Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
any reason why eve valkyrie physical is not on Best Buy? its seems to be at Amazon and GS.

and also...what games is everyone getting day one? I cant remember the last time a console released and I had no idea what games were even coming out let alone what to get.

Ive currently been thinking about Arkham VR and either EVE Valkyrie or Rigs.

any reason why eve valkyrie physical is not on Best Buy? its seems to be at Amazon and GS.

and also...what games is everyone getting day one? I cant remember the last time a console released and I had no idea what games were even coming out let alone what to get.

EVE looks cool. I did a demo of the game at Best Buy and enjoyed it a lot.

I've already got EVE Valkyrie and Battlezone preordered and paid for. I tried both of those when I demoed it and those were the two that sold me on it. I wasn't going to get Batman because it was so short but everything I'm reading reminds me that it's more about the quality than length - plus it's only $20 so I'll be getting it now as well :)

Also War Thunder is getting a VR update (may have already - there was a 13GB update the other day) so there's that - Battlefront will have it's X-Wing VR mission whenever that releases, and COD: IW will have it's Jackal VR mission

I may ask for RIGS and Driveclub for Christmas - or grab them when they're on sale if I like the demos

I just ordered two Move Controllers from Amazon for $51 and some change after seeing the 2 controller bundle priced at $99.99 at Best Buy I decided now was the time to order those things since it's looking like I'll want to have them next Thursday. I still am not sure on what games I am getting at launch either. I know I will get Rez Infinite (debating on ordering that physical copy still) and Super Hyper Cube. I am interested in Arkham VR, but not sure I want to spend $20 for what is surely a very short experience. Rigs I have interest in, but having not played the game makes me curious to how good it will actually be. It's always been strange that it wasn't part of the demo loop in stores for the PSVR since it's THE launch game for Sony. EVE Valkyrie and Battle Zone I have played and liked both, so I will probably end up with one of those on launch. 

Not sure if I should put any pre-orders in yet though. My store is doing a midnight launch, but my VR is being shipped to me so I won't have it until sometime Thursday. I am thinking of going to the launch though and checking things out and picking a few titles up, but just need to figure out which ones I want. 

I just ordered two Move Controllers from Amazon for $51 and some change after seeing the 2 controller bundle priced at $99.99 at Best Buy I decided now was the time to order those things since it's looking like I'll want to have them next Thursday. I still am not sure on what games I am getting at launch either. I know I will get Rez Infinite (debating on ordering that physical copy still) and Super Hyper Cube. I am interested in Arkham VR, but not sure I want to spend $20 for what is surely a very short experience. Rigs I have interest in, but having not played the game makes me curious to how good it will actually be. It's always been strange that it wasn't part of the demo loop in stores for the PSVR since it's THE launch game for Sony. EVE Valkyrie and Battle Zone I have played and liked both, so I will probably end up with one of those on launch.

Not sure if I should put any pre-orders in yet though. My store is doing a midnight launch, but my VR is being shipped to me so I won't have it until sometime Thursday. I am thinking of going to the launch though and checking things out and picking a few titles up, but just need to figure out which ones I want.
Yikes $100. Thanks for mentioning this as I just bought two of a guy from eBay for like $31. They were used but I'll take the $70 savings over new.

Yikes $100. Thanks for mentioning this as I just bought two of a guy from eBay for like $31. They were used but I'll take the $70 savings over new.
Yeah, I saw that price and immediately had the same reaction and quickly ordered two on Amazon. I figured they'd jack the price up on the Move Controllers when they repackaged them, but damn $99.99 for a dual pack is insane! From what I saw they looked to be exactly the same as the PS3 Move Controllers too. No added Dual Shock support or anything different that I could see, they may possibly have micro USB for charging now, but that I cannot confirm either, would be nice though.

So as a Trekker sitting on the fence about PSVR I'm going to just throw this out there:

Right now: Star Trek Bridge Crew looks great.

November 29th: Star Trek Bridge Crew is

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9229] / out of 10

its not going to be hard to find, how much you have to pay to get it, that is the question.
I have one I ordered back when they went up, but I don't want it. I was debating getting it and trying to flip it or just cancelling my order, unless someone wants it lol.

Anyone know if the PS VR is going to be hard to get through the holidays?
I would say the safe bet is yes. New hardware is almost always difficult to get during the Holiday and the PSVR at the very least will do well at launch and this Holiday, the future is hard to tell, but the pre-orders sold out incredibly quick earlier this year and I can't imagine stores are going to get many if any at all to sell outside pre-orders on launch. That being said if you want one, plenty of scalpers have them pre-ordered with the intention of selling them for double MSRP, so if you wanna spend HTC Vive kind of money for a PSVR you will certainly be able to do that.

Yeah, I saw that price and immediately had the same reaction and quickly ordered two on Amazon. I figured they'd jack the price up on the Move Controllers when they repackaged them, but damn $99.99 for a dual pack is insane! From what I saw they looked to be exactly the same as the PS3 Move Controllers too. No added Dual Shock support or anything different that I could see, they may possibly have micro USB for charging now, but that I cannot confirm either, would be nice though.
I believe when I read through $100 listing on Best Buy it said that it still had the mini usb (PS3 era) charge ports. I might have considered them if they were at least redesigned to use micro sub cords.

I believe when I read through $100 listing on Best Buy it said that it still had the mini usb (PS3 era) charge ports. I might have considered them if they were at least redesigned to use micro sub cords.
I didn't see anything that said either way, but I'd be willing to bet they are mini USB. I can't imagine Sony would redesign the controllers to add micro USB and not also add Dual Shock functionality to them, which would have been worth the price for me.

Anyone know if the PS VR is going to be hard to get through the holidays?
When I was talking to the manger yesterday they said it would be easy to grab one during the holiday.

With the ps4 pro coming out and vr roughly within a month apart I'm not sure how well both items will do.

So maybe the Launch bundle won't be as limited as I though. Other stores in my are are getting between 6-10 and between 10-20 Core bundles. I'm not sure if store pick-up or in-store preorder were ever available as my store has neither. Not sure how they are coming up with how many to send each store if that is the case.

Store number 13
28 Launch, 24 Core.

Best Buy will have Eve. Not sure why it isn't listed yet.

I honestly don't know what he needed that is why I asked.

Mine would be store 414
Will have to check tomorrow.

Thanks, I'm praying I have a chance with the launch bundle or core bundle.

Unrelated, as someone that never went to a midnight release for any consoles or games what should I expect?

I'm planning on leaving 30 minutes before the midnight release.

I didn't see anything that said either way, but I'd be willing to bet they are mini USB. I can't imagine Sony would redesign the controllers to add micro USB and not also add Dual Shock functionality to them, which would have been worth the price for me.
I just checked again under product features for the $100 bundle, and it said that it comes with 2 mini usb charging cables. I think it's safe to assume they will be charged by mini usb.

Thanks, I'm praying I have a chance with the launch bundle or core bundle.

Unrelated, as someone that never went to a midnight release for any consoles or games what should I expect?

I'm planning on leaving 30 minutes before the midnight release.
Did you pre-order or are you just trying to get one on launch? If you are trying to get one at launch it depends, I can't imagine a ton of people who didn't pre-order will be lining up as it is a week night and I can't imagine many people who aren't already committed with pre-orders will be willing to drop so much money right before just about every major release hits.

I don't expect my Best Buy to have a huge turn out, I had to have my pre-ordered shipped and didn't get the option for store pick-up and can't switch the order either. I will still go in at midnight and pick up some games and maybe some free launch swag.

Did you pre-order or are you just trying to get one on launch? If you are trying to get one at launch it depends, I can't imagine a ton of people who didn't pre-order will be lining up as it is a week night and I can't imagine many people who aren't already committed with pre-orders will be willing to drop so much money right before just about every major release hits.

I don't expect my Best Buy to have a huge turn out, I had to have my pre-ordered shipped and didn't get the option for store pick-up and can't switch the order either. I will still go in at midnight and pick up some games and maybe some free launch swag.
I didn't pre-order, so I'm hoping to get one at launch

Unrelated.
Anyone knows if the playstation vr will run fine on the original ps4?

It comes w/a breakout box just so it can run on og ps4
The box is also required for PS4 Pro. From what I've heard the VR runs the same on both consoles, but I still would imagine the Pro would run things slightly better, but I doubt it'll be noticeable. I think of the PSVR as an attachment like the 32X or Sega CD were for the Genesis.

I really want to see a review for RIGS too, that is the game I am super on the fence about. Seems like most of the games worth getting are digital only (Super HyperCube and Thumper namely). But I've decided that along with those and Rez Infinite, I have to play Arkham VR so I am going to get it. The idea of putting on the cowl in VR is just too damn appealing to not spend the $16 on it.

From Polygon.com

PlayStation VR's processing unit doesn't add any power to the PS4

So what does the processor unit do? A slide in Norden's presentation explained for the first time all of its functions.

First, the box handles processing of object-based 3D audio. Baked into the device is all the intelligence to feed directional sound to players in real time. Developers don't need to account for where the player is looking; they simply stick an audio source in the virtual space and the processing unit takes care of attuning those sources on the fly.

Must Read
PSVR_cover.0.0.0.jpeg
The making of PlayStation VR

"All the major headsets do this," Norden said, "but we've added our own special sauce. [...] You can hear elevation easily. Players can actually point where you think a sound is coming from."

That directional audio output, he was careful to add, is only available to the 3.5 mm headphone jack on the headset itself.

The processing unit also handles the display of the "social screen," which is Sony's term for the second screen that you may use with PlayStation VR. The box enables the PS4 to simultaneously output an image to the headset and, say, a television, at the same time.

The social screen can function in two modes. In "mirror mode," that second screen is fed an "undistorted, cropped and scaled image of the right eye of the display," which allows those in the room, but outside of VR, to share in the experience. The "separate mode" outputs a completely different audio and video stream to the social screen that runs in 720p at 30 frames per second.

I haven't experienced any of the VR headsets yet, but after seeing videos of others using it (Vive/Ocu/PSvr), I may wait until AMD's Sulon Q because it's cordless, with the computer built into the headset.  Too many wires/cords with the current VR headsets.

In the beginning I was really excited about this but after hearing / reading some of the Horrendous reviews and complaints...I think I'll wait for awhile.

This is one of the main reasons why I try not to get soo excited about upcoming releases....I always seem to get disappointed. 

In the beginning I was really excited about this but after hearing / reading some of the Horrendous reviews and complaints...I think I'll wait for awhile.

This is one of the main reasons why I try not to get soo excited about upcoming releases....I always seem to get disappointed.
What horrendous reviews? I haven't seen any horrendous reviews on the hardware. You've got to realize VR is in it's infancy right now and it isn't going to be perfect, but from the time I have spent with PSVR I am very excited to own one next week. I don't expect to play it every day or even every week, but I like the idea of being on the cutting edge when it comes to this technology and as someone who would have to build a new (very expensive PC) to get the Vive or Rift this is a deal at $400. I'm also going to be picking up my copy of WWE 2K17 next week so I will have plenty to do outside of VR as well.

What horrendous reviews? I haven't seen any horrendous reviews on the hardware. You've got to realize VR is in it's infancy right now and it isn't going to be perfect, but from the time I have spent with PSVR I am very excited to own one next week. I don't expect to play it every day or even every week, but I like the idea of being on the cutting edge when it comes to this technology and as someone who would have to build a new (very expensive PC) to get the Vive or Rift this is a deal at $400. I'm also going to be picking up my copy of WWE 2K17 next week so I will have plenty to do outside of VR as well.
Some people were having tracking issues. Seems like it isn't unheard of but not everyone is experiencing this problem either.

Some people were having tracking issues. Seems like it isn't unheard of but not everyone is experiencing this problem either.
I've seen that, but that's more of an issue of the room they have the system set up in and the Playstation Camera than it does the actual PSVR. My living room in my apartment isn't huge, so I am hoping to experience little to no issue when I get it home, I'll have more space than when I demoed the VR so I don't think I will have any issues.

i think set up is going to be critical, just like the kinect and playstation camera, if its not set up properly, you will have problems.

So maybe the Launch bundle won't be as limited as I though. Other stores in my are are getting between 6-10 and between 10-20 Core bundles. I'm not sure if store pick-up or in-store preorder were ever available as my store has neither. Not sure how they are coming up with how many to send each store if that is the case.

28 Launch, 24 Core.

Best Buy will have Eve. Not sure why it isn't listed yet.

If you can check 1160, I'd really appreciate it too!

I'll be picking up Batman VR and possibly EVE Valkyrie. I really want Driveclub VR too, but am not seeing it on Bestbuy. I see it listed at gamestop, but I would have preferred Bestbuy because of the GCU discount....

When I get home I'll shoot over the links for them.

They trashed the games, saying they deserved to be on 1 disk instead. Outdated and limited hardware. tracking and jumpy object issues but those should be able to be fixed w/ updates. also countless Motion sickness issues.

I see it going the same way as the PS move and Kinect. Popular at 1st but dying a horrible death. These gimmicky things never last.

So I have had my pre-order waiting with Best Buy for quite a while now, but I just received a new credit card, as my old one had expired. Of course, the expired card is the one I originally used for the Best Buy PSVR pre-order. I checked to look into updating my payment method through the site, and it doesn't appear to be an option. I assume this won't end up being a problem (and I'm fairly sure I've been through this before myself, possibly with my PS4 pre-order) but does anyone have experience with how Best Buy handles that?

So I have had my pre-order waiting with Best Buy for quite a while now, but I just received a new credit card, as my old one had expired. Of course, the expired card is the one I originally used for the Best Buy PSVR pre-order. I checked to look into updating my payment method through the site, and it doesn't appear to be an option. I assume this won't end up being a problem (and I'm fairly sure I've been through this before myself, possibly with my PS4 pre-order) but does anyone have experience with how Best Buy handles that?
i believe they will contact you with a chance to update the payment method after the failed attempt to charge your old card. i dont know how close to release they do that though, so it might cause a shipping delay.

if i recall correctly you can call customer service and change the payment method right away if you want to.

They should contact you when the authorization fails but it could cause a shipping delay. Call them and they should be able to switch payments.

Does anybody know what's going on with Here They Lie?  It was listed on Amazon for 15.99 (Prime price) but quickly went to unavailable.  There's no preorder option on PSN for digital.  I thought it was coming out on launch day but haven't seen anything in the past week.  Is it still coming to disc or is just digital now?  

bread's done
Back