* * - - - 11 votes

Nintendo Switch in stock at some stores YMMV

#2041 kenniiiiii   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kenniiiiii

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

any news in ft lauderdale / south florida areas would be appreciate.

#2042 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

Second the Chicago area question, It seems really hard to find, especially with all that Gamestop credit to burn.

I'm even worse off lol. I have target, gs, and bb credit to use... And a lot of each

#2043 muhanad  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:09 AM

Anyone asking about stock in their areas, use istocknow.com. It's not always accurate, but you can get an idea of what stores (if any) in your area have them available.

#2044 kenniiiiii   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kenniiiiii

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

finally got 1! i couldnt believe it. plantation, fl target this morning had 5 grays and 4 neons. i got the neon

#2045 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Anyone else having problems with the pro controller D-pad? My dpad is hitting mutiple directions when only on is pressed.

#2046 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Anyone else having problems with the pro controller D-pad? My dpad is hitting mutiple directions when only on is pressed.

Known issue.  I've heard about it quite a bit considering not everyone who gets a Switch gets a Pro controller.

Exchange it.  Or send it in.  

#2047 muhanad  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Yeah this is a common issue, and there are some relatively simple fixes for it online, if you don't mind opening up your controller.

#2048 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Yeah this is a common issue, and there are some relatively simple fixes for it online, if you don't mind opening up your controller.

it's a common thing? Damn nintendo I've already sent my joycons in to be fixed now this?...Ok ill go check YouTube. I thought it was odd. I know I've never dropped it. Thanks.

#2049 dc_fortythree   This was a triumph CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

dc_fortythree

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

as a side note to known issues. my left joycon had a very slight wiggle to it when attached, while the right one felt snug. the fix is to layer small pieces of tape (i used 3 layers of the blue painters tape) and stuck it to the bottom of the base of the screen where the left joycon connects.

#2050 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Yeah this is a common issue, and there are some relatively simple fixes for it online, if you don't mind opening up your controller.

A common issue? Damn, really? Did they check any of the NS's accessories and features before mass production(and after)?

This is for sure their most issue related system thus far, as they have always been one of the best in regards to overall build quality, but there was for sure an issue here.

#2051 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12788 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

A common issue? Damn, really? Did they check any of the NS's accessories and features before mass production(and after)?

This is for sure their most issue related system thus far, as they have always been one of the best in regards to overall build quality, but there was for sure an issue here.

More a product of changing form factor and never sticking to a design as a cause. While other consoles have settled on a controller, Nintendo just can't help but reinvent the wheel every time.

Posted Image

#2052 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

More a product of changing form factor and never sticking to a design as a cause. While other consoles have settled on a controller, Nintendo just can't help but reinvent the wheel every time.

I don't really mind new controllers(when they work properly), but yeah, the old Pro controller of the Wii U was just fine, and cheaper. Some of my favorite controllers have come from "N", but these Joy-Cons ain't on the list. LOL

I finally got to use the Joy-Cons a few weeks back, and I didn't care for them at all. I actually have little hands to, so I would for sure only use them while attached to the system, as on there own, I didn't care for them.

I'll for sure be waiting on a redesign, or some uber cheap deal before I grab an NS, but to hear that the new and rather expensive pro controller is having issues, that's rather pathetic to say the least.

#2053 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1823 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Never had this issue with my pro controller and I mainly used the dpad for Zelda (menu selection stuff), Blastermaster Zero and Ultra Street Fighter 2.  I know with USF2 it would have shown with all the quarter-circle moves and stuff.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#2054 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

i like the joycons.  And ended up returning my Pro controller.  I like a few things about the joycons over the Pro controller actually.   I like the short throw of the sticks.   The trade off is they aren't as precise, but you have the fine tune gryo aiming  and so really only benefit is for walking in tight spaces like along edges.    And that isn't an issue for me.

Also I like the + and - shaped buttons.  It might be superficial but thought Pro controller should have done same thing.  

And the joycon buttons, as small as they are, are really clicky and I like that.  

And overall I thought the joycons made the Pro controller feel a bit clunky.  

I did like the accuracy of the Pro controller's sticks and the over-sized face buttons were fun.  But found I liked the joycons just as much and so why pay another $70.  Also have a 2nd Switch so didn't need a 2nd controller.  

#2055 muhanad  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

From what I've seen, the d-pad issue is less of a defect and more of an actual design oversight/issue which is pretty prevalent (hard to tell exactly how prevalent). Even Nintendo has contradicted themselves, as people have sent in controllers with the issue and got back new or "repaired" ones with the same issue, while other people have gotten controllers back from Nintendo with fixed d-pads.

Hopefully Nintendo can get their shit together, but I don't really expect them to release a revised one, if I'm being honest.

#2056 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

wow I didnt know it's SO much harder to get a Switch in japan.: 2100 people lined up for a raffle for a chance to buy one of the 200 consoles. insane!!

http://kotaku.com/ja...hell-1796975143

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Don't forget to use ebates when you shop at Best Buy, ebay, Dell, newegg, etc!

#2057 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Green/Pink Splatoon 2 Themed Joycons available at Amazon.ES $91 total

Seeing how we're not getting these in the states, decent option. 

anigif22d8b.gifd7HXiln.jpg

#2058 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Green/Pink Splatoon 2 Themed Joycons available at Amazon.ES $91 total
Seeing how we're not getting these in the states, decent option.

Been looking. Not seeing it.

#2059 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Been looking. Not seeing it.

Gone. :cry:

https://www.amazon.e...S1E5NERRNV4MPEF

#2060 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

^Ahhh, thanks.

#2061 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Oh wow, sorry.

I actually just noticed they're up on Amazon Germany but for more $117 shipped.  :-

#2062 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

wow I didnt know it's SO much harder to get a Switch in japan.: 2100 people lined up for a raffle for a chance to buy one of the 200 consoles. insane!!

http://kotaku.com/ja...hell-1796975143

Yeah, I don't know how retail works over there, as we get regular restocks weekly at most places. I always see post over at GoNintendo showing how when Japan gets units online, they are gone within 15 or so minutes each time, so yeah, demand over there seems higher, but they may not have been releasing as many over there, so who knows? 

I haven't really seen much in the way of standard retail over there, so that may be worse than their online situation. Units are still moving all over, so that's a good thing I guess.

#2063 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, I don't know how retail works over there, as we get regular restocks weekly at most places. I always see post over at GoNintendo showing how when Japan gets units online, they are gone within 15 or so minutes each time, so yeah, demand over there seems higher, but they may not have been releasing as many over there, so who knows? 

I haven't really seen much in the way of standard retail over there, so that may be worse than their online situation. Units are still moving all over, so that's a good thing I guess.

From the looks of it they will hold stock for a week or two and make people line up 1 day instead of every couple of days a week. Something we're seeing this week with Splatoon 2 where BB/Walmart/Gamestop are holding stock for friday (just like they did for MK8D release).

What I find disheartening about this is that if 3k people lined up and only 250 got a console that's 90% of people didn't get anything for their time and effort... I'd wager 10-20% of those people will never line up again due to the shitty experience of wasting time for nothing and that's potential customers lost by Nintendo at least for now. Will they pick up a switch? Sure probably next year when stock sorts itself out from the looks of it... which is again, disheartening. 

#2064 Shadowstrike002  

Shadowstrike002

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

Where I was working we got 4-6 every week and they'd be gone in minutes.
Currently playing: Senran Kagura EV,rainbow moon,Steins;gate,Dungeon travelers 2
ShadowStrike002.png
https://myanimelist....e/Shadowtheking That's anime
PS4:Shadowstrike002
SWITCH: 4993-0137-5407

#2065 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

What I find disheartening about this is that if 3k people lined up and only 250 got a console that's 90% of people didn't get anything for their time and effort... I'd wager 10-20% of those people will never line up again due to the shitty experience of wasting time for nothing and that's potential customers lost by Nintendo at least for now. Will they pick up a switch? Sure probably next year when stock sorts itself out from the looks of it... which is again, disheartening. 

lol.   A little dramatic.  Somehow I think those customers are quite aware of what they are doing.

#2066 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

From what I've seen, the d-pad issue is less of a defect and more of an actual design oversight/issue which is pretty prevalent (hard to tell exactly how prevalent). Even Nintendo has contradicted themselves, as people have sent in controllers with the issue and got back new or "repaired" ones with the same issue, while other people have gotten controllers back from Nintendo with fixed d-pads.

Hopefully Nintendo can get their shit together, but I don't really expect them to release a revised one, if I'm being honest.

I ended up just returning it to wally world. I wasn't comfortable opening up the controller. Im fine with the joycons for now. I also have a 8bitdo pad that I hear works. I only have tetris & shovel knight so those will do for now. I was suprised reading the comments on YouTube about how many people had the same issue. Very disappointed in Nintendo. Hopefully they fix that design flaw. I'll want a pro controller for mario, xenoblade & fire emblem.

#2067 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

I desperately need a Pro Controller. Do they ever go on sale?

#2068 Rickybobby1234  

Rickybobby1234

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Success at Gamestop in Chicago today! Looks like The reports were true, keep calling around, it took my third Gamestop to find one.

#2069 Got_Wii   Nintendo Freak CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

I haven't seen a sale yet. Occasionally you will find someone selling one on ebay for $4-5 bucks cheaper.

#2070 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

A month ago there were $63 in store at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Got one on vacation when I visited one looking for a movie so not one near me to check again. Figure it was the best deal I'd see before the Holidays

772836.png