* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Forza 6, King's Quest, DD Neon, more | GwG: XB1 Project Cars, Lovers / Spacetime; 360 SW Force Unleashed | Indie bundle, Bethesda

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#5191 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted Today, 09:06 PM

Not sure why I'm taking the bait but things pick up before Christmas in multiple ways. You can only compare January and February 2017 to January and February 2016 to see how it's trending and as it's been mentioned multiple times, we are getting more this year.

You could compare to those months, but I don't think they really hit their stride until closer to summer. I think it is more relevant to compare it to more recent months.

#5192 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

This news should make some of you happy.

Halo 6 will include split screen.

http://www.gamespot....a/1100-6448159/

Halo 6 is not announced yet though :) you got my hopes up that it leaked lol.

#5193 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9981 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted Today, 09:20 PM

Halo 6 is not announced yet though :) you got my hopes up that it leaked lol.

This is true I guess.  The news was all FPS going forward. :)

Cancerman1120.png

#5194 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted Today, 09:30 PM

You could compare to those months, but I don't think they really hit their stride until closer to summer. I think it is more relevant to compare it to more recent months.

You could compare Trump and Obama's inauguration crowds, but the hype surrounding the first black president makes it more relevant to compare to Bush jr's numbers. It's just a coincidence that such a comparison is more favorable to Trump. :rolleyes: #alternativefacts

In gaming news, pretty bummed about the AoT price hike. I've heard good things but still haven't watched the anime, and there was a little buzz in here that had me ready to watch some gameplay vids to see if it was right for me, but it looks like that ship has sailed. Oh well, it's probably a bad idea to waste $20+ just so I get that $4 reward.

#5195 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   4656 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:41 PM

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Wii U: Champloo4

1035269.png

#5196 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 09:59 PM

It's nice to see 343 admit mistakes, they usually brush them off pretty hard. I would like to see their numbers for people who do play splitscreen, but even if it's less than 10%, virtually the entire community lost their shit when this was discovered. I think the reaction was made worse because they chose not to say anything about removing splitscreen until the game was actually out. They clearly weren't ready for it. If they'd dial back their graphics a bit I think it'd be feasible, but the overly designed aesthetic of their art style may have trapped them as far as performance at this point. I'm curious if they'll be able to stick to 60 FPS. Halo 5 already had to make a lot of sacrifices to make it work. A dynamic resolution and Forge object mostly looking extremely basic on top of no splitscreen.

Irrational/Ghost Story just needs to give some details on what they're actually making. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a walking simulator so my expectations are low.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#5197 hearsaybear   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

hearsaybear

Posted Today, 10:02 PM

Is there a way to easily figure out purchases made through the sales and specials app? Pretty sure that's how I bought space invaders even though it is showing up as unpurchased online.

I feel like I remember a method being posted on here ages ago, can't seem to find it now though.

#5198 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 10:08 PM

I think it would show up in your download history on 360, though I don't know how you would make it show up on Xbone.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#5199 Sunrisecityrider  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted Today, 10:26 PM

Is there a way to easily figure out purchases made through the sales and specials app? Pretty sure that's how I bought space invaders even though it is showing up as unpurchased online.

I feel like I remember a method being posted on here ages ago, can't seem to find it now though.

https://account.micr...=login.live.com

https://live.xbox.co...ownload/History

#5200 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 10:34 PM

This is true I guess.  The news was all FPS going forward. :)

Removing split-sceen co-op from Halo is like removing it from Mario Kart to me, its a game mode that has been there for every entry in the series (portables notwithstanding) and its one of the main reasons I enjoy the series. You can't just remove a feature like that after six entries across two console generations and not expect people to react negatively, especially after the MCC had it too.

6TJRqLz.gif

#5201 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:39 PM

Other then what was mentioned, you could also check your emails. MS started sending purchase confirmation emails Jan 2013, I think.

#5202 infiniteHorizon   hrzn CAGiversary!   3682 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

infiniteHorizon

Posted Today, 10:46 PM

Removing split-sceen co-op from Halo is like removing it from Mario Kart to me, its a game mode that has been there for every entry in the series (portables notwithstanding) and its one of the main reasons I enjoy the series. You can't just remove a feature like that after six entries across two console generations and not expect people to react negatively, especially after the MCC had it too.

I'll never forget how I somehow missed that it wouldn't have split-screen co-op (Halo 5), I pre-ordered it, and when it arrived my girlfriend and I had found a babysitter, we sat down together on the couch, and then she watched me struggle for an hour trying to get split-screen to work before she eventually googled it and told me it didn't have it, and I still didn't believe her, and kept trying to figure it out. Halo without couch co-op? lol.

We then gave up and watched Netflix, but the next day I went back to it and played on my own for probably 3 hours or so, and never went back to it. 

I suppose if I had more Xbox Live friends you could find some fun in it still, but I definitely prefer playing with friends/family on the couch in the same room. It's just not the same.

#5203 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Today, 10:52 PM

Halo in particular with its health system made it easy for an experienced player to carry a noob and just have fun, an ex of mine was pretty terrible but she still wanted to play since there was less punishment for dying in co-op. I get the shift has been towards online play and that may be the majority of it, but it's just... they might as well remove one of the analog sticks on the controller, it's something you expect to be there.

6TJRqLz.gif

#5204 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   6363 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted Today, 10:53 PM

I did split-screen Halo 4 with a friend of mine and I didn't care for it at all.

#DifferentFolks

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#5205 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   3432 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted Today, 10:59 PM

I played through all the halos on the master chief collection split screen, (heroic) and because of the respawn system it's not very challenging but was lots of fun as co-op game. played through 5 solo as I had no choice and I enjoyed it because it was much more difficult, that said I'm glad splitscreen is coming back

1024483.png

#5206 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:35 PM

Split screen Halo is the thing period.....
It is father son time for me and I absolutely love it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360