Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get home I'll shoot over the links for them.

They trashed the games, saying they deserved to be on 1 disk instead. Outdated and limited hardware. tracking and jumpy object issues but those should be able to be fixed w/ updates. also countless Motion sickness issues.

I see it going the same way as the PS move and Kinect. Popular at 1st but dying a horrible death. These gimmicky things never last.
Eh, I don't see the PSVR as a gimmick in the way that Move or Kinect were. VR is a new way to play games and it's in the very early stages now, but I don't see VR going away. The tech will only get better with time and the experience of being in a VR world for the first time is truly a great one, at least from my experiences. Of course the games at launch aren't going to be that fleshed out and are purely there to help show you the potential of VR and provide short and enjoyable experiences. I think people who are going into VR expecting it to be a flawless experience and something they will spend a lot of their gaming time with will absolutely be let down. I already know for a fact that my PSVR will sit on my shelf as much as it's used. I am looking forward to the experience and being able to check out what comes out in the future too. I am an early adopter when it comes to this stuff and have set my expectations accordingly.

HAHA Seriously? I also have links that say the Holocaust wasn't real too....do you want those?

There were a bunch of them talking about what I had posted..plus many youtube videos...twitter reviews and also game reviewers talking about such issues.
Oh Twitter reviews? Why didn't you say so

Has anyone come across comparisons of vr tracking using the old and new cameras? I know they're supposed to be identical, but I saw a review of the new camera suggesting that it had a larger rotation range. I could see that making a difference in tracking quality even if the specs on the old and new camera are the same.

I have a core and launch bundle pre-ordered. Trying to decide whether to stick with the core and old camera (plus old move controllers) or go with the launch bundle and sell the old camera.

Did you click the link I posted? Did you look at the page it went to? Just curious.
Based on the conversation so far I have a pretty good guess. Either way pretty impressed with the reviews so far. Giantbomb and Kotaku had serious tracking issues which colored the whole tone of their reviews. I'm going to spend a lot of time with mine making sure that I'm not getting the strange interference they had. Otherwise VR Worlds, Playroom, and an 18 game demo disc is enough to figure out which of the 50 games coming this year is worth it.

All I know is I tried it at Best Buy 5 or 6 times, and not once did I have any tracking issues (or any other issues for that matter). Only thing that happened was the screen was a little blurry at first, but once I adjusted the headset a bit, it came into focus and it was fine. Holding on to my pre order and I can't fuckin wait!!!

HAHA Seriously? I also have links that say the Holocaust wasn't real too....do you want those?

There were a bunch of them talking about what I had posted..plus many youtube videos...twitter reviews and also game reviewers talking about such issues.
Everyone is going to have their own opinions and the experience will differ for just about everyone due to how their gaming setup is and how VR friendly that set up is. At the end of the day if you don't have the disposable income to spend the money for VR, I'd advise against it as you'd be better of spending your money on upcoming games like Battlefield 1, Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, Final Fantasy XV, and all the other games hitting shelves in the next couple of weeks/months. VR isn't going to be for everyone out of the gate, but the PSVR is the most affordable entry point by far and I believe that will go a long way for those looking to get into VR early.

All I know is I tried it at Best Buy 5 or 6 times, and not once did I have any tracking issues (or any other issues for that matter). Only thing that happened was the screen was a little blurry at first, but once I adjusted the headset a bit, it came into focus and it was fine. Holding on to my pre order and I can't fuckin wait!!!
I missed preorders, so I hope Best Buy having extras is true. Not sure if I should try at the midnight release or wait until the next day since it sounds like they're holding some for actual launch day. Anyone know?

Full disclosure:  I'm an early adopter, buyer's remorse repeat offender.  I didn't pre-order a 3G vita so I stalked gamestops on release day to find one (The 3G kind).  

To me, this stuff is substantially subjective.  I know people love the vita and I desperately wanted to - but I just don't.  I use that as an example because I think there were probably people who were skeptical at first who now adore it because the content appealed to them.   Conversely, I was all in from the initial announcement.  Other than playing UFC on it after getting a knee surgery one year, I really almost never touched it.  I see PSVR being exactly the same.

There may be people who spend 400 on it, buy batman and star wars and then determine that they wish they had their money back.  Similarly there will likely be people who thought it was stupid who end up picking it up only to religiously play the same 3 games ("experiences") over and over and over.  Those people will be extremely happy with the purchase.

I, for once, am tirelessly reminding myself of my pledge to finally not be an early adopter.  Who knows if it'll end up like another vita for me.

I missed preorders, so I hope Best Buy having extras is true. Not sure if I should try at the midnight release or wait until the next day since it sounds like they're holding some for actual launch day. Anyone know?
I don't think Best Buy ever had in store pick up as an option. Given the numbers listed above, you should have a good chance of snagging one.

Full disclosure: I'm an early adopter, buyer's remorse repeat offender. I didn't pre-order a 3G vita so I stalked gamestops on release day to find one (The 3G kind).

To me, this stuff is substantially subjective. I know people love the vita and I desperately wanted to - but I just don't. I use that as an example because I think there were probably people who were skeptical at first who now adore it because the content appealed to them. Conversely, I was all in from the initial announcement. Other than playing UFC on it after getting a knee surgery one year, I really almost never touched it. I see PSVR being exactly the same.

There may be people who spend 400 on it, buy batman and star wars and then determine that they wish they had their money back. Similarly there will likely be people who thought it was stupid who end up picking it up only to religiously play the same 3 games ("experiences") over and over and over. Those people will be extremely happy with the purchase.

I, for once, am tirelessly reminding myself of my pledge to finally not be an early adopter. Who knows if it'll end up like another vita for me.
Good way to look at it for sure. I actually held off on the Vita for a few years before buying one in 2013 and turns out that it's one of my favorite platforms to play games on.

Sounds like they'll all be first come first served then? Or were they taking preorders in store at one point?
No I don't think so. I would have done in store pick up if it was available. Tyrok says none of his are preorders so I'm gonna guess it is first come first served. Make sure you check which stores are midnight release or not.

No I don't think so. I would have done in store pick up if it was available. Tyrok says none of his are preorders so I'm gonna guess it is first come first served. Make sure you check which stores are midnight release or not.
Yeah I wish I had the ability to choose store pick up for my pre-order. I plan on hitting up the midnight release to pick up my games, but it'll be a tad bit disappointing when I come home with games and won't have my headset until the following day.

I honestly don't know what he needed that is why I asked.

Mine would be store 414
13 Launch, 21 Core.

My BB store is number 393..whatever you can find out would really appreciate it..Thanks
54 Launch, 78 Core (This is West Hollywood if anyone is wondering why so many).

If you can check 1160, I'd really appreciate it too!
6 Launch, 2 Core.

I'll be picking up Batman VR and possibly EVE Valkyrie. I really want Driveclub VR too, but am not seeing it on Bestbuy. I see it listed at gamestop, but I would have preferred Bestbuy because of the GCU discount....
Best Buy will have EVE Valkrie. All the Sony published games showed up at my store today and it was one of them.

Sounds like I might have a chance then. I'll just show up an hour or two early and see if I get lucky.

13 Launch, 21 Core.
Sounds like I might can grab one, I doubt those many people had $500 to drop on a launch bundle.

Thanks, now if I see more then 50+ people wrap around the store then I'm just heading home

I plan to get there before 30 minutes of the midnight launch.

13 Launch, 21 Core.

6 Launch, 2 Core.

Best Buy will have EVE Valkrie. All the Sony published games showed up at my store today and it was one of them.
Thanks a lot! That's the closest store but it is pretty small. If you get bored and want to check 1961, the Galleria store in Houston, I'd really appreciate it!

Sounds like I might can grab one, I doubt those many people had $500 to drop on a launch bundle.

Thanks, now if I see more then 50+ people wrap around the store then I'm just heading home

I plan to get there before 30 minutes of the midnight launch.
well the stores open at 9:00pm for the midnight launch

Gonna go to a Best Buy event tomorrow to determine if I want to keep mine or not. Not going in with giant expectations or anything (I have read reviews and watched streams).

I just need to try it myself to see for sure.

well the stores open at 9:00pm for the midnight launch
Isn't it 12am est on Thursday?

Or is it 9pm everywhere?

Gonna go to a Best Buy event tomorrow to determine if I want to keep mine or not. Not going in with giant expectations or anything (I have read reviews and watched streams).

I just need to try it myself to see for sure.
I enjoyed it, going in I didn't expect the same quality of the htc vive or anything but for the price and games coming out for it overall I think it might be better in the long run.

Isn't it 12am est on Thursday?

Or is it 9pm everywhere?

I enjoyed it, going in I didn't expect the same quality of the htc vive or anything but for the price and games coming out for it overall I think it might be better in the long run.
It's 12am est and 9pm pst.

Yeah, considering all the money pumped into this, I can't really see it going the way of Sony's other failed projects. Plus the upcoming game list does look pretty good.

Off the launch list Rigs, Eve Valkyrie, DriveClub, Harmonix, and a few other games interest me already. And I was already planning on buying CoD and FFXV which have VR modes as well

Toys R Us is going to have them in store on launch. No pre-order option or anything and from the small shipment my store got, there won't be a ton unless more shipments come in over the next week.
It'll be a good place to check as a back up though as stuff like this doesn't usually draw crowds here

Do we have a full list of the Digital-only launch games and their prices? I might end up going over $100 this month and get the $15 back if we have some good choices.

I could check if you got a store number but I won't be able to tell how many of those are going to be held for preorders.
I'm sorry to bother you as well, I have 2 stores relatively close(home, work locations) #824 and #442. Trying to figure out which store is going to give me a better shot at getting one. Thank you.

Since reviews are out for most VR games it looks like going physical would be a good idea, since they are short "experiences" rather that full games.

i.e. I plan to pick up and play Batman VR for the hour or two of content and trade it back in ASAP.  $16 GCU, so hopefully get at least $10

13 Launch, 21 Core.

6 Launch, 2 Core.

WOW holy cow that is A LOT thanks SO much

Do we have a full list of the Digital-only launch games and their prices? I might end up going over $100 this month and get the $15 back if we have some good choices.
Eve alone is worth the $50

SportsBarVR is one game I am really looking forward to, seems like it would be fun to play with people on CAG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4eXHopp89s

Hey just seeing if you can check stores 105 and 775 for me please and thank you

Tyrok could you check the stock for Best Buy stores 20 and 21 for me? Trying to decide which one would be better for me to go to. Thanks!

looking at the list of launch games and "keep talking and nobody explodes" really jumped out at me, seems like it could be an interesting party game, but i havent found it listed anywhere. i assume its probably digital only, but has anyone seen any of these VR games that arent really full games priced at anything less than $20?

Alright, just for shits and giggles, can you tell me how many these two stores will be getting?

Store 596 and Store 1532.

Depends, are you willing part from it if I can't get one on launch night?

If so for how much?

Unrelated, I'm really hoping rigs mechanized combat league becomes a huge game since I've always been a fan of robots and gundams
RIGS is the biggest question mark of the launch line-up for me. I've been really tempted to just pre-order it so I have a copy, but want to see a few reviews/impressions first. Hoping we see some before launch day, as far as multi-player goes I imagine RIGS and Battlezone will be the most played games online by far and I feel like most people will pick up RIGS alongside the VR. I feel like Batman is going to be the most popular game overall though as far as what people pick up at launch.

bread's done
Back