My PS1 rpg collection is finally finished! Pics inside!

KingofGames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
After several grueling months of non-stop negotiating, I've finally tracked down all of the PS1 rpgs that I feel are... well, rpgs! Pictures below are of all of the games I own. Hope you all enjoy. :)

And that's all, folks!

Sadly, I don't really have a grand total. I got a good 35-40 of them from trades, 15 or so I've owned for years and years, and the last 15-20 I purchased. I got a lot of really good deals on the big hitters though, which is what actually caused me to go after this entire collection.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']you missed saiyuki: journey to the west and growlancer.

since you are already so far ahead, just go a little further man.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, he has Saiyuki and Growlanser is for PS2.

I've got King's Field, it's just not in the picture. I've heard plenty about Master of Monsters, so I might as well just add that when I get the chance.

Ecofreak, you should talk to Dangerboy from GTZ. He's got EVERY US PS1 game ever released and the majority of the variants. Who knows, some day I may go for that collection as well.

From my estimates, I'm missing 21 (from a list I've compiled of 72 total). The only really big one I'm missing is Suikoden 2 - I just refuse to pay the $100+ that it goes for. Keep hoping I'll get lucky & stumble across it someday, but as PS1 sections in stores get smaller & smaller that dream fades more & more. I'm still looking for the others I'm missing, but I would definitely step up the search if I had that missing piece.

Yeah, in this day and age it's very tough to find a good deal on Suikoden II. It's nearly reached "PDS" status. Anyone who knows anything about collecting knows of Suiky II's value.

Damn, mad kudos! Awesome, awesome collection..........I wonder how long it'll take you to pass those games....:shock:

[quote name='KingofGames']Yeah, in this day and age it's very tough to find a good deal on Suikoden II. It's nearly reached "PDS" status. Anyone who knows anything about collecting knows of Suiky II's value.[/QUOTE]

You can buy a copy from GameStop for $28.

PDS? I call it Chrono Trigger Syndrome (or maybe Megaman X3 Syndrome, from the current collector climate...).

Speaking of rare games, I'd have a spare Phantasy Star IV right now if my brother would ask his scum-of-the-earth so-called best friend to return the copy he "borrowed" from me over 2 years ago.

On one part, I have to say nice job on the collection!

On another part, I have to say that Rhapsody is harder to come by than Suikoden II... you'll see Suikoden II from time to time but I have yet to see a copy of Rhapsody outside of eBay.

Congradulations on the collection! I would love to do the same if it didn't require so much work.

Now I challange you to collect sealed copies of each RPG, and place each sealed copy next to it's used counterpart.

Haha, no thanks. :p
As for finding used copies of Suikoden TWO for $28 off of Gamestop's website, you must have some access to a special area of the site, seeing as the game costs $59.99 in-store.

I've beaten around 12 of the games and I plan to finish many more by year's end. I can typically finish a 25-30 hour game in around a two week period, so I can see myself finishing the majority of the games by that time.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']PDS? I call it Chrono Trigger Syndrome (or maybe Megaman X3 Syndrome, from the current collector climate...).

Speaking of rare games, I'd have a spare Phantasy Star IV right now if my brother would ask his scum-of-the-earth so-called best friend to return the copy he "borrowed" from me over 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Good comparison, that makes much more sense than PDS.

[quote name='The VGM']Nice collection, don't like how you stored them though.[/QUOTE]

To be honest with you, I don't care much for it either. I'd prefer to have several shelves stacked on each other so none of the games had preasure from the other games. That's the next thing I'll have to invest in.

[quote name='KingofGames']Haha, no thanks. :p
As for finding used copies of Suikoden TWO for $28 off of Gamestop's website, you must have some access to a special area of the site, seeing as the game costs $59.99 in-store.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I bought it online alongside Ehrgeiz. Used the 20% off code too, so I only ended up paying about $40 for them. ;)

Looking back everyone would do stuff differently... i for one would have bought more copies of suikoden ii new on ebay although i'm quite satisfied w/ mine mint w/ strategy guide =)

*shrug* I got my Rhapsody off of Ebay for just over $20, mint. Of course, this was well before Disgaea released & people started actually caring about the game.

I have Rhapsody, the Personas, Valkyrie Profile, the Tales of Destiny games, Suikoden 1...pretty much ALL of the hard-to-find games except for S2. The only ones I'm missing that I'd say will be moderately hard to come by are the Ogre Battle games, but I've seen those on Ebay for reasonable prices.

Congrats man. I use to own half of those RPGs you have no during the PS era... gave them all away when I went PS2... worst decision I ever made. But I managed to get Wild Arms back, my most favorite PS RPG ever.

[quote name='jevon90']how many hours would it take to beat them all you think?[/QUOTE]

There's 72 games and the time to complete the games ranges anywhere from 10 hours all the way up to a good 60 hours. I would guess the average time for all 72 games would be 30 hours or so, meaning around 2,160 hours. That equates to 90 days of gameplay. :) I think I'm set for life!

[quote name='argyle']*shrug* I got my Rhapsody off of Ebay for just over $20, mint. Of course, this was well before Disgaea released & people started actually caring about the game.

I have Rhapsody, the Personas, Valkyrie Profile, the Tales of Destiny games, Suikoden 1...pretty much ALL of the hard-to-find games except for S2. The only ones I'm missing that I'd say will be moderately hard to come by are the Ogre Battle games, but I've seen those on Ebay for reasonable prices.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not the most expensive, but some of the hardest ones for me included Brigandine w/ map, DragonSeeds complete, Vanguard Bandits with Lunar demo, Final Fantasy Origins original and complete (everyone has this GH and sealed, hoping it'll be worth something), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue complete w/ pendant and all. While I was trying to acquire all of these rpgs, I owned multiple copies of Suikoden II and Rhapsody which most would consider to be the hardest to find. Who'da thunk I'd have the hardest time with games like FF:O and Vanguard Bandits!

bread's done
Back