describe anything. But dont dare classify a game wrong... or call it something wrong.
I know we live in a society that disapproves of people using the correct terms.

All i did was a friendly visual aid to let them know they are using the wrong term. So they dont go out in public and make a fool of themselves later. Like say most politicians that have zero clue. (For example, since they seem to get their “knowledge” from video games and media.)

seh6p.gif

#5651 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Sounds like someone needs to get off their high horse and get laid so they can chill the Fuck out.  :cold:

#5652 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7568 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

Wonder how butthurt this guy gets when his shooty-bang-bang games aren't historically accurate...

#5653 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Typical.... correct someone and they get ticked.
But dont dare be wrong about their shit.

#5654 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

It's not that you corrected him it's that you were a smartass about it and now you're trying to act like you weren't trying to be a smartass about it.  There's nothing wrong with educating people but don't be a dick when trying to do so.

Carry on...

#5655 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

It's not that you corrected him it's that you were a smartass about it and now you're trying to act like you weren't trying to be a smartass about it. There's nothing wrong with educating people but don't be a dick when trying to do so.

Carry on...

Smartass?.... lmfao

I posted a single pic explaining the error the guy made... i made no other comment.
A few days later someone starts the shit.

Again, finding out that you cant post any opinion that isnt held by certain people.
Cant correct anyone, but certain people can though...
And dont dare post anything incorrect, cause everyone else is free to correct you.

Yep smartass for understanding how things work here.

#5656 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Smartass?.... lmfao

I posted a single pic explaining the error the guy made... i made no other comment.
A few days later someone starts the shit.

Again, finding out that you cant post any opinion that isnt held by certain people.
Cant correct anyone, but certain people can though...
And dont dare post anything incorrect, cause everyone else is free to correct you.

Yep smartass for understanding how things work here.

tissue-cry-baby.jpg

#5657 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:55 PM

There's nothing more entertaining than people on the internet fighting.

#5658 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

Point proven again.

#5659 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:10 AM

Some new deals this week:

Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/3

MLB Home Run Derby VR - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/6

SculptrVR - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 6/26

The new releases:

The Exorcist: Legion VR Season Pass - $24.99

Kona VR Bundle - $19.99

Kona - VR Add-on - $5.99

Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle - $13.99

#5660 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3801 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

Hoping Moss physical goes on sale soon. Would like to play it after the demo. I'm concerned it's too short for the launch price.

#5661 Lonely Boy  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:55 AM

Season pass only contains chapters 2-5. Be sure to get the complete series for $29.99, otherwise it's $6.99 individually.

#5662 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:03 AM

Hoping Moss physical goes on sale soon. Would like to play it after the demo. I'm concerned it's too short for the launch price.

This game just released on physical like a couple weeks ago.  I wouldn't expect to find it on sale any time soon, especially with the praise the game is getting. 

And it's definitely worth the $30 price tag regardless of it's length.  Hopefully those guys get enough money to warrant a sequel.

#5663 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:42 AM

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

And I see there is a VR piece of this game on PS4. 

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add?  Is the whole game in VR or just part of it?  The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.

#5664 Reagan2791  

Reagan2791

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider. The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add? Is the whole game in VR or just part of it? The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.

Taken from an article I found on it:

What's odd is that by making only Blood Ties VR compatible, there's a sense that you're not really getting the full Tomb Raider experience. Not only do you lose the impact of Lara as a presence, you don't really get to take part in any of that visceral tomb raiding combat either.

Blood Ties VR is a great novelty, certainly, and exploring Croft Manor whilst wearing the PSVR headset is pretty awe-inspiring. But it doesn't suggest that the Tomb Raider franchise as it is now would be improved by a longer VR experience.

#5665 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

"Lara as a presence." So boobs? Maybe ass, if you are into such things?

#5666 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:12 AM

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add?  Is the whole game in VR or just part of it?  The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.

I played it. I'm  a big fan of the reboot and bought the ultimate edition on PS4 when I learned the same thing. They added a level that you unlock after the tutorial stage where you return to Croft manor and solve puzzles to learn more about the history of the macguffin you're chasing. It's maybe a 30 minute level and the VR is decent but a little janky. No combat or crazy gymnastics to accommodate the VR I believe. The one thing I remember is that after beating the level I played it in 2D for a minute and it felt like watching a video I made of a vacation I went on.

#5667 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:18 AM

I played it. I'm  a big fan of the reboot and bought the ultimate edition on PS4 when I learned the same thing. They added a level that you unlock after the tutorial stage where you return to Croft manor and solve puzzles to learn more about the history of the macguffin you're chasing. It's maybe a 30 minute level and the VR is decent but a little janky. No combat or crazy gymnastics to accommodate the VR I believe. The one thing I remember is that after beating the level I played it in 2D for a minute and it felt like watching a video I made of a vacation I went on.

So the only VR stuff is basically an addon where you just walk around the manor?

#5668 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

So the only VR stuff is basically an addon where you just walk around the manor?

Yes, one level that's around 30 minutes. It's a moderately cool space but just an anecdote the main game.

#5669 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

It's included as a part of the base game, but you also have to play a good chunk of the game to even check it out.

#5670 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

Okay cool thanks for the information guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR