* * - - - 13 votes

Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

#2461 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

The NES golf built in to the Switch is actually a cool tribute to Iwata, so props to "N", as it wasn't some ass-backwards scheme as I thought originally. It only technically works once a year, but it's a fitting day, so I'll leave it at that. 

#2462 mchittumjr  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Switch is in stock in Glen Burnie MD Target. They had 11 of the Gray. 

#2463 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Been seeing Switch's in stock all around me... Except Wal-Mart surprisingly. Have yet to see a Splatoon Bundle. My local Wal-Mart has been dry for the last month. Craigslist is listing them at $330 MSRP +tax.

#2464 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Been seeing Switch's in stock all around me... Except Wal-Mart surprisingly. Have yet to see a Splatoon Bundle. My local Wal-Mart has been dry for the last month. Craigslist is listing them at $330 MSRP +tax.

I checked the link posted on this thread at 4 or 5 a.m. this morning and the splatoon 2 bundle was available on Walmart.com. I was actually a bit shocked so if possible you might want to set alarm to check during the wee hours of the morning.

tumblr_oonxh3oM1L1rr6e7xo1_400.png

#2465 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but what are your predictions regarding the Switch for this year's Black Friday?

#2466 WaveGod  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but what are your predictions regarding the Switch for this year's Black Friday?

Probably gonna make a bundle with a game that costs 299.

#2467 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Some places may offer deals, but don't expect anything great from "N" directly. As there is no reason for them to offer anything, when the system is selling this well. As for individual retailers, who knows?

#2468 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

Probably gonna make a bundle with a game that costs 299.

Some places may offer deals, but don't expect anything great from "N" directly. As there is no reason for them to offer anything, when the system is selling this well. As for individual retailers, who knows?

I really hope they include a game. The bundles are too expensive right now

#2469 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2100 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

Stock checker tools helped a ton.  Grabbed a Neon from a local Walmart when they got a decent restock this week.   

Main logic on my end was I wanted to get one before Mario and before the real holiday rush.  I think there may be some low level retailer bundles, but nothing that will be too exciting or easy to get.  

#2470 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Saw a few splatoon switch bundles at Walmart in old bridge NJ last night

#2471 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

I really hope they include a game. The bundles are too expensive right now

Depending on the retailer, you might get some 1 2 Switch thrown in for your troubles. LOL

Seriously though, anything is possible on BF, and for the PS4 or ONE, I would expect some pretty good offerings(discounts, extras, games, etc). For the NS, I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything great, and if something is offered worth wild, it will probably be impossible to get unless you want to camp out for days. Or hope to get in on the few seconds such deals are offered online, but either way it won't be easy.

#2472 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

I don't think you'll see a discounted bundle.  Why would they?  It's selling well.  It will be the console's first xmas.  Mario is coming out and it's looking good.    Demand goes way up during xmas.  Not sure they will have enough supply to meet xmas demand as it is.

Maybe a store, if they are allowed to, will do their own bundle as a loss leader.  But ...the time you'd have to put into waiting in line to get that discount ....not sure how that would be worth it?  You could get a bigger discount working the same  shift in a $10/hr job at McDonalds 

#2473 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

This really isn't a deal, but for those who don't want to deal with retailers in Japan, NCSX has the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller for $86.98, and their cheapest shipping option is media mail, which for me showed up at $2.81.

They are located in NY, so if you live closer, you may have better options for cheaper and faster delivery, but you get the point. I can also vouch for NCSX, as they are a pretty good import shop, and I was greatly in debt thanks to using them back in the early 32/64-bit era. LOL

http://www.shopncsx....2370536980.aspx

EDIT: Orders are due to ship tomorrow based on their expected arrival date(on or around), so be aware of that.

#2474 rdigit  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

This really isn't a deal, but for those who don't want to deal with retailers in Japan, NCSX has the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller for $86.98, and their cheapest shipping option is media mail, which for me showed up at $2.81.

They are located in NY, so if you live closer, you may have better options for cheaper and faster delivery, but you get the point. I can also vouch for NCSX, as they are a pretty good import shop, and I was greatly in debt thanks to using them back in the early 32/64-bit era. LOL

http://www.shopncsx....2370536980.aspx

EDIT: Orders are due to ship tomorrow based on their expected arrival date(on or around), so be aware of that.

I would hate get a postage due delivery because a controller is definitely not media mail. Heck, video games aren't media mail.

#2475 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

I would hate get a postage due delivery because a controller is definitely not media mail. Heck, video games aren't media mail.

Yeah, that's a fair warning to others for sure, but I get all my items from them using that method, and have never had any issues. But yes, it can and will happen. Other options aren't to much more, but this is CAG, so I mention the cheapest option.

#2476 rdigit  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that's a fair warning to others for sure, but I get all my items from them using that method, and have never had any issues. But yes, it can and will happen. Other options aren't to much more, but this is CAG, so I mention the cheapest option.

Pointing out the cheapest option is appreciated! I would go with the cheapest option, too. It's a gamble with good odds, good payout, and limited downside for you For the retailer it's another story (see Amazon settlement with USPS).

#2477 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Pointing out the cheapest option is appreciated! I would go with the cheapest option, too. It's a gamble with good odds, good payout, and limited downside for you For the retailer it's another story (see Amazon settlement with USPS).

LOL, I just looked that up, as I had no idea that had happened. USPS has many more major issues, than if something meets the media mail requirement or not. All someone has to do is walk in to any post office in the country, and see how poorly each office is ran, and they have the nerve to complain to probably their biggest customer over some BS.

Amazon threw them a bone, and it didn't make a dent in their astronomical debt they run up each and every year. USPS is the perfect example of penny wise, dollar foolish(dumb). Boy, could I tell you guys some stories. LOL

#2478 inkcil   This Baby Bomber go Boo Boo CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Bought the Switch early last month from GS, but it was right when life got real busy and now I wish I'd waited til BF.  I'm not getting to play much. 

#2479 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Bought the Switch early last month from GS, but it was right when life got real busy and now I wish I'd waited til BF.  I'm not getting to play much. 

BF is going to be a mad house, and I would personally pay full retail for anything Vs. braving those crowds, just not worth it IMO. But waiting could have been a good thing, especially if you don't have the time to use it. Also by that time, units could be next to impossible to find, so as long as you wanted by the holidays, it was probably better to buy now. I'm actually rushing to get my sons before the get hard to find again.

#2480 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6349 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Is there a good place to search for a Splatoon 2 pro controller at msrp?  like go around and check various walmarts or something.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Do you think Nintendo will ship more of these?

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#2481 ihadmail  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Is there a good place to search for a Splatoon 2 pro controller at msrp?  like go around and check various walmarts or something.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Do you think Nintendo will ship more of these?

Brickseek.com is usualy pretty accurate for Walmart stock availability.

#2482 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6349 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Does anyone know if Target ever sold them in stores?  The reason I ask is bc I can get a discount there. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#2483 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4861 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

It's not available online but some gamestop B&M locations have them.

https://www.gamestop...-edition/149542

"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#2484 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2786 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

LOL, I just looked that up, as I had no idea that had happened. USPS has many more major issues, than if something meets the media mail requirement or not. All someone has to do is walk in to any post office in the country, and see how poorly each office is ran, and they have the nerve to complain to probably their biggest customer over some BS.

Amazon threw them a bone, and it didn't make a dent in their astronomical debt they run up each and every year. USPS is the perfect example of penny wise, dollar foolish(dumb). Boy, could I tell you guys some stories. LOL

That was WAY before Amazon was a big customer. That Amazon USPS delivery deal was made in 2014 I think. And it's SKETCHY, it was basically redeacted from public view. Seriously, a package delivery agreement was sealed from the public.

http://old.seattleti...nedit16xml.html

My theory is this all happened when USPS announced they were closing a bunch of plants and Amazon was announcing drone delivery, maybe Amazon will eventually take over those postal delivery centers, they are huge with tons of bay doors and parking, usually near metro areas, would probably be great drone launch points. Amazon. Could then pay a hefty purchase price that would take a huge chunk of red ink off the USPS books.

The debt is very complicated. They are the only government entity required to pay benefits before they are due.
https://www.uspsoig....what-you-assume

772836.png

#2485 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

The debt is very complicated. They are the only government entity required to pay benefits before they are due.
https://www.uspsoig....what-you-assume

Complicated doesn't begin to explain that nightmare. LOL

I'm well familiar with this, as I follow postal news from time to time, and I worked there years ago as well. That place is such a drain on resources and funds, and 90% of their staff are completely F'ing useless. Talk about needing to be nuked from orbit........

#2486 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5557 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Complicated doesn't begin to explain that nightmare. LOL

I'm well familiar with this, as I follow postal news from time to time, and I worked there years ago as well. That place is such a drain on resources and funds, and 90% of their staff are completely F'ing useless. Talk about needing to be nuked from orbit........

I actually find the USPS to be far more helpful and well run than FedEx or UPS.  USPS has also damaged far fewer of my packages over the years.  Don't even get me started on all the stupid FedEx and UPS delivery schedules that essentially expect that most residential customers are somehow going to be home in the middle of the day and make little accommodation if you can't be home the next day.  I mean when I had my HTC Vive delivered, they literally wouldn't hold my package for pickup and said if I wasn't home on the next delivery day, they would return it to HTC.  A private company also would not agree to deliver mail in the way the USPS has done for all these years as it would never be profitable.  I believe that the USPS has a vital role to play still and that if they ever do disappear, that will just mean higher shipping costs and worse service for all of us as UPS and Fedex will simply continue with their crappy level of service with one less competitor in the market.  

#2487 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3491 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:16 AM

Saw a ton of switches at target today (employee said they had 24).  And this was a target that also restocked the other week.  So it seems nintendo isn't kidding this time when they said they are ramping up production.

#2488 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

BF is going to be a mad house, and I would personally pay full retail for anything Vs. braving those crowds, just not worth it IMO. But waiting could have been a good thing, especially if you don't have the time to use it. Also by that time, units could be next to impossible to find, so as long as you wanted by the holidays, it was probably better to buy now. I'm actually rushing to get my sons before the get hard to find again.

Definitely pros and cons to that one. Con is that there could be bundles or discounts on them-fingers crossed for that one- that would be worth the wait. Also, he could have bought the Switch online, but it's much more fun to battle the crowds, right haha? Pro is that the Switch could definitely be much harder to find this holiday. Do you think Nintendo will try to pump out more Switches to meet the demand for the holidays? Will demand be greater than supply?  :???:

#2489 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2765 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

Import it from Japan, it's actually cheaper. On Amazon.jp right now you can get it for $76 shipped after Yen to USD conversion. You usually get it pretty fast too. I ordered a PS4 Pro vertical stand from them because I didn't want to support gamestop. It was the same price from Amazon.jp as it would be from Gamestop. Got it in 2 days!!! Unless you HAVE to own the US version there really is no difference and it will work on your Switch.

https://www.amazon.c...ywords=splatoon

Order details

Subtotal of products: USD 65.77 Shipping fee / commission: USD 10.46 Invoice amount: USD 76.23

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#2490 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

USPS has been good to me overall.  Employees have been mostly helpful in tracking down packages when the need arises.  But they definitely have the benefit of being backed by the American taxpayer.  

Amazon benefits quite a bit from this fact as well.