Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really impressive technology, but the software this year seems like an assortment of tech demos.  I pre-ordered but canceled it a couple weeks ago and am going to wait and see if it ends up getting actual support.  

Resident Evil 7 could make a big difference if the VR is implemented well.

In particular, Kotaku and Destructoid. I haven't really seen anything overly positive from decent review sites.
Did you just call Kotaku a decent review site?

Overall reviews for PS VR have been pretty positive. OFC its not going to be as good has Vive or Rift but it doesnt cost nearly as much.

I can't stand when people go on about well it might not get support so I'm cancelling or not buying until the next version or until I see support coming. Of course it isn't going to get support if no one buys it. If you want the technology to move forward you need to support the thing and help make it possible.

I've seen some great reviews. I originally had the core preordered on Amazon and cancelled maybe two months ago? I just didn't see myself plunking down the cash.. But after reading some of the favorable reviews, I've come around. If it's readily available to purchase, I may pick one up.

Reviews aren't looking hot. I'm probably going to move on from my preorder :(
Vast majority of the reviews are very positive. The motion tracking can use improvement, but could be improved over time. I'm mainly looking for controller games anyways

I completely forgot about this until I saw a post on Kotaku. I was going to pass on it until after Christmas so I went to cancel my bestbuy order but saw it is processing already (for a Thursday release that seems early to be preparing for shipping on Saturday) so I couldn't cancel.

So looks like I will have to bring it back to the store.  It seems to be sold out at amazon, best buy, etc. so if any CAGs want it they can have it for cost + shipping.

My only worry is the tracking. Giant bombs video seemed like the tracking was a huge issue. They were sitting holding a dual shock still and it was jumping around all over the place in game. They said the in game image jumpes around as well. Seems like a game breaker to me.

My only worry is the tracking. Giant bombs video seemed like the tracking was a huge issue. They were sitting holding a dual shock still and it was jumping around all over the place in game. They said the in game image jumpes around as well. Seems like a game breaker to me.
Giantbomb is one of the only reviewers that had such terrible tracking, it could have easily been a setup issue on their end.

In particular, Kotaku and Destructoid. I haven't really seen anything overly positive from decent review sites.
Kotaku's review is totally colored by the rare but legitimate tracking problem a couple of reviewers faced (Giant Bomb and Tested). The Destructoid review wasn't even really negative other than the speculative parts based on how little of the content he had even played. All of the negative reviews essentially break into two camps; one that had severe tracking issues that they couldn't resolve or just nitpicks on the amount of cables or even game content when they fully admitted they had only played around 5-10 of the 50 launch PSVR games.

I get that they have to get a review out but none of them even review the free content like the VR playroom, let alone the bigger games like Robinson: The Journey.

That is why I went to try it for myself. I am glad I did. I was impressed. Just like this one reviewer said you have to try it for yourself and make your own assessment. I would hold off cancelling until you tried it. Nothing is perfect but everyone at the demo loved it. \\

IMO I think sony went with the move controllers to keep cost down since it was technology already implemented. If this thing takes off

I expect more revisions.

https://youtu.be/_Z7Rdl7hkjM

its not even out yet, and i'm thinking the reviewers don't even have the day one patches that most of these games will have, plus these are demo units they get passed around to so

yah read both of those, never went to preorder just from inital specs comparisons and price, i do know it will run better with the pro but with sony on the fence wither to charge third parties that want to update with a patch or not means little push for games right away plus all the games coming out this year arent a must buy vr

Giantbomb is one of the only reviewers that had such terrible tracking, it could have easily been a setup issue on their end.
They had 2 units and took them home and claimed they changed everything they could with their setups testingnot. Camera distance / height and lighting. Then in studio they had the same issues. I don't see setup as the problem, those guys are pretty capable of setting something like that up.

I can't believe people use shitaku as a reason to cancel. Tisk tisk
I didn't use kotaku to cancel - it just reminded me it was coming out. I was in on the original Occulus dev kit and played around with that for like two years before letting my friend have it, so I don't feel like I need to drop 500 on a VR seet up.

GB being able to replicate their experiences is one thing, but that's not necessarily an indicator on how widespread this issue is / will be. So far, only a minority of the reviews have reported tracking issues. It doesn't look all the common from the data out there. I think there were some people speculating that some visors might be defective. If true, that's a serious concern on its own, but a different issue altogether.

Btw, pushsquare couldnt replicate GB:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/10/hands_on_does_playstation_vr_really_have_tracking_issues

PsNation streamed for hours and had no tracking issues either.

Giant bombs tracking issue was obvious with the controller too not just the visor. Seeing the controller jump all over the screen while it's being held still shouldn't be a visor issue.

Noticed this morning that a local Walmart has the ps vr core unit out on the floor in the display case.

I've seen many good reviews already.

Backed with my demo for the psvr I see no reason not to buy one.

If this thing takes off

I expect more revisions.
I expect a psvr 2 or something down the line in two years at least, we already know the oculus rift and htc vive will bring out new models at some point.

Sony at least needs to release an actual VR controller and support both controllers.

Wonder what the chances of Eve Valkyrie's digital glitch price going through. They havent cancelled it yet and it releases at midnight tonight

Just tried a demo at my local Best Buy. First opportunity to try any type of vr. The first demo I tried was scavenger oddesy. That was a huge mistake as I was feeling seriously disoriented within 10 minutes. I stepped out for a little while and gave someone a chance to try London heist which looked interesting. After that guy left I was the only other person there so I tried some more mild experiences like this game where you turn a set of blocks to fit into a wall and this rhythm game called thumper. Those were pleasant experiences although not altogether to fun. I finished up the experience by trying rigs as I was majorly excited to play the game. I was definitely feeling disoriented again by what the game called half time but due to the extensive hud I in front of you, I noticed it wasn't as bad as scavenger oddyssey. I still kinda feel off balance even after having been out of the thing for a couple minutes. I'm gonna have to reevaluate dropping all this money when about 45 minutes of play has me feeling this unwell.

They had 2 units and took them home and claimed they changed everything they could with their setups testingnot. Camera distance / height and lighting. Then in studio they had the same issues. I don't see setup as the problem, those guys are pretty capable of setting something like that up.
They had the worst experience out over a dozen reviews and 3/4 of the reviews called the tracking issues negligible. That said, I agree that it was the unit in some way, not them.

Just tried a demo at my local Best Buy. First opportunity to try any type of vr. The first demo I tried was scavenger oddesy. That was a huge mistake as I was feeling seriously disoriented within 10 minutes. I stepped out for a little while and gave someone a chance to try London heist which looked interesting. After that guy left I was the only other person there so I tried some more mild experiences like this game where you turn a set of blocks to fit into a wall and this rhythm game called thumper. Those were pleasant experiences although not altogether to fun. I finished up the experience by trying rigs as I was majorly excited to play the game. I was definitely feeling disoriented again by what the game called half time but due to the extensive hud I in front of you, I noticed it wasn't as bad as scavenger oddyssey. I still kinda feel off balance even after having been out of the thing for a couple minutes. I'm gonna have to reevaluate dropping all this money when about 45 minutes of play has me feeling this unwell.
Which BestBuy can you tell is doing demo events today?
I might go to bestbuy today just to test rigs out since it was the biggest game I wanted to buy

Which BestBuy can you tell is doing demo events today?
I might go to bestbuy today just to test rigs out since it was the biggest game I wanted to buy
Google experience PlayStation vr and it should be one of the first links. You can enter your zip code and it'll give you all the nearby demo locations and times available.

lost my wallet on vacation with my debit card, which was used to preorder my psvr on best buy, so now im SOL.

its my only card i have, and have to wait a week to get my new one. all i have is a banking router number, is there anyway i can buy this using my banking account? i tried paypal but the money is still pending, if anyone can help me out or give me an idea, id greatly appreciate it. ugh really excited for ps vr too

lost my wallet on vacation with my debit card, which was used to preorder my psvr on best buy, so now im SOL.

its my only card i have, and have to wait a week to get my new one. all i have is a banking router number, is there anyway i can buy this using my banking account? i tried paypal but the money is still pending, if anyone can help me out or give me an idea, id greatly appreciate it. ugh really excited for ps vr too
Change payment method. Call the 1800 bestbuy line and explain it to the rep.

I didn't like rigs either, the headset I tried kept getting blurry so I had to adjust 3 or 4 times otherwise seem like the game looked fine apart from that the sony headphones I had some great audio.

I had kept moving into a wall and moving back nonstop and felt actual motion sickness.

I didn't like the aiming controls with it too
I kept thinking the game should had allowed you to move around and aim with the controller with the view of the player move by the headset.

Made me reconsider if I wanted to buy psvr base on how blurry that the game kept getting unless I had the headset center on my face 100% of the time which was a personal problem and not a psvr problem.

I didn't like rigs either, the headset I tried kept getting blurry so I had to adjust 3 or 4 times otherwise seem like the game looked fine apart from that the sony headphones I had some great audio.

I had kept moving into a wall and moving back nonstop and felt actual motion sickness.

I didn't like the aiming controls with it too
I kept thinking the game should had allowed you to move around and aim with the controller with the view of the player move by the headset.

Made me reconsider if I wanted to buy psvr base on how blurry that the game kept getting unless I had the headset center on my face 100% of the time which was a personal problem and not a psvr problem.
I am really on the fence about RIGS still. I probably should have went to Best Buy today and played it since they are now demoing it, but I hate lines and have played PSVR 3 times already now so it just wasn't worth it for me. I think I will get EVE over RIGS for my higher priced game. I've got Batman pre-ordered and will get several of the digital games, still debating on if I should order the physical copy of Rez or not, but damn it's $30 for digital and $40 to get the limited physical release, so I may just bite.

was about to cancel my VR preorder in July. then i tried the EVE demo in a bestbuy and decided to keep it. Plus I know I'm def gonna play a lot regular PS4 games using VR despite of no VR support. really excited to pick it up in 4 days!

Well from how I thought the PSVR is set-up you shouldn't be moving into a wall in general. You are suppose to be stationary and only move your head to "look" around in game.

Am I wrong in that?

I was looking specifically into PSVR because I thought it was ideal to play it in a chair.

Well from how I thought the PSVR is set-up you shouldn't be moving into a wall in general. You are suppose to be stationary and only move your head to "look" around in game.

Am I wrong in that?

I was looking specifically into PSVR because I thought it was ideal to play it in a chair.
Depends on the game you are playing, you can absolutely play just about everything sitting down without much problem. Games like Arkham VR and Job Simulator are a little better standing up in a lot of cases since you are using the move controllers for those. Something like EVE or Battlezone or really anything with the PS4 controller is better suited for sitting. PSVR is going to have it's kinks, but it's VR and it works as advertised which is something I've dreamed of owning since I was a kid playing NES in the 80's. I remember doing this VR game/experience at Disney Quest when I was younger and it was super cool despite it being no where near as immersive as what the current VR headsets can do, but man the idea of being able to escape into VR whenever I want next week has been beyond hyped.

Am I wrong in that?

When I said walking into a wall I meant within the game itself.

Rigs was not the best vr experience I've played and I wouldn't pay full price for it myself

I'm trying to decide if the games for PSVR is worth getting over an oculus rift or htc vive now.

The Resident Evil for PSVR itself is making me want to buy one

Good ol birthday money, basically paid off my VR without having to touch my own funds. Now to hope this Eve Valkyrie goes through so I can buy Driveclub and something else

Anyone else get an extra Eve Valkyrie for cheap that they could hook a fellow CAG'er up with one?  I missed the deal sadly...

Sounds like you are getting a very mild case of motion sickness so you will probably have to play in short spurts until your mind and body get used to it. Don't push yourself either and try to play through as that will make it worse. Once you feel sick just take a break and play something else or relax until it goes away.

bread's done
Back