Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...now I have to ask... what advantage does an amiibo give you , like is it a power up you can use at will (like the respective exclusive DLC for RDR from Amazon, GameStop or BBY?)??

Or is it one time use?

So how does this work? I just called a nearby GameStop and some lady said that they can't confirm nor deny whether they'll have additional stock or not. She said that I could sign up for text notifications on my phone through their website. What's up with that? Is that a bs statement or has anyone else been getting told the same thing?

I've had 0 issues playing zelda on my wii u.
I'm loving it on my Wii U with my pro controller. The battery in that thing definitely last 80 hours, easily the best controller ever made. If the switch pro controller is half as good I'll be happy.

So how does this work? I just called a nearby GameStop and some lady said that they can't confirm nor deny whether they'll have additional stock or not. She said that I could sign up for text notifications on my phone through their website. What's up with that? Is that a bs statement or has anyone else been getting told the same thing?
I wouldn't call and alert them that you know, watch my spreadsheet and if one pops up near you just go and catch them off guard. Ive seen and heard many times since the NES Classic, Zelda ME, and Switch launch that GS employees have been holding back stock for themselves, even the free Nintendo giveaway items that were supposed to be for people waiting in line were never raffled off and instead distributed among employees at least at my local store.

Gamestop never surprises me. I went into today to trade in a ipod and a lady came in to return her switch because she needed the cash back. Keep in mind the lady opened and used the system and they still let her get her full refund. I might be wrong but i thought gs return policy did not allow you to return consoles.

Anyway i asked if they would sell it, they said yeah. I said how much is the pre owned price for the switch. They said that they are going to sell in as new.. I said but its open. They said that she only used it for a little while....

I started to press the issue but I'll wait until the system matures a little bit.

Moral of the story is that when you buy from gs as new, you never know if its really new. Another reason why i hate to shop there but trade ins keep me coming back.

Gamestop never surprises me. I went into today to trade in a ipod and a lady came in to return her switch because she needed the cash back. Keep in mind the lady opened and used the system and they still let her get her full refund. I might be wrong but i thought gs return policy did not allow you to return consoles.

Anyway i asked if they would sell it, they said yeah. I said how much is the pre owned price for the switch. They said that they are going to sell in as new.. I said but its open. They said that she only used it for a little while....

I started to press the issue but I'll wait until the system matures a little bit.

Moral of the story is that when you buy from gs as new, you never know if its really new. Another reason why i hate to shop there but trade ins keep me coming back.
I thought that was one of the great services of gamestop. They open your new games and make sure they work .

The first time I bought new from gamestop was for xenoblade on wii. i was like WTF as they put that god awful sticker seal on the case.

with a receipt you have 30 days to return a system. Only time you might have an issue returning is if you purchased a system with a downloadable game and used the code.

It should be illegal to pass off previously used merchandise as new.

Why you still even go in there is beyond my ability to ever understand. You know better about lamestop, every time you go in there you feed the beast. Everytime it gets fed it strengthens it's rationality in pulling bullshit moves like that. They won't ever stop, and only keep doing shady shit to customers as long as people keep going in there. Between prime and GCU I save a lot of money by not going in there, throw in ebay and best buy reward points and I never ever have a reason to buy from them. Need to take off the rose tinted glasses of "it being a store devoted to games" and realize it's just a shitty store designed to rip you off.

#cutthelamestop

It should be illegal to pass off previously used merchandise as new.
I'm no fan of Gamestop's policy of selling "new" games which are opened. That being said, they're policy of pushing preowned products is one I can understand from a business standpoint. GS makes a whole lot more money when the item is PO vs. new. Frankly, in some instances, I'm told GS actually comes close to doing nothing more than breaking even when they sell a new game and the buyer charges it on their credit card.

None of this excuses them passing opened games as new -- at that point, they should just sell it as PO. I wonder if in their stats, they count opened new games/hardware as "new" or PO purchases. I would guess the latter since that way they can keep more of the sale.

Call cooperate bro

Also, producing multiple SKUs on tech (rather than cosmetics - e.g., color schemes) tends to confuse your mom and dad consumers. Better for Nintendo to just stick to one version, even if it means that the item is (admittedly) egregiously overpriced compared to its competitors.
The New Nintendo 3DS may have a disagreement with your correct statement. Nintendo doesn't always care about parents understanding =(.

This is why I wish Nintendo would put a seal on their system boxes, or at least design the flaps so you can tell if it's been opened. I would love to hear their reasoning why they don't.

Hell I wish they put shrink wrap on their stuff with cardboard boxes. BB slapped a big fat sticker on my Zelda special edition and removing it as gentle as possible still pealed some of the print off the box (and no remaining stock to replace it with either).

We also already have seen reports now that more switches are going to be available at gamestop on Mar 22, at Target and Walmart around that same time, and Nintendo is going to produce 16m switches in the next 12 months, up from original estimate of 8m (they have sold a little under 2m so far). So sure, there are definitely people who want it NOW and will pay whatever, but that pool of people is shrinking fast and will more or less be gone soon as switches start flooding the channels once manufacturing catches up.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545
The only reports I've seen for the restock this week has been at Gamestop. The other retailers are getting it too?

I've only seen 5 or 6 locations today get new stock. Mostly gray units again.

EDIT - I have seen 1 new neon unit (possible return/defective unit?) but there has been maybe 10-12 new gray unit locations so far today but they drop off just as fast too.

So far all day there has been a constant trickle of 1-2 gray switches popping up at stores which is consistent with Best Buy's restock of only gray switches.

I'm loving it on my Wii U with my pro controller. The battery in that thing definitely last 80 hours, easily the best controller ever made. If the switch pro controller is half as good I'll be happy.
Its better, and I love the wiiu pro controller. It feels better, has a better weight and grip. Better rumble and includes the rf reader which is nice. Its clear the battery and hd rumble drove up the costs but its amazing. Between the wife and I we have over 150 in Zelda, yeah yeah I know, and we've charged it three times I think since buying it, so it gets about 50 ish hours on full charge and it charges full in little time.

Need to add that USB C PD is newer tech too and it clearly added to the costs of the switch and procon. They went for the fastest charging solution they could get right now and be able to allow universal adapters.

Best Buy had some switches online that were up for like 5 mins today. Managed to get an order for 1 but it says back ordered :(
Yup, was about to pull the trigger as soon as my alert went off. But, I couldn't justify it since I have $300 in GameStop trade in credit. Gotta be patient....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see selling your Switch now at break-even and waiting on a bundle this winter.  You get to experience the thrill of a new console and play one of the highest rated games of all-time and then recoup all costs.  I'm not doing that, but I can see why someone would.

GS is getting more gray switches in store today check the sheets.

EDIT- Even more stores popping up a few few minutes later.

If you are in the Buffalo area, the Walmart on Walden in Cheektowaga had two gray switches this morning
According to brickseek 40% of all walmarts have inventory. I called my local ones they're reporting 20+ in stock but when they check their front and back inventory they're saying no inventory is in back or in front and no units have been sold in weeks.

Not sure what's going on.

According to brickseek 40% of all walmarts have inventory. I called my local ones they're reporting 20+ in stock but when they check their front and back inventory they're saying no inventory is in back or in front and no units have been sold in weeks.

Not sure what's going on.
Those are in store pre orders that haven't been picked up.

Those are in store pre orders that haven't been picked up.
That's what an instore rep just said on the phone. I guess they handle preorders like layaway. They're all grey units. No neons are avail so I thought it was an inventory restock.

I think it's a glitch in their inventory system. For example, my local Walmart is listing 29 in inventory. How have 29 people been this lax about picking up a Switch?
Yeah I'd have to say so. These were all walmarts in "bad areas". He said they're just waiting on payment for the preorders but can't sell the stock. I assume they're doing some sort of layway thing. It's really out dated but a lot of people without cash or credit need it to get their kids toys and non-necessity items.

The preorders do work like layaway, they can't touch those consoles unless someone cancels or picks it up. I was told April 1st was the day that they would be put on the floor to sale at one store, but I'd consider that YMMV because the other 2 stores I talked to said they would be held indefinitely.

I think it's a glitch in their inventory system. For example, my local Walmart is listing 29 in inventory. How have 29 people been this lax about picking up a Switch?
i'd assume its 29 scalpers who put up a switch for sale on craigslist, if they sell it great they meet the buyer at walmart. if they don't sell it, they let it die and they never paid anything.

I have big hands and don't like the grip. I prefer the joycons attached to the screen. :/ too poor for a pro controller.

As far as handheld mode goes.. With headphones i get exactly 3 hours of zelda play time so that's good enough for me. I can't do giant marathon gaming sessions. Adulting, yo.

i'd assume its 29 scalpers who put up a switch for sale on craigslist, if they sell it great they meet the buyer at walmart. if they don't sell it, they let it die and they never paid anything.
At most places you don't get your fee back and at bad places you lose your layaway money. I remember the novality of layaway died in the 80s, but picked up again during and post 08 recession. After reflecting on this situation, I remember the same thing happened with hatchamals where inventory was held up on layaway.

Poorer people and scalpers lock up the inventory in layaway, then lose their money or the fee if they can't pay. If it's a free place, then they have nothing to lose. I don't know what Walmart's fee policy is, but I certainly know the locations I talked to have an entire back section of layaway so I bet it's free or very low cost.

Well, frack.

So, first up, apparently GameStop has this deal going on this week:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/gamestop-has-epic-trade-in-deals-for-nintendo-switch-for-a-limited-time-3452004

A $200 credit toward a Switch for trading in a PS4 actually seems like a pretty good deal. And since I bought a Pro from a Newegg deal a month or so ago, I do have an extra PS4 laying around to trade in.

But the thing is, I just got a Switch from Best Buy last night and hooked it up. A second one, actually, since the first one I got had a slight defect on the screen itself...thus I had returned and exchanged it for last night's Switch (they had JUST gotten a shipment in that night). And since I had done a couple of exchanges recently with some external hard drives (had a bit of a time finding one that the 4.50 update would play nicely with), I might be close to running afoul of Best Buy's return-abuse ban that's apparently a thing if I were to return a Switch yet again.

So, on the one hand, if I wanted to take advantage of this deal, I'd have to pack up the Switch into the box yet again, take what I know to be a perfectly good Switch and swap it for one that might have a defect of some kind (be it a dead pixel or a slight dent in the screen like my first one) and/or could already have been used yet listed as "new" (as mentioned in a post a few pages back in this thread)...and also risk not being able to return anything to Best Buy again.

But then again, if I don't do it, then I still have a PS4 sitting around doing nothing. Hmm. Can one do better than getting $200 for a regular PS4 nowadays? Or is this deal as good as I'll get for it? Thoughts?

So I'm almost positive now that Nintendo just shipped out gray units this time around so if you are looking for a Neon you are out of luck.

Well, frack.

So, first up, apparently GameStop has this deal going on this week:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/gamestop-has-epic-trade-in-deals-for-nintendo-switch-for-a-limited-time-3452004

A $200 credit toward a Switch for trading in a PS4 actually seems like a pretty good deal. And since I bought a Pro from a Newegg deal a month or so ago, I do have an extra PS4 laying around to trade in.

But the thing is, I just got a Switch from Best Buy last night and hooked it up. A second one, actually, since the first one I got had a slight defect on the screen itself...thus I had returned and exchanged it for last night's Switch (they had JUST gotten a shipment in that night). And since I had done a couple of exchanges recently with some external hard drives (had a bit of a time finding one that the 4.50 update would play nicely with), I might be close to running afoul of Best Buy's return-abuse ban that's apparently a thing if I were to return a Switch yet again.

So, on the one hand, if I wanted to take advantage of this deal, I'd have to pack up the Switch into the box yet again, take what I know to be a perfectly good Switch and swap it for one that might have a defect of some kind (be it a dead pixel or a slight dent in the screen like my first one) and/or could already have been used yet listed as "new" (as mentioned in a post a few pages back in this thread)...and also risk not being able to return anything to Best Buy again.

But then again, if I don't do it, then I still have a PS4 sitting around doing nothing. Hmm. Can one do better than getting $200 for a regular PS4 nowadays? Or is this deal as good as I'll get for it? Thoughts?
I personally wouldn't stress it. All day long, on ebay you can sell a PS4 post shipping for 180-200 bucks.

bread's done
Back