* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#6211 technolover   Sticky Bloody Waffle CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

technolover

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Tetris Effect is up on best buy for pre order 

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6307105

#6212 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

I just started Resident Evil 7 about 20 minutes ago.

Now I’m here, my PS4 is off and all the lights in the house are on.

It's really hard for me to say what my Favorite VR experience is, but RE7 is tied at the top of the list.  Man I loved every second of that game.  I would sometimes have to talk myself into playing it.  I'd also make excuses to myself to NOT play it because I knew it was going to be stressful to play.  I jumped like a little bitch probably a dozen times in that game, but I loved every second of it.  Stick with it because it's such an awesome experience.

#6213 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

Tetris Effect is up on best buy for pre order 

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6307105

Not sure if this was posted here yet, but I saw this the other day and there's a timed demo coming out Nov 1st to the 5th.

https://gematsu.com/...ches-november-1

#6214 Ocelotri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

Best Buy now shows Nov 16 when it should be the 9th for release day. Edit: for Tetris Effect

#6215 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

It's really hard for me to say what my Favorite VR experience is, but RE7 is tied at the top of the list.  Man I loved every second of that game.  I would sometimes have to talk myself into playing it.  I'd also make excuses to myself to NOT play it because I knew it was going to be stressful to play.  I jumped like a little bitch probably a dozen times in that game, but I loved every second of it.  Stick with it because it's such an awesome experience.

I'm maybe 2 hours in and just can't do it. Will maybe get to it before the end of the year but won't buy any other horror games until it's beat as I have all the DLC too. Maybe Astro Bot can balance it out.

#6216 bobaroo2  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:47 PM

I just started Resident Evil 7 about 20 minutes ago.

Now I’m here, my PS4 is off and all the lights in the house are on.

Omce Im done with rdr story I think Im going to give res evil another shot. I got about 20 min in as well

#6217 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

I'm maybe 2 hours in and just can't do it. Will maybe get to it before the end of the year but won't buy any other horror games until it's beat as I have all the DLC too. Maybe Astro Bot can balance it out.

Omce Im done with rdr story I think Im going to give res evil another shot. I got about 20 min in as well

Haha, yeah. I ended up pulling an all nighter and playing my longest single session ever. The key to getting over those initial fears is to die a few times so you're not afraid of "death" anymore. It's just really aggressive and characters will JUMP out at your face, which can be disorienting at first. Once you get past the shock factor, it's definitely one of the most complete VR experiences to date. No other horror game has really matched up to its intensity.

#6218 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68235 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:06 AM

#6219 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:06 AM

Haha, yeah. I ended up pulling an all nighter and playing my longest single session ever. The key to getting over those initial fears is to die a few times so you're not afraid of "death" anymore. It's just really aggressive and characters will JUMP out at your face, which can be disorienting at first. Once you get past the shock factor, it's definitely one of the most complete VR experiences to date. No other horror game has really matched up to its intensity.

There is a part in RE7 that I kept an extra save slot for that is later on in the game.  You unlock this door and there is absolutely no lights in the next few rooms, and you have a flashlight instead.  Man that whole section is intense as shit and fun to show off to other people as a demo of the game.  It's creepy as shit.  

I will say though by the end of the game you are so used to it and the latter part of the game simply isn't that scary at all compared to the early parts.

#6220 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:00 AM

I will say though by the end of the game you are so used to it and the latter part of the game simply isn't that scary at all compared to the early parts.

Yeah, man.

Spoiler

#6221 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68235 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:36 AM

Giant Bomb has a good video on Tetris Effect showing off the variety of modes in the game:

#6222 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:00 PM

PSVR: HALLOWEEN EDITION (PART 3)

Bloody Zombies: This game is exactly what you think it's going to be -- no more, no less. A 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up played from a 3D perspective. All that means is you can move up closer to the characters, look left or right to see the entire course and find secrets that wouldn't easily be visible from a flat view. This novelty lasted up until the second level. Unfortunately, the difficulty ramps up quickly and I found myself frustrated and unable to progress past the fifth stage (about halfway through the game) without restarting. Since this is made for 1-4 players (obviously only one person can wear the headset at a time), I get the feeling the difficulty level remains the same across the board and that's why I keep getting overrun by baddies. Maybe I'll give it another shot some other time, but I can't really recommend it in its current state. An "easy" option would have been preferable.

The Exorcist: Legion VR: They had the rights to one of the scariest movie franchises of all time, how could they go wrong? For one, this feels like an almost bare-bones experience. With a game boasting 5 chapters (more like "scenes") at $29.99 regular price, you'd think it would be substantial, but you could probably race through the entire thing in under an hour. More importantly though, is it scary? Well, the first time you play and you don't know what to expect, it sure is. You'll wind up replaying each chapter several times for the glitchy trophies (there are optional objectives and a hidden puzzle in each chapter, not required for progression), so by the time I got 100%, it all felt very predictable. Also, it stinks that the game is called The Exorcist, but you're playing as a police detective. Yeah, you pick up a priest's gear, but the levels feel so disparate that it's hard to find a throughline or thread connecting the plot. I'm also very disappointed that there wasn't a Regan-like character in the game; who doesn't want to exorcise a little demon girl? However, this game gives you exactly what you want when it comes to holding out a cross and repeating "The power of Christ compels you!" over and over (not actually required for gameplay, but fun for added immersion). That being said, it's a decent game as long as you don't hold high expectations and you pay less than $15. Probably not as scary as Paranormal Activity or Don't Knock Twice due to the fact that it breaks immersion between chapters and there isn't really a lot to do beyond triggering events.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: There's a reason why I saved this one for last; because it makes every VR game I played before it look like a piece of shit. Since this wasn't built exclusively for VR, it actually feels like a real game, with engaging gameplay, moderate to challenging difficulty, and great big monster setpieces to shoot at. Moving around and aiming feels very natural and intuitive in VR and comfort settings help immensely when you're running about. I didn't get nauseous, but I did frequently get the eye sweats which fogged up my goggles, though that might have had more to do with terror. In short, it's everything you could want in VR horror. Of course, I could find some minor issues to nitpick: the VR to 2D video transitions break immersion at times, the lack of Move support, manual save stations (in 2017!), and your inventory space is never quite big enough to accommodate everything the game has to offer. Anyway, it's already been established, but this is a top 10 VR game. Definitely an easy recommend, unless you don't like things jumping out at your face (it can be intense at times). I've played through the main campaign (both endings) and I still have plenty of DLC to delve into in the Gold Edition, so this feels like the perfect way to close out the Halloween season.

(PART 1, PART 2)

#6223 bigstew  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

FWIW, I'm in the same boat and am waiting for  BF. Haven't seen a compelling deal on a PSVR bundle in the month or two that I've been watching. 

Was hoping for $100 off for BF, but they just released those new bundles. Guessing $50 off might be the best we see. Pure speculation obviously.

well i know it was 100$ awhile ago i think to get rid of the 1.0 versions but also worked for the newer models too, but 50$ might be the best which means its not much of a point to wait or they just through in a couple of games or aim controller as a bf bundle

started it a couple of days ago, freaky but was pissed when i found out the aim controller doesnt work with it despite being told otherwise, so motivation died out, hopefully we get more good games for the controller since the last two for just average

#6224 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:04 PM

There's a new sale starting today:

https://old.reddit.c...home_run_derby/

#6225 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68235 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:17 PM

The new deals for this week:

The American Dream - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13

Archangel - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Code51: Mecha Arena - $15.99 - 20% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/13

Eagle Flight - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13

Electronauts - $16.99 - 15% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/13

The Invisible Hours - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $$23.99 - 40% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

MLB Home Run Derby VR - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13

Paper Dolls - $15.29 - 10% Off - Ends 11/13

PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/1

Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Raw Data - $27.99 - 30% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Space Rift: Episode 1 - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/13

Sprint Vector - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Werewolves Within - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13

These continuing deals end later this week:

18 Floors - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Accounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Ends 10/31

Bloody Zombies - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 11/2

The Brookhaven Experiment - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 11/2

Dead Secret - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 22% Off - Ends 11/2

The Inpatient - $15.99 - 20% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/2

Neverout - $6.79 - 15% Off - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 10/31

The Persistence - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Sneaky Bears - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/2

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/2

#6226 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

Anybody played MLB Home Run Derby VR?  Is it worth it at $10?

#6227 erikjo  

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:49 AM

I have played many vr games now including re7 and far point. Anything I have to move around in like re7 or farpoint or paranormal activity makes me sick almost instantly. I played through moss, astrobot, static and a few others with no trouble. I am even multiple hours into farpoint and now I cant play it either. It seems like the first person aspect in vr really makes me sick. Anyone else experience this?

I really want to play re7 and that was one of my selling points for vr. It makes me sick when I walk towards any wall though.

#6228 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3097 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:32 AM

IDK, but grabbed it for that price, my boys will love it.

#6229 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68235 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

It's okay. I don't know if my setup caused this issue or if it was just the game, but the world rotated to the left slightly with every pitch, so after the second round I was facing 180 degrees away from my TV that made it really hard to play. It's light on content with three stadiums and one main mode, but it depends on how much you want a sports game.

#6230 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Man, as if I couldn't be any more impressed with RE7, the DLC is outstanding. Everything feels uniquely created and not just rehashing the same old thing. Of particular note is "21," a game of high-stakes blackjack where you can lose more than just your hand. It feels like something straight out of Saw. There are also fun puzzle-oriented challenges, like Bedroom and Daughters. I think End of Zoe might be my favorite though; it's challenging due to the bare-knuckle nature of it (not to mention the crocodile-infested swamps), but oh so satisfying. I'm really getting a lot of VR mileage out of this game.

#6231 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

Target's BF add shows PSVR + Creed + Super Hot + 2 Move Controllers + Camera for $250.

That is a STEAL of a deal, even without the games I would be all over that if I didn't have a PSVR already.

#6232 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12034 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

So it appears as if Astro Bot is only hard to find at Best Buy.  Amazon has restocked so they ship right away, and my local Walmart just got a few more copies in.  I'd really like to use my GCU discount on it.....

#6233 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

I noticed Heavy Fire:Red Shadow is now shown as being available online and in store at Walmart. Most stores in my area are showing 2-3 copies available.

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=17236804

Is there a free shipping code available for gamestop? Wanting to place an order for a couple of VR games but don't want to pay shipping.

#6234 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

I noticed Heavy Fire:Red Shadow is now shown as being available online and in store at Walmart. Most stores in my area are showing 2-3 copies available.

Is there a free shipping code available for gamestop? Wanting to place an order for a couple of VR games but don't want to pay shipping.

Never even knew this game existed until I saw this post. But I'm a sucker for buying physical disc media PSVR games. Anyone here play it and want to share their impressions with us? 

#6235 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12034 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Nice, never heard this was coming out as well.  Will definitely look into getting it.

#6236 bustastuff   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

bustastuff

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

Tetris Effect Weekend Trial is up: https://store.playst...ETRISEFFECT0000

#6237 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

Tetris Effect Weekend Trial is up: https://store.playst...ETRISEFFECT0000

Came to post this too. Sadly I have to go to work and have stuff to do afterwards so I won’t be able to try it till tomorrow

#6238 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

I was feeling kinda depressed and not sure what to do with myself, so I fired up the Tetris Effect demo. I've got to say, I wasn't planning on buying this day 1 and...well, I'm still not planning on it, but it was cool to try. I hope there are more modes in the full version because it essentially felt like Tetris projected ahead of me with fancy visualizations and catchy music. It put me in a relaxed headspace, but I seem to remember the trailer showing off more and generally being more impressive. I think my main problem is that I'm so focused on the puzzle at hand that I don't even notice everything going on around me in the VRscape. Hope I'm wrong about it.

#6239 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:30 AM

I finally got to play Dream Angling after months of wanting it.  I picked it up during the anniversary sale this year.  It's pretty much what I expected.  A charming fishing game with pretty visuals.  The graphics are amazing.  The controls are very easy to pick up quickly.  The game looks incredibly real, both in the menu and during gameplay.  I really love the environment in which you play.  It makes you feel like a child who imagines that he/she can shrink down and go fishing in his toy playset, which is exactly what I wanted it to be.  Did I mention how stunning the visuals are?

#6240 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8368 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:17 AM

Target's BF add shows PSVR + Creed + Super Hot + 2 Move Controllers + Camera for $250.

That is a STEAL of a deal, even without the games I would be all over that if I didn't have a PSVR already.

How much would all that be usually?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR