Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the VR demo at Best Buy and while the resolution is not great the VR experience is very immersive. That's more what I'm interested in personally, even if the graphical quality isn't amazing how good of a job does it do drawing me in to the experience. Whatever the ocean demo is where you are in the cage where the shark comes after you was what I tried out. It was pretty great.

What a misleading topic.  The only deal so far is for a camera.  This topic should have been titled Playstation Camera deals.

Seriously.  Why is this topic even still going?

Anyone ever play a game on PS3 in 3D before? It was pretty cool at the time but it made almost every game look worse because everything had to be rendered twice. One of the biggest reasons for PS4 Pro even existing is to make PSVR games look less bad. Sony just couldn't emphasize this at the reveal because they don't want people thinking they have to get a Pro to use VR.

I see that Amazon has finally put up listings for Drive Club VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, and Battlezone (at $59.99! hope that's just a place holder).

Does anyone know what other retail VR games there will be at launch? I know of the ones above as well as PS VR Worlds, RIGS, and Batman Arkham VR.

I see that Amazon has finally put up listings for Drive Club VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, and Battlezone (at $59.99! hope that's just a place holder).

Does anyone know what other retail VR games there will be at launch? I know of the ones above as well as PS VR Worlds, RIGS, and Batman Arkham VR.
$60?

All 3 of those games won't sell unless its in the $30-$40 range.

I'm so tempted to buy a PSVR headset but so far I only want to play RIGS and Resident Evil 7. I need MOAR. I hope Skyrim gets support because if so then I'll buy the PSVR day 1 without a second thought.

Thoughts on playing PS4 games with this? We only have one TV so naturally we sometimes conflict on who is watching/playing at that time.

Obviously not the sole reason to get it but it would be a nice factor for me to pull the trigger on it.

$60?

All 3 of those games won't sell unless its in the $30-$40 range.

I'm so tempted to buy a PSVR headset but so far I only want to play RIGS and Resident Evil 7. I need MOAR. I hope Skyrim gets support because if so then I'll buy the PSVR day 1 without a second thought.
It's only Battlezone that is listed for $59.99 which HAS to be a mistake. There is no way they would be insane enough to charge $60 for that. However, the Until Dawn is only $19.99 ($15.99 w/ prime) and Drive Club VR is $39.99 ($31.99 w/ prime.)

Thoughts on playing PS4 games with this? We only have one TV so naturally we sometimes conflict on who is watching/playing at that time.

Obviously not the sole reason to get it but it would be a nice factor for me to pull the trigger on it.
For that, you have options to use a PC or Mac, PS Vita or Sony Xperia Android Phone to do Remote Play. PC, MAC and Xperia allow you to use a PS4 controller.

My experience with Vita is good (need to get used to how to do L2/3 and R2/3), not sure why PC is slow on i7-6700K and GTX 470 (kinda old card but should do video streaming fine).

Be careful about going head first into Driveclub.

If it's anything like playing a racer on Oculus or Vive you'll get motion sickness quick.

VR motion sickness SUCKS

Anyone here own another vr? I keep hearing the HTC is better than the other
1. Vive has the best looking screen and MS retail stores had demo units for a while so your local store may have it.

2. They are all kinda cumbersome but PSVR is considered the most comfortable, having tries all of them I'd agree.

3. Vive is the most expandable with a very powerful tracking system and good controllers already in place. You need a good bit of dedicated space for it and there's likely going to be very little that takes advantage of it.

4. PSVR works pretty great for something running on a 2 year old console. It is already lined up to have a decent number of exclusive and quite a few exclusively timed releases. Anything that's get a PC release will look a good bit better than the PS4 version but indie games will likely look about the same on a PS4 Pro and PC.

Sony already looks to have a stranglehold on content and seeing even Gear VR games in the release lineup shows they are opening the doors wide open for most developers. All this indicates that Sony is going to own the niche VR market until someone comes in with a better value proposition.

Anyone ever play a game on PS3 in 3D before? It was pretty cool at the time but it made almost every game look worse because everything had to be rendered twice. One of the biggest reasons for PS4 Pro even existing is to make PSVR games look less bad. Sony just couldn't emphasize this at the reveal because they don't want people thinking they have to get a Pro to use VR.
I played a lot of games in 3d on the ps3 and never noticed any looking worse. Things can always look better wnd I hope ps4 pro does that job though.

For those still looking to pre-order, the psvr and the launch bundle are available via Target's mobile app (says OOS on website). I was able to place an order at 1AM. Seems like it has been available all night.

I really hope they give up on the motion and old controls. Just use it as a 3d headset with a normal controller for movement and maybe head tracking to look around some. I'd love to play a game like metal gear solid in 3d with a controller like normal and maybe head tracking just to look around some. Or a game like GOW with a fixed camera and just use head tracking to move the camera a little bit to look around the scene.

Also 3d movie needs to be used and not in some weird virtual theater projecting a movie onto a virtual screen. Just give me 3d movies in the headset that can't be difficult can it?

Really want this but dang so much money..hopefully for BF they will have some kind of bundle deal for this and the PS4 Pro..I was wondering, I already have two of the controllers when I got my PS3 will those still work with the VR and is there any difference between the two

vr bundle available to preorder via target......

nevermind...Ekim beat me to it by 12+ hours haha

vr bundle available to preorder via target......

nevermind...Ekim beat me to it by 12+ hours haha
Looks like it is order-able on their website now too. I didn't see that before (except briefly last night).

It's been listed as in stock on the app for over 24 hours now.

I don't get it. No way does target manage to get a huge amount of new stock.

I'd be surprised if these orders ship out for release day.

Really want this but dang so much money..hopefully for BF they will have some kind of bundle deal for this and the PS4 Pro..I was wondering, I already have two of the controllers when I got my PS3 will those still work with the VR and is there any difference between the two
They should work. Only difference between yours and the new ones is the updated charging port

I really hope they give up on the motion and old controls. Just use it as a 3d headset with a normal controller for movement and maybe head tracking to look around some. I'd love to play a game like metal gear solid in 3d with a controller like normal and maybe head tracking just to look around some. Or a game like GOW with a fixed camera and just use head tracking to move the camera a little bit to look around the scene.

Also 3d movie needs to be used and not in some weird virtual theater projecting a movie onto a virtual screen. Just give me 3d movies in the headset that can't be difficult can it?
I don't think you NEED to use the MOVE controller, unless the games are designed to use that. The FPS demo I tried use the regular DS4 controller, and in fact the LED light in front of the DS4 also works like the glowing ball of the MOVE controller.

And I don't see why 3D movie will not work on the VR, it works similar to 3D TV, which is already supported since PS3, with each LCD showing left and right images while a 3D TV shows the left and right frames alternatively with a LCD shutter glasses. However, I guess it's going to hurt or stress your eyes if you have your eyes focused on a near object (the VR LCDs) for a full feature length movie.

Just use it as a 3d headset with a normal controller for movement and maybe head tracking to look around some. I'd love to play a game like metal gear solid in 3d with a controller like normal and maybe head tracking just to look around some.
First- and third-person games with free movement are very difficult to do in VR without causing nausea. I'm really excited for Farpoint, but I expect I'll need to get used to VR before I can attempt to play it.

First- and third-person games with free movement are very difficult to do in VR without causing nausea. I'm really excited for Farpoint, but I expect I'll need to get used to VR before I can attempt to play it.
I heard 3rd person was ok, but first person with no cockpit is where things get really dicey.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I heard 3rd person was ok, but first person with no cockpit is where things get really dicey.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
True, if it stays in third person. The person I was replying to mentioned MGS, which like many third-person shooters will switch to first person when using iron sights or a scope. That would be extremely jarring.

I really shouldn't comment since I have not been "in" vr ha. I am inclinded to think I and most people will be just fine with vr and not have any sickness. Reminds me of all the people who used to complain about fps games when they were new and how they got motion sickness though.

I have been reading about games like Batman vr and Loading human where they don't allow traditional videp game analog stick to move around. Loading human was described as "tank controlls". I don't see why we can't use the analog stick on the move controller to walk around freely while using the move controllers as "hands" in the game. Or in batman where you aim the move controller and click a button to warp to that spot. Is the hardware maybe limited so much that freely walk(quickly) is too much for it to handle right now?

I worry early games are going to be made with these non traditional weird movement controlls and ruin everyons experince and push vr aside as junk. If they just stop trying to make it more than it needs to be and just use contolls were used to and that work well. I'm not going to be walking around my room playing a game I'm sorry, let me use the analog sticks like every other game.

I'm not a God of War fan but think how cool would it be to play that from a semi fixed perspective in 3d. Almost like looking down into an interactive diarama. Use head tracking to look and peak around just a little bit and use normal GOW controlls, I'd be sold!

okay picked up a cheap move controller during the ebay 15 off 60 coupon. 

What games are everyone getting?  I only want to buy 1 or 2 to test out and then resale this during christmas unless I really love it. 

I'm picking up Batman Arkham VR Day 1. Rez, Super Hyper Cube, EVE, Job Simulator and Thumper are all high on my list too just depends on how deep the demos are and if I feel that I need more of their experiences or not.

I really shouldn't comment since I have not been "in" vr ha. I am inclinded to think I and most people will be just fine with vr and not have any sickness. Reminds me of all the people who used to complain about fps games when they were new and how they got motion sickness though.

I have been reading about games like Batman vr and Loading human where they don't allow traditional videp game analog stick to move around. Loading human was described as "tank controlls". I don't see why we can't use the analog stick on the move controller to walk around freely while using the move controllers as "hands" in the game. Or in batman where you aim the move controller and click a button to warp to that spot. Is the hardware maybe limited so much that freely walk(quickly) is too much for it to handle right now?

I worry early games are going to be made with these non traditional weird movement controlls and ruin everyons experince and push vr aside as junk. If they just stop trying to make it more than it needs to be and just use contolls were used to and that work well. I'm not going to be walking around my room playing a game I'm sorry, let me use the analog sticks like every other game.

I'm not a God of War fan but think how cool would it be to play that from a semi fixed perspective in 3d. Almost like looking down into an interactive diarama. Use head tracking to look and peak around just a little bit and use normal GOW controlls, I'd be sold!
The funky control schemes are to cut down on motion sickness. It can support standard movement controls just fine.

It looks like the Launch Bundle is going to be a lot harder to find. My Best Buy is getting 20 Core Bundles but only 4 of the Launch Bundle.

It looks like the Launch Bundle is going to be a lot harder to find. My Best Buy is getting 20 Core Bundles but only 4 of the Launch Bundle.
I need to check to see if my move controllers still work. I already have the camera. So if they work, I'll just get the core + vr worlds for 432.

Is this the expected stock of a normal BB? Also, is your BB participating in a midnight launch? These might affect availability.

Is this the expected stock of a normal BB? Also, is your BB participating in a midnight launch? These might affect availability.
Yes, we are a midnight launch store. Will have to check what other stores around are getting though.

Yes, we are a midnight launch store. Will have to check what other stores around are getting though.
Would you be able to check my local store's inventory? I have a pre-order at Amazon, but I'm thinking of cancelling it and trying to pick it up at BB so I can use my certs.

I could check if you got a store number but I won't be able to tell how many of those are going to be held for preorders.

I could check if you got a store number but I won't be able to tell how many of those are going to be held for preorders.
Is there a way to find the store number online? There are 2 near me doing midnight launches and would like to know which store I would most likely have a better chance at.

I hear you. I'm also hoping for a BF deal. I want the bundle, but $500 is pretty expensive.

well, i just cancelled my launch bundle today and kept the core bundle. was hoping to sell the launch to help pay for my core but after ebay fees and shipping, not worth risk for measly $20.  

Do you need the store phone number?

I would love to see how many they have to see if a midnight trip is even worth going to.

bread's done
Back