Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
RIGS is the biggest question mark of the launch line-up for me. I've been really tempted to just pre-order it so I have a copy, but want to see a few reviews/impressions first. Hoping we see some before launch day, as far as multi-player goes I imagine RIGS and Battlezone will be the most played games online by far and I feel like most people will pick up RIGS alongside the VR. I feel like Batman is going to be the most popular game overall though as far as what people pick up at launch.
I'm just looking for a good multiplayer game to round out my launch purchases. I'm waiting for Rigs and Battlezone to get some reviews in so I can pick between the two.

I'm just looking for a good multiplayer game to round out my launch purchases. I'm waiting for Rigs and Battlezone to get some reviews in so I can pick between the two.
I played Battlezone during a demo of the PSVR and really enjoyed the 15 minutes I spent with the game, but it wasn't multiplayer. The game did seem to be very simplistic and provide little variety, I also feel like the game is overpriced for what it is. It's still a game I am considering picking up at launch, but I am leaning towards waiting for a price drop as of now. RIGS seems like it will be a more fleshed out than Battlezone. For me it'll be between RIGS and EVE for which higher priced launch game I decide to pick up.

I played Battlezone during a demo of the PSVR and really enjoyed the 15 minutes I spent with the game, but it wasn't multiplayer. The game did seem to be very simplistic and provide little variety, I also feel like the game is overpriced for what it is. It's still a game I am considering picking up at launch, but I am leaning towards waiting for a price drop as of now. RIGS seems like it will be a more fleshed out than Battlezone. For me it'll be between RIGS and EVE for which higher priced launch game I decide to pick up.
I feel the same way. I was a little shocked by the $59.99 price (and still overpriced with Prime) and I think it's the most expensive retail VR game.

I feel the same way. I was a little shocked by the $59.99 price (and still overpriced with Prime) and I think it's the most expensive retail VR game.
EVE Valkyrie is also $59.99 MSRP and RIGS is $49.99. I actually thought Battlezone was $39.99, so I am definitely shocked to see it's even more than that. I feel like the game shouldn't be more than $29.99 tops.

Holy shit just played Eve Valkyrie. Purchase already justified. I was grinning like a maniac the whole time.

In line again to try RIGs. You barely notice the graphics when you see how immersive it is. Also felt comfortable with glasses and the headphones on

And got my mom to try it lol. She started screaming at the ocean descent game when the sharks came.

These are the stores I looked up before I got busy today. First number is Launch and second is Core.

1961 - 0/0 (This has to be a BB Mobile mall store. :whistle2:k )

824 - 22/32

442 - 26/36

225 - 10/20

693 - 6/2

105 - 46/52

775 - 14/20

428 - 28/42

1432 - 30/40

127 - 22/32

488 - 10/12

1070 - 4/9

Will have to check any others after the weekend.

These are the stores I looked up before I got busy today. First number is Launch and second is Core.

Oops it is. The actual store number is 291.

824 - 22/32

442 - 26/36

225 - 10/20

693 - 6/2

105 - 46/52

775 - 14/20

428 - 28/42

1432 - 30/40

127 - 22/32

488 - 10/12

1070 - 4/9

Thanks for this!

Went to Best Buy today to pick up GoW4 and while I was there my store had a PSVR demo set up with Batman.  While I was somewhat impressed with the technology and it was better then I would have originally thought, it is very unresponsive to movements at times esspecially with your hands and the move controller.  Maybe it was just a faulty set or maybe the game is glitchy but I will definatly hold of on getting VR until more comes out about it and Sony can prove that it will actually support a peripheral for longer then 6 months.

824 - 22/32
442 - 26/36
225 - 10/20
693 - 6/2
105 - 46/52
775 - 14/20
428 - 28/42
1432 - 30/40
127 - 22/32
488 - 10/12
1070 - 4/9

Thank you. I am really surprised the rancho store is getting that many

I guess I better figure out which bundle to keep before Best Buy asks me to update my card tomorrow. :whistle2:k

824 - 22/32
442 - 26/36
225 - 10/20
693 - 6/2
105 - 46/52
775 - 14/20
428 - 28/42
1432 - 30/40
127 - 22/32
488 - 10/12
1070 - 4/9

Thank you very much.

Tyrok can you check 1538 when you have an opportunity? 

Thanks in advance.

824 - 22/32

442 - 26/36

225 - 10/20

693 - 6/2

105 - 46/52

775 - 14/20

428 - 28/42

1432 - 30/40

127 - 22/32

488 - 10/12

1070 - 4/9

How are you able to check? Anyway to see the numbers for store #188? :)

Seen this on reddit. The closer we get to PSVR launch date the more excited I become.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/56ek14/pallet_of_psvr/?st=iu0lw0f6&sh=ed90afc5

_h0BD5UYJbJoCh57XokmvAiNa3QN0pejuFaFkZi4TZg.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize there were that many games planned already.

Okay, so realistically speaking, what are the chances I can just walk into a retail store on Thursday and pick up a launch bundle?

If I get there right when they open, will I be able to find one or will people be lined up like it's Black Friday?

Also, are retail stores still taking pre-orders?

Wow, I didn't realize there were that many games planned already.

Okay, so realistically speaking, what are the chances I can just walk into a retail store on Thursday and pick up a launch bundle?

If I get there right when they open, will I be able to find one or will people be lined up like it's Black Friday?

Also, are retail stores still taking pre-orders?
I really dont think people will be lined up, most people that would line up will probably be at the midnight releases (best buy, gamestop) your best bet would probably showing up at midnight at a 24 hour walmart, but it sounds like best buy will be getting quite a few extra. i believe all major retailers preorders are sold out.

Thanks.  I don't seem to have any 24 hour Wal-Mart stores in my area so I may try Best Buy in that case.

@Tyrok - could you please post the stock of these 3 stores when you have a chance?

I really dont think people will be lined up, most people that would line up will probably be at the midnight releases (best buy, gamestop) your best bet would probably showing up at midnight at a 24 hour walmart, but it sounds like best buy will be getting quite a few extra. i believe all major retailers preorders are sold out.
I don't think there will be any issues. My estimate is that they made around 250k units which is a ton for that kind of item. Their sell through looks around half that and they plan (hope) to sell through the rest through the year with in store demos and word of mouth. I was pretty against VR until I tried it and while most people don't have expendable income to buy something like that on impulse I bet there's a few people who make VR their xmas wish after they try a few demos in store.

Just seen that PSVR launch bundle from dell on the front page.

If I can grab one of those Monday then I can avoid the whole launch event.

I wonder how long dell shipping takes.

I went to the psvr experience today at fort meade just to see what I am getting.   My thoughts.

Occular overload.  I can definitely see where they are going.   To me things seemed smooth.   The depth and perception is really nice.     That space shooter Valkyrie was nice.  The best way to describe it was once the program engaged I was immediately transported to a space ship. 

I have to learn how to control the ship better.    Rigged was a nice mech battle game.   The car shooter was nice.   

Imo this is the first run for games.   Anyone that plays this at your house will be blown away.   The only thing is that it will be some time before full good long games are released.   So if you are one that likes longer games or once you beat it you do not go back you will probably grow tired.  

I hope they keep supporting it and put out a lot more games.  I was getting nervous but for me The Experience is worth the price.   Like the star trek Holodeck.  I am also hearing great things about cinematic mode.   I bet the last of us or uncharted looks awesome.  

IMO If you didn't play the occulus or vive  you will be in for a treat.   

The lady there basically said that there will be some to sell outside of preorders  at the midnight launch on a first come first serve basis.  

Just seen that PSVR launch bundle from dell on the front page.

If I can grab one of those Monday then I can avoid the whole launch event.

I wonder how long dell shipping takes.
Where did you see this exactly?

NVM, I found it

My excitement has been building towards the point where I may actually break down and pick the psvr up at launch.  In fact, I had already been considering what I was trading in to offset the cost.  Then, about 2 hours ago, I went into my basement and walked by the shelf with my psp go box on it.   Talking about coming back down to earth.  

The only thing is that it will be some time before full good long games are released.
Resident Evil is released in January which will support VR so I was reading.

The Resident Evil Kitchen demo will be out on the PSVR release day and will support PSVR.

After playing the first demo today I can't wait to see how scary the VR demo will be.

The whole game felt like it was design around VR.

Noticed my Best Buy ordered has charged and is processing. Bank account slightly hurts, but my excitement is hitting an all time high right now. 

bread's done
Back