* * - - - 13 votes

Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

#2491 nieon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

This bundle has convinced me to get a switch but does anyone know if it had any hardware improvements since release? I remember seeing videos of joycons being interfered with your own hand and the straps getting stuck to name a few.

#2492 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

USPS has been good to me overall.  Employees have been mostly helpful in tracking down packages when the need arises.  But they definitely have the benefit of being backed by the American taxpayer.  

Amazon benefits quite a bit from this fact as well.  

Well, here's my local post office, along with their Google reviews. Lets just say this is one of the better locations I've dealt with over the years. If this was a private owned business, it would have been "out of business" decades ago.

https://www.google.c...12!2i710!4f13.1

#2493 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

I really wish the copy of Mario Odyssey was physical :( I'm probably going to get this bundle anyway. If it's a digital code and not pre-installed, at least you might be able to sell the code.

5wugTSx.png

#2494 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

This bundle has convinced me to get a switch but does anyone know if it had any hardware improvements since release? I remember seeing videos of joycons being interfered with your own hand and the straps getting stuck to name a few.

I don't believe there have been any hardware changes, but I know a firmware update fixed the joycon issue.

Apparently I'm wrong! My controller issue was fixed with a firmware update, but a couple posters below me mention it being hardware and that appears to be correct. I would hope by now that the switches in stores are of a newer batch, but you never know.

5wugTSx.png

#2495 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

I don't believe there have been any hardware changes, but I know a firmware update fixed the joycon issue.

That was actually a defect in production, and that update did absolutely nothing in fixing it. There are still some who get the JC issue, and you have to send it in to "N" to be fixed.

#2496 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   803 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

False. Joycon desync is a hardware issue.

#2497 DustoMan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DustoMan

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

False. Joycon desync is a hardware issue.

I thought they added more insulation between radio antennas or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dusto
dustoman (at) gmail (dot) com

#2498 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

I thought they added more insulation between radio antennas or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's what they do for the fix, and it seems to fix whatever the issue is, which I would guess is some form of interference from a weak antenna. As one of the customer fixes was to add a longer antenna, which seemed to work perfectly as well.

They just didn't do much testing, and got bit in the ass because of it, but they fix any and all JC issues for free, so besides waiting to get your JC back, not a big deal now I guess.

Wi-Fi strength has been another issue, as many have reported janky connections, but I have yet to see what the fix was for that, or if the problem was ever even acknowledged or not.

#2499 bballplaya210   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

bballplaya210

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

I had the joy-con issue. On the plus side, turnaround time from when I called to getting the fixed joy-con back was less than a week since they use overnight shipping.

#2500 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Yeah turnaround on the joycon was quick.  They overnighted back to me.  2 day air there I think.  3-4 day total turnaround.  

#2501 cereal_killerxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

cereal_killerxx

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Found a Neon Blue/Red Switch at Best Buy for $299 and impulse bought it. Looks like I'm getting Mario Odyssey separately.

#2502 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

Found a Neon Blue/Red Switch at Best Buy for $299 and impulse bought it. Looks like I'm getting Mario Odyssey separately.

It would be cheaper that way, I guess. You won't be getting the red controllers though

#2503 cereal_killerxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

cereal_killerxx

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

It would be cheaper that way, I guess. You won't be getting the red controllers though

Maybe it's because I'm getting older but I don't really care too much about controller color... as long as it's not pink lol

#2504 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1508 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

Maybe it's because I'm getting older but I don't really care too much about controller color... as long as it's not pink lol

The cool thing about the Switch is you really don't have to decide for good.  Even if you pick a color, you can get different ones down the road if one appeals to you to customize your console on the go and use the old ones as secondary controllers.  The only change would be if they start offering some of the customized console markings (or make different colors) on the console itself.

#2505 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Are all the SNES Classic threads moved to the graveyard? Anyway, the Hori wireless Fighting Commander is up at Amazon, and Gamestop as well. Didn't want to make a new thread for this, as it's really not a deal, but it should interest some. 

https://www.amazon.c... commander snes

https://www.gamestop...ntroller/151550

#2506 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6331 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

There's a snes classic thread in shopping discussions

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#2507 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

There's a snes classic thread in shopping discussions

Cool, I'll post it there as well.

#2508 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

The cool thing about the Switch is you really don't have to decide for good.  Even if you pick a color, you can get different ones down the road if one appeals to you to customize your console on the go and use the old ones as secondary controllers.  The only change would be if they start offering some of the customized console markings (or make different colors) on the console itself.

That's a good point. The only differences with the switches right now are the colors of the Joycon controllers. It really doesn't matter which bundle you get. It's good to keep this in mind when purchasing the Switch this holiday season

#2509 Cloudrivera   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Cloudrivera

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

I feel like this is going to happen to me. I impulse preordered the new xbox lol

#2510 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:57 AM

I feel like this is going to happen to me. I impulse preordered the new xbox lol

Might happen to me too - but with the XB1S probably... if the price is right on black Friday :D

We impulse bought the gold PS4, so *shrug*

#2511 Cloudrivera   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Cloudrivera

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

Might happen to me too - but with the XB1S probably... if the price is right on black Friday :D

We impulse bought the gold PS4, so *shrug*

Apparently, There's a Target near me that has some in stock. However, I think I'm going to wait for Black Friday. Hopefully some of the bundles will be on sale. If nothing else, games will be

#2512 mephestozieg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

mephestozieg

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Walmart in pigeon forge, TN had 15 switches in stock today. 8 gray and 7 splatoon bundles. Definitely picking up a splatoon bundle if they are any left when I get paid Friday.

#2513 JEW UNIT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Does anybody know when Best Buy restock the Blue/Red Switch? I want to get one before Mario Odyssey comes out (and it would be even harder to get). 

Posted Image

#2514 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Why not just pre order the mario bundle?

#2515 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Just came from my local Walmart, and this is the first time I've seen more than one specific NS in stock. They had plenty of the standard, neon, and Splatoon bundles as well. I really need to hurry up so I can get my son's neon before they become hard to find again.

EDIT: This is for sure the calm before the storm. LOL

#2516 JEW UNIT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Why not just pre order the mario bundle?

I'm not digging the design of the joy cons and the digital copy ruins it for me (if it came with a physical copy I would bite).

Posted Image

#2517 JEW UNIT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Red/Blue and Gray Switches are up on Amazon. Just placed my order. 

Posted Image

#2518 Cagg  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

Nintendo Switch - Super Mario Odyssey Edition

https://www.amazon.c...ndo+switch&th=1

#2519 Cloudrivera   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Cloudrivera

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

I think I might get one on Sunday. I want to get one now before Mario comes out lol

edit: welp. Amazon has them in stock. Just bought one

#2520 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Just a heads up, but if anyone plans to get the Retro City Rampage CE in a few hours, I recommend setting up an account at VBlank before hand, so check out is faster. I honestly don't think all 3000 copies are gonna go that quick, but since they don't normally have limits on qty's per person, you never know, better to be prepared.