* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Transformers, Dead Space 2/3, 360 Watch_Dogs DLC, more | Spotlight Indies | GwG: XB1 Watch_Dogs, Speedrunners; 360 DA:O

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#20581 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

Sigh...I bought several games from the BC sale and another 10 last week. Got Friday the 13th and Dead By Daylight, too.
Bring on the summer sale, I guess!

Picked up F13 again after I heard they fixed it and regretted it after playing a few games - I have been playing Dead by Daylight in the meantime and now F13 doesn't seem as good.. Maybe the single player mode will be more fun.

#20582 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:47 AM

If they have a good Forza Horizon 3 price, I may have to jump on it. You guys have worn me down with all of your FH3 talk.

Picked up F13 again after I heard they fixed it and regretted it after playing a few games - I have been playing Dead by Daylight in the meantime and now F13 doesn't seem as good.. Maybe the single player mode will be more fun.

I can see that. I like DBD from what I've played but I find myself enjoying F13 more. The sketchy frame rates when chasing as a killer make DBD pretty hard at times.

#20583 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:57 AM

I would get happy about $30 Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

1095870.png

#20584 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:59 AM

I know ME:A wasn't as well received as the other ME games but it surprised me going through my achievements that finishing the story was a rare achievement.

#20585 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8714 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

I know ME:A wasn't as well received as the other ME games but it surprised me going through my achievements that finishing the story was a rare achievement.

Not really considering how massive the game is, I mean you're exploring a whole new galaxy. Although I can see a bunch of people hopping on to the game each week to play multiplayer. I'm still going mostly on the single player and yeah I want to do everything so I'm not there yet. The other side are the people that play the game and didn't like it or initially brushed it off from its rough launch. Sadly there's a good game here (Pros: Combat is top notch, Dialogue trees and character depth is intact & fun to discover, Crafting is neat & can change up a lot of things, Exploration is pretty much open season, Cons: Main story, Too many "meaningless" side quests, occasional bugs & rough animations) and if you're willing to play hours of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with the numerous bugs and stiff animations, which you get with an open-world RPG, then I don't see why you wouldn't be playing ME:A. If someone decides to pick up the game during this sale I'd echo the fact to download the free app APEX HQ, which will allow you to run missions with your APEX teams and they'll inturn give your single player character credits & loot (including new weapons & new materials).

Edited by Spybreak9, 29 June 2017 - 03:40 AM.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67eVdThmcK.jpgoVbieaO.pngcuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3, Assassin's Creed: Origins

#20586 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2395 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

My wishlist:

Doom $15
Forza Horizon 3 Season Pass $20
Skyrim Xbox one $15
Inside $10

#20587 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   7579 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

i dont trust the 'rare' achievement system. take the namco arcade series games. some f the fruit achievements are 'rare'. and they are very easy to obtain.

#20588 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

I think one of the things we've learned from achievement rarity is that tons of people buy games and play them but don't bother to keep on playing them. Even the drop-off in games that have an achievement for beating the first level and then the second can be pretty alarming.

I think the closest comparison in the case of ME:A is Dragon Age: Inquisition, where just 13.21% of those who have played the game have finished the story. And DA:I was really well received, but like ME:A was also long, with tons of side quests and a multiplayer component that some people got more caught up in than the SP.

#20589 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5975 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:41 AM

My wants:

Dead rising 4 $29.99 PC

BlOps 3 $29.99 or less (for zombies dlc)

That's it

#20590 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

i dont trust the 'rare' achievement system. take the namco arcade series games. some f the fruit achievements are 'rare'. and they are very easy to obtain.

There are some definite oddities.  Shadows of the Damned and The Simpsons Game will both pop an achievement when pressing a button at the title screen.  I can understand neither achievement having 100% completion on Xbox's system if they count people that start the game but don't do anything, or in Shadows of the Damned's case, count people that own it digitally even if they've never started it.  But I don't get how TrueAchievements' completion percentages aren't 100%, since I thought they didn't track a game for you until you popped an achievement (or possibly a challenge on XB1).  Can you register a game against your tag there without having played it, or could it be a case of Gamerscore resets removing the achievements but not disassociating ownership of the game?

#20591 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12935 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:10 AM

There are some definite oddities.  Shadows of the Damned and The Simpsons Game will both pop an achievement when pressing a button at the title screen.  I can understand neither achievement having 100% completion on Xbox's system if they count people that start the game but don't do anything, or in Shadows of the Damned's case, count people that own it digitally even if they've never started it.  But I don't get how TrueAchievements' completion percentages aren't 100%, since I thought they didn't track a game for you until you popped an achievement (or possibly a challenge on XB1).  Can you register a game against your tag there without having played it, or could it be a case of Gamerscore resets removing the achievements but not disassociating ownership of the game?

I would guess on TA it has to do with people that got banned for cheating.

I've seen funky stuff with certain hackable games when they remove people that hacked the achievements.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#20592 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

It looks like the Ultimate Game Sale will start at 4pm Eastern.  Discounts on the following items are counting down to that time :

• Battlefield 1 Standard / Deluxe / Ultimate / Premium Pass
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY
  • FIFA 17 Deluxe / Super Deluxe
  • GTA V w/ fish card bundles
  • Madden 17 Deluxe / Super Deluxe
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda Standard / Deluxe
  • Overcooked: Gourmet Edition

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate and Season Pass are counting down to 8pm Eastern.

Little surprised that nothing in the Game Pass is counting down.

#20593 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5975 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:29 AM

It looks like the Ultimate Game Sale will start at 4pm Eastern.  Discounts on the following items are counting down to that time :

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate and Season Pass are counting down to 8pm Eastern.

4PM eastern tomorrow or Friday?

I know it says June 30, but we always get deals a day early.

#20594 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

4pm Eastern on the 29th

#20595 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   7579 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

anyone know if the sale goes live the same time for nongold members? 

#20596 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:56 AM

I wonder if it's a matter of a second player still being logged in while the other player is logged in and actually playing the game?

#20597 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

Crossing my fingers for a sale on FFXIII: Lightning Returns

8672117753_95059863f9_o.gif  

#20598 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

New thread

Ultimate Game Sale deals expected to go live at 4pm Eastern on 6/29.